New Interview (female Robin and male Corrin confirmed to be alts, not separate)

Anomalocaris

4 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Nah, it's a cutscene and one with Chrom, so it's not just an intro.

And I really doubt history mode will have animated cutscenes. These extra modes generally don't have strong presentation.

Then I guess the period the Awakening characters were taken from is in-between the Plegia and Valm arcs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my doubts too, but while we have seen the Chrom vs Lucina scene, which happens in chapter 4, here they already know Cordelia, who joins in chapter 7. We don't know how story mode is going to be, so it's completely possible that it is from it, but I wouldn't say no to having scenes in history mode so soon.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Then I guess the period the Awakening characters were taken from is in-between the Plegia and Valm arcs.

That could work but Lucina's mask broke before that point and if Chapter 13 is anything to go by she didn't have another one. So it's all a bit confusing 

After reading that interview I am a bit more excited about FEW, it seems that aside from the poor roster choice the game is shaping up nicely with some really fun mechanics, I am really going to enjoy giving orders to the army. 

Also joycon sharing, does that mean single joycon will be an option, because if so, thats pretty neat.

9 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

That said, I'd kill for a support between Minerva and Cherche: "So what's the name of your Wyvern?" IS plz make it happen.

Well there's actually something of a conversation about that, but instead it's when they're enemies and here's the two battle conversations.

Minvera
I am Minerva of Macedon. Face me at your peril.

Cherche
But...my wyvern is Minerva! It will be a shame to batter her namesake.

Cherche
Minerva of Macedon, was it? Here is a fateful battle if ever I have fought one—isn't that right, Minerva?

Minerva
Why do you look at your wyvern when you address me? Is this some kind of insult?!

However yeah that would be cool.

1 minute ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Good to hear the extra info on the Pegasus knights. The wording also kinda implies and Archenean Pegasus knight, either Caeda or the whitewings. 

Probably Caeda, she'd stand out a bit more from the current two we have, if they went the route of giving her a sword.

The white wings also lack Shadow Dragon artwork... Although I think it could be cool if they somehow managed to add a triple character that's constantly calling the other two sisters for attacks.

Edited by NeonZ

7 hours ago, Reese Balaski said:

Also Cordelia will FINALLY get to talk to Chrom. That's definitely a plus.

Actually, the Summer Scramble DLC gave her a conversation with Chrom - though it requires her to not be married.

I mean - not to be a debby downer - but is Cordelia and Chrom supporting really a big deal? Their 'relationship' was superfluous and redundant considering past & future characters (Catria, Palla, Nyna, Faye, etc) and obviously they won't get together, The weapon system, the order system and the Avatar characters being alternatives were good information and do help make up for the lacklustre roster.

Nice to finally have this officially stated. Also nice to hear that a Pegasus Knight from Shadow Dragon is basically confirmed, almost certainly being Caeda. Catria has maybe the next best chance, but I'd be surprised if they only took one of the sisters. I'd at least be more interested in seeing a support between her and Marth compared to Cordelia and Chrom.

54 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I mean - not to be a debby downer - but is Cordelia and Chrom supporting really a big deal? Their 'relationship' was superfluous and redundant considering past & future characters (Catria, Palla, Nyna, Faye, etc) and obviously they won't get together, The weapon system, the order system and the Avatar characters being alternatives were good information and do help make up for the lacklustre roster.

Some people just are tired of seeing Cordelia not even be able to talk to Chrom on a usual basis, so they're excited for some kind of interaction.

1 hour ago, DefaultBeep said:

Nice to finally have this officially stated. Also nice to hear that a Pegasus Knight from Shadow Dragon is basically confirmed, almost certainly being Caeda. Catria has maybe the next best chance, but I'd be surprised if they only took one of the sisters. I'd at least be more interested in seeing a support between her and Marth compared to Cordelia and Chrom.

I'm hardly the first person to suggest this, but one idea for the Whitewings is to have them be a single character slot with three "costumes", with the two you don't pick showing up in combos and special attacks. Of course, for that to work one of the three would have to be the default; probably Palla, as the eldest, but Catria has popularity on her side.

27 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'm hardly the first person to suggest this, but one idea for the Whitewings is to have them be a single character slot with three "costumes", with the two you don't pick showing up in combos and special attacks. Of course, for that to work one of the three would have to be the default; probably Palla, as the eldest, but Catria has popularity on her side.

Considering we now know for sure that alternate costumes that are entirely different characters (well, "entirely different" as in "different models and voices") can happen, I could see that working. All three of them have about the same actual story relevance in Shadow Dragon, so the "main" sister could really be any of them. Catria has slightly more appearances than Palla since she tells Marth about Maria, I believe, although that's not really much of an edge. All Est really has is bringing the Mercurius with her, though she may have a better chance if Abel manages to get in too.

Oh, actually, if Minerva ends up making it in, it would be amazing if at least one Whitewing is in the story with her. Palla would probably be best if they went that route, since she seems to have the second-in-command role for that group. And since their models would already be in the game, the other sisters could potentially appear as NPCs in some fashion too. But I can't imagine that they would omit Marth's canon love interest just for Whitewing lore, as much as I may want them too...

Edited by DefaultBeep

Just waiting until the Shadow Dragon trailer so I can be hyped. Caeda would be the best choice of a Flier. Besides Tiki is practically confirmed. I want to pray for Camus.

There isn't a Lancer on horseback yet.

4 minutes ago, Cygames said:

Just waiting until the Shadow Dragon trailer so I can be hyped. Caeda would be the best choice of a Flier. Besides Tiki is practically confirmed. I want to pray for Camus.

The only lance users we've seen is Hinoka and Cordelia.

Oddly small number for Fire Emblem I think.

1 hour ago, Emperor Hardin said:

The only lance users we've seen is Hinoka and Cordelia.

Oddly small number for Fire Emblem I think.

I'm sure we'll get at least one Knight armed with a lance (probably Draug, unless Kellam sneaks his way in). They wouldn't include Armorslayers and the like unless there were non-generic units weak to those.

A non-armored-non-mounted lance user is looking unlikely at this stage, though, unless Oboro or Azura get in.

So it's confirmed that Chrom has a Bond Conversation with Cordelia, so I assume that means each character will have at least four Bonds (with at least two with characters from each of the other games). Also the fact that Cordelia is the sole Pegasus Knight representative for Awakening likely means classes that are present in all three games will have one representative each while classes that are unique to only one or two games will feature multiple representatives, like how Awakening has two Lords (Now that I think about it, that does explain why Lucina was almost cut). So while that may kill some characters' chances (Beruka is the first that comes to mind), it does raise the chances of others.

On 9/10/2017 at 2:36 AM, Cygames said:

Well a Nintendo Direct was announced for Wednesday so we will probably get that trailer sooner rather than later. 

On 9/10/2017 at 10:28 AM, Corbin said:

So it's confirmed that Chrom has a Bond Conversation with Cordelia, so I assume that means each character will have at least four Bonds (with at least two with characters from each of the other games). Also the fact that Cordelia is the sole Pegasus Knight representative for Awakening likely means classes that are present in all three games will have one representative each while classes that are unique to only one or two games will feature multiple representatives, like how Awakening has two Lords (Now that I think about it, that does explain why Lucina was almost cut). So while that may kill some characters' chances (Beruka is the first that comes to mind), it does raise the chances of others.

I think they confirmed that everyone has support conversations with one another.

On 9/10/2017 at 4:09 AM, Anomalocaris said:

I'm sure we'll get at least one Knight armed with a lance (probably Draug, unless Kellam sneaks his way in). They wouldn't include Armorslayers and the like unless there were non-generic units weak to those.

A non-armored-non-mounted lance user is looking unlikely at this stage, though, unless Oboro or Azura get in.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-chrom-was-made-first-lissa-lucina-frederick-robin-talk-much-more/2/

Well this interview did mention that having a non-mounted character using lances. I suppose it's possible they were just referring to enemy NPCs, though

32 minutes ago, Corbin said:

Where did you hear that? 

I don't recall..it may be a misremembered assumption.

Regardless, with such a small roster, compared to the typical Fire Emblem title, I could see characters having supports with all or most of the other characters, especially considering how Bonds will help gameplay-wise.