In a gaming slump

That_Tj

I am just in the mood to do nothing regarding video games. I only have a 3ds and not a big library of games. I think that these facts might be the ones that pushed me toward the rut but i don't know how to get out of it. I wanted to see what others here on this forum have done to get out of their ruts. I have been suggested thought to maybe get another system and to start playing games on there but i would not know how to go about doing that, what games to play, or if that would help me out of this slump. If any one could give me tips or anything to help me out that would be awesome.

One way I find that I can get out of these kinds of ruts is to simply do something else for a time.  Read a book, watch a show, do something productive, or whatever else you can think of.  Anything but the thing you're burnt out on, because it'll only get worse.

Basically, you might want to take a break.

Funny. I think I find myself in the opposite "rut", in which I simply can't seem to do anything I want to do- namely, games. I have so, so many games I've yet to play, let alone actually start them in the first place.

26 minutes ago, That_Tj said:

@ronnie funny enough thought about getting a ps4 many times.

The PS4 has a pretty solid library. I don't know which games you enjoy, but you're bound to find something you like.

However, I wouldn't jump straight into Berseria. . .not before Zestiria.  Otherwise, there's some stuff that won't make sense.

PS4 - established library, with some very solid titles
Switch - promising upcoming games, including two FE ones

I've heard great things about Breath of the Wild, too.  I'm not sure which series you like better (Square stuff/Tales/western RPGs versus Nintendo exclusives), so use that to decide.

Finding some other interest is a good idea. Another would be to find some non-enjoyable work you could accomplish. Over the summer I had all the time in the world to clear my backlog of games. School has started up again, and now I just want to shirk the reading and writing and play games- having an antagonist force can make you appreciate things more.

Adding to what Eclipse said, the PS4 also has streaming services for YouTube and Netflix while the Switch, to my knowledge, doesn't.

I know my brother gets a lot of use of his PS4 in spite of having a relatively small library of games.

And this might sound like a no-brainer, but waiting until Black Friday/Cyber Monday/the holidays might not be a bad idea (unless you have problems with either for one reason or another), particularly for the PS4.  You can try that for the Switch, but you'll probably have to snipe an order because the theme of that console has been "high demand, low supply" for pretty much its entire lifespan.

If you want a system that'll pay off immediately and already has a good library, PS4.

If you want a system that has a promising, but currently passable, still pretty spotty library that can be played on the go, get a Switch.

However, remember that the Switch is just barely 6 months old, and has been attracting a lot of attention from developers, so it will likely get the library it needs before long. But that's still to be determined. As it stands now, you might get tired of the Switch quickly.

Edited by Slumber

If you are not wanting to play the video games you own, that either means A. You've played the s*** out of them and there is nothing left to experience or B. They simply aren't fun enough. Regardless, the easy solution is to play a game that sets the imagination on fire, like Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. Noo doubt, noooo doubt. Make sure you know what kinds of games you really like. If you don't, PM me. I am currently developing my own theory for different kinds of challenges in games, and I'm sure it won't explode in my face like an ill-advised science experiment. Good luck!

On 9/11/2017 at 2:32 PM, Zera said:

If you are not wanting to play the video games you own, that either means A. You've played the s*** out of them and there is nothing left to experience or B. They simply aren't fun enough. Regardless, the easy solution is to play a game that sets the imagination on fire, like Sin & Punishment: Star Successor. Noo doubt, noooo doubt. Make sure you know what kinds of games you really like. If you don't, PM me. I am currently developing my own theory for different kinds of challenges in games, and I'm sure it won't explode in my face like an ill-advised science experiment. Good luck!

Zera, you're still up to the same old thing that got you thrown out of the discord server that I run.

Anyhoo, if you're in a gaming rut like I was, why not watch some stuff on netflix or youtube. I marathoned the entirety of Enterprise when I didn't want to game anymore. You could also read some books, write some books, take up art or building models. The possibilities of things other than gaming are endless.