Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

Well, I didn't have any epiphanies as far as replicable stuff, so I figured I'd just go all-out.

Edit: Please find a somewhat more replicable strategy which uses 4* F!Robin to KO enemy F!Robin here.

And now...

"Caeda Inverts the Death Trap": a battle in pictures (and words):

Spoiler

Team is:

5* +0 Hinoka (+HP/-Def): Skills irrelevant except for Hone Fliers.

5* +10 Caeda (+Atk/-HP): Brave Sword+, Reposition, Iceberg, Distant Counter, Desperation 3, Goad Fliers, Quickened Pulse seal, Summoner Support S, Ally Support S with Corrin: Novice Vacationer.

5* +10 Corrin: Novice Vacationer (+Spd/-Res): Sealife Tome+, Goad Fliers, other skills irrelevant.

5* +0 Azura (+Spd/-HP): Skills irrelevant. She literally took a seat at the sideline and broke out the bucket o' popcorn.

Starting positions:

Spoiler

hO8qWLB.jpg

T1: Caeda moves down one space. Corrin moves to her right and uses Reposition. Hinoka moves in to the left of Corrin. Azura does nothing.

Spoiler

u0fbA5F.jpg

T1 EP: The blue mage attacks first, and gets KO'd by Iceberg. Everyone else except for the Lance Fighter suicides into Caeda.

Spoiler

e0tgco9.jpg

T2: Everyone except Azura pulls back, because Caeda needs an Atk bump to handle the Lance.

Spoiler

DcU40P6.jpg

T2 EP: Lance Fighter advances.

T3: Caeda finishes the Lance Fighter, because Brave Sword/Desperation/Iceberg.

Spoiler

H25VskJ.jpg

+13/13/2/2 and god-tier Res > Death Trap

Edited by LordFrigid

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that like 9/10 infernal strategies require Bridelia, Rienhardt, or Brave Lyn kill me a little bit on the inside. 

I ended up clearing infernal with Soren, Celica, Linde, and Ninian. Soren with an S summoned support and Celica and Linde with S support. 

Lilina with Axebreaker, Ninian, Brave Axe Cherche and Sanaki cleared Infernal for me. Sanaki provided nothing but Hone Attack for Lilina to kill the top axe knight and a Draw Back  on Lilina to pull her out of the range of the blue mage. Ninian had to tank the blue mage once, and Cherche killed it and the lancer. Lilina did everything else. 

I completed Infernal on my first try with a Horse Emblem team, so I decided I would try to have fun and try to do it with another team. Here's what I came up with.

Horse Emblem: Cecilia (Gronnblade), Reinhardt, Xander, Camus. This team is fairly flexible, because Xander only positions and provides buffs, Reinhardt could probably be played by Olwen or Ursula, and Camus can be played by an appropriate blue mage. Cecilia is the most important player, so I'll call the strategy "Cecilia's Blade".

Spoiler

As it is, my team was Cecilia 4*+7 (regular Gronnblade, Draconic Aura, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, and Hone Cav); Xander 5* (Reposition, Quick Riposte, Hone Cav), Reinhardt 5* (Reposition, Death Blow 3, Fortify Cav), and Camus 5* (Reposition, Goad Cav).

tW0WKP6.jpg

Panel 1. Starting position. Everyone is buffing Cecilia's Gronnblade. She wipes out the Axeman. Reinhardt and Xander head south a few blocks, as shown in panel 2. End turn.

Panel 3 shows the start of turn 2. The blue mage should have suicided on Cecilia, and the red mage should have attacked her. So have Cecilia retreat next to Camus, and then Camus repositions her to safety. Xander moves up to tank the axeman, as shown in the right-most panel. End turn.

ShDh0hd.jpg

The enemy red mage should have suicided on Camus, and the axeman on Xander, and so the leftmost panel shows the start of the next turn. This is just a positioning turn. Have Reinhardt move a block right, have Cecilia run down, have Xander reposition her so that she is next to Reinhardt. The second panel shows this. Have Camus move to safety by moving up one block.

The third panel shows the start of the next turn. Cecilia, with full pony buffs, takes out Robin (and she needs at least Desperation 2). Xander moves south to let Reinhardt attack. Between Reinhardt and Camus, the blue lancer is done, and so is the battle.

----------------------------------------

The Horse Emblem answer was a bit too easy, so I wanted to try find some other solutions.

Here is a solution with 4* Nino and Olivia, and 5* Tharja and Eirika. Any dancer should suffice. And, probably, any good buffer could swap in for Eirika.

Spoiler

Qfen4u8.jpg

Panel one shows the start of the turn. Tharja should go and delete the axeman, and Eirika should move up, as shown in panel 2. From there, have Nino Draw Back your dancer upwards, and then have your dancer dance for Tharja. Tharja drops back to the chokepoint, and she repositions the dancer behind her.

Panel 3 (the middle panel) shows the where we should be so far at the start of the turn. Have Tharja move down & left, to strike the axeman through the wall. Your dancer should move below Tharja, dance for her, and have Tharja strike the axeman again. The fourth panel shows what this should look like. End turn.

Panel 5 shows the start of this turn.

jPOGf0B.jpg

Have Tharja delete the axeman, have your dancer dance for her, and then she repositions the dancer behind her. Have Eirika move a tile up. This position is shown in the leftmost panel here. And then have Nino move a tile up, and that's the end of the turn.

Next turn, I had Eirika rally Nino (2nd panel). I then had Nino eliminate the lancer, and Tharja eliminate the red mage, and then the dancer danced for her, as shown in the 3rd panel. Tharja then repositions the dancer, and the blue mage suicides on Nino. The final turn has Robin all alone, as shown in the last panel. The final killing is left as an exercise for the reader...

Hope this might help!

Used 5* Mae, and 4* Selena, Olivia, and F!Robin. It's basically identical to the other clears with a red taking 0 damage at the choke point, but this one will clear a quest (edit: two quests, actually)! =P .

A battle in pictures (and words):

Spoiler

The team:

Mae (+Res/-HP):

Spoiler

C0hcNIW.png

Selena (+Def/-HP, though full neutral works) with the Distant Def 1 seal:

Spoiler

b60qi5o.png

Olivia (neutral):

Spoiler

qdhNRkl.jpg

You can basically pretend that she's +0 with no inheritance, because she never sees combat and doesn't warp at all; I just forgot to take WoM off of her.

F!Robin (neutral):

Spoiler

BwDpi4S.png

So, I'm not going turn-by-turn because that would be painful. I'll give you the highlights.

First off is the standard chip → Dance → Draw Back initiation featuring Mae and Olivia.

Spoiler

C58LrcL.jpg6l6pHQ3.jpg

0yNiCrf.jpg

Selena and F!Robin do not move.

After the enemies advance, getting everyone to safety is a little fancy but not too hard. Basically, Selena moves up one tile. Olivia dances her from below, and gets Repositioned to safety. Mae uses Draw Back on F!Robin to seal the deal.

Spoiler

6rxdptl.jpgp8Zeiik.jpg

kw7s8ov.jpgqJfkGi0.jpg

After the enemies advance again, shove Selena in front of the Axe Fighters.

Spoiler

AnXvvy7.jpg

Olivia moves down one space afterward.

The first order of business is to take out the Blue Mage. Have F!Robin chip the Lance Fighter until Ignis is charged, then Reposition her to Olivia. Have Olivia dance F!Robin, and then have F!Robin retreat to the corner.

Spoiler

HQ58mym.jpgnmk5oz1.jpg

2VHDcwv.jpg

On the next turn, drop Ignis on the Blue Mage, then have Selena Reposition F!Robin out of range.

Spoiler

Fz1rIlr.jpgqPpcGmz.jpg

Chip the Lance Fighter one more time with F!Robin, then have Selena Reposition her to Olivia. Olivia dances F!Robin, who retreats to the corner again.

Spoiler

IuQpNsw.jpgazePKZF.jpg

ZAF4BX0.jpg5frCcSk.jpg

Finish the Blue Mage, charging Ignis, then Dance F!Robin, and have her run back to the corner.

Spoiler

QNT8Vpj.jpgBDvsBFA.jpg

vPom80d.jpg

The next order of business is to drop the Lance Fighter. That's easy enough, Mae just needs to hit him for a couple turns. After she gets it done, move F!Robin right one space, Reposition Mae toward Olivia, have Olivia dance Mae, and have Mae retreat to the corner. (Edit: looking back, Mae doesn't have to go to the corner. Feel free to keep her in place after Repositioning.)

Spoiler

ur813uV.jpgcsFsvNF.jpg

ojeR57J.jpgtGpz5MV.jpg

The red mage is the next order of business. Mae handles him easily over two phases. For some reason he ran down after the sequence from the spoiler above, but it's easy enough to fix, just stick Mae in his range.

Spoiler

RSqHveK.jpg

Have Mae finish off the Red Mage on the player phase, then use hit-and-run tactics to have her take out both Axe Fighters (chip, dance Mae, have Mae run up to the corner, rinse and repeat). After the first Axe Fighter goes down, F!Robin will start hitting Selena with 1s and charging Ignis. Don't worry. Too much.

After Mae wears down the second Axe Fighter, have Olivia dance her. HOWEVER - DO NOT RUN HER BACK TO THE CORNER. Reposition her down, and have her run out of range. Now, have F!Robin move to the corner.

Spoiler

ccBBt8C.jpgOBjzOmw.jpg

ekIdZPz.jpgxJME9aR.jpg

Have Selena chip F!Robin.

Spoiler

9jYDCRt.jpg

After F!Robin backs out and launches Ignis, have Selena chip her again.

Spoiler

uyGWo9Y.jpg

Have your F!Robin launch an Ignis of her own to seal the deal.

Spoiler

cEWPdUg.jpg

Fin.

4* Mae might work if you have her inherit a special, as a 4* Mae that isn't +Spd will fail to double the Axe Fighters (even with 2 -owl stacks) and will generally deal less damage. What I'm worried about is that you only really have a few turns of leeway before F!Robin takes Selena down (assuming not -HP Selena, you get 4).

Edited by LordFrigid
Image shrinking, various clarifications and notes.

@GuiltyLove @Arcanite @SatsumaFSoysoy:

I somehow beat it with CYL Lyn, CYL Ike, Celica, and Olivia. On my own, I must add, as many other strats didn’t really work for me.

STTAmQ7.png

Inheriting Reposition to Celica was worth it after all!

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I somehow beat it with CYL Lyn, CYL Ike, Celica, and Olivia. On my own, I must add, as many other strats didn’t really work for me.

STTAmQ7.png

Why was I tagged

Nice! I give all my mages Draw Back and that was enough for my team to beat it (Azura Xander Nino and Celica)

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

STTAmQ7.png

Didn't use Celica 0/10

I distinctly remembered struggling big time with this first time around...

Now I just use QP Galeforce Roy and Bow Lyn and suddenly the map becomes really easy. Maybe those Brave Heroes are a little too good...

I had a heck of a time with this. And boy do I hate being forced to use dancers.

Anyways my only leveled dancer(38) is Ninian. So I finally managed with Ninian, Draug(wall, my only changes to his normal kit was removal of Fury for obvious reasons and changing is C-skill to a hone defense instead of ward armor), Delthea, Brave Lyn. Basically Lyn was the only one in my roster who appeared to be able to handle Robin(though I did need the Distant Defense Seal) at a range. Plus I splurged and gave her reposition so she is one of very few ranged movers I have. I needed Del because she was my only mage who could handle both the blue and red mage. Standard Draug wall except after hitting the lance to charge her special Delthea jumps over Draug to tank a hit from the blue. The mages fall easy after that. Lyn basically sits in a corner while Del kills the mages and Draug drops the axes. Once the axe is weak enough it will die to Draug's next counter I pulled him up basically wedging all my guys up in the corner. It didn't take long for me to realize I kinda limited my options there so I hoped to all that is good that my math was right.

Ninian- Corner. Lyn beside Ninian. Delthea below Lyn. Draug below Delthea. Draug kills one axe on counter, but is out of range of blue lance. Robin however does have his number. Draug eats a fair chunk of damage, but not over half his total hp. Draug kills final axe. Lyn jumps to the middle opening and repositions Draug down and out of the way. Even if Robin hunts him he can survive one more round. Move Delthea down and kill lance. Dance Delthea and move her out of Robin's sights. Robin thinks Lyn looks juicy and attacks. Lyn survives with 2hp and has her special charged. Lyn attacks Robin and wins the map.

Given that Draug would just barely survive, this only worked because I have a +6 4star Draug. I find this map kinda annoying since you need a LOW attack unit to wall the choke point. Really makes me wish this worked like Vanguard Bandits. For those unfamiliar, If attacked you chose whether your unit attacks back(and how) or if you just try and dodge or if you actively defend to reduce damage taken. The game does have a fatigue bar though. Every action raises it, so if you are attacked by a lot of enemies/use exhausting defenses/etc you will faint. And fainting in the middle of battle while surrounded by enemies is . . . bad. This map though would be really like that system since it would greatly open up the number of units that can hold that choke. You could just choose not to murder them until you were ready to do so.

I use Jaffar a lot for these sort of quests, which is the only use I've found for him thus far.

His weapon & poison strike 3 nearly always leave the unit that needs to be defeated with the weaker/untrained character with 1 or few HPs.

Edited by Vince777

2 hours ago, Thany said:

does anyone remember the best way to get sherena to defeat a level 35 female robin?

Get her to lvl 40 5* and watch her destroy Robin? :P

You can encounter her during chain challenges as well aparently, so maybe that's easier for you?

23 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

How has Raourblade been on Katarina? I've been thinking of giving her that but Rauorowl has been doing its job so I haven't done it yet. 

Pretty good, honestly. The thing is, Katarina and Tharja's offensive stats are literally the same with neutral IVs, and there is little difference between the two:

Katarina has better utility as a mage tank and better passives, but if you "gotta go fast" usually Tharja is better. In my case, I like speed but my Tharja had shit IVs.

Also res-tanking seems to be the trend nowadays in arena, and Tharja cannot do that, ever, under any circumstance.

Summing up, my advice is "check your IVs". If one of the offensive stats has a bane, go mage-tank build, and you don't have to have a Blade tome, even though it would be ideal.

If it's a boon, definitely go RauorBlade+ and don't look back. 'Nuff said.

47 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

Get her to lvl 40 5* and watch her destroy Robin? :P

You can encounter her during chain challenges as well aparently, so maybe that's easier for you?

I forgot chain challenges was a thing.

2 hours ago, ShadowYoshi said:

Pretty good, honestly. The thing is, Katarina and Tharja's offensive stats are literally the same with neutral IVs, and there is little difference between the two:

Katarina has better utility as a mage tank and better passives, but if you "gotta go fast" usually Tharja is better. In my case, I like speed but my Tharja had shit IVs.

Also res-tanking seems to be the trend nowadays in arena, and Tharja cannot do that, ever, under any circumstance.

Summing up, my advice is "check your IVs". If one of the offensive stats has a bane, go mage-tank build, and you don't have to have a Blade tome, even though it would be ideal.

If it's a boon, definitely go RauorBlade+ and don't look back. 'Nuff said.

I lucked out because my Katarina is +Speed/-Def. She also has summoner support to hit 34 Res so she's been putting in a lot of work already. I have enough feathers to give RauorBlade+ but I tend to use my feathers for level 3 skills on 4 stars. I'll wait until I have a nice feather stock so I won't be left with nothing after I give her RaourBlade+. Which assist and special skill does your Katarina have? Mine has Ardent Sacrifice since she has Desperation but I've been thinking of swapping it out for something else.

6 minutes ago, tobuShogi said:

Which assist and special skill does your Katarina have? Mine has Ardent Sacrifice since she has Desperation but I've been thinking of swapping it out for something else.

Ardent Sacrifice, Draw Back, or Reposition are the standard choices for Desperation mages.

The biggest problem with Katarina's stat spread is that with Life and Death, she can actually die to a counterattack from Hector (also bow users), meaning you need to activate Desperation before attacking Hector. If you're running Life and Death, I'd stick with Ardent Sacrifice unless you commonly use Katarina to bait mages (and can therefore expect damage from that to activate Desperation). If you're using Fury, Draw Back or Reposition is probably better since you can use Fury to get Desperation up without needing the opponent to counterattack.

As for a special skill, you'd generally pick one of Moonbow, Draconic Aura, or Iceberg. Moonbow is preferred for shorter game modes, like the Arena, but it's often not necessary since the enemy would be dead anyways. Draconic Aura or Iceberg (depends on your A skill and which buffs you use) is better suited for longer game modes like Tempest Trials where you can expect the skill to charge and enemies have higher stats.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Ardent Sacrifice, Draw Back, or Reposition are the standard choices for Desperation mages.

The biggest problem with Katarina's stat spread is that with Life and Death, she can actually die to a counterattack from Hector (also bow users), meaning you need to activate Desperation before attacking Hector. If you're running Life and Death, I'd stick with Ardent Sacrifice unless you commonly use Katarina to bait mages (and can therefore expect damage from that to activate Desperation). If you're using Fury, Draw Back or Reposition is probably better since you can use Fury to get Desperation up without needing the opponent to counterattack.

As for a special skill, you'd generally pick one of Moonbow, Draconic Aura, or Iceberg. Moonbow is preferred for shorter game modes, like the Arena, but it's often not necessary since the enemy would be dead anyways. Draconic Aura or Iceberg (depends on your A skill and which buffs you use) is better suited for longer game modes like Tempest Trials where you can expect the skill to charge and enemies have higher stats.

I kept Swift Sparrow on her so I can sometimes have Katarina at full health attack Hector to activate her Desperation. Apparently not even a +Atk Hector can't take out a -Def Katarina, assuming no buffs that is. But he's usually the last unit remaining on the map so I can wither him down with BH!Lyn if need be and just Reposition her to safety. Most of the time I have Katarina tank non-blue mages and enemy BH!Lyn after a - 8 debuff from Atk Ploy 3 and Atk Ploy 1 sacred seal when surrounded by the team. She survives the hit(I believe she is left with around 10HP if Lyn is neutral attack after all Raourowl buffs and Atk Ploy debuffs) and I can take out Lyn on my turn and Reposition her out of the way if she's in danger. 

I also heard Glimmer might be worth looking into since blade tomes tend to have really high damage output but I feel like that's overkill if you're facing greens but doesn't do enough damage in situations when she might be forced to attack blues. I prefer Iceberg since she's got an above average Res stat but she doesn't have it yet since I have only pulled one Niles. She's not low on SP by any means so I can definitely experiment with her set. 

Edited by tobuShogi

4 hours ago, tobuShogi said:

I also heard Glimmer might be worth looking into since blade tomes tend to have really high damage output but I feel like that's overkill if you're facing greens but doesn't do enough damage in situations when she might be forced to attack blues. I prefer Iceberg since she's got an above average Res stat but she doesn't have it yet since I have only pulled one Niles. She's not low on SP by any means so I can definitely experiment with her set. 

Glimmer is never better than Draconic Aura unless Glimmer is all you have on hand. In any circumstance where Glimmer does more damage than Draconic Aura, both kill the opponent, and in any circumstance where Glimmer does less damage than Draconic Aura, Glimmer does less damage than Draconic Aura.

Did the brave lyn plus barst and Selena infernal clear. My Selena was 4 star and +Atk, but only level 37. Reducing her to just TA1 was enough for her to not kill the axe fighter too early. If she was fully leveled, I would expect her to be too strong thanks to her boon. Still need to do quests, but how hard can they be?