New Interview (female Robin and male Corrin confirmed to be alts, not separate)

Anomalocaris

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-female-robin-cordelia-pegasus-knights-gameplay-including-fire-emblem-elements-more/

The most pressing thing in this interview is that they finally confirmed whether female Robin (and by extension male Corrin) are alternate costumes or separate characters. It's the former.

Also, it seems that at least Awakening's world is not being pulled from before the story; Robin is already a familiar friend to Chrom and co., not a random hobo they picked up on the side of the road.

Edited by Anomalocaris

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past week has been nothing but positive reveals. Less, "here's another character, look at these cutscenes and special attacks that you just sit and watch", more "here's some info about our game modes and character progressions systems". It's like, hey there's a game here. Can't wait to play it. Also if you don't want to play a cliffnotes version of these previous fire emblem games again, don't worry, we threw that into our alternate mode that we really ought to have announced at E3. 

42 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-female-robin-cordelia-pegasus-knights-gameplay-including-fire-emblem-elements-more/

The most pressing thing in this interview is that they finally confirmed whether female Robin (and by extension male Corrin) are alternate costumes or separate characters. It's the former.

Also, it seems that at least Awakening's world is not being pulled from before the story; Robin is already a familiar friend to Chrom and co., not a random hobo they picked up on the side of the road.

As expected of Robin and Corrin. And good on them being glorified alts since that means no needing to level up the exact same character twice.

Some specific wording I noted in this article: "We picked Cordelia as the pegasus knight from Awakening"

This is essentially 100% confirmation that we're either getting Caeda or one of the whitewings, but what I find more interesting is that if they selected a character for each role from each game, do they have wyvern riders as well? This could bode well for Minerva and Cherche.

On the contrary, they did say "I hope you look forward to more Fates and Shadow Dragon reveals", so maybe Awakening is done? That or they're keeping characters secret. I got mixed signals.

10 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

Some specific wording I noted in this article: "We picked Cordelia as the pegasus knight from Awakening"

Indeed that wording:

"Because there will be Pegasus Knights from other titles too, so if we were to have two of them from Awakening… so with that reason, we had Cordelia appear instead, since she got more votes in popularity polls."

14 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

This is essentially 100% confirmation that we're either getting Caeda or one of the whitewings, but what I find more interesting is that if they selected a character for each role from each game, do they have wyvern riders as well? This could bode well for Minerva and Cherche.

On the contrary, they did say "I hope you look forward to more Fates and Shadow Dragon reveals", so maybe Awakening is done? That or they're keeping characters secret. I got mixed signals.

I'm very curious on this as well - considering we seem to be getting at least three Pegasus Knights, it would be fair if there's at least one more Wyvern.
Personally, I'd be 100% ok with either Minerva or Cherche - even if the latter is a favourite of mine, I'd be a fool to not recognise Minerva's importance to the series (besides she's cool too so). That said, I'd kill for a support between Minerva and Cherche: "So what's the name of your Wyvern?" IS plz make it happen.

It's nice to know I wont have to level 2 characters that are the same as another 2. And also people can stop arguing over whether hey are alts or separate characters.

Also, I really hope that we get Caeda and Minerva. With the way they worded it we'll at least get Caeda and I really hope we do.

1 hour ago, RotomGuy said:

They did say at one point of the Awakening characters announced, so there could easily be more.

3 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

Seeing as they made an Awakening cast trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if they're done with their reveals for that installment. I would be more curious about who else from Fates could show up, but it's probably just Azura.

35 minutes ago, Thane said:

Seeing as they made an Awakening cast trailer, I wouldn't be surprised if they're done with their reveals for that installment. I would be more curious about who else from Fates could show up, but it's probably just Azura.

Probably. I think an excuse could be made for Gunter considering Revelation, but that might be stretching it a bit.

3 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

That interview was following up the reveal of Cordelia and Female Robin, so it was from before the recent Fates reveals.

A really interesting interview. Finally we got an official confirmation from Robin/Corrin alternative genre status. And I love how they're putting all the effort to adapt most of the Fire Emblem mechanics in a Warriors game, and still compaginate in the way the normal musou fans see this title atracting. As I always say, let the player choose!

I hope the last declarations doesn't mean they didn't put more Awakening characters (I still want Walhart :v).

On the other hand, I'd kill for having Garon playable. His moveset can be totally badass for this kind of game (and I would also love if they put Lilith as a kawaii dragon as the Astral dragon she is, but it's only a dream that I'm pretty sure would never happen, even considering DLCs).

I don't know so much of Shadow Dragon, but I wish they show new characters soon (at least Tiki, that they confirmed her with her amiibo but we still don't know anything of her in the game).

It's a relief that F!Robin and M!Corrin are considered "glorified costumes" instead of taking up characters on a roster. This may mean that there are +2 character slots for the 25 character theory (unless the alts get a card of their own).

Other than that, everything sounds great going off of the interview! I would love to play Fire Emblem: Warriors on launch and support it through DLC. I sincerely hope it does well so there can be a sequel down the road that expands the character roster as well as the games available for selection.

8 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Huh; makes me wonder what Lucina was doing wearing a mask and all that.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Huh; makes me wonder what Lucina was doing wearing a mask and all that.

3 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Maybe it was from history mode.

Or maybe it's just an intro/alt costume that you can actually change mid-story.

4 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Or maybe it's just an intro/alt costume that you can actually change mid-story.

Nah, it's a cutscene and one with Chrom, so it's not just an intro.

And I really doubt history mode will have animated cutscenes. These extra modes generally don't have strong presentation.

Edited by NeonZ