New characters leaked

Timeman

Just now, The DanMan said:

The fact there's no amiibo logo on the box kinda kills things already.

Maybe

But also

Celica's magic may be the main part of her moveset and her specials consist of a sword in similar fashion to Robin. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Never count this out.

This is a Koei decision than I've ever seen one

>Throwing in Celica without Alm
>Giving Lyn colored eyes like most royals that originally had colored eyes on their sprites back in Fates and the twins do. 
>Having Celica's low quality Echoes sprite match with the rest
>Lyn being in because like Celica they were forced in by IS similar to Lucina.
>Caeda and Tiki being there when they are shoe-ins

Plus there's likely to be a knight in the base roster and similar to the Robin and Lissa experience of them being accidentally confirmed it's not the complete roster.

Sorry, but I'm convinced this crap's fake. There's no amiibo logo on the box, which exposes it already.

3 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

Maybe

But also

Celica's magic may be the main part of her moveset and her specials consist of a sword in similar fashion to Robin. 

That's assuming it's real, which it almost certainly is not. We have multiple inconsistencies with the sprites, plain bizarre character choices that also go against what they've stood by, exactly one retailer using it, and stuff like the lack of the amiibo logo and the perspective being flipped from the earlier preview image of the LE. All together, this has crashed and burned.

Edited by The DanMan

Just now, Pizzaface said:

Can you explain your logic here? 

The game is confirmed to support amiibo. And the stuff TheDanMan pointed out doesn't help its case.

Yeah, something is way off.

First problem, only 3 SD characters when its one of the main 3 games?

Second issue, Celica and no Alm? Alm would be more likely than Celica. That and SoV was announced way after Warriors was already in production. Any SoV characters in Warriors outside of DLC is highly unlikely, unless its through Amiibos.

Lyn? Just Lyn out of no where? Why?

I dont doubt Anna, but she seems like she will be a hidden character that is unlocked later, not shown in base roster.

No Azura? No infantry lance units? No Armors? 2 of those were confirmed by Koei.

All in all this seems so fake to me. Something is off with the sprites, it doesnt look right. The box doesnt seem right either, its design makes no sense. Just too many questions for this.

EDIT: One more thing to add. Koei said themselves M!Corrin and F!Robin are not counted against roster total, so this doesnt fit the 25 roster. It counts them as such when they shouldnt.

Edited by Tolvir

3 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The game is confirmed to support amiibo. And the stuff TheDanMan pointed out doesn't help its case.

None of my Switch games have the Amiibo logo on the front of the box despite having Amiibo support. Maybe it's a region thing, 

2 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

None of my Switch games have the Amiibo logo on the front of the box despite having Amiibo support. Maybe it's a region thing, 

Where do you live? Anyways, I don't have a Switch yet, but either way, there's just too much wrong for me to not believe it's fake.

2 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I smell something fishy here, my money is on this is fake.  If this is real and Lyn is in but not Minerva I am going to be very mad.  

Wait, why? Minerva's only reason to be in the game is to give Shadow Dragon some more character slots as she's one of the more memorable characters in ultimately, a very unmemorable cast. The only reason Lyn doesn't make sense is because they said they're focusing on the three identified games.

Didn't Nintendo said to use popularity polls as an incentive for some of the roster selection?

The rosters that were used was the Nintendo Dream one were Ike Ranked NUMBER 1. As well as the fates and awakening ones.

CYL from Heroes was not used for the selection of characters, this game was in development long before that.

Why would Koei or even Nintendo push for Lyn and NOT Ike?

Need I mention the highest ranking character from Shadow Dragon on the Nintendo Dream aside from Marth and Tiki was.... Ogma.

Gaius and Tharja missing from the awakening roster is strange nonetheless. But at least Ogma has the decency to have important moments in the story, especially in Book 2. He is a perfect rep for Shadow Dragon as a sword AND AXE infantry since he can go Hero.

Chrom can use lances and Lucina bows? what stops Ogma from using Axe?.

I refuse to believe the ratio is this ridiculously disproportionate on the male/women ratio when the series has actually been doing a pretty good job at catering both genders.

Lyn with would be cool but no Ike really seals it. This HAS to be fake.

3 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

what stops Ogma from using Axe?.

Two of the four games in which he is present, as well as more generally his first class. You might as well give Wrys an axe too, since he can use one in the same games Ogma does, and also has that option in Cipher. Plus you can make him a Lissa clone! Win-win!

16 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

EDIT: One more thing to add. Koei said themselves M!Corrin and F!Robin are not counted against roster total, so this doesnt fit the 25 roster. It counts them as such when they shouldnt.

Striiiiiictly speaking I don't think we've ever actually had a "25 roster" confirmed. Just 25 cards. For all we know, there's no inherent reason this can't include the alternate avatars, even if they're not getting their own slots.

I can't say I believe this given the circumstances, but my faith in the game is so low that it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being true anyway.

Just now, Iridium said:

Two of the four games in which he is present, as well as more generally his first class. You might as well give Wrys an axe too, since he can use one in the same games Ogma does, and also has that option in Cipher. Plus you can make him a Lissa clone! Win-win!

Lissa is in her default outfit using an axe...

22 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

Wait, why? Minerva's only reason to be in the game is to give Shadow Dragon some more character slots as she's one of the more memorable characters in ultimately, a very unmemorable cast. The only reason Lyn doesn't make sense is because they said they're focusing on the three identified games.

The reason why I will be mad is because it was stated by IS that SD, Awakening and Fates were the three games that would be in the main game and that was it.  This "leak" is saying that only three SD characters will be in the game Marth, Tiki and Ceada, if that is true I will be very mad because SD should get the same number of reps as Awakening and Fates. 

Edited by EricaofRenais

Just now, Saint_Stahn said:

Lissa is in her default outfit using an axe...

That's kind of what I'm getting at here: there's actually a precedent for giving Wrys an axe, because he's in a somewhat similar position to Lissa. The idea of giving him an axe is a meme in Japan, and Cipher has canonized it somewhat by making him an Axe Hero in a promotional card. The fact that he would be an easy clone makes him a comparatively simple addition. He avoids falling into the archetype-defining pitfalls that Ogma falls into because he usually gets dropped for someone else, so it's okay to play around with him a bit.

In Ogma's case, he has exclusively been portrayed as a sword user. He is literally the sword user upon which a good chunk of other sword users in the franchise are based, and since most people use him he's actually very memorable. Making him an axe user for the sake of weapon diversity would be equivalent to having Ike wield Urvan by default; it is a superficially good and reasonable idea, but it is very stupid.

1 minute ago, Iridium said:

That's kind of what I'm getting at here: there's actually a precedent for giving Wrys an axe, because he's in a somewhat similar position to Lissa. The idea of giving him an axe is a meme in Japan, and Cipher has canonized it somewhat by making him an Axe Hero in a promotional card. The fact that he would be an easy clone makes him a comparatively simple addition. He avoids falling into the archetype-defining pitfalls that Ogma falls into because he usually gets dropped for someone else, so it's okay to play around with him a bit.

In Ogma's case, he has exclusively been portrayed as a sword user. He is literally the sword user upon which a good chunk of other sword users in the franchise are based, and since most people use him he's actually very memorable. Making him an axe user for the sake of weapon diversity would be equivalent to having Ike wield Urvan by default; it is a superficially good and reasonable idea, but it is very stupid.

I didn't say make him an axe by default, he can start with his sword but then later have axes upon promotion. Wasn't that a thing? unless im wrong. I thought Chrom could use Lances later and so fort.

Playable wrys with an axe would be hype. no joke.

18 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Striiiiiictly speaking I don't think we've ever actually had a "25 roster" confirmed. Just 25 cards. For all we know, there's no inherent reason this can't include the alternate avatars, even if they're not getting their own slots.

I can't say I believe this given the circumstances, but my faith in the game is so low that it wouldn't surprise me if it ended up being true anyway.

Ive been just using it as an at the very least type of thing. I dont see it as the final number, especially when we have Villains and possible secret characters in the game. Im thinking more around 30 as a final number for base roster, 1 Villain for each game, Anna, and an OC villain.

Celica is going to be in, huh?

My interest in this game has been kind of low due to the majority of the cast so far being Awakening and Fates characters. I don't have anything against the characters, I just wish this game had gone the Dragon Quest Heroes route by having characters from multiple games represented.

Getting more and more into the series however, my mindset is changing and I'm getting interested. Still wish there was more representation from older games though.

12 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

The reason why I will be mad is because it was stated by IS that SD, Awakening and Fates were the three games that would be in the main game and that was it.  This "leak" is saying that only three SD characters will be in the game Marth, Tiki and Ceada, if that is true I will be very mad because SD should get the same number of reps as Awakening and Fates. 

The leak, as far as I'm concerned, is fake, but if you think that SD should get the same number of characters that Awakening and Fates do, you're setting yourself up for disappointment - the developers said there was going to be uneven representation IIRC.

5 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

All these people saying it's fake cuz Alm and Ike aren't on the box and no one mentions Roy...

smh.

You do realize that there's just too much wrong with that for it to be anything other than fake?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

9 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

All these people saying it's fake cuz Alm and Ike aren't on the box and no one mentions Roy...

smh.

I already mentioned Roy on the first page though...

Not to mention that if there was going to be any non-SD/Awakening/Fates characters, it would probably wouldn't be Lyn and Celica over Roy and Ike.

I know SD will most probably not have as many reps as the 3DS games but there are some SD units who should get in such as Minerva, Merric and Linde since Warriors needs more mages anyway.

19 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I would like this too (especially Minerva or Linde), but I'd be surprised if there's anyone more than Marth, Tiki and Caeda. Even Caeda I wouldn't be surprised to see shafted since she's one of the series most forgettable heroines. 

14 minutes ago, The Unlikely Knight said:

Celica is going to be in, huh?

My interest in this game has been kind of low due to the majority of the cast so far being Awakening and Fates characters. I don't have anything against the characters, I just wish this game had gone the Dragon Quest Heroes route by having characters from multiple games represented.

Getting more and more into the series however, my mindset is changing and I'm getting interested. Still wish there was more representation from older games though.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that's an obvious photoshop - that sprite looks more like a female Hero from Fates. If Celica was going to get in, I'd expect it to be as DLC.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia