Character trailers for Nohr and Hoshido

Escalario

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the last time. Can we please stop calling Sakura a straight up straight-up clone? Seriously, her bow movements are different if you cared to take a closer look. While similarities are pretty much unavoidable, I don't see people running around calling Cordelia and Hinoka exact clones of each other, despite their similarities, so can we please extend the same courtesy to Sakura? They showed of one attack string. One. We should postpone our full judgements until we see her full gameplay. 

Oh boy, can't wait to play with Takumi... I think, he is a bit like Mori in SWC , and I like that. Leo in the other hand, gives me a feel of Kanbei, so I think I'm going to have some problems using him at first.

Anyway both Leo and Takumi come with me! Gonna main them in the game haha.

Now, why the special edition hasn't been anounced for Gameplanet Mexico yet :(

1 hour ago, Sire said:

On the music used...

Nohr Trailer - Seemed to be a mix of various songs. I want to say...

A Dark Fall (intro, but I'm not sure.)
Dusk Falls (around 0:40)
End of All (around 0:55)
The rest of the video I am unsure.

Hoshido Trailer - Definitely Alight.

Soundled like just A Dark Fall to me, but okay. Also, I love that these songs got in!

30 minutes ago, Nanima said:

For the last time. Can we please stop calling Sakura a straight up straight-up clone? Seriously, her bow movements are different if you cared to take a closer look. While similarities are pretty much unavoidable, I don't see people running around calling Cordelia and Hinoka exact clones of each other, despite their similarities, so can we please extend the same courtesy to Sakura? They showed of one attack string. One. We should postpone our full judgements until we see her full gameplay. 

I have been paying close attention, thank you very much. The attack string shown is the exact same one that Takumi has from the demo's. Cordelia and Elise have already been discussed as probably being clones of Hinoka and Leo respectively, there's no bias against her here. Looking at the gameplay we have I don't expect Sakura to go full clone because the combo strings Takumi does I don't see Sakura replicating.  Not like there's anything wrong with her being a clone in the first place because she'll be fun to play as regardless.

11 minutes ago, Namarid said:

I have been paying close attention, thank you very much. The attack string shown is the exact same one that Takumi has from the demo's. Cordelia and Elise have already been discussed as probably being clones of Hinoka and Leo respectively, there's no bias against her here. Looking at the gameplay we have I don't expect Sakura to go full clone because the combo strings Takumi does I don't see Sakura replicating.  Not like there's anything wrong with her being a clone in the first place because she'll be fun to play as regardless.

I apologize for coming on too strong there, I was just getting annoyed by people using the word clone so liberally. I agree that Takumi and Sakura have some striking similarities, but I think there will be more differences that we see later. The word clone is very often used derogatory way, which I don't necessarily agree with either, but it's the context people use it around here so I was responding to that.

Edited by Nanima

Sorry if what I said sounded derogative, I didn't mean it to be like that. I only meant that they do share similarities (which I expected), not saying that is a bad thing in any way because I really like Takumi's moveset. Also we haven't seen either of their full moves so they'll probably do more to differentiate with the different strong attack and combos. 

5 minutes ago, Torii said:

Sorry if what I said sounded derogative, I didn't mean it to be like that. I only meant that they do share similarities (which I expected), not saying that is a bad thing in any way because I really like Takumi's moveset. Also we haven't seen either of their full moves so they'll probably do more to differentiate with the different strong attack and combos. 

It's fine~ I wasn't trying to make anyone feel targeted here. It's just common gamer jargon catching me on the foot. Them being semi-clones is fine by me (and gives more credence to my training hcs), but I thought people were claiming them to be "the exact same" (which I now see wasn't true). I'll be really looking forward to finding out how each of them ticks.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

On the music used...

Nohr Trailer - Seemed to be a mix of various songs. I want to say...

A Dark Fall (intro, but I'm not sure.)
Dusk Falls (around 0:40)
End of All (around 0:55)
The rest of the video I am unsure.

Hoshido Trailer - Definitely Alight.

Listening in I'm very sure it's just A Dark fall all the way through. It keeps the general flow of the song throughout and you can hear notable cues from the original throughout the whole thing such as the instruments mimicking the original's choir at certain points such as at 1:30. It's especially the case since Alight clearly is the centerpiece song for Hoshido's and I doubt they'd mix in a bunch of songs for Nohr's music, but not Hoshido's.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder where the hell Azura is, she has a major connection to all of the Fates characters in the game so it's strange they'd just completely ignore her.

43 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I apologize for coming on too strong there, I was just getting annoyed by people using the word clone so liberally. I agree that Takumi and Sakura have some striking similarities, but I think there will be more differences that we see later. The word clone is very often used derogatory way, which I don't necessarily agree with either, but it's the context people use it around here so I was responding to that.

For all of the 'clone' characters, the normal strings seem shared, while the special attack, pair up special and Awakening special are different.  I believe at least some charge attacks are also not shared, but demos seem to have only given us one of each pair except Chrom/Lucina, which I wasn't paying enough attention to at the time to note the differences.

- Cordelia/Hinoka is the most noticable, since Cordelia's original trailer showed her entire normal string, which we later also saw on Hinoka in demos.  In these last trailers, Cordelia seems to be using C2 plus some aerial follow-ups, while Hinoka uses the normal string.

- Leo's gameplay here shows his C3 (the Fire blast, assuming I'm counting correctly) and C2 (the wind blast).  His first two attacks are identical to Elise's, who's gameplay shows either the full normal string, or her C5.

- Takumi's gameplay here was his C2 (arrow slashes) and C3 (rain of arrows).  Sakura's was the normal string, which Takumi was seen using in demos, just like Hinoka.

- Chrom's part of the Awakening trailer seems to be his normal string, while Lucina appears to show C2 and C3.

Since out of the clone pairs, one was using the normal string and one used C2 and C3 in these (except for Hinoka/Cordelia), I'm pretty certain that Elise's showed the normal string, which means Leo likely has Fates Mjolnir as well.

This is mostly to provide a general analysis of the clone pairs than really directed at you, but I do think saying they share 'striking similarities' is downplaying it a bit.  I think the only one I haven't really looked at is Lianna and Rowan, but I don't remember enough of their normal string to say whether they're a clone pair like these or not (I know they have different charge attacks and specials).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

9 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

For all of the 'clone' characters, the normal strings seem shared, while the special attack, pair up special and Awakening special are different.  I believe at least some charge attacks are also not shared, but demos seem to have only given us one of each pair except Chrom/Lucina, which I wasn't paying enough attention to at the time to note the differences.

- Cordelia/Hinoka is the most noticable, since Cordelia's original trailer showed her entire normal string, which we later also saw on Hinoka in demos.  In these last trailers, Cordelia seems to be using C2 plus some aerial follow-ups, while Hinoka uses the normal string.

- Leo's gameplay here shows his C3 (the Fire blast, assuming I'm counting correctly) and C2 (the wind blast).  His first two attacks are identical to Elise's, who's gameplay shows either the full normal string, or her C5.

- Takumi's gameplay here was his C2 (arrow slashes) and C3 (rain of arrows).  Sakura's was the normal string, which Takumi was seen using in demos, just like Hinoka.

- Chrom's part of the Awakening trailer seems to be his normal string, while Lucina appears to show C2 and C3.

Since out of the clone pairs, one was using the normal string and one used C2 and C3 in these (except for Hinoka/Cordelia), I'm pretty certain that Elise's showed the normal string, which means Leo likely has Fates Mjolnir as well.

This is mostly to provide a general analysis of the clone pairs than really directed at you, but I do think saying they share 'striking similarities' is downplaying it a bit.  I think the only one I haven't really looked at is Lianna and Rowan, but I don't remember enough of their normal string to say whether they're a clone pair like these or not (I know they have different charge attacks and specials).

I'd like to make an apology on my part since I had the "analysis" on the difference between Takumi and Sakura, claiming that their attack strings were completely different, and that may have sparked some of the 'clone' argument. I honestly had no clue about the demo footage that showed Takumi doing his string, and I am a Musou noob, so I couldn't tell that Takumi was doing some charge attacks, and I just assumed it was all a part of his string.

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

Soundled like just A Dark Fall to me, but okay. Also, I love that these songs got in!

19 minutes ago, Medeus said:

Listening in I'm very sure it's just A Dark fall all the way through. It keeps the general flow of the song throughout and you can hear notable cues from the original throughout the whole thing such as the instruments mimicking the original's choir at certain points such as at 1:30. It's especially the case since Alight clearly is the centerpiece song for Hoshido's and I doubt they'd mix in a bunch of songs for Nohr's music, but not Hoshido's.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder where the hell Azura is, she has a major connection to all of the Fates characters in the game so it's strange they'd just completely ignore her.

Going back and listening to it closer, I was way off about "Dusk Falls" being in the trailer music (my memory failed me, the part at 0:40 is definitely from "A Dark Fall"), but the small "End of All" segment is definitely referenced, both in the remix of "A Dark Fall" and the original version.

So yeah, the Nohr Trailer used "A Dark Fall" throughout. Apologies for making a mistake and possibly misleading some folks!

26 minutes ago, Medeus said:

If Azura is genuinely not in the base game (which would be baffling considering she'd be the best infantry lance user to go with if absolutely nothing else), I have to imagine she's being saved for DLC, with a Revelation set of History Mode maps

19 minutes ago, Konnor97 said:

I'd like to make an apology on my part since I had the "analysis" on the difference between Takumi and Sakura, claiming that their attack strings were completely different, and that may have sparked some of the 'clone' argument. I honestly had no clue about the demo footage that showed Takumi doing his string, and I am a Musou noob, so I couldn't tell that Takumi was doing some charge attacks, and I just assumed it was all a part of his string.

No worries.  Like I mentioned elsewhere, it's nifty that Takumi's C2 has pretty much zero lag that he can start his normal string again immediately after.  It means that he should have a somewhat easy time comboing officers.  If you aren't familiar with musou gameplay, and/or haven't seen Takumi gameplay from the demos, it'd be pretty difficult to tell that he was doing charge attacks instead of his normal string.

Also, I'm not entirely against the 'clone' movesets in this case.  Unique movesets would be better, but Fire Emblem focuses on classes, so I think the 'class moveset' with personal specials and charges works relatively well (if a bit disappointing from a hype standpoint).

Pretty good trailers over all. Sakura is definitely gonna be my main (If I can get the game that is ;__;), she looks really fun. In fact, they all do. Camilla also looks pretty good so I may use her a lot as well.

The fact the released these two gives me hope for the SD trailer or at least some SD reveals from the Direct.

Also, this makes me wonder, is Azura just not in? Cause I mean, other than Oboro, Mozu and Donnel, all of which I doubt will be in the base game, Azura is the only lance infantry from the three games, unless whatever armour we get from SD (More than likely Draug) is gonna be our armour and lance infantry. I hope Azra is in tho, it would interesting to see what they could do combining her dancing style and signing into her combos.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

Pretty good trailers over all. Sakura is definitely gonna be my main (If I can get the game that is ;__;), she looks really fun. In fact, they all do. Camilla also looks pretty good so I may use her a lot as well.

The fact the released these two gives me hope for the SD trailer or at least some SD reveals from the Direct.

Also, this makes me wonder, is Azura just not in? Cause I mean, other than Oboro, Mozu and Donnel, all of which I doubt will be in the base game, Azura is the only lance infantry from the three games, unless whatever armour we get from SD (More than likely Draug) is gonna be our armour and lance infantry. I hope Azra is in tho, it would interesting to see what they could do combining her dancing style and signing into her combos.

Considering Azura was technically not a part of Nohr or Hoshido, it would make sense why she was excluded from these trailers. I cant imagine she will be excluded from the game as a whole, she was literally the first character we got to see back when Fates was first announced. That and she is important to the story, and a part of all three routes. I just cant see her being excluded. She is just a step below from being the dual protagonist of Fates.

If I remember correctly they did say something about both an armor unit and an infantry lance user, but dont quote me on that.

Edited by Tolvir

Sakura's moveset doesn't suit her imo, I expected more slow/graceful moves, but how is that going to be possible if half her moves are from Takumi... I hope Azura is in, because I usually use characters with spears and I'm not liking neither Hinoka nor Cordelia, and I'm really having problems to see the differences between the two, more than any other semi-clone, which doesn't help because thinking about them bothers me (except Lucina because it makes sense that she has a similar style to his father).

Also, I know I have a bad day when it takes me more than 5 minutes to realize that the rescue staff wasn't creating soldiers but bringing them...

P.S. There go my hopes for scrolls...

28 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You probably won't have much of a choice at some point if you play any extra modes.

Only if the extra modes are similar to Adventure mode from HW or Chronicle mode from SamuraI Warriors 4, but those were the exceptions rather than the norm; in general, Warriors games don't restrict who you can use in the extra modes.

Anyway, the Hoshido trailer has just made me more hyped to play as Takumi, and it's nice to see that Leo has at least one attack that references Brynhildr. I think the swordies still look pretty boring, but single sword users in Warriors games as a whole I find to be very boring to play as.

Edited by AzureSen

4 hours ago, AzureSen said:

Only if the extra modes are similar to Adventure mode from HW or Chronicle mode from SamuraI Warriors 4, but those were the exceptions rather than the norm; in general, Warriors games don't restrict who you can use in the extra modes.

Anyway, the Hoshido trailer has just made me more hyped to play as Takumi, and it's nice to see that Leo has at least one attack that references Brynhildr. I think the swordies still look pretty boring, but single sword users in Warriors games as a whole I find to be very boring to play as.

History Mode seems like it will Limit your selections base md on the map but we don't have enough info to be certain 

Interesting that the Corrin genders are related to one of the factions. Well, I'm fine with female Corrin for my Nohr, I like the female Corrin designs much more than the Male Corrin options.

What really need to be able to do is pair up the two family members, which I'm sure we can. Ryoma + Xander pair up, what can possible stop you? Well, I suppose it depends on how big a deal the weapon triangle is in the game. Might be better to do Ryoma + Camilla for swords/axes. 

Speaking of Xander, is anyone else finding it hilarious how Xander spins around on his horse? LOL What is he feeding his horse? I'm all in on team Nohr so I'm quite happy with how they look. But seriously, Elise looks tiny on her horse. How old is she again? *cough* jailbait *cough*

If I fear anything is that characters with the same weapon type are going to have movesets that are too similar but I suppose the awakening moves will differentiate characters? Sakura's ability to summon an archer arrow barrage does look awesome.

Edited by wissenschaft

1 hour ago, wissenschaft said:

Interesting that the Corrin genders are related to one of the factions. Well, I'm fine with female Corrin for my Nohr, I like the female Corrin designs much more than the Male Corrin options.

What really need to be able to do is pair up the two family members, which I'm sure we can. Ryoma + Xander pair up, what can possible stop you? Well, I suppose it depends on how big a deal the weapon triangle is in the game. Might be better to do Ryoma + Camilla for swords/axes. 

Speaking of Xander, is anyone else finding it hilarious how Xander spins around on his horse? LOL What is he feeding his horse? I'm all in on team Nohr so I'm quite happy with how they look. But seriously, Elise looks tiny on her horse. How old is she again? *cough* jailbait *cough*

If I fear anything is that characters with the same weapon type are going to have movesets that are too similar but I suppose the awakening moves will differentiate characters? Sakura's ability to summon an archer arrow barrage does look awesome.

Honestly, that's not my fear, it's my hope. If they go all in with the clone characters, then we can have a ton of characters represented.

Clones = More characters.

More characters = Bigger roster.

Bigger roster = More 'bond' conversations.

More 'bond' conversations = More characterisation and entertainment.

I personally support clones, because at the end of the day, outside of gameplay, they're completely different characters, and that's what matters the most.