New characters leaked

Timeman

12 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

But where is the image from then? If we could find a posts that includes it and dates back further than the reports of the leaks then it would be confirmed fake, but reverse image search didn't give me anything.

Assuming said image hasn't been scrubbed off the face of the internet (Google isn't omnipotent, after all) to the best of whomever made it's ability, my first guess would be the Spanish FE community.

Just now, Pizzaface said:

The thing is nobody knows for sure if it's fake or not. If Nintendo got it deleted then they would pretty much confirm it's real, right? So wouldn't it be better to keep people guessing until they reveal the truth? 

Since I have yet to see a satisfactory response to this, what aside from it being used by a retailer points to it being real?

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Speaking of that I have yet to see it posted here so:

image.jpg

And I'm with you on it being more credible than the other. It gives Shadow Dragon a solid six characters, and the characters themselves are respectable picks. On the other hand, it seems suspicious to me that they would reveal all those characters tomorrow when they only just released the Japanese trailers for the Awakening and Fates squads. If anything I would expect they would share the recent details given in Japan and save the SD squad for the week-before event. This also seems like a whole lot for one entry on a 45-minute Direct being shared with several other games. It may also be a halfway, where the characters are accurate but them being revealed now is false.

wait is this new ? i didnt see this one on the internet but looks pretty fake for me (unless he/she is someone important or guessed previous leaks)

Just now, FiyaaEmburem said:

wait is this new ? i didnt see this one on the internet but looks pretty fake for me (unless he/she is someone important or guessed previous leaks)

It's an anonymous 4chan leak. It could very easily go either way.

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The lack of armor units stands out but I don't think low or no reprisentation for that class would be that weird either.

Because who would they pick? Kellam and Kjelle arent very popular and while not disliked Benny's hardly a fan favorite either. This leaves Draug who doesn't have much substance to him either.

What about Effie?

5 hours ago, DIO said:

I just got power back so haven't looked into this (or the thread), but has anyone hazard the guess that IF this is real, it could very well NOT be the final roster? that there could still be characters that are in the game that are meant to be a surprise?

A few people have indeed pointed this possibility out, myself included.

1 hour ago, Dandee Leone said:

For those of you who believe the leak is real, have you NOT seen this yet? This is the official Special Edition of FEW in Europe as posted on their website, and it has an amiibo logo. The "leak" does not. It is completely fake. 

A ton of people have already pointed this out.

17 minutes ago, AzureSen said:

Since I have yet to see a satisfactory response to this, what aside from it being used by a retailer points to it being real?

If it's fake then it's incredibly well done. I'd like to see someone recreate it, because I sure as hell ain't able to. There are also some odd character choices. You'd think that someone who would make a fake leak would go with the most obvious choices to make it seem more realistic (Like having Tharja and Azura on it) There's also the new Anna sprite that matches the one shown in one of the recent screenshots, but with a bow. Nothing too big though

The store thing is the main thing that makes this seem credible, while I haven't really seen anything solid that would speak against its authenticity. 

By the way, I'm trying to contact the store now, maybe I can get something helpful out of that. I can't speak Spanish though, so I'm not expecting too much of it.

4 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

By the way, I'm trying to contact the store now, maybe I can get something helpful out of that. I can't speak Spanish though, so I'm not expecting too much of it.

i considered contacting to store but i don't know Spanish and using Google Translate would be rude. If you can ask someone's help

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

4 minutes ago, Pizzaface said:

If it's fake then it's incredibly well done. I'd like to see someone recreate it, because I sure as hell ain't able to. There are also some odd character choices. You'd think that someone who would make a fake leak would go with the most obvious choices to make it seem more realistic (Like having Tharja and Azura on it) There's also the new Anna sprite that matches the one shown in one of the recent screenshots, but with a bow. Nothing too big though

The store thing is the main thing that makes this seem credible, while I haven't really seen anything solid that would speak against its authenticity. 

I wish you luck with that. honestly you're doing a good job of convincing me right now, I'm opening up more to it being plausible.

3 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

i considered contacting to store but i don't know Spanish and using Google Translate would be rude. If you can ask someone's help

Don't care about ask.

I'm from Spain and I know if you'd ask the people is almost sure that they would answer you that they don't know. There is a plenty of incompetents in the sector, in this country XD.

That 4chan leak is beautiful, and I'd be very happy if those are the SD characters. Obviously, no Xane, but hey ho.

I dunno guys. It might be real, but I just don't want to trust it. The Smash leaks have caused me to take any leak with a grain of salt - do you all remember that Rayman leak? It looked so real, but it was just a prank.

The main reason I believe it to be fake is due to Celica and Lyn. They said they didn't want too many swords, but both of them use swords? Yes, Celica has magic and Lyn can have bows, but...Celica will probably play extremely similar to Robin, and Lyn will be very similar to Ryoma. You could argue that clones = easier to implement, but...why? If they really wanted characters from outside of the main trio, why not Hector, who uses axes? Or Ephraim who uses lances?

I just don't understand what Koei is trying to do...

If it's real, then yeah, Celica and Lyn, not my first picks - I'd rather have Eliwood or Roy, though Celica is a very good choice - but a lot of people like them, that's great. But...SD only gets three representatives. THREE. That was the game I was looking forward to seeing characters from...

If it's fake, then yay! More SD characters.

I guess we'll find out during the direct or TGS.

1 minute ago, Lau said:

I just don't understand what Koei is trying to do...

According to an interview, KT has little choice in terms of the roster, considering they gave their list to Nintendo which almost resulted in a complete change according to them.

I'm sorry for the late reply, but I don't think that contacting would give any answers. The purpose of the contact phone is mainly to give out complaints about a product, ask for availability and such; I highly doubt they would care to give an answer about the image of a game they're using. They don't give this kind of stuff the importance we give it, so calling them for such a thing may make them hang the call right away or something like that.

Either way, since I live close to one of these centres, I could give it tomorrow a visit and ask in the videogame section. I'll be busy at university most of the day so bear with me.

Nice to see another Spanish fella here, by the way!

Just now, Jedi said:

According to an interview, KT has little choice in terms of the roster, considering they gave their list to Nintendo which almost resulted in a complete change according to them.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that.

It just sucks because I love the SD cast...

4 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I don't remember that from interviews.  I remember them saying KT presented a roster, and Nintendo made suggestions.  I don't remember anything about Nintendo's suggestions completely changing the roster.  The closest I can think of is from what we learned about Lucina, where the devs said they reconsidered similar characters appearing due to differences in stance (as in, fighting stances).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

5 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Where did it say complete changes? I read it as they asked them to add some, never take away. I think you're letting your prejudice get the best of you.

Well, we will find out tomorrow as far as that 4chan one goes. Again, I have some issues with it, given we have no armors and no infantry lancers, but as others said these might not be our final roster. Hidden or unannounced characters isn't out of the question. 

My only issue is the 4chan one says nothing about villains, which I can't see them excluding. Maybe they are in the hidden characters that might be there, but Hyrule released them later as free dlc. So who knows. 

It will be odd if Azura doesn't make it though. Given how connected to the story of Fates she was, it would be weird to decide to just leave her out. Especially since we have no dancers and no infantry lancers, which she fills both of those slots.

Edited by Tolvir

As far as the leak being true goes (which I am still not convinced of), this would be KTs dumbest move. Sure, crushing everyones hopes and dreams with the "too many swords" argument of limiting the cast to three base games was clumsily done, but at least it came early enough in the marketing cycle so people couldn't get too hyped for their favourite Lord (which they still did admittedly). After all this time, revealing themselves as liars and putting in 2 Lords outside of Fates/Awakening/SD anyway would be.. I don't want to be on any FE forum when the news hit. People would be crying foul over Lyn and Celica getting in over Ike/Roy/Hector etc.. "Why them and not others?" would be their rallying cry, and KT would have lost all credibility with no way of saving face. So yeah, really hoping this isn't real even though I have nothing against Lyn and would like playing as Celica.

I only saw this right now, but it's very weird that a Spanish store had a picture of the French edition of the game... I understand that it's the European edition but local languages still change on the box. And "Edition limitée" is French, not Spanish...

5 minutes ago, FuranSuwa said:

I only saw this right now, but it's very weird that a Spanish store had a picture of the French edition of the game... I understand that it's the European edition but local languages still change on the box. And "Edition limitée" is French, not Spanish...

Is not the French edition. Spanish Shadows of Valentia Special Edition also has English and French in the box art (I know because I have it and I'm Spanish). This is strange knowing that in America are Spanish box arts, but... some weird politics coming from Nintendo.

16 minutes ago, Nanima said:

As far as the leak being true goes (which I am still not convinced of), this would be KTs dumbest move. Sure, crushing everyones hopes and dreams with the "too many swords" argument of limiting the cast to three base games was clumsily done, but at least it came early enough in the marketing cycle so people couldn't get too hyped for their favourite Lord (which they still did admittedly). After all this time, revealing themselves as liars and putting in 2 Lords outside of Fates/Awakening/SD anyway would be.. I don't want to be on any FE forum when the news hit. People would be crying foul over Lyn and Celica getting in over Ike/Roy/Hector etc.. "Why them and not others?" would be their rallying cry, and KT would have lost all credibility with no way of saving face. So yeah, really hoping this isn't real even though I have nothing against Lyn and would like playing as Celica.

I and many others didn't put any stock in it for good reason, but they technically never said it would be only SD/Awakening/Fates, just that it was going to focus on those three. It wouldn't be lying if they did decide to include a few characters from other games.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Nintendo wastes time and money all the time. They've gained quite the reputation in the past twenty years of not actually knowing their audience.

When Amazon updated Smash 4 Wii U's product description too early and ended up spoiling things like 8 player Smash, Smash Tour, and the updated Stage creator... nothing happened. It was reasonably close to the Direct, so I guess they didn't consider it worth trying to get removed.
...Take that as you will in regards to this.

45 minutes ago, Jedi said:

There was no "complete change"; Koei presented their roster and Nintendo/IS made "some changes", with a couple specific requests (which Lucina has been outed as).

22 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Basically this. It would utterly sink what credibility they have left, and it's not like they're going to be able to outright say "Nintendo/IS screwed around" any time soon. It would be an even bigger shit storm on all sides.

Edited by The DanMan

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I and many others didn't put any stock in it for good reason, but they technically never said it would be only SD/Awakening/Fates, just that it was going to focus on those three. It wouldn't be lying if they did decide to include a few characters from other games.

Before this leak, almost no one was really questioning that the main game would be limited to SD/Awakening/Fates, with most hoping for an expansion through dlc. KT now revealing outsiders after all would reignite many people's fury over their favourite being excluded, and KT retreating to a "Well, technically we never said only" wordgame wouldn't help their case.

4 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Fake or not, I just want Caeda confirmed so we can finally learn the "correct" pronunciation of her English name. 

Watch us all get thrown for a loop and them go "Kyeduh" for that faithful Latin pronunciation (Caelum is Latin for sky/heaven).