Unable to save data

Denomon

I bought a copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon on Etsy a couple of months ago. Today I finally decided to play it, but when I stuck the game card in both my original 3DS and DS Lite, I got this message:

"Unable to save data. Please turn the power off, reinsert the Game Card, and try again."

Needless to say, I followed those instructions. No matter how many times I try it won't work on either system, and I can't find any helpful information online. Do you guys know what the problem is?

You bought a boot leg game and those are known for having problems.  Any video game on Etsy is a boot leg, if you want a legit copy of a game it get through a site that is known for selling games, like Amazon or GameStop.    

Sorry my friend, but that is a boot leg. Good luck finding another copy. You could try eBay for a real copy, but you also run the chance of buying another bootleg from a bad seller. Try searching on YT for ways to detect boot legs. That may help you on your search.