Artists you want to: see from/see more from/see represent Specific Characters?

property of nuvelle

The title pretty much asks three questions:

1. What new artist do you want to see?

2. What in-game artist do you want to see more from?

3. Are there any characters you want to be drawn by specific artists?

lets get kaya8 and tobi for the rest of the cast

Kouhei Horikoshi (My Hero Academia manga artist) would be very cool to see. Percy makes a lot of sense in my eyes but anyone really.

Image Reference

Spoiler

mha_jumpfest_int_2.jpg

All Might Arthur would've been golden.

Hidari to do literally anyone. I believe he/she is the only FE artist who hasn't done anything for Heroes yet (but I dunno who did a lot of the older games).

HMK84 because I like their Cipher works.

toi88 because yeah.

Not likely, but someone who I'd love to see from is Ian Olympia. His name isn't a very big one but the Heroes artists aren't the biggest either.

Image Reference:

Spoiler

ian-olympia-02-05-17.jpg?1486277765

ian-olympia-02-12-17.jpg?1487003726

Give me a seasonal Kaya8 Catria and I will be happy.

I was hoping Black Knight would be nabe who drew Legion but it doesn't seem like so.

Akira Fujikawa did great with Celica. I can't find anything from them online so hopefully they'll come back.

That's all I can think of right now. I can't recall many but that's what I have.

Edited by KongDude

Artists that haven't been in the game that i want to see:

• Hirohiko Araki, the author and artist behind JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The JoJo artstyle is distinct enough to where (at least in my experience), non JoJo-fans can recognize the artstyle. Now, JoJo's been around for 30 years so Araki's artstyle has changed over time but it's nothing too major. Here's an reference using the best JoJo, Joseph Joestar.
    Spoiler

Gf2sTHc.jpg

As for which character Araki would draw for Heroes, I think Ophelia would benefit from it greatly. I can easily see Ophelia striking some JoJo-tier poses. 

• And if my profile pic and supposed location didn't make it obvious, i'm also a big fan of Fairy Tail, so i want to see Hiro Mashima, the author and illustrator behind Fairy Tail, draw a character for Heroes. Here's a reference

Spoiler

DFnsZBQUIAAbvA6.jpg

I think Soleil will fit Mashima's artstyle nicely.

• Hidari's art worked fantastically for SoV. How is he not in the game yet?

• I don't know what their names are, but i want to see the artists from Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Both are distinct artstyles that i enjoyed ( i say it like i've played XC2 even though the game isn't even out). I know XC2's artist did Celica's Awakening art and i know that artwork is disliked among the community, but i think the artstyle itself is nice. 

As for which artists that are already in the game that i want to see more of

• Sachiko Wada, the one who who drew Brave!Roy. Maybe it's my Roy bias speaking but Brave!Roy has the best art out of all the Brave Heroes. Wada has only done 5 other Heroes besides Brave!Roy. I want to see more.
  • Miwabe Sakura: A lot of people have complained about her artstyle "moeifying" characters like Lachesis and Est, but i personally don't mind. It's a cute artstyle and i do want to see more of it.
  • It's actually surprising that Yuskue Kozaki, the artist behind Awakening and Fates, hasn't really done much in Heroes. He designed the Heroes OCs+Anna but that's about it. It's great that Heroes has this variety in artists but Kozaki became well known for his Awakening and Fates artwork so it's kinda sad to not see him much in Heroes. Maybe he's still finishing up the official artwork for Fates' characters. How have we not gotten all of them yet?
  • Whoever Nephenee's Heroes artist is. We saw her artwork leak but we won't know who drew her until she's officially released. But i like that artstyle.
Edited by Armagon

Total pipe dream but it would be so amazing if Hiromu Arwakawa (Fullmetal Alchamist) did a character or two. Particularly I would like to see characters like Luthier, or Harr in her style. My other pipe dream would be Yoshihiro Togashi (Hunter x Hunter) doing any of the villains, or any of the characters that fit Tormod's overly enthusiastic kid archetype.

As for artists in the game I'd like to see more of, most of them honestly but in particular. Aoji, Haimura Kiyotaka, Kusugi Toku, Miyajima Haru, Teita, Tobi, and Wada Sachiko. 

I would love it if Wada or Tobi ended up doing some of the Laguz, especially handsome/pretty ones Ranulf, Janaff, Reyson and Naesala. 

Admittedly, I don't know the artists very well. But my favorite Cipher artist is Aoji, and his Boey is amazing. So I would love to see more art from them, and I'd be even happier if they did Tormod and Rath's artwork.

EDIT: Oh, Senri Kita and Sachiko Wada are also great and I'd love to have more artwork from them too.

Edited by Sunwoo

I don't know enough about potential artists who haven't already done artwork ingame, but for those that have, Himukai Yuji and Mayo would be my top picks to return/continue. Himukai Yuji mainly because I actually recognized their style as soon as I started playing Heroes, thanks to Etrian Odyssey. Unfortunately, I can't stand Raigh, and while Fae gets some decent use from me, I would still love to see more characters in that style. And more Mayo because frankly, pretty much every character that Mayo has drawn has turned out amazing. Sheena and Jeorge are especially great to me, since they're two of my favorite Archanean characters already even though Sheena has refused to show up since day one, so seeing them both get such amazing art was really cool.

3 minutes ago, Thane said:

I'm one of those who don't know much about artists in general, but I think whoever drew Kagerou, Sakura and Hana should be responsible for a few more; they all look great.

That would be Iack and Fuzichoco. Those two are really great. They should definitely do more.

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

Artists that haven't been in the game that i want to see:

• Hirohiko Araki, the author and artist behind JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. The JoJo artstyle is distinct enough to where (at least in my experience), non JoJo-fans can recognize the artstyle. Now, JoJo's been around for 30 years so Araki's artstyle has changed over time but it's nothing too major. Here's an reference using the best JoJo, Joseph Joestar.
      Reveal hidden contents

Gf2sTHc.jpg

As for which character Araki would draw for Heroes, I think Ophelia would benefit from it greatly. I can easily see Ophelia striking some JoJo-tier poses.

GOD, YES!

1 hour ago, Armagon said:

• And if my profile pic and supposed location didn't make it obvious, i'm also a big fan of Fairy Tail, so i want to see Hiro Mashima, the author and illustrator behind Fairy Tail, draw a character for Heroes. Here's a reference

Reveal hidden contents

DFnsZBQUIAAbvA6.jpg

I think Soleil will fit Mashima's artstyle nicely.

GOD, NO!

I mean, I'm sure it'd be fine and 99% of people wouldn't even really notice, but Mashima's not great at dealing with sameface, and my hang-ups with Fairy Tail would really get in the way of me enjoying whoever he draws(I kind of have a feeling I'm not the only one). I might actually end up disliking the character altogether, because then I'll have to associate that character with his art. Which means I'll have to associate that character with his writing. Him drawing Soliel in particular would be bad, because she'd probably look like Erza with whatever haircolor they go with(Which would probably be red). That would be the worst outcome.

Anyway, if we're talking manga artists, I'd toss my hat in for Yukimura Makoto. He's an artist/author that's obscure enough to be plausible, while also being the author/illustrator for Vinland Saga, which is well known enough that getting him would still probably be a big get. I mean this in the nicest way, but he's basically discount Kentaro Miura. The more kind of severe, exaggerated realism that I think would be interesting to see in Heroes, and he's got plenty of practice drawing people from Medieval Europe. Mostly vikings, but hey. He could probably do some of the kid thieves justice, since that's more or less what Thorfinn is.

As for people who have already drawn for Heroes, I like Sashima Suisei, who did Abel. I just like the coloring.

I have no clue about other artists, but more from Cuboon, Tobi and Sachiko Wada please!

I would love to see Kent drawn by any of those three for Heroes :D

I dread him coming into the game and having bad art >.<

Just thought, Tobi should definitely draw one of the herons... I mean, the current ones in their style look somewhat ethereal - a heron would look amazing :D

Edited by Cute Chao

one piece of artwork that I really liked in heroes was alm's, by Arai Teruko

no idea who the guy is but i'd love to see him do more since so far that's his only one for heroes

berkut has one of my favorites too, the artist who drew him did a great job with ephraim and eirika too and it'd be great if they could do more 

another I would love to see more from is Aoji, who drew Boey's art. i actually really dislike boey's art in heroes, but I love the style a lot, so I'd like to see what the same artist could do with a different character.

the one character i'm the most concerned about how they're gonna draw though would be micaiah

generally her art not by senri kita ranges from Generic Anime Woman to Actually Kinda Terrible 

ideally I'd want her to be drawn by senri kita, just to be... safe? since I can imagine her getting something pretty bad, but aside from the brave characters and daisuke izuka whose contributions so far have literally all been characters he drew for their games, characters generally don't seem to get their original artists to draw them. although even then, I'd love to see someone else draw her, since it'd be really cool to finally see another good micaiah art. my first thought is the artist who drew takumi and leo? i remember he also drew chrom and lachesis once, and they both looked pretty great, and I feel like he could do a good job with micaiah. but even then, i'm open to really anything that makes her look both good and not like Generic Anime Woman

As to artist I want Kazuya Minekura She is the mangaka and author of the Saiyuki series as well as Bus Gamer and one of my all time favorite artists if you can't tell by my profile pic and sig.

In game artist I want to return is the one who did Innes I find him to be my favorite in terms of art in Heroes.

I agree with the others saying Micaiah should only be drawn by Senri Kita sine every time she is drawn by some one else she looks horrid.

Here is an Artist List on the FE:H wiki if anyone is curious.

Personal Favorites
Kita Senri (PoR, RD // Ryoma, Brave!Ike, Cecilia...) || I always loved the Tellius artwork from Senri Kita and I love her art in Heroes, so more is always appreciated!

Wada Sachiko (SS // Cherche, Virion, Brave!Roy...) || I just love this artist's style.

Yamada Akihiro (Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel) || Someone give this artist a medal for having unique Special Art poses. I think this artist could pull off an awesome Duessel and Nolan! More special unique poses please.

Asatani Tomoyo (Erika, Ephraim, Berkut) || There is so much detail on the artwork, and it helps that the characters the artist has drawn are favorites of mine.

Honorable Mentions
Cuboon (Reinhardt, Olwen, Tana, Palla, Lukas)
HAKO (Caeda, Elise, Felicia, Shanna)
Mayo (Bride!Cordelia, Summer!Robin, Sheena, Sully, Stahl, Jeorge)

Fujikawa Akira (Celica)
Sencha (Summer!Corrin)

Newcomers
Hidari (Shadows of Valentia) || I would love to see Hidari do some art for Heroes. As for what character, I have no idea.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Please have Konfuzi Kokon, Sachiko Wada and Tobi do more characters.

Have Hidari do someone.

For specific characters, can we have Konfuzi Kokon Micaiah please?  And I guess Tobi for Wolt.

52 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

As to artist I want Kazuya Minekura She is the mangaka and author of the Saiyuki series as well as Bus Gamer and one of my all time favorite artists if you can't tell by my profile pic and sig.

In game artist I want to return is the one who did Innes I find him to be my favorite in terms of art in Heroes.

I agree with the others saying Micaiah should only be drawn by Senri Kita sine every time she is drawn by some one else she looks horrid.

2 hours ago, unique said:

one piece of artwork that I really liked in heroes was alm's, by Arai Teruko

no idea who the guy is but i'd love to see him do more since so far that's his only one for heroes

berkut has one of my favorites too, the artist who drew him did a great job with ephraim and eirika too and it'd be great if they could do more 

another I would love to see more from is Aoji, who drew Boey's art. i actually really dislike boey's art in heroes, but I love the style a lot, so I'd like to see what the same artist could do with a different character.

the one character i'm the most concerned about how they're gonna draw though would be micaiah

generally her art not by senri kita ranges from Generic Anime Woman to Actually Kinda Terrible 

ideally I'd want her to be drawn by senri kita, just to be... safe? since I can imagine her getting something pretty bad, but aside from the brave characters and daisuke izuka whose contributions so far have literally all been characters he drew for their games, characters generally don't seem to get their original artists to draw them. although even then, I'd love to see someone else draw her, since it'd be really cool to finally see another good micaiah art. my first thought is the artist who drew takumi and leo? i remember he also drew chrom and lachesis once, and they both looked pretty great, and I feel like he could do a good job with micaiah. but even then, i'm open to really anything that makes her look both good and not like Generic Anime Woman

I wonder which artist would do Micaiah... I mean, Senri Kita and Daisuke Izuka would be the best to draw (that had already draw her) her without feeling "generic"... but who knows, maybe we get lucky with the selected artist.

Edited by Troykv

8 hours ago, Slumber said:

Him drawing Soliel in particular would be bad, because she'd probably look like Erza with whatever haircolor they go with(Which would probably be red).

Isn't Soleil's default hair color pink though? All the Cipher artwork+her 4koma book artwork depict her with pink hair.......which is weird since i don't think anyone except F!Corrin can pass on pink hair. I suppose we'll find out when her official Fates artwork is released in 200 years.

Anyway, i see Soleil looking more like Lucy but that's just me.

6 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Isn't Soleil's default hair color pink though? All the Cipher artwork+her 4koma book artwork depict her with pink hair.......which is weird since i don't think anyone except F!Corrin can pass on pink hair. I suppose we'll find out when her official Fates artwork is released in 200 years.

Anyway, i see Soleil looking more like Lucy but that's just me.

Her Heirs of Fate appearance also uses pink hair. It's a legacy gag since her grandmother has pink hair as well. Guess it skips a generation since Inigo's default isn't pink like his mom's unlike the other kids bar Kjelle.

11 hours ago, Armagon said:

best JoJo, Joseph Joestar.

You my friend, have exquisite taste. Joseph for best JoJo

Also, I second Araki, that would be fabulous in all the right ways.

Other artists I would love to see in Heroes:

Akihiko Yoshida - (Final Fantasy Tactics/12, Bravely Default, Nier:Automata) I think his style would fit the medieval look of some of the characters from FE4/5 (I just want Ayra in the game, pls IS)

Yuya Nagai - just beautiful

Spoiler

commander-161119.jpgcommander-161119.jpgcommander-1611192is04.jpg

Artists I want to see more of:

Fujisaka Kimihiko - (of Nier and Drakengard fame, also did Roy's DLC art for Awakening) He already did Jakob's art but I just can't get enough of his style. There is something rough to his shading that adds so much to his illustrations. Also I'm like... a huge fan 

cuboon - they already did a bunch of characters and I love the shading.

Teita - Innes just looks really good.

Mayo - if only the faces didn't look so wierd half of the time... disregarding that the illustrations are top tier.

Yamada Akihiro - traditional, pls give me more.

Hako - Why is everything they touch so beautiful?

Masao Tsubasa - if and only if the next character doesn't have a waist that's smaller than their thighs.

Also obligatory Sachiko Wada (the true queen of Fire Emblem character design/official art) and Senri Kita.

I'd love it if they gave Ayami Kojima the opportunity to draw a character or two.

As for artists I'd like to see more of, there's: Sachiko Wada, Tomoyo Asatani, HACCAN, Senri Kita, Kokon Konfuzi, Kaya8, Haru Miyajima, Setia, and Sata.

Lastly, I hope Sachiko Wada is chosen to draw Joshua again.

8 hours ago, Nimue said:

I'd love it if they gave Ayami Kojima the opportunity to draw a character or two.

As for artists I'd like to see more of, there's: Sachiko Wada, Tomoyo Asatani, HACCAN, Senri Kita, Kokon Konfuzi, Kaya8, Haru Miyajima, Setia, and Sata.

Lastly, I hope Sachiko Wada is chosen to draw Joshua again.

Ayami has some relation ship with Castlevania or is just the name giving me Konami related things? xD

Oh yeah, I remembered that the artist who does Etrian Odyssey artwork also did work on this game. I like Raigh and Fae's artwork, and I love everything about EO, but I do find that the artist's style kind of ... uh, seems to stand out a bit. So I do like the artist's work, but I do think it stands out a bit from what I expect in FE.

That said, the style really works for Fae.

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Ayami has some relation ship with Castlevania or is just the name giving me Konami related things? xD

You're right, she does! She's done illustrations for several of the games, in the past. I recently got into Castlevania through the Ds games and show, so that kind of influenced my response to the topic.

I would like to see more of Tobi, I really like how Klein, Clive and Summer!Leo look.

For new artist... Mmm what is the name of that guy that did Leo and Taumi's card? Oishi or something like that? Well that guy, I would like to see him on Heroes too.

And finally, I would love to see Kozaki drawing Innes !! Or Tobi drawing Innes!!! Just, I want to see more of Innes in different styles haha