New characters leaked

Timeman

I'll join in with everyone saying they aren't a fan of the twin's designs. The colors of yellow and blue don't look very well together and their blonde hairs just look off which is a problem that the other blondes in this game don't have. 

Their personalities also don't sound like anything special either. If the girl was more boisterous and the boy more thoughtful it would already be a little more interesting. 

My first impression isn't a positive one but I'm open to the idea of the twins turning out good. 

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Straight yellow is a disgusting color to the human mind, it's how we're hard-wired. It has to be tinted lighter, shaded darker, or presented alongside complementary colors / black to be appealing. And all natural blondes are of the tinted lighter variety.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I think the devs just wanted to include an Avatar without actually including an Avatar. If you make an Avatar they can't appear in prerendered cutscenes, but if you include two generic characters you can choose between that have largely similar designs? Then it's a win for the plot and for people who like Avatars! Though of course people who don't care about them still lose in the end...

That's not how an Avatar works & Koei actually has some experience using the Avatar feature in their Dynasty Warrior games before. I don't know if they still have this feature.

All I know is that Rowan & Lianna don't capture the essence of an Avatar.

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'll probably say that after beating the game. In fact, I think I'll send a letter to Koei-Tecmo and tell them how much I love Rowan and Lianna and that they should include more generic OCs in future games over other iconic characters.

You know what, you'll do that because I'm glad someone is finally able to find the silver lining on all this. I'm not even being sarcastic here, I'm genuinely glad someone is able like the twins for once.

Although I will forever remain firm that the twins should have been Alfonse & Sharena.

6 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

That's not how an Avatar works & Koei actually has some experience using the Avatar feature in their Dynasty Warrior games before. I don't know if they still have this feature.

All I know is that Rowan & Lianna don't capture the essence of an Avatar.

You know what, you'll do that because I'm glad someone is finally able to find the silver lining on all this. I'm not even being sarcastic here, I'm genuinely glad someone is able like the twins for once.

Although I will forever remain firm that the twins should have been Alfonse & Sharena.

I mean, I don't think Nintendo would have let 'em use the Askr twins created for a specific spin-off, anyways.

I actually legit feel bad for Rowan and Lianna, though. Probably because I tend to see most characters in positive lights, but yeah, their hate sorta translated into me sorta liking them out of pity.

You know what? Lianna's design is growing on me, though she looks so much like Noire. She kinda pulls off the bright yellow, and it compliments her eyes quite well.

But there is no saving Rowan. His hair just makes his face look weird, and he can't pull off the yellow. His eyes also doesn't match the front part of his hair, they're too sharp. He also doesn't kinda suit the name Rowan. I know it's his English name, but when I think of Rowan, I think of Sinnoh's professor a light shade of brown, so I think he should have been a brunette. He suits his Japanese name, Shion, I believe.

3 hours ago, NoirCore said:

I mean, I don't think Nintendo would have let 'em use the Askr twins created for a specific spin-off, anyways.

I actually legit feel bad for Rowan and Lianna, though. Probably because I tend to see most characters in positive lights, but yeah, their hate sorta translated into me sorta liking them out of pity.

Wow, that's uh kinda sad really. For them as a character.

I suppose all we can do is hope that they are somehow manage to be appealing in some way in the long run.

7 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Wow, that's uh kinda sad really. For them as a character.

I suppose all we can do is hope that they are somehow manage to be appealing in some way in the long run.

Yeah, I'm honestly staying optimistic. If they don't have amazing personalities beyond their appearances, then eh. I tried. Probably will just see them in an okay light like I do Ephraim and Eirika despite their faults.

I'm a kind weirdo.

2 hours ago, NoirCore said:

Yeah, I'm honestly staying optimistic. If they don't have amazing personalities beyond their appearances, then eh. I tried. Probably will just see them in an okay light like I do Ephraim and Eirika despite their faults.

I'm a kind weirdo.

Because apparently being able to see the silver lining is now considered weird. For me personally, if they manage to be ok characters I would consider that a success.

At very very least, they can't be any worse than Corrin right?

5 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Because apparently being able to see the silver lining is now considered weird. For me personally, if they manage to be ok characters I would consider that a success.

At very very least, they can't be any worse than Corrin right?

I wouldnt say that, they easily could be. Corrin wasnt so much the issue as the constant pandering and no character growth was. These two could be both pandered, have no character growth, and be terrible characters even as concepts.

That and Crown of Nibelung has really saved Corrin's character for me, so I may be a bit more sympathetic to Corrin.

49 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I wouldnt say that, they easily could be. Corrin wasnt so much the issue as the constant pandering and no character growth was. These two could be both pandered, have no character growth, and be terrible characters even as concepts.

That and Crown of Nibelung has really saved Corrin's character for me, so I may be a bit more sympathetic to Corrin.

But who could they be possibly be pandering towards to, especially in Rowan's case? Lianna might get away with some leeway (as much of the double standard that is) but it's take more than just cute which could also be argue in Rowan's case. Then again I'm not exactly hearing husbando or waifu argument for either one.

Edited by Zangetsu

52 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

But who could they be possibly be pandering towards to, especially in Rowan's case? Lianna might get away with some leeway (as much of the double standard that is) but it's take more than just cute which could also be argue in Rowan's case. Then again I'm not exactly hearing husbando or waifu argument for either one.

I should probably rephrase pandering to "praise without fail". Pandering wouldnt be the right word as you said, though they could easily be "perfect", which is extremely common in anime/jrpgs with a basic shonen style story. Considering that is likely the style of story we are getting, there is definitely a chance.

57 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I should probably rephrase pandering to "praise without fail". Pandering wouldnt be the right word as you said, though they could easily be "perfect", which is extremely common in anime/jrpgs with a basic shonen style story. Considering that is likely the style of story we are getting, there is definitely a chance.

AH, you mean character shilling. Yes, I fear this route as well.

Considering one of the main reason why Corrin has such a big dislike.

I'll go against the grain here and say that I actually like the design of the twins. The blue and yellow looks good and their outfits are cool. What I don't like is their hair color. I think its too bright a shade of yellow. It looks unnatural in the sense that its giving their hair an uncanny valley effect where it doesn't look their their hair is actually attached to their head. Like they are wearing a wig, fake hair. And is not like the developers don't know how to make good looking blond hair because the Nohr royals look fine.

I like they they actually use shields with their swords, thats unique in fire emblem.

Edited by wissenschaft

On 9/15/2017 at 4:28 PM, X-Naut said:

Straight yellow is a disgusting color to the human mind, it's how we're hard-wired. It has to be tinted lighter, shaded darker, or presented alongside complementary colors / black to be appealing. And all natural blondes are of the tinted lighter variety.

I think that might be the case. lol Theres nothing wrong with the twins hairdos, theres just something deeply disturbing about the shade of color.

Edited by wissenschaft

18 minutes ago, wissenschaft said:

I think that might be the case. lol Theres nothing wrong with the twins hairdos, theres just something deeply disturbing about the shade of color.

Rowan's hairstyle is AWFUL. A wannabe super saiyan and Lianna straight up copies Noire. They didn't even try with the OCs. Their hairstyles are bad and especially Rowan should feel bad. 

On 9/17/2017 at 3:29 AM, Peaceful_User said:

Rowan's hairstyle is AWFUL. A wannabe super saiyan and Lianna straight up copies Noire. They didn't even try with the OCs. Their hairstyles are bad and especially Rowan should feel bad. 

Lianna does not have the same hair-style Noire has.  They are similar, not the same.