• July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
    • Delayed into 2019
    • May

It's tough to say when these dates are. The only potential date they like to re-use for release is April 20th (series anniversary). As for the announcement, I notice a trend of January. Fire Emblem Warriors was announced during the Switch Conference in January of this year. Then Heroes and Echoes were announced a week later in a special, Fire Emblem Direct. Fire Emblem Fates was announced in a January Direct in 2015, though that wasn't a special Fire emblem themed Direct, it's important that Fates was the very first announcement.

So that's my guess, a Direct (Fire Emblem themed or not) in January for 2018 is the announcement. Release is much harder to speculate on given that we know nothing about the scale of the project. Will it be full 3D graphics like the last console games? Will there be multiple versions in development like with Fates? My uninformed guess at this point is just November 2018. I want to believe it will be sooner, but this is the first game on new, better hardware. And interviews on the development of Fates and Echoes suggest IS likely had not started development on FE Switch at any point before September 2016. 

Edit: Actually, Nov 2018 might be taken up by Pokemon for Switch. We don't know if pokemon Switch is slated for next year, but that's always a november game and I think it's reasonable to assume Pokemon Switch and Fire Emblem Switch will be at least a month apart. So I'm booting my release vote to October.

Edited by Glennstavos

January makes sense to me generally as a time to announce the game. It's after the holiday season, so people won't hold out for Fire Emblem, and it's after all the other major games are released so that Nintendo's release schedule is filled out and momentum is maintained for the switch. 

Release is much more difficult to predict. It could be anytime next year depending on the scope of the game and the release schedule of other games on the Switch. I would suspect however that the game would be released after March, since it would be difficult logistically (I feel) to produce and then ship the game to the various retailers prior to that, though it might be possible to do it faster.

My bet: It will be announced in holiday 2017, and released in the summer of '18. My speculation for this that because Warriors releases in October, it leaves little room for anything Fire Emblem related in a Nov/Dec Nintendo conference. But it would also be too early to announce any major DLC. So, with this in mind, it would make sense for Nintendo to  fill the gap with a teaser trailer. Remember, we haven't even gotten a teaser yet. 

Im going to say reveal at the end of this year. Seems like that would be pretty likely, even if its just a short trailer with a name drop.

As far as release date goes, I have no exact month but I am leaning towards a Fall or Holiday release. Gives them a little over 2 years or so developing the game, which is a decent amount of time. Especially since they probably needed a new engine along with new gameplay mechanics, character designs, animations, etc. I highly doubt they used the 3DS engine, especially since we know this isnt releasing on the 3DS.

I'm really hoping we get a teaser for it in this next direct, it won't happen but I want it even if it is just a name.
I always assumed FE switch would come out early next year because awakening, Fates and Echoes all released early in the year in the west but I suspect we will be getting a month out or simultaneous release in the main regions  (like how Pokemon swapped to simultaneous) so It will probably be during Winter then (Summer for the northern hemisphere) since if my memory is correct FE:if dropped mid year in japan.

37 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

What tells you it might be announced tomorrow? 

The fact the game can come out in a matter of months, perfect hype time, and the fact it comes out in most likely 6 - 8 months. 

Lol main FE games for Japan is mostly Spring/Summer releases so I don't see Fall/Winter so that's obviously not happening scratch off. Secondly as for release of info I feel its tomorrow (for the length to just pull a 2 min teaser)or whenevers the next main direct happens.

6 hours ago, Kazuya said:

The fact the game can come out in a matter of months, perfect hype time, and the fact it comes out in most likely 6 - 8 months. 

Still, that's an oddly specific date to choose. It would be one thing if he said "September 2017", but he actually chose a specfific date. Why? Is there a direct? Is there anything FE related confirmed for the direct?  

25 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

Still, that's an oddly specific date to choose. It would be one thing if he said "September 2017", but he actually chose a specfific date. Why? Is there a direct? Is there anything FE related confirmed for the direct?  

He is referring to the direct that is on tomorrow. We have no confirmation of the content but it will be 45 minutes so it's likely there will be some part of that about fire emblem (probably warriors focused) 

1 minute ago, Mackc2 said:

He is referring to the direct that is on tomorrow. We have no confirmation of the content but it will be 45 minutes so it's likely there will be some part of that about fire emblem (probably warriors focused) 

That's what I'd expect. Some more stuff about Heroes and maybe even SoV might be announced, but I'd be a little surprised to see anything on FE Switch other than some reassuring words. 

Choose January since I'm expecting Nintendo to do a huge direct about all their upcoming games for the year, and October because idk I just figured that it would come out late in the year. It is going to be the first FE to release on a home console since RD so I figured it would need a little more time to be worked on since they can do a lot more with the Switch then with the 3DS.

When was Fates first revealed, E3 2014? 45 minutes is a long time so we might get a teaser in today's Direct after any Warriors news - the games are two different genres so I don't think one would cannibalise the other.

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

Despite my skepticism of FE16 being announced today, I will be looking out for it. Can anyone tell me what time I'll need to tune in for the direct? My only warning for everyone here today is to not get too hopeful. 

What is your timezone?

I think we will get a really small teaser in this months direct and then get more things announced maybe in another FE direct in February, but to be honest i don't think FE 16 will release in 2018 IS were working on SOV this year and currently working on heroes and the last DLC for SOV, so yeah i don't think they can release a fire emblem game every year, and FE 16 is a console game so is going to be big.

1 hour ago, ElectiveToast said:

Then I already missed it. Nothing on Fire Emblem, I presume.

It hasn't happened yet.

– US Eastern: 6 PM
– US Western: 3 PM
– UK: 11 PM
– Europe: 12 AM

As I'm typing it will occur in just over four hours.