New characters leaked

Timeman

11 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Is it just me or the characters that aren't made by Kozaki feel kinda out of place? Like, they tried to simulate his style but didn't get it completely right. 

I can see that. Considering the only "official" art for SD characters were from a game that is 20 years old, a game with rather ugly graphics and portraits, or Heroes, they probably did.

Lyn looked fine though.

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I can see that. Considering the only "official" art for SD characters were from a game that is 20 years old, a game with rather ugly graphics and portraits, or Heroes, they probably did.

Lyn looked fine though.

In marth's case (who was included in the "kinda off") they could have take kozaki's drawings as reference, imo there is something in his face that doesn't feel right when compared with the others, and his body seems too "wide".

In Lyn's case, while her face looks right, I don't like her hair, and her dress seems to have problems too.

4 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

In marth's case (who was included in the "kinda off") they could have take kozaki's drawings as reference, imo there is something in his face that doesn't feel right when compared with the others, and his body seems too "wide".

In Lyn's case, while her face looks right, I don't like her hair, and her dress seems to have problems too.

Agreed on Marth, he just seems weird. As far as Lyn goes, she looked rather.... unfinished to be honest. Part of it I think is because we just dont have a good look at the character yet, all we have is a few screenshots and a short video.

13 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Agreed on Marth, he just seems weird. As far as Lyn goes, she looked rather.... unfinished to be honest. Part of it I think is because we just dont have a good look at the character yet, all we have is a few screenshots and a short video.

Unfinished really is the perfect Word for Lyn's model right now. Also, while it's far too soon to say this, Caeda seems something between Lucina and Palla.

12 minutes ago, Sbuscoz said:

Unfinished really is the perfect Word for Lyn's model right now. Also, while it's far too soon to say this, Caeda seems something between Lucina and Palla.

Yeah she kind of does now that you say that. Speaking of Palla, wonder what the likelyhood of any of them are. In a way I am hoping not high, since we already have 3 pegasus.

10 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Yeah she kind of does now that you say that. Speaking of Palla, wonder what the likelyhood of any of them are. In a way I am hoping not high, since we already have 3 pegasus.

Seeing how they said that they put Cordelia because there already were from the other games, I don't think they are very likely, they could do the triangle attack, but maybe that's the reason to have Cordelia.

Tbh I dismissed the leak because lyn seemed like a huge blemish on an otherwise probable theory. No connection to other characters, not in the most recently released game like celica, and she's not marth's girlfriend. Lyn isn't my first choice, but...the game gave us a surprise. That is a huge change to the status quo. 

7 hours ago, Sbuscoz said:

How dare you! Marth looks beautiful!

Nah, I agree, but it's still easy on the eyes. Lyn's face looks a bit weird, I can't place it...it doesn't look as polished as the rest.

See, not trying to defend the weird choices here or the strange attitude towards reveals, but what if - genuinly, what if - the reason some of these choices exist is weapon balance? We already know one of the OC twins gets a lance upon promotion, so what if we start looking at who can equip what after promotion? I know it doesn't stick up for some really odd omissions (Azura, most of SD), but Hyrule Warriors had a small roster, yet used different weapons to add more playstyles...maybe FE Warriors is looking the same way? It still doesn't make up for the lack of axes, but it starts to balance swords/lances/bows a little better. 

3 hours ago, Noir said:

See, not trying to defend the weird choices here or the strange attitude towards reveals, but what if - genuinly, what if - the reason some of these choices exist is weapon balance? We already know one of the OC twins gets a lance upon promotion, so what if we start looking at who can equip what after promotion? I know it doesn't stick up for some really odd omissions (Azura, most of SD), but Hyrule Warriors had a small roster, yet used different weapons to add more playstyles...maybe FE Warriors is looking the same way? It still doesn't make up for the lack of axes, but it starts to balance swords/lances/bows a little better. 

The lance upon promotion was confirmed not to be true, it only appeared Rowan was holding a lance in the blurry Famitsu screens, but once we got HD pictures it was just a sword. It was confirmed a while back that each character would only have one weapon to use.

11 hours ago, Torii said:

The lance upon promotion was confirmed not to be true, it only appeared Rowan was holding a lance in the blurry Famitsu screens, but once we got HD pictures it was just a sword. It was confirmed a while back that each character would only have one weapon to use.

So Rowan and Lianna will still have swords

Cool 

More reason for me to hate those garbage twins. 

28 minutes ago, Peaceful_User said:

So Rowan and Lianna will still have swords

Cool 

More reason for me to hate those garbage twins. 

The irony of your username is lost on you, huh?

5 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Sheesh, don't even give em a chance, why don't'cha

Okay but

Their designs are terrible (to the point they both copy Corrin's badge thing... Seriously?), voices are iffy, they add nothing of worth to this series as a whole (If Alfonse and Sharena contributed more y'know you dun goof'd), are the face of controversy with this game and plus the twins in Warriors received an official description by Koei along the line and they are literally discount worse Ephraim and Eirika. Doesn't help how every scene and stuff we seen them in supports this. (Reckless brother that gets into trouble and the entire reason he even meets the Shepherds because he slipped and fell. Actually happened btw.)

If they at least tried with the twins like Hyrule Warriors' OCs received effort I would love them more. 

3 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The irony of your username is lost on you, huh?

I just don't like them though :(

Edited by Peaceful_User

Just to get my thoughts out on the subject: The twins are a weird case for me, I don't dislike them but at the same time I don't care about them too much either. Maybe that'll change once the game comes out but honestly I'm more interested in Darius right now in terms of OCs, even if he is another sword wielder. (I also like his design more so there's that)

Edited by Solaris998

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

The twins are a weird case for me, I don't dislike them but at the same time I don't care about them too much either. Maybe that'll change once the game comes out but honestly I'm more interested in Darius right now in terms of OCs, even if he is another sword wielder. (I also like his design more so there's that)

Not even being sarcastic the only oc I truly like is Hector Hair aka Darius

Edited by Peaceful_User

4 hours ago, Solaris998 said:

Just to get my thoughts out on the subject: The twins are a weird case for me, I don't dislike them but at the same time I don't care about them too much either. Maybe that'll change once the game comes out but honestly I'm more interested in Darius right now in terms of OCs, even if he is another sword wielder. (I also like his design more so there's that)

Honestly, I'm not really seeing much reason to hate em for me. I dunno, maybe it's just me wanting to like them out of pity, but people crack Saiyan jokes about their hair and poke at them as "discount twins", yet I don't really see much off other than them having natural hair colors, which is at least unique for FE lord standards; last lord with natural hair colors outside of Sharena was Eliwood/Roy/Leif (depends on how you view the redheads).

7 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Honestly, I'm not really seeing much reason to hate em for me. I dunno, maybe it's just me wanting to like them out of pity, but people crack Saiyan jokes about their hair and poke at them as "discount twins", yet I don't really see much off other than them having natural hair colors, which is at least unique for FE lord standards; last lord with natural hair colors outside of Sharena was Eliwood/Roy/Leif (depends on how you view the redheads).

I don't think it's the color of the hair moreso than the particular shade of it.

It could possibly be a render problem. Makes their hair seem too bright.

Or they could have deliberately made their hair that color.

Even though I personally like the twins, I can understand how jarring their appearances are in.

They just feel like "another set of twins" to me. They don't look too inspired, they have cliche personalities, and they both wield swords. They don't stand out at all.

You could keep their appearances, switch their personalities, and give Lianna an axe and Rowan a lance and already they're a whole lot more interesting.

3 minutes ago, Florete said:

They just feel like "another set of twins" to me. They don't look too inspired, they have cliche personalities, and they both wield swords. They don't stand out at all.

You could keep their appearances, switch their personalities, and give Lianna an axe and Rowan a lance and already they're a whole lot more interesting.

I think this is what it boils down to. Of course, we don't know how they'll act in their supports and in the game itself, but everything about them seems to be as standard as it gets. The fact that they both wield swords when the developers said that weapon was the reason why you excluded established fan favorites also guarantees that people will bear them ill will right from the get-go.

Also, their hair just looks like melted cheese or something. I know nothing about art but I for sure know what I don't like, and that hair is one of those things.

I don't mean to needlessly hate on them; I hope they'll surprise us all in the main game. However, the way they've been framed doesn't exactly inspire hope.

9 hours ago, Thane said:

Also, their hair just looks like melted cheese or something. I know nothing about art but I for sure know what I don't like, and that hair is one of those things.

See, to me, Rowan's hair just looks like a yellow pitaya.

Guess he and Takumi could bond over their fruit hair.

Agreed, the twins are a lackluster design. And as far as personality goes, I am not expecting much. I will say Lianna is already a little interesting as far as gameplay goes. The whole sigil, jumping around thing was really reminiscent of Weiss from RWBY so that is a bonus. But other than that, I really couldnt care less about them.

I almost wish they went with an actual avatar instead of these two. Since cutscenes seem to be in the game's engine rather than CG, I really dont see how they couldnt have implemented customization for them.

I will reserve too much judgement for the actual release though. Maybe their promotion design saves them in the design department, though nothing is fixing Rowan;s hair. Whoever thought that was going to be a great idea needs to be forced to actually have that hairstyle for a year.

Why would you even have the twins in the game to begin with? You have franchise that carries over 200 hundreds character but decide to use some generic O.C's. To matter worse than they already are, Alfonse & Sharena already prove to better characters despite how mediocre the story in Heroes is. These twins have no redeeming factor what so ever & all of that could've better for them is use either at least a different weapon or just use Alfonse & Sharena again. Seriously, who's going to say after playing the game & say ""Wow, I really like Rowan & Lianna. I'm so glad they got in over other iconic characters in the franchise."

Edited by Zangetsu

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Why would you even the twins in the game to begin with? You have franchise that carries over 200 hundreds character but decide to use some generic O.C's. To matter worse than they already are, Alfonse & Sharena already prove to better characters despite how mediocre the story in Heroes is. These twins have no redeeming factor what so ever & all of that could've but either at least a different weapon or just use Alfonse & Sharena.

I think the devs just wanted to include an Avatar without actually including an Avatar. If you make an Avatar they can't appear in prerendered cutscenes, but if you include two generic characters you can choose between that have largely similar designs? Then it's a win for the plot and for people who like Avatars! Though of course people who don't care about them still lose in the end...

1 hour ago, Zangetsu said:

Seriously, who's going to say after playing the game & say "Wow, I really Rowan & Lianna. I'm so glad they got in over other iconic characters in the franchise."

I'll probably say that after beating the game. In fact, I think I'll send a letter to Koei-Tecmo and tell them how much I love Rowan and Lianna and that they should include more generic OCs in future games over other iconic characters.