9/11

Heruseus

I want to just have a moment to revere and honor those who were killed today 16 years ago. Even if you are not American, I too would like you to stop here in silence. This forum is like a second home to me and I wanted to use this time to remind everyone that even if we aren't all American, we are members of the Forest, which makes us all a big family. And when Family hurts, the other Family members hurt. Never forget what happened today, and never forget those who gave their lives on this day.

Thank you. Thank you to all of the heroes. And to the families who lost people today, my heart goes out to you. 

I was only one when the attacks happened, and I didn't lose anyone in the 9/11 attacks, but I still recognize the tragedy that it is. It was a terrible waste of human life, and we still feel the effects of the attacks to this very day. 

Today, we honor those who gave up their lives fighting against the hijackers to help protect the nation, and we also honor the lives of those we lost during the attack. 

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

I met a guy whose cousin died in that horrible event today...I was in 5th grade. ...wait a second, @DisobeyedCargo, you were only 1? Damn I feel old. And I sent you fanfics with...steaminess in them, god, hope that was legal.

*does math*

That would put you at 16, oh noes... *shrugs* well....at least it wasn't like hardcore hentai or something. I really oughta start being more careful and stop assuming everybody is close to my age.

Annnnyyywwaaay. My story. Every morning before school, my mom would have the radio on. So I'm getting dressed and all of a sudden Mom yells and I come running out in my undies, and she tells me about the "terrible accident" that happened. I didn't know what the world trade center was, I was like meh, then I went to school and we watched the towers fall over and over and found out it was an attack. From that point forward, I paid more attention to the news...

Well, feel even older, cause I wasn't even born yet

edit: I JUST FOUND OUT I WAS CONCIEVED ON 9/11!!! WTH MY LIFE IS A LIE

Edited by Heruseus

6 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

I met a guy whose cousin died in that horrible event today...I was in 5th grade. ...wait a second, @DisobeyedCargo, you were only 1? Damn I feel old. And I sent you fanfics with...steaminess in them, god, hope that was legal.

*does math*

That would put you at 16, oh noes... *shrugs* well....at least it wasn't like hardcore hentai or something. I really oughta start being more careful and stop assuming everybody is close to my age.

Annnnyyywwaaay. My story. Every morning before school, my mom would have the radio on. So I'm getting dressed and all of a sudden Mom yells and I come running out in my undies, and she tells me about the "terrible accident" that happened. I didn't know what the world trade center was, I was like meh, then I went to school and we watched the towers fall over and over and found out it was an attack. From that point forward, I paid more attention to the news...

Well I did just turn 17 a few days ago @Dragoncat if it makes you feel any better about the fanfics. 

Yeah, at my school, when the attacks happened, the entire school just stopped and watched what was happening. They were literally watching history unfold. Unfortunately is was a tragedy in history and not something we can really celebrate.

10 hours ago, Heruseus said:

Well, feel even older, cause I wasn't even born yet

edit: I JUST FOUND OUT I WAS CONCIEVED ON 9/11!!! WTH MY LIFE IS A LIE

*old lady voice* YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN.

Holy crap though, I guess that's one way to deal with a tragedy like that...kudos to your parents I guess?

@DisobeyedCargo Still, 18 is the legal thing. I guess if it's okay with you then...yeah.

12 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

*old lady voice* YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!

*snooty teenager voice* YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!!!!!!

one of my professors told me "i will always remember the day kennedy was shot, no matter how old I get." 9/11 is like that for me, i remember being dismissed from kindergarten early. we lived in queens and my dad worked in uptown manhattan on 34th. the attack was on the south end of manhattan, so he wasn't hurt, but he did say that there was dust everywhere, cloud was smokey. he walked back on the queensboro bridge like the rest of the people who worked and were fortunate enough to be far from the wreckage. 

. . .and what the hell happened to this topic?

I remember not really taking it seriously, due to time zones and me being a shitty teenager.

Anyway, since I think fanfics and the like have no place in a Serious Discussion topic, I'm locking it.

Edited by eclipse