Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

(Gah. I've never made a topic before, and this is both stressful and exciting. No one's taken the initiative and done it yet, so here we go. I'll try to keep it up to the same standard as SoySoy.) 

Maps
Normal/Hard

Spoiler

d3c7png.png?1

Infernal

Spoiler

wFLr3lT.png?1

Infernal Stats

Spoiler

Axe Fighter (Bottom of the Map)

Spoiler

wlgNrTj.png?1

Robin (F)

Spoiler

AimN8yw.png?1

Lance Fighter 

Spoiler

7O8qMoK.png?1

Red Mage

Spoiler

7J1pxdn.png?1

Blue Mage

Spoiler

c7o9ory.png?1

Axe Fighter (Top of the Map)

Spoiler

Y5hvP50.png?1

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do my best to link as many strategies as possible here. If I miss you/you've got some helpful general strategies, feel free to tag/PM me, and I'll add you. Also, please tell me if something doesn't work properly/you can't see something. I'll fix it ASAP.

General Strategies 

• Skills such as Draw Back and Reposition are INCREDIBLY useful. (As a side note, you can inherit Draw Back from Fae, Nino, Sully, and Mae. And you can inherit Reposition from Selena and Barst--Summer Robin and Olwen too, but they're far more rare.)
  • Brave Lyn can practically solo hard and lunatic, but beware of the red mage in infernal. He comes with a -raven tome AND bowbreaker. 
  • On infernal, taking out enemies on enemy phase can be a bit more difficult because of the *insert type here* Blow skills.
  • BEWARE OF SPURS. If you're having trouble taking out an enemy by just a few HP, maybe try taking out someone else around them first. Separately, the spurs aren't that bad, but once they start to clump together, things get messy.

Member Clears

In the process of updating. >.> Stupid internet.

Helpful Videos

Edited by Rafiel's Aria

Brave Lyn tears the lower difficulties apart so thoroughly, the hard part is almost leaving Robin alive long enough for Sharena or your own Robin to get the kill. Anyone who picked her as the freebie just got three orbs for showing up.

Infernal, on the other hand, appears to be giving plenty of grief, and it's not really the fault of the new unit. If @Ice Dragon is correct and the difficulty of constructing Lunatic maps is what's causing the slowdown on reruns, the red mage's new Raven tome and Bowbreaker show they're clearly thinking hard about how Infernal is going to go down.

Like @phineas81707 wrote, BH!Lyn nearly solos the missions (GHB hard): 

Team: 4* F!Robin, 5* Sharena (4* needs support, see below), BH!Lyn (vanilla/neutral), Dancer

Sharena missions: Lyn kills the Axe infantry on player phase and both mages on enemy phase. Then Lyn kills the lance and is danced out of danger. Sharena hits Robin and tanks one hit before killing her. If Sharena is 4*, she needs a speed buff, a dance and either an ATK buff or Robins help to weaken up enemy Robin. 

F!Robin missions: Lyn kills the Axe infantry on player phase and both mages on enemy phase like before. Robin kills the lance (dance needed) and tanks an attack by enemy Robin. Now Ignis should be ready to finish enemy Robin of. 

/Edit I remember I used *5 Kagero on the last GHB run of Robin, i guess she could replace Lyn. 

Edited by mampfoid

I beat it rather quickly with a bladetome based team (infernal difficulty)

Standard quad-buff Ephraim with Lancebreaker 

Fury desperation Nino (+Spd probably required) 

Blade Lilina (Axebreaker needed)

Ninian (needs TA)

*Nino and Lilina need draw back as well

I start by having a buffed Lilina kill the top axe, then dance and retreat back into the starting area. Position Nino such that the red mage will move downwards.

Second turn, move Ephraim+Nino up and Lilina+Ninian down, having Nino bait and counterkill the blue mage, while Lilina baits F!Robin. Afterwards keep retreating and picking off the enemies. Lancebreaker keeps Ephraim safe from the lancer. At some point Ninian will have to tank a hit from the lancer and red mage, which TA is needed for.

Edited by Korath88

I appreciate that you layed down the stats for the enemies. I always find that useful, since I rarely find myself simply jumping into an Infernal without actual anticipation.

As to the topic itself, I think I'm slowly starting to warm up towards Fem Robin. Never had much of any fancy towards her, but after how they've butchered her character design on the Summer Banner, her actual design feels rather refreshing. It may help that I actually never got her in the first place.

I'll definitely agree that with Infernal, they're trying as hard as possible to make sure we don't use Horse Emblem to cheese it. I mean, Robin has the anti-horse emblem tome. 

For my strategy, I decided to be incredibly stupid. I wanted to use Raigh because....why not? I actually used him to clear hard, and he practically soloed it. He's not someone I usually rely on, so I gave it a go. We're not going to talk about how many times this strategy failed before I finally got it to work.

Characters Used:

Spoiler

5* Raigh (+SPD -DEF) Rawrblade+, Reposition, Iceberg, Darting Blow 3, No B Skill, No C Skill, ATK+1
5* Nino+1 (+SPD -DEF) Gronnblade+, Draw Back, Fury 3, Desperation, Hone ATK 3, No S Skill
5* Ephraim+1 (+ATK -HP) Siegmund, Rally DEF, Fury 3, Vantage 3, Hone SPD 3, No S Skill
5* Azura+2 (+SPD -HP) Sapphire Lance+, Sing, Darting Blow 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Drive ATK 2, Fortify RES 1

Note: I found Nino and Raigh's builds to be vital. Ephraim and Azura not so much. Neither of them ever see battle. Merges don't really matter either. 

The stupidest strategy ever:

Spoiler

1.) Before you begin, position your characters so Nino is at the top, Ephraim and Raigh are in the middle, and Azura is at the bottom. On your first turn, move Raigh to the edge of the danger zone and Kenny Loggins will bless you and put Ephraim right up behind him. Azura moves in at the bottom and Nino at the top so they form a T at the entrance. 

2.) On your second turn, move Raigh up to the top of the map, engage the axe dude and kill him. Move Ephraim down past Azura so he's out of the way. (Raigh doesn't need his Rally DEF). Use Nino to draw Azura back. Move Azura up to Sing to Raigh. And use Raigh to Reposition both of them out of harm's way. 

3.) On the next turn, the AI sends the remaining axe dude, lance dude, red mage, and Robin for Raigh. The blue mage has to come down the top of the map. Move Nino JUST out of his range. She isn't fast enough to take him out on enemy phase even if she can take a hit. Use Raigh to get one hit in on the axe dude. (He's right on the other side of the wall.) Move Ephraim down so he's in the curve of the wall. Use Sing on Raigh and nestle him in-between Ephraim and Azura. Everyone should be out of harm's way.

4.) On your next turn, the axe dude is in the entry way. From top to bottom behind him, I have the blue mage, lance dude, and Robin. the red mage is behind Robin. First, use Nino to get rid of that blue mage because Spur RES is annoying. She's down to 19 health. Next, I use Ephraim's Rally on Raigh just to be safe. Raigh finishes off the axe dude and Iceberg is ready to go. He tears through the lance dude. Buh-bye.

5.) On the enemy phase, the red mage goes for Raigh but can't double him. Raigh takes away about half of his health. Robin goes for Nino. She does about 12 damage I believe but can't double her. My  Nino is left with 1 HP after Fury's recoil. On your next turn, use Raigh to finish off what's left of the red mage. (The Hone from Nino is more than enough.) After that, you can use Azura to Sing him to finish off Robin with massive Iceberg overkill.

And that's how you use Raigh to almost solo the map. 

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Yorotsruu yorotsruu’s clear with a CYL Lyn, 4★ Olivia, 3★ Barst, and 3★ Selena:

This man is a goddamn TAS, and I don't mean that as a compliment. I'm watching at 0.5x speed to make sure I'm not missing anything, and it is painful. Doesn't help that I fail the strat a couple of times due to poor play, missing skills (first neither 3* had Reposition... and then it turned out Barst's Spur Attack 2 was mandatory)... and as it turns out, level 35 Selena doesn't cut it.

24 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'll definitely agree that with Infernal, they're trying as hard as possible to make sure we don't use Horse Emblem to cheese it. I mean, Robin has the anti-horse emblem tome.

That's nothing new, she always had that.

Beat it with Azura (replace with any WoM dancer with fortify res), Genny (replace with any ranged with low def and can pull aggro for lance), Anna, Nino (with summoner support and Hp seal, must not be -res cuz then you need merges and you need attack ploy on your ranged....like me).

Spoiler

1. Nino edge of danger. Azura behind. 

2. Nino kills top axe with Azura support, Anna repositions Azura to safety

3. Nino kills a mage. Azura teleports to Nino using WoM and kills the red mage. Anna moves in front of the axe user, causing a blockade. Genny attacks axe.

4. Nino procs draconic aura, killing Robin. With dance she kills the Lance too. Poor Axe user is the only one left and gets demolished by Anna + Genny

Maybe I'll try using more accessible units and post a new strat. We'll see how that goes. 

Edited by Kiran

I guess I'll post again here:

the quests were pretty easy, but Infernal was not. I managed to clear it with my team of Brave!Lyn, Nino, Ninian and Reinhardt though (Ninian had hone attack and didn't see combat, so Olivia should work just as well).

My strategy mostly revolved around hit and run strategies and killing the enemies as they entered through the choke point. It requires a bit of SI on Reinhardt and Lyn though, so the video is probably more relevant for those who have her (but I can still post my strategy if people want me to).

I'll see if I can figure something out without Reinhardt and Brave!Lyn.

1 minute ago, Soul~! said:

That's nothing new, she always had that.

I know! ^^ I'm just pointing it out. I think when she first came out, Horse Emblem wasn't really a thing. (Probably because it was pre-inheritance...I'm pretty sure.) Most of the time, my strategy involves letting Rein blow everything up. I'm sure you COULD do that here, but it's a little more dangerous.

26 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

This man is a goddamn TAS, and I don't mean that as a compliment. I'm watching at 0.5x speed to make sure I'm not missing anything, and it is painful. Doesn't help that I fail the strat a couple of times due to poor play, missing skills (first neither 3* had Reposition... and then it turned out Barst's Spur Attack 2 was mandatory)... and as it turns out, level 35 Selena doesn't cut it.

Trained up Selena and finished the strat myself. Selena somehow beat the Axe for me, and even though I stuffed up the motions again at the end (with putting Olivia in the corner where muscle memory says to make her dance), it worked out this time. I don't get this strategy, but it works.

EDIT: Meant to mention @Zeo and tell him I'm good.

Edited by phineas81707

Yeah my Fury, Vantage, Savage Blow, +Atk Kagero+1 paired with Brave Lucina made a joke of this map.  My Infernal team was Brave Lucina, Kagero, Olivia, Julia. Julia is there to kill female robin (Kagero is not able to one shot her and at that point her health will be too low to kill her otherwise) Olivia is there to dance once with Wings of Mercy,  Brave Lunica is there to put Kagero's speed into the ridiculous region (41 speed), and Kagero is there to kill things and chew bubblegum and she's all out of  bubblegum. The strategy is pretty simple all you do is you during the first turn put Kagero near the front entrance (but not in on the range of enemies) then the next turn move her to the top part (above female robin) of the map to kill the axe in front of the mages make sure to place Brave Lucina on the wall right behind her so she gets the boosts.  She will proceed to kill and vantage kill the rest of the mages in that area. It's pretty straightforward after that. If you need any more details I can give it but I think this will do for now 

Edited by Locke087

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Can anyone point me to a video recording app or function that I can use to show my strategy? I'm getting sick of typing up all these recounts of what I did to win.

I use a Verizon LG G5.

I'm pretty sure Android comes with one. Its in the play games app from Google. Or you can download AZ screen recorder from the app store. 

I had a pretty easy time with my usual team of Brave Roy, Ursula, Brave Lyn, and Ninian. Ursula ran in and then ran back out, then everyone picked off the enemies as they approached.

37 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Beat it with Azura (replace with any WoM dancer with fortify res), Genny (replace with any ranged), Anna, Nino (with summoner support, must not be -res cuz then you need merges and you need attack ploy on your ranged....like me).

Hide contents

1. Nino edge of danger. Azura behind. 

2. Nino kills top axe with Azura support, Anna repositions Azura to safety

3. Nino kills a mage. Azura teleports to Nino using WoM and kills the red mage. Anna moves in front of the axe user, causing a blockade. Genny attacks axe.

4. Nino procs draconic aura, killing Robin. With dance she kills the Lance too. Poor Axe user is the only one left and gets demolished by Anna + Genny

Maybe I'll try using more accessible units and post a new strat. We'll see how that goes. 

Nino needs to equip RES+3 instead of Fury, otherwise she will be killed by the red mage after 2.

After 3. Azura is killed by the Lance (or would be killed by Robin). What did you do differently? 

@Kiran I downloaded DU Recorder, it did what it needed to do (the second time), but I'll play around and see which of the options I was told works best for me.

Click the Spoiler for my run. This was the 3rd time I cleared the battle, the first time being unrecorded because it never occured to me to just record it, the second time I was trying to record but I learned later that the video froze halfway in, and the third time is what you will be seeing below.

Spoiler

This was hard when I was trying to be color balanced, first using my Brave Lyn, then Bridelia, and finally using Nino. Nino turned out to be the key to clearing the battle not just because of her nuking abilities, but because she also had Hone Attack 3, which let Eirika inflict the killing blow on the Red Mage Infantry where before the mage was left with 8 or 9 HP.

26 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Nino needs to equip RES+3 instead of Fury, otherwise she will be killed by the red mage after 2.

After 3. Azura is killed by the Lance (or would be killed by Robin). What did you do differently? 

Huh, does an unmerged Fury Nino still die from the mages even with Summoner support and Hp seal? Thought she lived with 1 hp. As for Azura, she's unreachable as she teleports in front of Nino. The only way to reach her is if the Lance moved so that Robin can snipe her across the water pit. However, since Anna is blocking the Axe dude and AI being dumb, the Lance dude harmlessly stands to the right of the axe and Robin has no choice but move to the right of the Lance to try to reach Azura next turn.

Edited by Kiran