I just blew 60 F2P orbs

Junkhead

32 minutes ago, Magnficence Incarnate said:

I'm like a person who can't learn to save money in this game. Once I get to 20 orbs I just say fuck it and summon.  You getting to 60 is pretty impressive imo lol

I think it's impressive for my own standard because I was about as bad, if not even worse. A few weeks ago, I was spending at the first 9-13 orbs, and even the ocassional 5-yolo. This was as far as I've gotten up to this point, so I don't feel as bad because I know I'll do even better.

I'm half-way through these Trials and there's even the next coming up, as well as the respective Arena rewards.

25 minutes ago, Rapier said:

I blew 60 orbs twice for Julia and she still eludes me

join the club

Well, what happened.

I literally got my Julia by wishfully thinking "hmm i need a brave lance fodder". Literally.

25 minutes ago, KongDude said:

I've never gotten past 30 unless it was the giant gauntlet reward.

Oh, the old reward system.

5 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I had 123 orbs and got Effie when I had 75

I had 66 orbs and got a Karel at 29, then a Celica with 2 or maybe 3-ish orbs left

Got Hector in 28 orbs too LOL

That's a secret.

okay

reveal what you got

i spent 60 orbs on the herofest banner and got celice. 

but my pulls have been better lately. setsuna 3* but she has bowbreaker. fae has renewal. i also got an ephraim and raven at 5* that i sacrificed a long time ago 

2 minutes ago, libtard snowflake said:

okay

reveal what you got

i spent 60 orbs on the herofest banner and got celice. 

but my pulls have been better lately. setsuna 3* but she has bowbreaker. fae has renewal. i also got an ephraim and raven at 5* that i sacrificed a long time ago 

WHY THE FUCK would you sacrifice a Raven

unless he's, like, -Atk because fuck that shit. But even then, if he was +Spd he's still god (no that's not a typo).

Sexsuna is Bowbreaker fodder, I agree. Reciprocal Aid too, somewhat.

okay I got Leo then just stuff. Like, non-interesting stuff except two Fury Hinatas which I haven't been getting much as of late.

Just now, Soul~! said:

Naw.

That's how my Felicia got her butter knife.

See, the problem was I already had a 4S Kagero lined up to be Promoted so the 5S one just kind of pissed me off because I'd rather use 20k Feathers over 120 Orbs if we're talking Kagero, not to mention she was the ONLY 5S I pulled all Hero Fest and she reset my pull rate at the end of a 5-full-pull run. The only time I've been madder at pulling a 5S Unit is on the CYL Banner when I pulled a 5S Lucius to reset my attempt at Brave Lucina.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Because Legion exists

So if you have a Raven that isn't +Atk or +Spd you'd build a legion instead

I'm not dumping a Brave on Roro, that's just lame. Typical lame meta stuff where you just slap Brave to anything and call it a "fix". It's not objectively wrong to do so, but I'd expect at least some more thought put into it. I'd personally go Killer + Desperation since I want to see some 40 Spd madness.

5 minutes ago, Callisto said:

It took a lot of holding back and yelling at myself but....

I currently have 200 f2p orbs. This is by far the most orbs I've ever saved; my previous high was only 75.

Good shit, dude. That's definitely something to look up to.

Do you watch Strategistmaster, by any chance?

3 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

See, the problem was I already had a 4S Kagero lined up to be Promoted so the 5S one just kind of pissed me off because I'd rather use 20k Feathers over 120 Orbs if we're talking Kagero, not to mention she was the ONLY 5S I pulled all Hero Fest and she reset my pull rate at the end of a 5-full-pull run. The only time I've been madder at pulling a 5S Unit is on the CYL Banner when I pulled a 5S Lucius to reset my attempt at Brave Lucina.

oh

Just now, Jingle Jangle said:

The most that I saved up is 150 orbs without paying, I used it all up to get Spring Camilla. Thankfully I got a merged +spd , -def version of her.  

That's really good, too.

2 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Typical lame meta stuff where you just slap Brave to anything and call it a "fix".

That's not slapping a brave to something and calling it a "fix"

It is called turning a bad unit into a good one. You can just as easily give a +Atk Cherche a brave axe and it'll be the same thing 

and you can put more thought into it, but that won't make it a better set :/

Slayer Axe + desperation*

4 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

Good shit, dude. That's definitely something to look up to.

Do you watch Strategistmaster, by any chance?

I do watch Strategistmaster and his constant blaring of the message "save your orbs" does help me somewhat.

7 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

That's not slapping a brave to something and calling it a "fix"

It is called turning a bad unit into a good one. You can just as easily give a +Atk Cherche a brave axe and it'll be the same thing 

and you can put more thought into it, but that won't make it a better set :/

Of which Legion isn't actually close to being. His offensive spread is one of the best in the game. Something like that works in something as simple as L&D2, +1 Spd Seal and any moderately strong axe (to which his own already gets him through pretty well). Cherche's more of an outlier, if anything. She's pretty much entitled to it, considering her Spd will always be bad and her Atk only 2nd to Effie's.

And I don't disagree with your latter statement, but it's also a part of knowing how to be flexible with your resources. Can't change the fact that Brave Axe Legion feels really lame compared to Quad Raven.

Slayer Axe + desperation*

If you want a meme, you may as well start with Distant Counter. I won't kill an Amelia for that unless she's terrible (the Amelia I don't have, I mean).

Edited by Soul~!

4 minutes ago, Callisto said:

I do watch Strategistmaster and his constant blaring of the message "save your orbs" does help me somewhat.

That's kind of where I started giving it more importance. I never really cared for CYL, but it's not like the message doesn't carry through to other things. A guy in the comments also mentioned that, to him, orbs are a form of currency. Seeing it like that, it helps you through. Personally, I'm ocassionally having trouble with it because I kind of need Fury, QR and Swordbreaker. Today, I just wanted a Henry or Sophia with my ideal IVs (+Atk/Def, -Spd I guess).

Just now, Soul~! said:

That's kind of where I started giving it more importance. I never really cared for CYL, but it's not like the message doesn't carry through to other things. A guy in the comments also mentioned that, to him, orbs are a form of currency. Seeing it like that, it helps you through. Personally, I'm ocassionally having trouble with it because I kind of need Fury, QR and Swordbreaker. Today, I just wanted a Henry or Sophia with my ideal IVs (+Atk/Def, -Spd I guess).

I didn't care about CYL either (I haven't summoned on that banner once) And in my last attempt to save orbs, when I got to 75, I was merely trying to save for the Magvel banner. (Too bad I have nothing to show for it) however, that failure has really reinforced the idea that I need to save as much as possible if I really want to get what I want.

I'm also having trouble with a lack of fodder, that's really the only thing that's making me want to do some summoning right now, I have so many plans that I can't do right now because of a lack of fodder.