New characters leaked

Timeman

Just now, KaSlider said:

I won't deny that it is really odd, but it could still be possible. And as much as I would love to see Ike in the game (I hope that he's at least DLC), I can see them choosing Lyn over him as she was the first lord that many fans in the west were introduced to and is also really popular. As for why not both it could be the same reasons I said before, lack of time or having enough sword users.

There'd be a lot of fan rage if these characters got in and Roy and Ike didn't though, I'm pretty certain.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm personally in the fake camp if only because of Celica's sprite, if it weren't for that I would find this believable. While I'm not an expert on whether this is an edited Fates Hero sprite or not but there's literally no good reason I can see for them to have changed it from her SoV one. Especially when every other character seems to have carried theirs over from their respective game. With this sprite it doesn't even look like she would have the same design as SoV. (Unless the twist is that it's NOT supposed to be Celica, I'm leaning towards this being fake.)

Edited by Solaris998

9 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Smash 3DS leaks (at least the Ganon one) had evidence pointing to it being real. This here is clearly a photoshop.

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if it's fake.

i am talking about ESBR one

also i am not saying ''HOLY SHIT ITS %100 REAL HYPE !!'' it CAN be real but you keep ignoring the fact.I am not going to be dissapointted if this is fake. We won't seeing them in release day but someday in future as a DLC we can (hopefully).

you can't be sure if its fake or real by looking a picture of a box. If you will keep ignoring this fact we will learn everything about it in 2 weeks

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

20 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

it CAN be real remember the Smash 3DS leak everyone said its fake because of Shulk. or it CAN be fake because amazon's Fates port

The 3DS leak doesn't prove that it could be real. There were two sources that confirmed the 3DS port, one who directly play-tested the game and one who got his information from a Nintendo employee. One piece of boxart that doesn't even have the amiibo logo doesn't really compare.

17 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

i am not saying its %100 real but i don't understand why you guys keep saying its %100 fake it CAN be real there is a percent its going to happen (low or not)

There was never any chance of this being real. Koei and co. already made it completely clear that there would be no non-SD/Awakening/Fates characters, at least in base FE Warriors.

7 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Smash 3DS leaks (at least the Ganon one) had evidence pointing to it being real. This here is clearly a photoshop.

You're only setting yourself up for disappointment if it's fake.

There were several legitimate Smash leaks, all of which had solid evidence beyond one piece of boxart. (It's also important to note that Sakurai himself revealed Ganondorf before he was officially announced, in a Tweet.)

4 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

I'm personally in the fake camp if only because of Celica's sprite, if it weren't for that I would find this believable. While I'm not an expert on whether this is an edited Fates Hero sprite or not but there's literally no good reason I can see for them to have changed it from her SoV one. Especially when every other character seems to have carried theirs over from their respective game. With this sprite it doesn't even look like she would have the same design as SoV. (Unless the twist is that it's NOT supposed to be Celica, I'm leaning towards this being fake.)

The fact that they bothered to give her a new sprite makes it more real to me. If I wanted to make a face box like this then I'd go with the most obvious choices which would have been just reusing her old sprite. 

Same thing with the Anna sprite.

As it turned out that this retailer is Spanish and I happen to live in Spain, I quickly went to order the game online and surprisingly didn't give me any trouble at all; it says I'll get it before October 21st. I'm more shocked about the fact that this retailer isn't that keen on videogames, having a relatively small section for them, while one of the most-known videogame retailers in Spain like GAME is hasn't shown anything yet.

So I'll be your personal journalist informing from Spain if something comes up with my order. My inner self though wants to just scream in joy if that female pegasus knight turns out to be Shiida/Caeda/Sheeda/whatever.

Also, I highly doubt that if the boxart is real, the final roster would only be composed by those characters. Wasn't it confirmed that at least one armor knight would appear in the game, or am I wrong? In that case, there's still room for more characters to be announced.

PS: Someone else thought that the supposed Anna sprite was Norne at first?

Edited by salobrenio

2 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

There was never any chance of this being real. Koei and co. already made it completely clear that there would be no non-SD/Awakening/Fates characters, at least in base FE Warriors.

well look at Hyrule Warriors the game started 3 games as well but final roster is pretty big so you cant be so sure about it.

2 minutes ago, salobrenio said:

As it turned out that this retailer is Spanish and I happen to live in Spain, I quickly went to order the game online and surprisingly didn't give me any trouble at all; it says I'll get it before October 21st. I'm more shocked about the fact that this retailer isn't that keen on videogames, having a relatively small section for them, while one of the most-known videogame retailers in Spain like GAME is hasn't shown anything yet.

So I'll be your personal journalist informing from Spain if something comes up with my order. My inner self though wants to just scream in joy if that female pegasus knight turns out to be Shiida/Caeda/Sheeda/whatever.

Also, I highly doubt that if the boxart is real, the final roster would only be composed by those characters. Wasn't it confirmed that at least one armor knight would appear in the game, or am I wrong? In that case, there's still room for more characters to be announced.

Can you call them and ask about where they got that image from? Just explain the whole issue to them, maybe they're willing to cooperate. I can't imagine why not

So for real, I definitely think this is fake, but I disagree with a few assertions here:

Celica's sprite - This is one of those oddities that actually would make me lean more toward it being real than fake. It would be so much easier and more believable to just use her Echoes sprite. Why would a faker go out of their way to make a unique sprite like this?

Actually, that's the only issue people have with it that I disagree with. It's also entirely possible, should this be real, that this isn't the entire roster. For example, it could just be the characters who are unlocked through story mode (with the extra Robin/Corrin for...some reason?), with side mode unlockables being left out. But still, too many things about it point to it probably being fake...though I'd be ecstatic if it were real.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Given that Ike has an amiibo, there's a high odd chance that he'll have a chance to get in. I just hope this thing is legit.

Yeah, I just hope that if he is in the base game, he's in the story if characters like Lyn, Celica, and Alm would get to be there. Otherwise, that's just very uncool.

Edited by Anacybele

6 minutes ago, Florete said:

So for real, I definitely think this is fake, but I disagree with a few assertions here:

Celica's sprite - This is one of those oddities that actually would make me lean more toward it being real than fake. It would be so much easier and more believable to just use her Echoes sprite. Why would a faker go out of their way to make a unique sprite like this?

Actually, that's the only issue people have with it that I disagree with. It's also entirely possible, should this be real, that this isn't the entire roster. For example, it could just be the characters who are unlocked through story mode (with the extra Robin/Corrin for...some reason?), with side mode unlockables being left out. But still, too many things about it point to it probably being fake...though I'd be ecstatic if it were real.

I don't think it's impossible they would've changed Celica's sprite, I just can't see the purpose in doing so. It is ah oddity but the sprite seems to imply a completely different design so why would they change the design/outfit when her remake just came out. They could do it, but why?

But yeah, other things point to it being not so real regardless

Edited by Solaris998

Pretty sure this is fake, but Celica's sprite being different than the one in echoes isn't really good justification. The sprites between awakening and echoes have really different styles in general, so a new sprite could have been made to match fates/awakening's style.

Lyn being in the game would make sense since she was by far the most popular female character in the poll, so the devs could have added her last minute.

What prevents me from believing this is real is how shadow Dragon has so few characters. Unless they do something like give Caeda whitewing skins, I don't see how they could justify this.

Edited by FoxyGrandpa

"Caeda" and Young Tiki are practically confirmed from my perspective, so seeing them is not surprising. It is Celica, Lyn, and to some extent, Anna, that give me pause on the legitimacy of this. 

I won't believe it until I see some actual confirmation and evidence. Now, if the Limited Edition boxart hinted at DLC characters (Celica, Lyn, Anna) or amiibo (Lyn, Anna - Celica already has an Echoes amiibo unless she also gets another one), then maybe this has some more basis behind it. Until then, I am not having my hopes up, [EDIT] even if everything else on the box is already confirmed. There is also the fact that I remember something about a Knight being playable, and I do not see a Knight on the boxart (unless they pull a Kellam).

In other news, I sincerely hope this does not mean that Shadow Dragon gets extremely screwed over in terms of representation. Marth, Caeda, and Young!Tiki alone is not enough. However, if the box art is accurate (It does have 25 characters, it fits in with the 25 character theory - this counts F!Robin and M!Corrin), then this may be the case.

Edited by Sire
Blue = Edited

what if this isn't celica but actually her descendant from 2,000 years in the future

she's from a different branch of the family than walhart, and she has the valentian falchion so that she can be a marth clone they can finally answer the question everyone's had since lucina was confirmed not to have it

Edited by Iridium

Never count this out.

This is a Koei decision than I've ever seen one

>Throwing in Celica without Alm
>Giving Lyn colored eyes like most royals that originally had colored eyes on their sprites back in Fates and the twins do. 
>Having Celica's low quality Echoes sprite match with the rest
>Lyn being in because like Celica they were forced in by IS similar to Lucina.
>Caeda and Tiki being there when they are shoe-ins

Plus there's likely to be a knight in the base roster and similar to the Robin and Lissa experience of them being accidentally confirmed it's not the complete roster.

1 hour ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

you can't be sure if its fake or real by looking a picture of a box.

You can, scrutinizing images is how most gaming-related hoaxes and fake leaks are exposed. Unless someone has access to some high-end editing software, it's pretty easy to tell if an image has been edited.

Speaking of, the sprite the fake box uses for Tiki is her Awakening adult sprite, not her Awakening young sprite; you can tell by the length of her hair. Unless they're going to throw a curveball and not have young Tiki in, that's just another point against it.

59 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

well look at Hyrule Warriors the game started 3 games as well but final roster is pretty big so you cant be so sure about it.

Unless I'm mistaken, Koei and Nintendo also never said "there will only be characters from these three games specifically in the base game," which is exactly what interviews have already confirmed regarding FE Warriors.

2 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Never count this out.

This is a Koei decision than I've ever seen one

>Throwing in Celica without Alm
>Giving Lyn colored eyes like most royals that originally had colored eyes on their sprites back in Fates and the twins do. 
>Having Celica's low quality Echoes sprite match with the rest
>Lyn being in because like Celica they were forced in by IS similar to Lucina.
>Caeda and Tiki being there when they are shoe-ins

Plus there's likely to be a knight in the base roster and similar to the Robin and Lissa experience of them being accidentally confirmed it's not the complete roster.

The fact there's no amiibo logo on the box kinda kills things already.