• July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
    • Delayed into 2019
    • May

Random thought, perhaps it'd be for the best if the game's release went like this.

At end of a Nintendo Direct:

"Hello, I'm X from Intelligent Systems, here to update you on the most recent installment of the Fire Emblem series. It releases tomorrow, you can preload it right now. Here is the title art from the game. I hope you enjoy playing the latest Fire Emblem experience. Goodbye." *Direct ends*

13 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Random thought, perhaps it'd be for the best if the game's release went like this.

At end of a Nintendo Direct:

"Hello, I'm X from Intelligent Systems, here to update you on the most recent installment of the Fire Emblem series. It releases tomorrow, you can preload it right now. Here is the title art from the game. I hope you enjoy playing the latest Fire Emblem experience. Goodbye." *Direct ends*

That's a poor business tactic. Trailers and livestreams are necessary to hype up the game and give the audience  an idea of what they're buying. 

19 minutes ago, ElectiveToast said:

That's a poor business tactic. Trailers and livestreams are necessary to hype up the game and give the audience  an idea of what they're buying. 

I know that. I was just liking to imagine the chaos such a release would have. Also, I personally don't want hype and expectations- it's a rollercoaster I don't want to ride.

39 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I know that. I was just liking to imagine the chaos such a release would have. Also, I personally don't want hype and expectations- it's a rollercoaster I don't want to ride.

Sorry, that roller coaster is what prints money for Nintendo. I think what many need to keep in mind is that a few hardcore fans of a video game series is not where the money is. Casuals won't buy a game just because it's Fire Emblem. They need an idea of what the game looks like. That's why trailers and livestreams exist. 

• 3 weeks later...