What do you think Warrior's DLC will be?

Jonahtron

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was initially under the impression that DLC packs would each center around a different game, but as others would noted that would only give us a mere taste of each new game compared to how much the main three games will have. I'm now in the "DLC will expand on FE 1/13/14" camp.

So I would do something like this:

• An expansion for Awakening that adds a few less-important Awakening characters, as well as new History Mode maps.
  • An expansion for Fates that adds Hidden Weapons to the game, and features Kaze (Ninja), Felicia (Maid), and Yukimura (Mechanist) as representatives to use said new weapon type. Also, new History Mode maps.
  • A joint expansion between Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, with one new FE 1 character and two new FE 3 characters, plus some costumes. Also, of course, new History Mode maps.
  • A joint expansion between Awakening and Fates that adds Odin/Owain (Sorceror), Selena/Severa (Bow Knight), and Laslow/Inigo (Hero) as playable characters, with History Mode maps based off of some of the interdimensional-lore-related DLC. Also a Caeldori costume for Cordelia, and similar for Gaius and Tharja if they get in.
  • A small expansion that adds a few fan-favorites from other games such as Roy, Ike, Lyn, Hector, ect., but no new maps.
  • A small, less-expensive expansion that adds a short new game mode similar to Hyrule Warriors' final DLC.

Of course, as long as the DLC is reasonably-priced and fun I don't really care what they add. I'll gobble it all down like a foie gras duck.

There will be three packs. A Tellius pack, an Elibe pack, and a Valentia pack. Magvel, sadly, only had one game which came out long ago... so I don't think it's likely. And as for Judgral, Judgral has like no chance to have a presence in this game (as the Judgral games are pretty much irrelevant to the majority of the fanbase until a remake comes out like Echoes did for Gaiden)

Edited by Dandee Leone

Azura, Garon, Mikoto and a Revelations History Mode pack

Owain, Severa, Laslow for a follow up Awakening Pack. A Future-past one could probably work, alongside maps based on the paralogues? Alternatively it could be a small pack paired with another? 

I'm not sure what characters to go with since it's kind of based on who in SD even gets in, but I think a pack based on FE3/12 would make sense as well.

Ike, Soren, Tellius Pack. An outlier? Yes. But come on!

From my perspective, I don't really see why I'd go for DLC without seeing something like the new Adventure Maps from HW. I already don't know or care for the cast at base, why would I expand with characters I'm only going to get less familiar with? Clarisse is the only exception I could think of.

...But I can also see the idea that just a taster of the old cast would be a tad shallow. How did we get into this mess in the first place...

7 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

From my perspective, I don't really see why I'd go for DLC without seeing something like the new Adventure Maps from HW. I already don't know or care for the cast at base, why would I expand with characters I'm only going to get less familiar with? Clarisse is the only exception I could think of.

...But I can also see the idea that just a taster of the old cast would be a tad shallow. How did we get into this mess in the first place...

I mean, if you don't care for the cast of characters from any of the base games than yeah, this game probably isn't for you, unless you're just really into warriors games. I'm of course as disappointed as anyone with the base cast, but I also understand their reasoning and like what I see enough to get the game day one.

4 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

I mean, if you don't care for the cast of characters from any of the base games than yeah, this game probably isn't for you, unless you're just really into warriors games. I'm of course as disappointed as anyone with the base cast, but I also understand their reasoning and like what I see enough to get the game day one.

I just don't like how, as a fan of Fire Emblem and someone who enjoyed and bought everything Hyrule Warriors had to offer, I'm not getting any hype whatsoever out of their union. I don't even like TP and and hadn't even seen SS at the time that released!

Of course, part of that is "I know what Warriors gameplay looks like, so I can form opinions of how the game is to play a Warriors newbie would not." And I wasn't really enthused enough about that part...

...Gods, it's time to give up hope, isn't it?

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I just don't like how, as a fan of Fire Emblem and someone who enjoyed and bought everything Hyrule Warriors had to offer, I'm not getting any hype whatsoever out of their union. I don't even like TP and and hadn't even seen SS at the time that released!

Of course, part of that is "I know what Warriors gameplay looks like, so I can form opinions of how the game is to play a Warriors newbie would not." And I wasn't really enthused enough about that part...

...Gods, it's time to give up hope, isn't it?

You're not enthused about the gameplay? I thought it looked pretty nice, and everything I've heard from people who played it was positive, but whatever. To each their own I guess. 

But yeah, if literally nothing about the game entices you, then yes, it's time to give up hope.

19 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

You're not enthused about the gameplay? I thought it looked pretty nice, and everything I've heard from people who played it was positive, but whatever. To each their own I guess. 

But yeah, if literally nothing about the game entices you, then yes, it's time to give up hope.

Gameplay wise, it looks like it'll be pretty close to Hyrule Warriors. It's the bells and whistles that changed that make me think 'eh... not for me', like the increased focus on Pikmin-like micromanagement (I like Pikmin, but I wouldn't trust the things to fight an enemy while I'm elsewhere unless they're literally immune to every attack the enemy has), the weapon triangle (and not for what it did to the roster), and even some things like the stats and weapons we're not clear on also don't quite sing to me. I invested hundreds of hours into Hyrule Warriors. If this game is going to compare, that sort of stuff is going to bother me.

The voice acted lines for minor achievements, too. That's going to bother me if I play for a single digit number of hours.

Overall, I'm hoping for Hyrule Warriors like implementation when it comes to DLC. More maps in the "history" mode, an expansion of the story, a villian set of playable characters (I know my girlfriend would chop off her left arm for a playable Validar), and plenty more of minor elements that can expand the game itself as Hyrule Warriors did. Higher level caps, more weapons and tiers, and overall a wide, wide world that seems like it'd be impossible to complete quickly. I'm still doing runs in the maps of Adventure Mode for HW so I can top tier every single character's weapons. I'd love for FE:W to have that same feeling of playability throughout their DLC line.

On 9/11/2017 at 2:50 PM, Anomalocaris said:

I was initially under the impression that DLC packs would each center around a different game, but as others would noted that would only give us a mere taste of each new game compared to how much the main three games will have. I'm now in the "DLC will expand on FE 1/13/14" camp.

So I would do something like this:

• An expansion for Awakening that adds a few less-important Awakening characters, as well as new History Mode maps.
  • An expansion for Fates that adds Hidden Weapons to the game, and features Kaze (Ninja), Felicia (Maid), and Yukimura (Mechanist) as representatives to use said new weapon type. Also, new History Mode maps.
  • A joint expansion between Shadow Dragon and Mystery of the Emblem, with one new FE 1 character and two new FE 3 characters, plus some costumes. Also, of course, new History Mode maps.
  • A joint expansion between Awakening and Fates that adds Odin/Owain (Sorceror), Selena/Severa (Bow Knight), and Laslow/Inigo (Hero) as playable characters, with History Mode maps based off of some of the interdimensional-lore-related DLC. Also a Caeldori costume for Cordelia, and similar for Gaius and Tharja if they get in.
  • A small expansion that adds a few fan-favorites from other games such as Roy, Ike, Lyn, Hector, ect., but no new maps.
  • A small, less-expensive expansion that adds a short new game mode similar to Hyrule Warriors' final DLC.

Of course, as long as the DLC is reasonably-priced and fun I don't really care what they add. I'll gobble it all down like a foie gras duck.

I would absolutely love that. Its pretty annoying as a huge fan of rogues and thieves to see a staple class of the series get shafted. Im low key hoping that a rogue of some type is still in, whether they wield daggers, swords, or maybe even a bow (Anna?).

Well, it will all depend if there will be a plethora of clones/semi-clones in this game. If not, then I'd like to see DLC packs that expand on the current 3 games so we can really get a good chunk of their rosters, including non-important characters.

However, what I would love is if there were a bunch of clones in the game based on default movesets. If this were the case, then here's what I'd want to see out of each pack.

• Each pack based on some region from FE Canon (Elibe, Renais, etc..)
  • Each pack includes 2-3 characters with original movesets.
  • Each pack includes 20-40 characters based on generic movesets.
  • Each pack includes a new history-mode campaign based on their respective games.
  • Each pack includes some new challenges in one or more of the other existing modes (story, coliseum, some sort of challenge mode we don't know about, etc..)

I added that last one because I'm worried that history campaigns won't be quite as expansive as adventure maps, so 2-3 extra levels in the story to play around with or some new challenges would help them add longevity to the game like adventure maps did.

On 9/12/2017 at 9:20 PM, phineas81707 said:

The voice acted lines for minor achievements, too. That's going to bother me if I play for a single digit number of hours.

Just to note, this likely isn't going anywhere, as it's pretty much a staple of Warriors games.  HW had it too, just the voice acting in there was limited to grunts, laughs and occasional words.  I don't know if there is an option to turn it off, as I've never seen one in WO3 or WAS, but I don't really mess with the settings in most games, so it could be there and I've never noticed.

On character orders, if it's anything like HWL, orders are less about telling the computer what to fight, and more giving you a way to be in multiple places at once.  You can send another PC over to the next objective while you finish the current one, then switch over immediately, saving travel time.  It also lets you cover certain allies by ordering a playable character to follow them, so that you can react quicker if they get into trouble.  I'd expect more rapid-fire objectives like HWL that don't give you time to run over, rather than the relatively slower pace of HW.

I'm going to assume the remaining characters are the boxart set, along with Tharja and Azura in similar situations to Navarre.

The Villains
Camus
Gangrel
Garon

Valm Pack
Virion
Cherche
Walhart

Archanea Pack
Merric
Minerva
Michalis

Archanea Pack 2
Katarina
Clarisse
Legion

Deeprealms Pack
Selena
Odin
Laslow

Lyn's Friends
Eliwood
Hector
Ninian

Celica's Friends
Alm
Faye
Berkut

Edited by RotomGuy

3 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

I'm going to assume the remaining characters are the boxart set, along with Tharja and Azura in similar situations to Navarre.

The Villains
Camus
Gangrel
Garon

Celica's Friends
Alm
Faye
Berkut

Is there a reason why you put Camus in the villain category & Berkut in Celica's friends when they never even met?

7 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Just to note, this likely isn't going anywhere, as it's pretty much a staple of Warriors games.  HW had it too, just the voice acting in there was limited to grunts, laughs and occasional words.  I don't know if there is an option to turn it off, as I've never seen one in WO3 or WAS, but I don't really mess with the settings in most games, so it could be there and I've never noticed.

I'm moreso complaining about how they have generic, repetitive voiced lines where Hyrule Warriors didn't even have grunts. Just the nice bell chimes.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

I'm moreso complaining about how they have generic, repetitive voiced lines where Hyrule Warriors didn't even have grunts. Just the nice bell chimes.

I remember hearing the fairy every time Link 'spoke' rather than just a chime, with a different tone depending on the situation.  It's been a bit since I played it though.  HW wasn't exactly voiced anyways, which is different for a Warriors game.

The chatter is pretty much a standard thing, as it does provide more than just praise for your minor accomplishments.  The voiced line provides warnings about allies in danger for those who can't or won't read the pop-up, for example.  It's not a 'new' thing for Warriors.

1 minute ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I remember hearing the fairy every time Link 'spoke' rather than just a chime, with a different tone depending on the situation.  It's been a bit since I played it though.  HW wasn't exactly voiced anyways, which is different for a Warriors game.

The chatter is pretty much a standard thing, as it does provide more than just praise for your minor accomplishments.  The voiced line provides warnings about allies in danger for those who can't or won't read the pop-up, for example.  It's not a 'new' thing for Warriors.

Those were grunts. I'm talking about the mission pop-ups, which if they will appear more frequently in this game... the characters are never going to shut up.

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Those were grunts. I'm talking about the mission pop-ups, which if they will appear more frequently in this game... the characters are never going to shut up.

Oh you're talking about Anna's chatter then.  I thought you were referring to the chatter from stuff like taking a fort or getting 1k kills.

The map announcer is new I think.  I'm not sure why they added that.  TBH I just tuned it out since I ignore most of the spoken chatter anyways and just read the pop-up really quick.

On 9/15/2017 at 10:59 PM, phineas81707 said:

I heard you could at least turn off the pauses, so maybe Anna's quips can be turned off as well.

4 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I heard you could at least turn off the pauses, so maybe Anna's quips can be turned off as well.

But have you heard the good news about our lord and savior the Profit Margin?

Edited by Escalario

i honestly don't know why people think/hope dlc to be themed on SD, awakening and fates when we already have the vanilla game to mainly represent those games: having even more characters from those games would be unnecessarily redundant, imo

i mean, it's since we got to know that this game would've represented only 3 games, and neither equally, that people try to calm down angry/pissed fans with the "older characters will be dlc" excuse, and that's exactly what i want dlc to be: older characters who are not popular enough (in IntSys' mind) to get into the vanilla game

btw, i never played HW, so i don't know how they handled dlc with that game, but these are my hopes and thoughts

i think dlc packs will include the frightening "parade of lords" members, but i hope they only have 1 sword character, 2 at most, and the rest to be other weapons

what i hope is that dlc are continent/game/storyline themed, so i hope for a general "jugdral pack", or a "holy knight's army" pack, with characters like sigurd, quan, levin and the barbecue king arvis brigid, and a "light inheritors" pack with seliph, febail, arthur and altena, or even a thracia pack with finn, leif, the almighty  P U G I wielder and linoan or seti (if levin isn't added first)

then i hope for an elibe pack with eliwood, hector, klein, roy and lilina

the magvel pack could be eirika, ephraim, lute, innes and lyon

and the last one (not in terms of release) would be the tellius pack, with ike (i still hope he'll be in the base game), micaiah, boyd, shinon and gatrie (i'd LOVE to see some laguz, but let's face it, they won't make it in)

what i think it's more likely to happen, is at least one "more awakening and fates" pack: i know a lot of people would love to see tharja and azura, and vaike would make me very happy, but if they haven't been added in the base game in first place, there must be a reason and the reason is that they want people to pay for them

Edited by Yexin

4 hours ago, Yexin said:

btw, i never played HW, so i don't know how they handled dlc with that game, but these are my hopes and thoughts

In Hyrule Warriors we had 3 initial packs (sold individually or as Season Pass (which came with Dark Link costume if bought), 4 costume packs, and 3 free DLC updates.

Ocarina of Time Costume Pack (Link & Zelda)

Twilight Princess Costume Pack (Link & Zelda)

Skyward Sword Costume Pack (Link & Zelda)

King of Evil Costume Pack (OoT & TP Ganondorf)

Update 1 - Playable Cia, Volga, and Wizzro (the game's OC villains)

amiibo Unlock - New Spinner Weapon for Link.

Master Quest - New Weapon for Link (Epona), new costumes for Cia & Lana, new Master Quest Adventure Map, new alt colours for characters unlockable (except DLC, includes Update 1 pack characters though).

Twilight Princess - New character Twili Midna (True Form Midna), Postman costume for Link, Ilia costume for Zelda (essentially almost playable Ilia), new Twilight Princess Adventure Map, new alt colours for characters unlockable (except DLC, includes Update 1 pack characters though).

Majora's Mask - New character Young Link/Fierce Diety, New character Tingle, OoT costumes for Sheik & Impa, Termina Adventure Map, Masked Costumes for Most Characters unlockable (except DLC & Link, includes Update 1 pack characters though), Fierce Diety costume for Link unlockable.

Boss Pack - New Playable Beast Ganondorf Mode, New Unlockable Giant Cucco Mode, Unlockable Boss Colours for Link, Zelda, Lana, & Cia, Cucco Colours Unlockable for Ganondorf.

Update 2 - Legends Announcement Gift Classic NES Costume for Link.

Update 3 - Free DLC Character Medli

Also packs released to download Legends characters & weapons into Wii U version.[/spoiler]

Then Legends released with its own Season Pass (which unlocked Ganondorf's Wind Waker robes costume) as well as individual packs, 1 update, and 1 unreleased outside of Japan costume. Legends itself included all previous DLC as unlockable content as well as brought in characters from Wind Waker (Toon Link, Tetra, King Daphnes), Skull Kid from Majora's Mask, and new OC Linkle. Ganondorf gained a new Trident Weapon.

Classic Link Costume - Only Released with Japanese Hyrule Gold Edition New Nintendo 3DS.

Update 1 - Free Medli DLC Character.

Master Quest Great Sea Pack - Master Quest Great Sea Adventure Map, New Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

Link's Awakening Pack - New Playable Character Marin, New Boots Weapon for Linkle, Koholint Island Adventure Map, Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks Pack - New Character Toon Zelda (Spirit Zelda), New Sand Rod Weapon for Toon Link, Phantom Sea Adventure Map, Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

Link Between Worlds Pack - New Character Ravio, New Character Yuga, Lorule Adventure Map, Unlockable Colours for Some Characters.

The Season Passes were fairly cheap.

With this as a template though, Hyrule Warriors added more content for Twilight Princess & kinda OoT & TP with the Epona weapon and then added content for OoT's direct sequel, Majora's Mask. Hyrule Warriors Legends was better at this, adding new content for Wind Waker and then as DLC adding new content for games not included or direct sequels to those already in the game (Free Medli DLC character & Phantom Hourglass map as the sole exceptions to that).

As such, DLC for Fire Emblem Warriors could go either route, adding more Awakening/Fates/Shadow Dragon, adding New Mystery of the Emblem content, or expanding into other games.

I do think that if Tharja isn't in the base game that she'll be a Free DLC Update character like Medli was.

Edited by Deva Ashera