Superstitious Summoning Rituals?

Callisto

Do you do anything to try and 'increase your chances' of getting a 5 star whilst summoning? Turn your phone over while the animation plays? Pick certain orbs first? Only summon at certain times?

Personally, whenever I'm summoning, I place my Alm Amiibo on my phone while the animation plays. So far he's gotten me 6 different 5 stars.

I always close my eyes after I choose the orb and I try to summon after 12 pm where I live because I tend to have better chances that way.  I have mixed results.

I've noticed that my best luck comes from summoning the day a banner comes out, specifically during that same morning. I'll typically pull a 5-star unit every 30 orbs or so, whereas pulls outside of this timeframe tend to be much poorer in terms of orb efficiency.

Examples include:

Ninian on my second blue orb during her original banner.

Alm on my second red orb during his original banner.

Celica and a 5-star Tharja on the same pull during Celica's original banner, having spent around 60 orbs  

Three 5-star units from 70 orbs during Nohrian Summer.

Four 5-star units out of 160 orbs for the CYL banner.

I tend to have the volume on with no other sound coming from anything else. For a while I had a lot of luck on one specific cushion of a couch: examples include pulling Olwen on the first orb of the Cavalry banner she was on, getting two Summer Robins and a Tiki in one session with base pity rate (because the prior four sessions all had one 5-star in them anyway), and pulling my first Alm and Clair. However, after getting nothing from the cushion during Nohrian summer, I've been getting better luck with just pacing around the house while I summon. This "strategy" got me my first Reinhardt, my first Fir (she was from a while ago, but still from pacing), my first Roderick (from Threaten Defense) and a slew of wanted and long-awaited units from the Brave banner, including Brave Lucina, Brave Roy, my first 5-star (and first ever) Eirika, and my first +Atk (and first ever) Lilina. I normally skip the animation though, because I can't handle the disappointment after that kind of suspense, and waiting for it has rarely given me anything good anyway.

Luck is this thing that doesn't really exist and pulling results aren't influenced by anything we do. I don't look for patterns that would simply be mere coincidences. 

It's not a superstition of mine as it doesn't change the results but I like to not look at the screen when I'm pulling to just hear out the number of stars I'm getting before finally having a look. Gives me a cool amount of excitement to know I just got a five stars without knowing yet who it might be.

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Luck is this thing that doesn't really exist and pulling results aren't influenced by anything we do. I don't look for patterns that would simply be mere coincidences. 

It's not a superstition of mine as it doesn't change the results but I like to not look at the screen when I'm pulling to just hear out the number of stars I'm getting before finally having a look. Gives me a cool amount of excitement to know I just got a five stars without knowing yet who it might be.

While I agree, I think it's fun to make a bit of an event out of summoning. Makes it easier to distance myself from the results if they end up poorly, and makes it even more exciting when they end up great. Trying to find a consistent "lucky element" would just be disappointing and somewhat maddening after a while.

I keep the sound off because now i get stressed at the music if i get someone disappointing (despite the awesome music)

lately i try to do summons before a weekend, for easier SP grinding and i received more 5 stars this way strangely enough

i will also do last chance YOLO summons the day a banner ends. Got three units this way although they all ended up -Atk...maybe i should stop this lol

5 hours ago, Soul~! said:

I just tend to be patient with it, put on my headphones and actually take my time with it.

I do the exact same thing & then I get impatient & lose self control & start whaling & I STILL CAN'T BRAVE LUCINA!!!!

Oh yeah, this isn't really a "ritual," but if I'm going for multiple colors, I try to open them in alternating order. So, if there's three reds and two blues, and I want both, I'll start with the red, then go to blue, and so on, ending on red. Not really for adding any "luck," I just find it satisfying.

10 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

I feel I have the worst results when I try to establish a summoning pattern. So I'm always changing it up. Sometimes letting my brother summon for me.

Honestly, I also change it up a lot. Before it was my Alm Amiibo, it was my Celica Amiibo, and before it was Amiibo, it was something else. 

i dont usually do anything like that, but sometimes before they add a character i really like i play the game they were in a little sorta just to remember why i like them but also kinda for a weird sense of luck

i did that when they added the fe9 characters, although i think more for the former reason that time

i got none of them, and almost 5 months of summoning almost only greens later, after finishing that fe9 playthrough 2 or 3 days ago, I still don't have soren

so yeah I don't usually do anything but I did do that and it didn't help

13 minutes ago, unique said:

i dont usually do anything like that, but sometimes before they add a character i really like i play the game they were in a little sorta just to remember why i like them but also kinda for a weird sense of luck

i did that when they added the fe9 characters, although i think more for the former reason that time

i got none of them, and almost 5 months of summoning almost only greens later, after finishing that fe9 playthrough 2 or 3 days ago, I still don't have soren

so yeah I don't usually do anything but I did do that and it didn't help

I did something like that before the Sacred World banner. I played a lot with Tana on Sacred Stones before summoning hoping that somehow it would help me to summon her.

It didn't work :(:

Edited by Callisto
spelling

Whenever I summon, I get an insufferable feeling in the pit of my stomach as though I am about to vomit and an awful sense of dread because I know it's gonna be a flop.

Oh, wait, you meant voluntary things? Carry on then.

In all seriousness, I don't really deviate from much of anything, I just summon and hope for the best, I get what I get and sometimes its two 5* boeys when I wanted amelia. I hate this game.