Tempest Trials Mini: To Die on the Battlefield!

Vaximillian

For the following week, we can do the halved tempest for the usual and new rewards: 4★ and 5★ Masked Marth among them. (And Quickened Pulse for 6k!)

New to this tempest is the Distant Def 1 seal; I didn’t expect it yet. Def+1 is here, too.

Show off your S-supported tempest-boosted Hectors+10, people, do it now!

Here’s the AI’s one (Lunatic 7 fixed boss):

j4DXC7Y.jpg

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the same huge amount of rewards as last time, just expedited for a week-long event. This cuts into our bonus runs, so it should be overall harder to reach the end. But with a lot of free units and units in the game since release, I think I'm not alone in having some great uber bonus units to play with compared to previous TTs. Feels good to have a 1.4x bonus unit again. Going to use the feathers I earn to promote Lloyd to 5 star, since Lyn should be close to maxing Hero Merit.

Distant Defense is a good get. And I'm happy for people that get their second shot at Quickened Reinhardt. The First Tempest Trial was a tough one, since nobody was prepared ahead of time for this type of challenge 

Playing with a full team of bonus heroes really simplifies this TT compared to the first one.  Went into the 7 Battle Lunatic blind with Lyn, Eliwood, Anna, and Maria just to try it out, and they actually cleared all 7 alone.  No blade mage support or anything!

7 minutes ago, Florete said:

Brash Assault Lyn might not be the greatest unit, but is still pretty fun.

I (re-)discovered Brash Lyn during the gauntlet and she’s really fun indeed. I loved killing Azuras and Ryomas and everything.

Huzzah another Tempest Trial! Though it be mini, the rewards be just as wumbo! Those of you who passed up on Quickened Pulse last time it came around, now's your chance! It's 100% worth it and overall a really fun and helpful skill. Not sure how I feel about the Masked Marth rerun, but hey, it's a neutral Lucina with no skills, but it's a neutral Lucina none the less.

Distant Defense was unexpected considering how unique it is, but that's great! Definitely going to try to get the maximum score this time. Still need orbs for summoning Brave Lucina and Roy.

Good luck and strategizing all!

My team of Hector, Lance!Lucina, Roy, and Innes is advancing beautifully through the TT. I'm already close to getting Quickened Pulse.

Btw...Roy is like THE best unit to handle Hector. TA, Binding Blade's "+2 Def/Res when attacked" effect...he's perfect. Now only to get rid of these stupid Lance Cavalry units he keeps having alongside him....

I'm pretty stoked for this. I haven't figured out a perfect team quite yet, but I love how after my first Lunatic run, I ended up with a huge chunk of rewards. Loving it. I think if I manage to save all of these orbs, I'll have 100 before the next banner. 

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

I haven't gotten it yet, but who is the best candidate for distant def? Obvious answer would be Xander, but there may be some other units that could use it better?

Azama liked having more resistance against mages. +Spd/-Atk Azama wit Fortress Res already survives everyone except Brave Lucina, so adding Distant Def on top of that will annoy ranged units even more.

Actually, if you give the same Azama the Def+1 seal, he even survives Brave Lucina- and cannot be one-shotted by any neutral unboosted unit! (Although he has less unfavourable matchups if using HP+3 instead)

Other than that, maybe Hector himself would like Distant Def since he is mage bait? Or maybe even Distant Counter Berkut's Lance Effie. Actually maybe even Berkut himself likes that seal.

@TheTuckingFypo A step closer to the imprenetable Azama build!

But yeah, my +HP Hector with HP+3 seal reaches 60 HP. Neat.

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

...Might I ask where that song plays? It bothers me that I haven't the foggiest.

Apparently it’s one of the two player phase map themes of Hector Mode.

Edited by Vaximillian

The Distant Def seal looks pretty sweet, and the +1 Def seal means I don't have to switch around the Ace Def seal as often too. I wonder if this mini tempest is them testing the waters to making TTs like this from now on or not. Maybe if people show they like this better than a regular 2 week run one, they'll make this the new norm. With the same rewards and a lower requirement to get all the same good stuff, I'm digging this one.

Well, this is fun. I gave my Ninian Hone Attack, which basicly makes her into another Olivia (not like Olivia ever attacked). Replacing my dancers means I can run Thraja, Nino and Reinhardt for this tempest, making it a breeze. Tharja also has no problem dealing with Hector.

I feel like this final map is pretty easy compared to the other ones. You can just attack the boss on the first turn, deal with the enemy on the lower left, and you're outside of anyone's range. Not that I'm complaining.

My Reinhardt has capped HM now though, so I might try swapping him out for someone else. No idea who though...

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Apparently it’s one of the two overworld themes of Hector Mode.

Explains why I can't immediately recognise it.

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, it's a Hector Mode-exclusive map theme. It only really plays in the early-game I believe.

Explains why it's familiar at all.

So what are we saving the Light map theme for? (Then again, neither Clarisse nor Legion brought the amazing Assassin battle theme, so maybe we didn't get it...)