Nintendo Direct Sept. 13th - Discussion and Reveals

Anacybele

Just now, kingddd said:

It's always been like this because some games only come out in Japan and Europe.  So some of them get longer lengths than others because of different games being released in the same time frame.  It's always been the case.

Oh, yeah, that's true.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I can see Fire Emblem Warriors getting some info. It is the only other big release for this year outside of Odyssey and Skyrim for Switch. Fire Emblem Switch on the other hand, that will probably be December or November at the earliest.

What about Xenoblade 2?

5 hours ago, Tolvir said:

That is the issue, no one really knows how to define this thing. Let me explain for a second.

Sequels are games that are a direct continuation of a story. Typically taking place in the future, whether directly after the main story or years after. For example Radiant Dawn as you mentioned is a sequel. It contains many of the same characters, but with a story that builds off of what Path of Radiance set up.

A re release or enhanced edition is a release of the game that enhances it. Fixes some of its issues, adds in new things to the game, typically fixes up graphics, etc. It does not, however, touch the story.

Pokemon Ultra Sun and Moon isnt doing either of those. Its obviously a rerelease of the game. Same engine, same pokemon, same mechanics, and some new content to throw around. But when you look at the story, it isnt continuing off of Sun and Moon's, so it rules out a sequel. It also is tampering with the story and changing it, which rules out a complete re release.

Its some odd thing caught in the middle of the two. Easiest way for me to describe it is re release, but some may call it a sequel. In reality, its neither, but there isnt exactly a term to describe what this is.

I'll be honest when I say I kinda agree with this, but at the same time I know they're completely different games. Let's look at an example, pokemon black/white and black/white 2, same console, engine, region and pokemon, two completely different games. Okay let's look at another series, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and New Mystery of the Emblem, both on the ds, same engine, mostly same characters, and same setting. Just because a game is similar to the one(s) before it, doesn't mean it's a re-release or enhanced version. Also just asking, how do we know about Ultra Sun/Moon's story when the games haven't been talked about that much and aren't released yet?

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm gonna watch this with 0 hopes or expectations. You only set yourself up for disappointment otherwise.

That only happens if you set your expectations too high. It seems, at least in this thread, everyone is having realistic expectations.

6 hours ago, Tolvir said:

For the Switch. There are other big releases, but as far as the Switch is concerned, FE Warriors and Odyssey are the next big two. Nintendo is really pushing that console, so those are huge for them right now. There arent exactly a lot of titles right now that are Nintendo IPs.

I'd argue Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is another big release for the Switch. Hell, i'd argue it's a bigger release than FE Warriors, given FE Warriors terrible PR.

8 hours ago, Thane said:

I know it might be hard to remember after the writing controversies, but the pre-Fates hype was incredible, in no small part due to the amazing trailers I'm sure. I'd love for that sort of enthusiasm on the forums again.

Same. And if IS sticks the non-gameplay landing this time, great! If not, do continue providing SF with your most splendid critiques.

2 hours ago, Kazuya said:

Things that are pointless guesses:

Project Octopath, Bravely Sword, a few 3ds games possibly, FFXV Port, and maybe a smash port if we get unlucky.

Why not call it Bravely Third? Having recently completed Bravely Second, I have to comment, even if B3 won't come out for years:

Spoiler

One, having Ringabel back, full playable presumably, will be very nice. Hopefully Edea will lose her food obsession BS overplayed and the "Mrgrgrgrgr!", while not turning into Ringabel's damsel either.

As for the other two PCs: I think Tiz and Agnes are done for good plot-wise, NPC status for them unless they really want to be nostalgic and have the BD team back in full. Introducing new characters could work- but they shouldn't overshadow Edea and Ringabel, nor come off as rushed in terms of their development. Yew and Magnolia could return, and I think this would work best; hopefully Yew could look suave like BS Tiz and Ringabel this time (and less gravy), and maybe just maybe Magnolia can get an actual personality.

On the timespace gimmick- we've gone through time traveling in BS and dimension hopping in BD, so what is left? If they can't find something new to do, they could just go overboard with time and space hopping- Ringabel is a Planeswarden now after all- he should have zero issues going to and fro the worlds.

On the subtitle gimmick, we had subtraction- Flying Fairy (which I find ironic since it involves dropping FF from the title), and addition- SEnd PLayer. The only answer that pops in my head is an anagram, but that isn't so clever if you ask me. Flipping a word or letters or inverting their meanings are other choices, but I don't know what they'll try.

On the final boss theme- we had a devilish figure in Ouroboros, a god in Providence, so what is left? Well between Heaven and Hell is the realm of humanity, so maybe the plot twist would be the final boss is us the player? Or rather a bad fictional human from the Celestial Realm pretending to be us/hijacking our body? Thus, we the player have to be rescued by the Bravely chars, a reverse on how we are the ones to bail out the PCs all the time. Although BS already did this with Yew sparing the player from the delete all data manipulation Providence tries.

On the Adventurer- now that the truth is revealed, what reason do they have to return? I do like them though.

On Asterisks-  what to drop so we can add new ones? Kaiser will be going for sure rejection denied, as will Yokai. As for what else to shed, I think we can ditch Monk, Pirate, Valkyrie, and Ranger- they're all terrible in BS and generally lacking in BD and can go unless they get major revisions. I like Charioteer's Triple and Quad Wields, but it too could kick the bucket, and maybe they can consolidate Astrologer and Time Mage like Summoner and Conjurer.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Why do they get a longer one?

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle isn't out in Japan yet, so those extra five minutes will probably be about that.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

That only happens if you set your expectations too high. It seems, at least in this thread, everyone is having realistic expectations.

I'd argue Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is another big release for the Switch. Hell, i'd argue it's a bigger release than FE Warriors, given FE Warriors terrible PR.

I thought Xenoblade was 2018?

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I thought Xenoblade was 2018?

Nope. Ever since E3, Nintendo has stated that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was on schedule for a Holiday 2017 release. And according to an interview with Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will have a worldwide release date.

Then there's a rumor that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will release December 15th. But that's just a rumor.

20 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Nope. Ever since E3, Nintendo has stated that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was on schedule for a Holiday 2017 release. And according to an interview with Monolith Soft, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will have a worldwide release date.

Then there's a rumor that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 will release December 15th. But that's just a rumor.

Ok, yeah. That would definitely be more important. Especially as a Holiday Release, that is a huge time for selling anything, let alone new game releases. I thought it was an early 2018 release, which is why I ruled it out.

7 hours ago, fuccboi said:

don't expect to see anything new, probably won't care much about it

they might sneak in an announcement but it's unlikely to be anything i care about personally

Unless it's a Direct dedicated to a single game, every Direct so far has revealed something new. Expecting nothing new is completely irrational.

I'm still hoping for Mario Maker Switch. I'm surprised it's taken so long for that to be announced.

33 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I think more info on the switch online service is reasonable to expect. And that may include a miiverse successor. I'm holding out hope for internet browser, Netflix, and similar apps. Bring them out, Nintendo. 

A Virtual Console sure would be nice. I want to fill that bad boy up with games like Mario 64 and older Fire Emblem titles.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

A Virtual Console sure would be nice. I want to fill that bad boy up with games like Mario 64 and older Fire Emblem titles.

They've got to sell those flash in the pan snes classics first. And there's a trademark or something for n64 classic as well. If virtual console launched, I imagine they would stick mainly with a nes  library, and that's not the blowout launch I was hoping for. I want vc for sure, but I bet Nintendo wants that free money even more

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same. And if IS sticks the non-gameplay landing this time, great! If not, do continue providing SF with your most splendid critiques.

Why not call it Bravely Third? Having recently completed Bravely Second, I have to comment, even if B3 won't come out for years:

Reveal hidden contents

One, having Ringabel back, full playable presumably, will be very nice. Hopefully Edea will lose her food obsession BS overplayed and the "Mrgrgrgrgr!", while not turning into Ringabel's damsel either.

As for the other two PCs: I think Tiz and Agnes are done for good plot-wise, NPC status for them unless they really want to be nostalgic and have the BD team back in full. Introducing new characters could work- but they shouldn't overshadow Edea and Ringabel, nor come off as rushed in terms of their development. Yew and Magnolia could return, and I think this would work best; hopefully Yew could look suave like BS Tiz and Ringabel this time (and less gravy), and maybe just maybe Magnolia can get an actual personality.

On the timespace gimmick- we've gone through time traveling in BS and dimension hopping in BD, so what is left? If they can't find something new to do, they could just go overboard with time and space hopping- Ringabel is a Planeswarden now after all- he should have zero issues going to and fro the worlds.

On the subtitle gimmick, we had subtraction- Flying Fairy (which I find ironic since it involves dropping FF from the title), and addition- SEnd PLayer. The only answer that pops in my head is an anagram, but that isn't so clever if you ask me. Flipping a word or letters or inverting their meanings are other choices, but I don't know what they'll try.

On the final boss theme- we had a devilish figure in Ouroboros, a god in Providence, so what is left? Well between Heaven and Hell is the realm of humanity, so maybe the plot twist would be the final boss is us the player? Or rather a bad fictional human from the Celestial Realm pretending to be us/hijacking our body? Thus, we the player have to be rescued by the Bravely chars, a reverse on how we are the ones to bail out the PCs all the time. Although BS already did this with Yew sparing the player from the delete all data manipulation Providence tries.

On the Adventurer- now that the truth is revealed, what reason do they have to return? I do like them though.

On Asterisks-  what to drop so we can add new ones? Kaiser will be going for sure rejection denied, as will Yokai. As for what else to shed, I think we can ditch Monk, Pirate, Valkyrie, and Ranger- they're all terrible in BS and generally lacking in BD and can go unless they get major revisions. I like Charioteer's Triple and Quad Wields, but it too could kick the bucket, and maybe they can consolidate Astrologer and Time Mage like Summoner and Conjurer.

Due to the ending, you know who, and hints given throughout BS, and Ringabel saying "Bravely Sword" at the end of the game, it's almost logical that the game will be called Bravely Sword. (Japanese version, he doesn't say it in the English version for some reason, If I am remembering the text correctly)

14 hours ago, Thane said:

Yeah, this would make Tellius accessible again! And I definitely want more FE fans to experience the excellence and amazement that is Ike and his games.

5 hours ago, Kazuya said:

he doesn't say it in the English version for some reason

He says its English name- the Sword of the Brave. It's more formal than "Bravely Sword", and "Bravely" goes fine with a verb like Default or Second, but not so much with a noun like Sword. Though SotB is wordy- "Brave Sword" would possibly have been a better translation. This said, it does downplay the Bravely nature of the sword in question. And now that I think about it, since Yew had a past encounter with the blade, a playable team of REMY makes the most sense.

18 hours ago, Thane said:

I mainly want VC for Switch so I can finally buy legit copies of FE1-6. (Bless Region Free Switch!)

4 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

He says its English name- the Sword of the Brave. It's more formal than "Bravely Sword", and "Bravely" goes fine with a verb like Default or Second, but not so much with a noun like Sword. Though SotB is wordy- "Brave Sword" would possibly have been a better translation. This said, it does downplay the Bravely nature of the sword in question. And now that I think about it, since Yew had a past encounter with the blade, a playable team of REMY makes the most sense.

Bravely Sword is a certain spoiler, but she is in BS(Bravely Second). The reason I say it'll be called that is because she IS the bravely sword. 

I'm really hoping for some news about Metroid Prime 4, FE 2018, and Kirby 2018, but I honestly doubt any of that will be showcased.

It'll be a crime if we don't get Warriors for some reason though.

1 hour ago, Vespinae said:

I'm really hoping for some news about Metroid Prime 4, FE 2018, and Kirby 2018, but I honestly doubt any of that will be showcased.

Of these three, Kirby Switch is actually plausible, since we've actually seen gameplay regarding it. We might hear something about FE Switch but don't count on it. As for Metroid Prime 4, i honestly think that's a 2019 game. We know it exists but it'll be a while before we see anything.

Kirby switch info is a maybe. It is still kirby's 25th anniversary, but they'll probably stick to announcing the third 3DS eshop game coming this year, that much should be a lock. 

Yoshi switch seemed farther along in development. The treehouse presentation at e3 showed co-op gameplay of a full level. But I also remember us calling wooly world "yarn yoshi" for like a year before we got that game's name and a release window, so we'll see if they're ready to tell us more about the game.

13 hours ago, Armagon said:

Of these three, Kirby Switch is actually plausible, since we've actually seen gameplay regarding it. We might hear something about FE Switch but don't count on it. As for Metroid Prime 4, i honestly think that's a 2019 game. We know it exists but it'll be a while before we see anything.

Wasn't it announced that Metroid Prime 4 was for 2018? Or did it just say it was in development?

28 minutes ago, Vespinae said:

Wasn't it announced that Metroid Prime 4 was for 2018? Or did it just say it was in development?

Literally all we got was just a logo and that it was in development. That's it.