I finally got the game! (Conquest)

wissenschaft

I beat ch 13. It was surprisingly easy. Nyx + Corrin attack stance for 100%  accuracy Nyx. Muahahahaha.  Between Nyx, Felicia, and armorslayer Corrin, those armor knights melted like hot wax. Wow, Felicia is a glass cannon nuke with the flame shurnken. Luckily, she has live to serve to easily heal herself up. My Corrin is suppose to be Magic boon but I got like 18 STR 9 MAG at level 17 (I think I fed Corrin too many kills lol). Man, even my level 3 Camilla has more magic (13). I suppose the good new is that Levin sword will still kill enemies as long as I can double and is still my best ranged option.

Also, why do people say Mozu is a bad character? Shes god like for me. lvl 16 archer with 15 STR 21 SPD SKILL 21 (+2 from skill). With Arthur as her pair up, shes consistently one shot mages, flyers, and can even ORKO knights. Your high defense means nothing! lol Am I just lucky with a blessed Mozu or is she often this great on Lunatic? I swear, the end game listing of chapters is going to have so many missions with Mozu + Arthur as my MVPs. lol 

Oh, and Charlette managed to get 2 good level ups (15 SPD) so I'm using her to murder people. Another glass cannon is fine, I seem to be doing most of my killing in the active phase anyway.

Oh, and I'm already calling it. Fates Conquest is my favorite FE game by far. I love it. The map design and enemy placement are where the difficulty is and not super inflated stats. Plus I love all the ways you have to buff your units with pair ups, tonics, skills, etc. Theres so many options which is an amazing change from the older FE games.

Next ch is Aqua's famous solo. Dark Aqua best Aqua.

Edited by wissenschaft

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you're magic screwed.  You start with 7 magic, and you should have around a 55% or 60% magic growth depending on you bane, so that you have less than 15 magic (which would be 50% growth) indicates a magic stat-screwed occurrence by random chance.  

13 minutes ago, astrophys said:

Well, you're magic screwed.  You start with 7 magic, and you should have around a 55% or 60% magic growth depending on you bane, so that you have less than 15 magic (which would be 50% growth) indicates a magic stat-screwed occurrence by random chance.  

Well, that sucks. At least I got plenty of STR. On the postive side, I can just use Nyx pair up and those dust items to fix up my magic. Even with 9 Magic and my high speed I should still ORKO enemies with low RES and thats all the Levin sword is really for, 1-2 range ORKOs. Its a nice build that works even if you do get magic screwed.

Edited by wissenschaft

2 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Oh, and Charlette managed to get 2 good level ups (15 SPD) so I'm using her to murder people. Another glass cannon is fine, I seem to be doing most of my killing in the active phase anyway.

Good luck working with her - you're gonna need it. Anyways, exactly what stats did she get on those level ups?

So I just discovered you can grind supports through castle battles, and people have easy siege castles with units that have no weapons equipped. Thank you so much. I never use Odin but I'm going to be getting Ophelia now after all. Sweet!

Corrin + Nyx = magical nuke 

Odin + Elise = a good mage in conquest?

Oh and I also got Effie + Arthur = the chosen one, I mean Percy. 

I'll save getting the kids till after ch 18 so I can use the seal to auto level them. 

Then again, I could marry Ophelia for an even better kanna......... Hmm, decisions...........

Or NilesXNyx for magical Nina. hmm.....

Edited by wissenschaft

3 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

I'll save getting the kids till after ch 18 so I can use the seal to auto level them. 

If I were you, I wouldn't do so, unless you want to suffer - some of the kids have paralogues that are flat out poorly designed for lategame.

6 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

Details, feel free to spoil me. I wish to know what Paralogues to watch out for.

Let's just say pretty much all of them except Dwyer's and Kana's. But the worst of them are Ignatius's (starts far away from where you start, and is defending a village that you can't let get destroyed or else you lose), Forrest's (once you start fighting, an enemy with Locktouch spawns and tries to kill him), Sophie's (she starts far away from your positiions, and what's worse, you have villagers that rush towards the enemy), and Nina's (if she escapes, you lose; also, you can't recruit her, so you'll have to defeat her).

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I got Felica's Plate. LOL, what luck. Maybe I should reclass Elise to maid, grind throught E rank shurikens, and then use an arms scroll so I can give her the flame shuriken and give Felica her weapon. I can't have enough debuffs. lol

Edited by wissenschaft

9 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

Details, feel free to spoil me. I wish to know what Paralogues to watch out for.

Kid paraloges are pretty easy overall if you have the tech for them.

Ignoring the ez pz shared kids...

Percy: Do this early and it's a snap later you just rush xander/sorc's north because everyone else just dies.

Nina: Simple map, use grounded units with lunge to get the loot if you do this later.

Opelia: You have vantage!Ophelia. GG.

Soliel: Use the rubble and drop killdie tanks at chokepoints if you do this late.

Iggy: Airdrop bro's to Iggy asap with shelterdanced birds. This map is pretty relaxed as most enemies come at you peicemeal.

Forrest: Sorc/xander rush, or just hit the zerker with entrap/freeze at his spawn.

Veloria: Dragon veins.

Seigbert: Grab him with birdxander and fly over a lake as vantage+life or death Ophelia walks in a circle. This map is worse than no-rescue ch 28.

Kana and Shigure are worthless in-game. Good exp grind paraloges though.

Edited by joshcja

22 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Kid paraloges are pretty easy overall if you have the tech for them.

Ignoring the ez pz shared kids...

Percy: Do this early and it's a snap later you just rush xander/sorc's north because everyone else just dies.

Nina: Simple map, use grounded units with lunge to get the loot if you do this later.

Opelia: You have vantage!Ophelia. GG.

Soliel: Use the rubble and drop killdie tanks at chokepoints if you do this late.

Iggy: Airdrop bro's to Iggy asap with shelterdanced birds. This map is pretty relaxed as most enemies come at you peicemeal.

Forrest: Sorc/xander rush, or just hit the zerker with entrap/freeze at his spawn.

Veloria: Dragon veins.

Seigbert: Grab him with birdxander and fly over a lake as vantage+life or death Ophelia walks in a circle. This map is worse than no-rescue ch 28.

Kana and Shigure are worthless in-game. Good exp grind paraloges though.

But why would you wait until lategame for Ignatius??? Because his paralogue is one that's luck-based to the extreme late (as his survival chances are very low what with crit chances from the ninjas and Poison Strike factored in). Hell, I think waiting for Offspring Seals is a huge mistake in general since it means having to work harder for something that doesn't justify it at all.

Iggy is not happening before ch18 without serious paralouge/MC grinding. This is either a flat waste of exp due to this games curve or strictly unpalattable to some folks. 

Iggy has a 100% chance of survival if you know this games movement tech.

9 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Iggy is not happening before ch18 without serious paralouge/MC grinding. This is either a flat waste of exp due to this games curve or strictly unpalattable to some folks. 

Iggy has a 100% chance of survival if you know this games movement tech.

Which I don't mind because his paralogue is poorly designed for lategame (have fun with a map where you can lose before you have a chance to make any actions to try to avert it!).

Eh, I'm not getting all the kids. So bye bye Iggy. Theres just some kids I need because I need some replacements for units that are lagging behind such as Salias (lvl 15 with 12 speed) and Nyx (lvl 15 and 14 spd? wtf?). My Nyx got to many 2 stat level ups. Much sad.

Edited by wissenschaft

Finished ch 15 so now my Corrins promoted. I went great knight for luna then I will reclass to Nohr Noble. Great Knight Corrin lvl 1 has 38 HP, 24 STR, 11 MAG, 18 skill, 21 SPD, 19 luck, 21 DEF, 7 RES. +2 Yato Bonus on top of that. Hes a tank and ch 12 I get another tank in Xander. lol except I can one shot kill anyone I can't ORKO. I'm suppose to be magic boon, how did I end up with STR boon growths? lol

level 15 Charlotte has 38 HP, 19 STR, 12 skill, 17 speed, 10 def, 2 res. She actually proced defense. lol. Anyway, glass cannon but I feed her kills with attack with OP royals.

I'm going to do something crazy. Now that I'm finally getting Xander for my second tank, I'm going to replace Salis with lvl 12 Peri. Shes horribly underleveled but that just means she can gain a lot of levels in ch 16. Dance dance dance, Azura.

Kind of odd that I like the characters people hate on, like Camilla and Peri. I just love Peri's crit quotes, KILLING TIME! I guess I just don't take the story seriously and just have fun with it.

Edited by wissenschaft

Well, I beat Ch 16. My Peri gained 5 levels in ch 16. LOL Shes level 17 -HP 28, STR 18, SPD 18, Def 12, RES 15. Her personal skill allows her to ORKO promoted units. Shes amazing. Might need to give her a robe to deal with her squishness but shes an amazing active turn killer. I should be able to promote her with just one more chapter. Shes crazy in so many ways. Wow, I'm surprised so many people say she sucks as a unit.

6 hours ago, joshcja said:

FYI: Peri's personal does not stack with rallies.

Yeah, I know. Thats ok, I'm not using any rallies yet anyway.

Corrins' Level 2 Great Knight seems like my first bad level up. HP+, Skill+, Luck+ So thats 20 levels of good to great level ups. Not bad. lol

I killed Shura, the boots were worth more than his life. lol Besides, I got a badass Mozu archer already.

Edited by wissenschaft

Oh god, I'm up to Ninja hell ch 17 on Lunatic. I didn't feel like spending my birthday struggling on that ch but I gave it a few quick tries to see how it is and damn. Its going to be a LONG mission. I think I'm just going to let Sazio die, screw the speedwing, its not worth the headache.

On Thursday, October 05, 2017 at 7:22 AM, wissenschaft said:

Oh god, I'm up to Ninja hell ch 17 on Lunatic. I didn't feel like spending my birthday struggling on that ch but I gave it a few quick tries to see how it is and damn. Its going to be a LONG mission. I think I'm just going to let Sazio die, screw the speedwing, its not worth the headache.

Boost mozu to 32 speed then have her shoot into the middle room on turn 2 and the map is won. You can stack +speed pairup, tonic, and dance for a free +11 speed so kinshizu should have no problem pulling this off with a lightforge iron bow and a str tonic. Plug the hole with Xander holding a +def pairup and a javalin (wyvern!xander is good), use poise/thorns/manly demosel and an hp tonic to ajust the damage to a survivable level. This is safe I swear.

With the middle dead and the trap at the northeastern exit to the starting area disabled saizo will always go north into the chest room and can be safely ignored.

Bring a freeze stave for when you fucker up on reinforcement triggers and the enfeeble stave+heartseeker for the boss. (This is something of a recuring theme)

Edit: forgot fancy footwork. +12 speed.

Edited by joshcja

Hmm, I feel like my units are underleveled. Too much switching units around in previous levels. On second thought, I should play some of the child paralogues to gain enough exp to promote some units. Should make the ninja map easier. I need some more 1-2 range, bow knight Selena would be good to have.

Edit: I read you can trap Saizo in the northern chest room with the dragon veins. Hmm, maybe I can get that speedwing after all.

Edited by wissenschaft

I just noticed how weird this run is. My Effie got str screwed. Think about that........... and my Magic boon Corrin got Magic screwed........My Niles is pretty STR screwed as well. My Salis got speed screwed. This is one hell of fail run. lol

Edited by wissenschaft

11 hours ago, wissenschaft said:

I just noticed how weird this run is. My Effie got str screwed. Think about that........... and my Magic boon Corrin got Magic screwed........My Niles is pretty STR screwed as well. My Salis got speed screwed. This is one hell of fail run. lol

Silias getting speed screwed is mostly irrelevant since he can A+ Kaze for a fast 1-2 class and pick up MN!kaze for instant doubling speed with no speed growths ever. Also sol mn with VoF/sisterhood+stack+actual stats is one of the games blender builds.

Effie wants to A+ mozu anyways for birdbow and speed, quick draw fixes and damage issues she may have.

Niles getting str screwed is also known as "using niles"

+Mag Corrin basicly has Odin growths (His personal growth total is actually higher, right behind Saizo and Mozu), so the variance is real outside of magic main classes.

Standard order is like kana+dwyer at 2nd shop or ch15 for big big exp to shift into lategame builds smoothly. Opehlia and Percy are also common early kids, not for exp so much as being named Percy and Ophelia.

Edited by joshcja

26 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Also sol mn with VoF/sisterhood+stack+actual stats is one of the games blender builds.

Sol, on a class with weak weapons... excuse me if I find this underwhelming, which I do.