Tempest Trials Mini: To Die on the Battlefield!

Vaximillian

Not sure if anyone said already, so I'll say it myself.

I was going through Tempest Trials when I noticed my Hector was gaining 12 SP per battle. At first I was weirded out, until I realized that Hector gains 2x SP in this TT. Combined with the 2x EXP/SP event going on, it means that Hector (and possibly any of the other boosted allies like Ninian or Eliwood) gain 4x SP.

If you have an unfinished Hector, I'd suggest taking him and grinding him into the ground before the 2x EXP/SP event disappears. It's too good a chance to pass up.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My team of Ninian, Ursula and masked Marth made a casting for the fourth spot on the first 3-4 runs. 

First candidate was Hector, but he couldn't arrive in battle before masked Marth and Ursula killed everyone. Brave Ike was better, but served mainly as a reposition bot. 

The winner is Brave Roy! Even without boosted Stats and with his sad ATK bane (but Hone Cav by Ursula to be honest) he is fun to play. With QP he doubles the first mage and procs immediately Galeforce for additional mischief. 

As a bonus he buffs Ursulas blade tome. 

Loving the idea of mini TT.

Eliwood, Hector, Azura and Takumi are making this a smooth sailing, and it allowed me to level Eli to 40. Also managed to get Masked Marth who I missed the first time around. I'm mostly in it for the orbs though, I need Ninian, Lyn and Ephraim!

1 hour ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I was going through Tempest Trials when I noticed my Hector was gaining 12 SP per battle. At first I was weirded out, until I realized that Hector gains 2x SP in this TT. Combined with the 2x EXP/SP event going on, it means that Hector (and possibly any of the other boosted allies like Ninian or Eliwood) gain 4x SP.

If you have an unfinished Hector, I'd suggest taking him and grinding him into the ground before the 2x EXP/SP event disappears. It's too good a chance to pass up.

Yeah, my Lyn is winning 12 sp too! Maybe I can think in giving her new skills now!!

Funny part here... Is that my Lyn have Axebreaker and since I'm only playing lunatic 5 battles for a quickly play, she can destroy enemy Hector with no problem lol.

Now, I don't know what to do with the new LuciMask, so I'm going to merge it with the first one. In the other hand, I can only show "THANKYOU!!" for the return of Quickened Pulse, now to see who is going to use it!

I've done the Lunatic 7-battle run a dozen or so times.  I've never had my first team defeated, and I've had a deathless run.  My team:

Olivia: 4-star, no SI

Effie: Brave Lance+, Pivot, Bonfire, Wary Fighter 3, support w/Hector

Hector: Armads, Distant Counter, Vantage 3 & Bonfire

CYL Lyn: Brave Bow+, Dragon Gaze, summoner support

My "strategy": Hector with a Hone defense, at full health, can mow down any unit with an attack sub-50 as a counterattack.  Effie one-shots the quick sword users.  CYL Lyn takes out pretty much everything, but is the best mage-killer.  If you NEETs don't have Hector you could use Nowi or Tiki I suppose, though they would need Hones...

This is a better trial than the last one, for the simple fact that I'm using Hector instead of Berkut.

Im having some slight trouble winning the level 40 lunatic levels. the 4 bonus units i use in the begining dont get far enough, and my main team isnt good for the final map when we get there... Can i have some team suggestions to use for each slot? just general team suggestions would be helpful.

2 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

I remembered that fact after I arrived at ~10,000 points in TT, like "oh finally I can have Ninian learn those skills I gave her months ago" ... but then I remembered she is usually too busy dancing and actually not gaining any SP. 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

2 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

If your Azura or Olivia have the SP + C Skill your Sword/Lance Bonus unit (like Maked Marth, Lyn, Loyd etc) get 24 SP per kill, which makes Skill inheritance very very very fast.

Oh and a Summer Tiki will help with the Axe units

Edited by Hilda

I swapped Xander out for my Masked Marth heal bot, working out pretty well. B. Lyn/Titania/M. Marth/Ninian

I still make some stupid mistakes, since Reinhardt is more mindless, but it's pretty consistent. Plus an excuse to finally use the Masked Marth I spent months putting together

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

This is a better trial than the last one, for the simple fact that I'm using Hector instead of Berkut.

4* Berkut was a decent unit. He can one shot a full health Sonya with a +2 attack buff if he attacks her with Blazing Flame.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

If your Azura or Olivia have the SP + C Skill your Sword/Lance Bonus unit (like Maked Marth, Lyn, Loyd etc) get 24 SP per kill, which makes Skill inheritance very very very fast.

Oh and a Summer Tiki will help with the Axe units

Ah, Valor skills...I don't have Summer!Tiki, but I do have Gray so I'll definitely be taking this chance to get my Eliweeds, Lloyds, and Lucina!Marths up to snuff.

I really like the idea of the Mini Tempest Trial.  In the past Tempests, I would often repeat the cycle of really enjoying it and being enthusiastic for the first week or so, before getting really burnt out after doing it for two weeks straight and feeling obligated to keep doing it for all the rewards.

I'm running a team of Soren, Reinhardt, "Marth", Ninian.  It's been really nice seeing my Gronnraven Soren in action, although it's sad he can't KO Hector, even with Axebreaker.  I'm at 9032 points so far.  I hope to put a big dent in the trek to 50K over the weekend, since that's generally the best time to play for me.

Been changing my team around quite a bit for this one.

First 2 daily clears: Lyn, Olivia, Bride Lyn, Reinhardt

Lyn pretty much capped HM quickly since she was already close to 3K so she got replaced with Hector. Bride Lyn got replaced by Priscilla, who capped as well before getting replaced by my 3* Clarine. Reinhardt got replaced by Brave Lyn.

Also got Brave Lyn's supports with sword Lyn and the summoner to S-rank.

Edited by Roflolxp54

4 hours ago, Lau said:

Loving the idea of mini TT.

Eliwood, Hector, Azura and Takumi are making this a smooth sailing, and it allowed me to level Eli to 40. Also managed to get Masked Marth who I missed the first time around. I'm mostly in it for the orbs though, I need Ninian, Lyn and Ephraim!

I got a Lyn! Wanted a Hector, but whatever.

At least after this I should be able to get Masked Lucina up to + 1. With all the feathers I have, I may even get her to +2 or 3.

5 hours ago, MilodicMellodi said:

The bonus SP has been a blessing for my +Atk -Def Eliwood. Thanks to that and the TT banner, I've managed to get to merge Eliwood to all the way to 40+6 while getting plenty of SP. The stat boost from the merges and the TT makes him a great mage killer with DC. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

yesss, this team is blazing through lunatic-5. I already have over 10k. I'll keep going for the next reward then call it a night.

God I wish I had realized the appeal of lunatic-5 earlier last tempest. It's marginally less points for significantly less time and less exhausting battles.

After getting around 10K points or so, I've started using TT to train up my Tobin.  It will be nice to have a designated Hector/Amelia counter for Arena Assault.

It feels so weird to be over halfway to the last "main" reward after less than a day, and after only using a single stamina pot to boot. I hope these mini Tempest Trials continue, they're a lot of fun and feel a lot less intimidating to earn everything. A team of Eliwood/Azura/Julia/someone to train has been working well so far, though once I get Xander to the next Hero Merit reward, I may just go back to Masked Marth for the healing and good killing potential. Especially since I'm so close to that 15,000 5-star Masked Marth (12,214 currently), then I could try her out as a +2.

Been grinding 5 battle Lunatic with Xander/Reinhardt/Eliwood/Clarine. Decided consistent perfect 504 points was more convenient when the score cap is as low as it is. 

Really happy I get to use my Eliwood. Poor baby was sitting in the barracks, twiddling his thumbs as I trained other units over him. Now, all I need is DB 3 fodder to slap onto him.

Might starting using Hector, Usula and Lloyd to grind for SP. Lord knows I hate bothering with them any other time.

prime time to finally lvl 40/sp grind my limp noodle ninian !! running it with a new team i'm testing for effectiveness: ike/b!ike/b!lucina/ninian

definitely my favorite tempest of the three i've played. the seals are great and i finally have a 40% unit which has made things go by a little faster than before.

Well, that was yet another day well wasted. I mean, I'm now at 40,035 for my score (#283) which is where I think I'll stop for the day. Once again, it's Klein and a magic-wielding loli (Nino this time instead of Delthea) doing most of the heavy lifting for me with Ninian and Eirika around for support mostly. I can say at the very least that the orbs I got from this did give me a new x1.4 bonus unit to choose from, but I'll say no more than that. That right there should give away which of the three FE7 lords I got, assuming you know me well enough.

1 hour ago, GuiltyLove said:

nothing more satisfying than seeing Nino ORKO Hector who is at full health

That's how I always kill Hector on my end, though my Nino can kill him without her Special proc thanks to her S ranks with me and Eirika.