What do you think Warrior's DLC will be?

Jonahtron

Normally I don't like talking about DLC before a game is even out yet, but with the past 4 fire emblem games having DLC and Hyrule warriors having DLC (I'm sure other warriors games have DLC too, but Hyrule Warriors is the only one I've played) DLC for this is all but confirmed. Plus, this is really the only way for some of my favorite characters to get in, so I want to speculate about it. I personally think we'll like;y see four waves of DlC (just like Hyrule warriors) possibly less but probably not more. These packs would include probably include some where from 1-4 characters, with also possibly a history mode map and/or maybe something for whatever the coliseum is. I think these packs would be:

Echoes pack: Most likely since the game was just released. Obviously they couldn't be in the base game, since these games were being developed at the same time. Obviously we'd get Alm and Celica, with maybe one other character from each rout. Or Berkut. He's pretty popular. If they wanted to go real crazy, they could split this into an Alm rout and Celica rout pack, with like 3 characters each, but that seems a bit much. Especially since the game didn't  do as good as Awakening or fates. AS for a map, they could just go with the final chapter, or maybe like the Rudolf map or the Greith map or something.

Elibe pack: Fe6 and/or fe7. Fe7 was the best selling game until awakening, and even now these games are still popular. There's a reason these games got into heroes. if it's a general Elibe pack, then we'd probably just get all the lords as characters, though that would be 3 sword users. Maybe the'd drop one for some fan favorite character? They could do that if it was just fe7, too, though Hector is pretty much a shoe in if it is. If it's just fe6, We could get just Roy. While I hate the kid, he has a fire sword, so he could be fun. They could also add Lillina and someone else, maybe Clarine or Echidna. as for a map, from fe7 they could go with cog of destiny, or victory of death, or maybe just the final chapter. In fe6 there's the Zephiel map, or maybe chapter 7.

Tellius pack: Probably the least likely, since these games sold like crap, put Ike did win the popularity poll, so maybe there's a chance. Characters could be Ike, Micaiah (If they pull from fe10), Titania, Soren, the Black Knight, or maybe some Laguz, like Ranulf or Tibarn. Probably not the Laguz though, since they would have to add a whole new weapon type. As for a map, Moment of Fate (if we get the black knight) is a strong possibility, or just the final map from either game. Maybe even the Greil Mercenaries fort? A really cool idea would be chapter 17 from fe9, though that may be a bit to big.

A pack with more Awakening/ fates/ maybe even (but probably not) shadow dragon characters: Not much to say here, as we don't even know who all will be in the base game, nor what maps will be there, but I just have the strangest feeling that Tharja might not be in the base game. I mean, it's weird that they had an Awakening trailer with her not in it, right? I'm also concerned that  Azura hasn't been announced yet, as I actually do like her, but She'll probably be in the base game. I don't know if this would focus on one game or all three, or just the 2 that aren't shadow dragon, but who knows. I don't really want this one to exist, but I just have the faintest inclination that it will.

Anyways, those are my predictions. What are yours? They don't have to be as detailed as mine, but still I'm curious as to what people think.  

Edited by Jonahtron

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see it going either way. On one hand, they could add lords from other games, but then, that's pretty predictable and several more swords, or they could save that for a sequel (which would hopefully just add to instead of getting a whole new roster) and go with more from the three selected games to get more obscure characters like Cherche, or, well, someone from SD.

22 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I can see other lords getting in. I think the most predictable ones would be Roy, Ike, and Alm/Celica. For other characters, maybe not unless they are really big fan-favorites.

I feel like they would want to add more than one character from each game they rep though. I'm pretty confident history mode maps will be dlc, and they probably need more than just the main lord for those to work.

If there's character DLC, I think it most likely going to still be SD, Awakening and Fates, for two reasons:

1. The dev interviews said they wanted a sequel for adding characters from other games.

2. The original HW Wii U DLC didn't add any new games to the represented games until the final pack added Majora's Mask (which could be thought of as an extension of Ocarina).  Legends added WW, and then DLC for Legends added Link's Awakening, LBW, and Spirit Tracks (which can be thought of as an extension of WW similar to MM and OoT).  If they follow a similar formula here, I don't think they're likely to add more than one or two games, and the first in line is likely stuff from FE3/FE12, due to its direct connection to FE1/FE11.  Gaiden/Echoes is probably also high on the list due to connections with Awakening.

Other than that, we'll probably get costumes, additional History Maps, and/or Coliseum fights.  The two extra modes we know about seem like the likeliest candidates for DLC to add to.

35 minutes ago, Jonahtron said:

I feel like they would want to add more than one character from each game they rep though. I'm pretty confident history mode maps will be dlc, and they probably need more than just the main lord for those to work.

YOU are pretty confident that there will be DLC History mode. I never said anything about more history maps. If it happens, I won't complain.

9 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

If there's character DLC, I think it most likely going to still be SD, Awakening and Fates, for two reasons:

1. The dev interviews said they wanted a sequel for adding characters from other games.

2. The original HW Wii U DLC didn't add any new games to the represented games until the final pack added Majora's Mask (which could be thought of as an extension of Ocarina).  Legends added WW, and then DLC for Legends added Link's Awakening, LBW, and Spirit Tracks (which can be thought of as an extension of WW similar to MM and OoT).  If they follow a similar formula here, I don't think they're likely to add more than one or two games, and the first in line is likely stuff from FE3/FE12, due to its direct connection to FE1/FE11.  Gaiden/Echoes is probably also high on the list due to connections with Awakening.

Other than that, we'll probably get costumes, additional History Maps, and/or Coliseum fights.  The two extra modes we know about seem like the likeliest candidates for DLC to add to.

I'm basing my thoughts more on legends than the original hyrule warriors. Fire emblem just has a lot more characters to do use than Zelda, plus this game doesn't have alt weapons, so more characters is kinda a given. We won't see much from other games, but they definitely won't just do more fe1/13/14. I would be interested in some fe12 dlc, though.

I expect at least Ike, Roy, Alm, and Celica since they have Amiibo. The only problem there is that three of these wield swords (Celica does too, but she could easily be a mage instead). They'd need some characters with other weapons to come with them to balance that out a bit more.

As for the sequel thing, there are LOTS of FE characters still out there to possibly add.

1 minute ago, Jonahtron said:

I'm basing my thoughts more on legends than the original hyrule warriors. Fire emblem just has a lot more characters to do use than Zelda, plus this game doesn't have alt weapons, so more characters is kinda a given. We won't see much from other games, but they definitely won't just do more fe1/13/14. I would be interested in some fe12 dlc, though.

'definitely won't just do more fe1/13/14' is not a guarantee, it's a very optimistic hope.  The interview I mentioned in my point 1 lends more to the fact that they aren't considering other games for this installment. 

DLC characters aren't common for KT's musou games (AFAIK HW was an exception, not the rule) because there is a lot of effort that needs to go into a new character/moveset.  I expect character DLC to expand the character selection within the games we have rather than adding new games, simply because saving other games for the sequel means they can add more characters from those games than they would be able to in DLC.  FE3/FE12 gets a slight pass due to how involved with SD it is, but the others are relatively independent.

This isn't to say I wouldn't like other games to get representation in DLC, but given the interviews, I don't see them being satisfied with just adding 1-2 characters from a 'repped' game as a DLC pack (not given what we've heard in interviews), and any more than that per pack might be more effort/budget than can be justified for DLC, unless we get lots of clones.

My predictions.

Reinforcements pack 1

Selena, Odin, Laslow

Reinforcements Pack 2

Cherche, Gaius, Oboro, Niles. 

Mystery of the Emblem Pack

Katarina, Michaelis, Roderick, Legion

Legends Pack 

Ike, Soren, Roy, Lilina. 1 History mode map from each game.

Echoes Pack

Alm, Celica, Saber, Lukas. 2 History Mode maps, Greith's Citadel and Zofia Castle.

Beasts and Dragons Pack

Nowi, Panne, Keaton, Kaden

History Mode Pack 1

Additonal maps for History Mode.

History Mode Pack 2

More maps for History Mode

Summer Scramble

Summer Scramble maps along with costumes. 

Not necessarily in this order, nor all,of these. Just the ones I think are within the realm of most likely.

Edited by Tolvir

I think it would be best if they did DLC related to the three games instead of adding from entirely different games, since we could get more potential roster variety. I could see a Shadow Dragon pack with some remake-exclusive characters if none are in the base game, and/or a New Mystery pack with Katarina, Clarisse, Legion, and probably Eremiya. Fates could get almost anything as DLC honestly, but the Awakening Trio or royal child characters have probably the best shot I think. If Tharja isn't in the base game, I could also see an Awakening pack with her, Henry, and whatever fitting villain(s) they don't include.

I fully expect that any additional characters added through DLC will still be constrained to Shadow Dragon, Awakening, and Fates. There are too many popular characters from these games that are absent, and trying to introduce an entire new game through DLC would only exacerbate the issues we face with the current three casts.

I could maybe see the most popular characters (i.e. Ike, Lyn, Roy, maybe Hector) getting in as a special exception, but otherwise the only 'new game' I could see being feasible to add is Mystery of the Emblem, since it shares most of its cast with Archanea anyway. It doesn't take a whole lot to get that addition online: assuming a vaguely competent base roster of Shadow Dragon characters, Emperor Hardin, Katarina, and some assortment of Sheena, Wolf, Legion, Clarisse, Nyna, or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named would do just fine.

You could maaaaaaybe squeeze in Gaiden and Thracia as well, since most casuals only know like 2-3 characters from them anyway (i.e. Alm and Celica, Leif and Reinhardt), but at that point it's barely even worth doing.

6 hours ago, Tolvir said:

My predictions.

Reinforcements pack 1

Selena, Odin, Laslow

Reinforcements Pack 2

Cherche, Gaius, Oboro, Niles. 

Mystery of the Emblem Pack

Katarina, Michaelis, Roderick, Legion

Legends Pack 

Ike, Soren, Roy, Lilina. 1 History mode map from each game.

Echoes Pack

Alm, Celica, Saber, Lukas. 2 History Mode maps, Greith's Citadel and Zofia Castle.

Beasts and Dragons Pack

Nowi, Panne, Keaton, Kaden

History Mode Pack 1

Additonal maps for History Mode.

History Mode Pack 2

More maps for History Mode

Summer Scramble

Summer Scramble maps along with costumes. 

Not necessarily in this order, nor all,of these. Just the ones I think are within the realm of most likely.

Oh no there's so going to be a summer one. Didn't even think of that.

6 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

'definitely won't just do more fe1/13/14' is not a guarantee, it's a very optimistic hope.  The interview I mentioned in my point 1 lends more to the fact that they aren't considering other games for this installment. 

DLC characters aren't common for KT's musou games (AFAIK HW was an exception, not the rule) because there is a lot of effort that needs to go into a new character/moveset.  I expect character DLC to expand the character selection within the games we have rather than adding new games, simply because saving other games for the sequel means they can add more characters from those games than they would be able to in DLC.  FE3/FE12 gets a slight pass due to how involved with SD it is, but the others are relatively independent.

This isn't to say I wouldn't like other games to get representation in DLC, but given the interviews, I don't see them being satisfied with just adding 1-2 characters from a 'repped' game as a DLC pack (not given what we've heard in interviews), and any more than that per pack might be more effort/budget than can be justified for DLC, unless we get lots of clones.

Really don't see why they  couldn't just add a couple characters from a game as dlc than just expand on that game if they make a sequel. But maybe I'm being too optimistic. Still, they added a bunch of games to hyrule warriors, so it's still possible.

11 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

I think whether or not they decide to put in new games, there's a chance we could see the New Mystery assassin gang. Can you imagine how amazing Legion would be to play? Clarisse and Katarina would be great too.

Eremiya would be interesting as well.

Reading this has been a rather pleasant surprise, I expected more people wanting older characters.

In my case, I hope they add more characters from SD, Awakening and Fates. They already said that a sequel with other games was possible, if the DLC are from those games there would be the characters from this game and the ones from the next, but what happens with the SD, Aakening and Fates cast then? As I see it, If they don't appear now, they won't appear latter, the DLC are the last hope for lots of popular characters, so using these spots on characters that will have have game latter seems a waste to me.

I expect the amiibo characters to be in the game in some way though.

7 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Reading this has been a rather pleasant surprise, I expected more people wanting older characters.

In my case, I hope they add more characters from SD, Awakening and Fates. They already said that a sequel with other games was possible, if the DLC are from those games there would be the characters from this game and the ones from the next, but what happens with the SD, Aakening and Fates cast then? As I see it, If they don't appear now, they won't appear latter, the DLC are the last hope for lots of popular characters, so using these spots on characters that will have have game latter seems a waste to me.

I expect the amiibo characters to be in the game in some way though.

I agree. I see no reason to not throw a few characters from other games in, but I think it should mostly stick to the three games. I did make an exception for Mystery of the Emblem though. I think doing a full pack for that game would be great, since it is a sequel to SD and kind of hard to make its own game by itself considering most of the cast is SD's (in terms of a warriors game).

Outside of that, an SoV DLC pack, and a pack for Ike and Roy, the rest should be the 3 games they chose.

Edited by Tolvir

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a 'Smash Pack' featuring the remaining characters that appear in Super Smash Bros. namely Roy, Ike, and Lyn (not playable, but she is an assist trophy in both Brawl and 3DS/Wii U).

If not in the base game, Tharja is practically a given..only question would be if she would be paid like Twili Midna or free like Medli.

I could equally see other games' characters as DLC or sticking to those three since they all have more great characters, like Setsuna, Oboro, Arthur and Soleil for Fates, Cherche, Sully, Panne, and Adult Tiki for Awakening, and I can't really choose yet for Shadow Dragon/Mystery of the Emblem.

Edited by Deva Ashera