Nintendo Direct Sept. 13th - Discussion and Reveals

Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I still consider them as big of a release mainly because it's Pokemon, the most popular and best selling game franchise ever, I believe.

That's a funny way of spelling Mario.  But whatever.  I get what you mean.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

That's a funny way of spelling Mario.  But whatever.  I get what you mean.

Excuse me, last I checked, Pokemon actually topped Mario in sales in more recent times.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Von Ithipathachai said:

I thought we were talking overall sales.

No, that wouldn't be fair since Mario came out long before Pokemon did.

@Tolvir Then why did you say originally that Odyssey and FE Warriors were the only big releases left?

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No, that wouldn't be fair since Mario came out long before Pokemon did.

@Tolvir Then why did you say originally that Odyssey and FE Warriors were the only big releases left?

For the Switch. There are other big releases, but as far as the Switch is concerned, FE Warriors and Odyssey are the next big two. Nintendo is really pushing that console, so those are huge for them right now. There arent exactly a lot of titles right now that are Nintendo IPs.

Edited by Tolvir

32 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

For the Switch. There are other big releases, but as far as the Switch is concerned, FE Warriors and Odyssey are the next big two. Nintendo is really pushing that console, so those are huge for them right now. There arent exactly a lot of titles right now that are Nintendo IPs.

Alright then, fair enough.

Wait. Has a port been confirmed? To be honest, I would like a new game better, but that's probably just me. I have seen enough ports.

Edited by Michelaar

7 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Wait. Has a port been confirmed? To be honest, I would like a new game better, but that's probably just me. I have seen enough ports.

No, but people think there will be one for some reason. Personally I gave up on that idea after E3 and would rather have a full new game than the Wii U version with extra bells and whistles, even if it wouldn't release any time soon.

2 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

No, but people think there will be one for some reason. Personally I gave up on that idea after E3 and would rather have a full new game than the Wii U version with extra bells and whistles, even if it wouldn't release any time soon.

Ah ok. Same.

I doubt we're gonna hear anything regarding a Smash port or FE Switch hence the text in the banner:

"...mainly focused on what's headed to the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS over the next few months."

We'll probably see FE Warriors and Pokemon news, but nothing regarding anything distant.

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

I doubt we're gonna hear anything regarding a Smash port or FE Switch hence the text in the banner:

"...mainly focused on what's headed to the Nintendo Switch and Nintendo 3DS over the next few months."

We'll probably see FE Warriors and Pokemon news, but nothing regarding anything distant.

It's never ONLY one thing or another as they say, though, they always pull some surprises. :P

23 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Unless my memory is more flawed than I'd like to admit, didn't IS state that Fire Emblem for the Switch is coming out this year? I mean, knowing Nintendo, it could have been delayed looking at you Zelda but that still doesn't entirely rule out the possibility.

2 minutes ago, Rex Glacies said:

Unless my memory is more flawed than I'd like to admit, didn't IS state that Fire Emblem for the Switch is coming out this year? I mean, knowing Nintendo, it could have been delayed looking at you Zelda but that still doesn't entirely rule out the possibility.

what if anything, they said FE Switch is 2018.  They said so in the Fire Emblem direct.

13 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

45 is a pretty good length. But there have been longer directs in the past, haven't there? If rarely.

The 4/1/2015 Direct was 48 minutes long, but only two others are 40 minutes or longer. The Japanese version of this Direct will apparently be 50 minutes long, which will be the longest yet.

Anyway, the games that have a realistic possibility of being shown are:

• Super Mario Odyssey (which we know about already)
  • Pokken Tournament DX
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Zelda DLC
  • Mario + Rabbids DLC
  • Samus Returns
  • Xenoblade 2
  • Pokémon US/UM
  • the unannounced Kirby 3DS game
  • Skyrim and other third-party/Indie stuff
  • Unannounced games

They could also show the Switch Kirby, Yoshi, and FE games but it's not particularly likely.

Edited by Lightchao42

I'm guessing this will be a lot about the games coming out in the holiday season.

FEW, BotW DLC, Mario Odyssey, Pokemon USUM, Xenoblade 2. Maybe a few announcements(Maybe some Switch ports/remasters for the holiday). Probably one last trailer for Samus Returns.

I'd be surprised if we saw/heard anything about FE: Switch proper.

Edited by Slumber

4 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Never said its a full re release, its something in between a re release and a sequel.

Remake? Reboot?

Anyway, Super Mario Odyssey news is what I'm really after, along with any DK-related news.

Things that can basically be assured:

USUM, XC2, BoTW, FE Musou, a new game (Possibly IP), 1-5 3rd party games, LA Noire port talk, and Kirby (Yoshi as well)

Things that are pointless guesses:

Project Octopath, Bravely Sword, a few 3ds games possibly, FFXV Port, and maybe a smash port if we get unlucky. 

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

The Japanese version of this Direct will apparently be 50 minutes long, which will be the longest yet.

What? That's not cool. Why do they get a longer one? I also don't remember any directs being different lengths for different regions in the past.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What? That's not cool. Why do they get a longer one? I also don't remember any directs being different lengths for different regions in the past.

It's always been like this because some games only come out in Japan and Europe.  So some of them get longer lengths than others because of different games being released in the same time frame.  It's always been the case.