Character trailers for Nohr and Hoshido

Escalario

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Sakura really wasn't worth a seperate trailer reveal to them. Classy. Other than that I really love what I am seeing of the Hoshidans. Sakura seemingly converts her staff into a bow, which is clever but also looks a bit odd in places. Will probably construct my team solely of the Hoshidans. (or maybe Caeda and Tiki in place of Hinoka and Ryouma if/when they get in) 

No surprise Sakura is a clone of her brother honestly. But (what I assume is) her Awakening attack is interesting, she looks really fun to use. Everyone else is still looking just as fun. Kinda surprised they released these trailers so soon, I was kinda expecting them at the end of the week but I'm not complaining.

Edited by Torii

Leo's moveset looks neat. I like how his Musou crushes the enemies into the earth with what appears to be a big ball of lightning before he blows them away with a dark explosion.

EDIT: NWM it seems that it's actually a black hole conjured through the power of Brynhildr. By the looks of it, Leo conjures a black hole to trap and crush the enemies between it and the earth before it explodes. The explosion appears to be darkness-based, which I suppose gives our answer about Brynhildr's element.

Edited by Folt

Sakura seems a little off to me, though I suppose it's because she never got used much by me, that or the bow converting to rod may seem a bit off. Either way Hoshidians look very solid, the one I'd probably play most of them is either Takmi or Ryoma. Nohr on the other hand don't look as appealing to me, but I won't make final decisions on who to play until I play the game (besides Female Corrin and Cordelia). Maybe we'll get some actual shadow dragon surprises next.

1 minute ago, familyplayer said:

Anyone else think Corrin's special (the one shown for female Corrin) has a very unfulfilling ending?

That's the normal Musou attack, and seems mostly based on Corrin's critical hit Dragon Fang animation. The Awakening Musou (the one shown with male Corrin) looks much cooler.

WHOA, Sakura looks crazy! Totally using her. She can freaking summon troops to rain arrows down on people in her special!

Still dislike male Corrin. I wish he was not more associated with Hoshido than female Corrin since Hoshido is better than Nohr to me.

The OST for this game is sounding amazing so far. It honestly makes me really glad that I got the Special Edition. Sakura having the same basic string (assuming their comb strings are different) as Takumi is disappointing and really hope it isn't the template for other Archers since I really want Anna to be in as an Archer. 

On the music used...

Nohr Trailer - Seemed to be a mix of various songs. I want to say...

A Dark Fall (intro, but I'm not sure.) [Edit] This song plays throughout the trailer.
Dusk Falls (around 0:40)
End of All (around 0:55)
The rest of the video I am unsure.

Hoshido Trailer - Definitely Alight.

Edited by Sire
Corrected the Nohr Trailer music.

3 hours ago, Torii said:

No surprise Sakura is a clone of her brother honestly. But (what I assume is) her Awakening attack is interesting, she looks really fun to use. Everyone else is still looking just as fun. Kinda surprised they released these trailers so soon, I was kinda expecting them at the end of the week but I'm not complaining.

I wouldn't call Sakura a clone outside of using a bow. Her attack string is clearly different than Takumi's. He fires a triple shot fanning out, slashes twice with his bow, fires another fanning triple shot, then another, and then he fires arrows into the air to a bunch down around him. Sakura fires a triple shot that seems to fan out wider than Takumi's, another triple shot, a quadruple shot, spins around while shooting arrows, jumps up to shoot arrows down in front of her, lands and shoots rounds of triple shots angling upwards, and then she fires one large shot in front.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

WHOA, Sakura looks crazy! Totally using her. She can freaking summon troops to rain arrows down on people in her special!

Still dislike male Corrin. I wish he was not more associated with Hoshido than female Corrin since Hoshido is better than Nohr to me.

So can Takumi, she is essentially a clone with some differences here or there. 

1 minute ago, Solaris998 said:

Eh? Since when? Unless you saw something I didn't last time I checked Takumi can't summon soldiers with a Rescue staff for his special attack

It was her moveset that is some what different. she still is similar though. 'll retract my statement of her being a clone.

2 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Eh? Since when? Unless you saw something I didn't last time I checked Takumi can't summon soldiers with a Rescue staff for his special attack

I think that would be covered under "essentially a clone with some differences here or there".

Think more Lucina/Chrom than Robin-M/Robin-F, if I'm remembering my move sets right

1 minute ago, r_n said:

I think that would be covered under "essentially a clone with some differences here or there".

Think more Lucina/Chrom than Robin-M/Robin-F, if I'm remembering my move sets right

11 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I wouldn't call Sakura a clone outside of using a bow. Her attack string is clearly different than Takumi's. He fires a triple shot fanning out, slashes twice with his bow, fires another fanning triple shot, then another, and then he fires arrows into the air to a bunch down around him. Sakura fires a triple shot that seems to fan out wider than Takumi's, another triple shot, a quadruple shot, spins around while shooting arrows, jumps up to shoot arrows down in front of her, lands and shoots rounds of triple shots angling upwards, and then she fires one large shot in front.

I will admit that there are similarities, but not any more than with Hinoka/Cordelia and Leon/Elise. You can call all of these clones then. With certain weapon types, there is only so much you can do to differentiate them, but I think they did fine here.

8 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

It was her moveset that is some what different. she still is similar though. 'll retract my statement of her being a clone.

Oh I noticed the similarities, I just meant the way you worded your response implied Takumi could do the same special move Sakura did in that trailer, which was what the person you responded to was talking about. That's all

I like the idea of Sakura being able to summon troops. She's arguably one of the characters that's the least capable in a fight so this would be more believable then her personally slaughtering people like the others can. It may also be a reference to how she actually does command a battle in Conquest.

That she's part clone is a shame but Its an easy headcanon to have that big brother Takumi learned Sakura how to wield a bow and that would be pretty cute. 

The royals looks great, as per usual. Really digging the music in both trailers, and Sakura summoning what's basically a firing squad for her special is pretty ruthless.

There's one thing that's nagging at me. After the Awakening heroes trailer was released last week, I thought these trailers would be revealed every 7 days or so, since that would eventually fit in with the highly suspected SD character announcements at TGS. But these Fates vids and the Awakening one only have a 4 day gap. It makes me think perhaps SD characters might be revealed at the Nintendo Direct after all.

Of course I might be wrong(and I usually am when it comes to speculation) but it's got me thinking at least.

Edited by Reese Balaski

10 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I like the idea of Sakura being able to summon troops. She's arguably one of the characters that's the least capable in a fight so this would be more believable then her personally slaughtering people like the others can. It may also be a reference to how she actually does command a battle in Conquest.

That she's part clone is a shame but Its an easy headcanon to have that big brother Takumi learned Sakura how to wield a bow and that would be pretty cute. 

Actually, didn't she have a surprisingly high strength growth in Fates (by comparison at least)? I remember one particular playthrough where Ryouma wasn't as blessed for me and Sakura actually ended up with a higher strength stat for a while. Though the interpretation of this being a referance to her command role (even if she was mostly acting subordinate to Yukimura, the official commander) is a great idea as well.

I also think of it like this. Both Elise and Leon are also pretty similar, so it is my headcanon that both Takumi and Leon taught their little sisters how to fight.