Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

14 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The strategy I copied used a pretty sparingly build Xander and Camus, a usual Reinhardt build, and a regular Gronnblade Cecilia (merged 4 star). I switched out Cecilia for my Lilina. There's another strategy that uses Xander, Reinhardt, Cecilia, and a 4 star Gunter. The second post of this thread as a whole list of different strategies. Not all of them are horse emblem, but you might be able to adapt a few. 

And already I have hit a problem. My Cecilia is only +1 merged, and fails to eliminate the axe fighter. And with a -Spd Gunnthra, I doubt she would be able to do it either. I've considered giving her Darting Blow to enable doubles but even then she lacks the damage, even with Hone Cav buff. And I have no Ninos to give her Gronnblade.

Edited by sdgj1994

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, sdgj1994 said:

And already I have hit a problem. My Cecilia is only +1 merged, and fails to eliminate the axe fighter. And with a -Spd Gunnthra, I doubt she would be able to do it either. I've considered giving her Darting Blow to enable doubles but even then she lacks the damage, even with Hone Cav buff. And I have no Ninos to give her Gronnblade.

Are you using Camus's Goad Cavalry as well? You may have to experiment a bit with S-seals. So you could give Cecilia +SPD or ATK if that's what she needs. No strategy will work the exact same way. It may be a matter of trial and error... 

17 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Are you using Camus's Goad Cavalry as well? You may have to experiment a bit with S-seals. So you could give Cecilia +SPD or ATK if that's what she needs. No strategy will work the exact same way. It may be a matter of trial and error... 

Speed +3 seal and Darting Blow 3 did the trick. I had to sack off a Navarre to give Cecilia Desperation 2 (I had no spare Shannas and like I was gonna make use of Navarre anyway), and then I was able to follow the strat exactly. Cheers as always for the help!

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Today's GHB is Robin. My personal run below.

Hide contents

TBH I was having a lot of trouble with this one, but that may have been because I'm practicing in insanity in thinking that if I keep doing the same thing, something different will happen. Also I'm waiting for a completely different game to be made available again, so I'm not exactly in it, but whatever it's done.

Infantry: Bridelia, Azura, Olivia, and PAzura. At one point I actually needed Azura to take a hit from the Red Mage, so thank god her default weapon is a Sapphire Lance+. Otherwise Bridelia cleaned house.

Flier: ToD!Nowi, HNY!Azura, Beruka, Catria. Beruka didn't really do much this time. She did take hits from the blue mage and Lance Infantry, but otherwise it was all Nowi nuking from range and Catria picking off at the end.

Cavalry: Brave Roy, Reinhardt, Frederick, Brave Lyn. Brave Roy was the crux, as he is the only of my Cavs to have Galeforce. With just his default kit + Distant Defense 3 SS, he one-rounded the top Axe infantry and retreated, did the same with the bottom one, then everyone shuffled back into their corners (Lyn the top corner, everyone else the bottom). Freddy one-rounded the Lance Infantry and was repoed by Roy, who unfortunately had to take a hit from Robin (hence why he had DD3), and from there the Blue Mage was picked off by Lyn, Robin by Roy, and the Red Mage by the Galeforced Roy.

Armor: WE!Tharja, Black Knight, Hector, and WE!Robin. I'd like to say Tharja tanked it all, but she can't take hits from the Lance Infantry, so I had to have Robin Repo her away and finish the job. Which he Brazenly did.

I copied (and slightly modified) some of your strategies, that helped because today I'm busy with TTs: 

Spoiler

Infantry: Since I don't have BB!Cordelia, my brand new pity breaker Innes had to do the job. He couldn't one-round everyone (melees buffed by drive def and the red mage with bow breaker would have survived). Olivia had to help him with Hone SPD/ATK. At one point Innes had to tank a hit by Robin and PA!Azura had to tank a hit by the blue mage and the lance melee. PA!Azura had to weaken up the red mage with a Draconic Aura to let Innes finish the job. 

Flier: Nowi cleaned house alone (with buffs and sing by Airzura), only the blue mage was weakened before Nowi finished him. 

Cav: The idea to give Roy his vanilla A-Skill was the key, thanks!. Reinhardt (Lancebreaker) killed the lance, therefore Frederick didn't do anything.

Armor: I actually finished this before reading your hints, but funnily I did the same with WE!Lissa instead of WE!Robin. 

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

I copied (and slightly modified) some of your strategies, that helped because today I'm busy with TTs: 

Hide contents

Infantry: Since I don't have BB!Cordelia, my brand new pity breaker Innes had to do the job. He couldn't one-round everyone (melees buffed by drive def and the red mage with bow breaker would have survived). Olivia had to help him with Hone SPD/ATK. At one point Innes had to tank a hit by Robin and PA!Azura had to tank a hit by the blue mage and the lance melee. PA!Azura had to weaken up the red mage with a Draconic Aura to let Innes finish the job. 

Flier: Nowi cleaned house alone (with buffs and sing by Airzura), only the blue mage was weakened before Nowi finished him. 

Cav: The idea to give Roy his vanilla A-Skill was the key, thanks!. Reinhardt (Lancebreaker) killed the lance, therefore Frederick didn't do anything.

Armor: I actually finished this before reading your hints, but funnily I did the same with WE!Lissa instead of WE!Robin. 

That's good. I probably could have specified the sets I used (Freddy was Brave Axe DB3, Nowi was Raudhrblade, etc etc), but hey you made it through! Don't expect confetti, I used it all up when I pulled Mah -tine Roy.

35 minutes ago, Thane said:

I've noticed a pattern with these revivals. Infantry and Horse Emblem are no problem, whereas my units explode when I try Armor or Flier Emblem. 

Horse Emblem has posed a challenge for me each time just because their space occupation freedom is limited compared to the other three, and also no dancer and my Cavs all have kinda bad defensive ability so... yeah it's tough for me. I make it through somehow anyways.

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Horse Emblem has posed a challenge for me each time just because their space occupation freedom is limited compared to the other three, and also no dancer and my Cavs all have kinda bad defensive ability so... yeah it's tough for me. I make it through somehow anyways.

The combination of Sigurd and Reinhardt is insanely strong, I feel, which has allowed me to just use raw power rather than strategy in many cases. Armor, however, I find much harder. If you take Robin's GHB for example, I don't believe there's any way for them to trigger the enemy without getting hit by three different attacks from three different colors.

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

That's good. I probably could have specified the sets I used (Freddy was Brave Axe DB3, Nowi was Raudhrblade, etc etc), but hey you made it through! Don't expect confetti, I used it all up when I pulled Mah -tine Roy.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

I just needed a poke for my TT-blured brain, so no more specific informations were needed.

Probably the best way to use confetti. I'm at 4% again after 2 pity breakers and a lot of 3*/4* healers. 

Fun fact about this map: Black Knight +1 with Hone Armor, Fortify Armor, Goad Armor, S support with adjacent ally, Vantage 3 (could probably get away with 2) and Pivot, can, on the the first turn of engagement, murder his way through everything other than the lance fighter. The best part about when I did this is my Goader was level 30 4* Eliwood. BK +0s can make up the Spd difference with a Spd Seal.

Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi
Forgot merge made a difference.

This wasn't too bad - 2-3 attempts for each of Flier, Infantry and Armour, didn't attempt Cavalry because I only want the orbs.

Flier: Elincia, Palla, Corrin, Airzura. Corrin takes a potshot at the upper axeman then gets the hell out of dodge via reposition dancing. The enemies all pursue to the chokepoint. Corrin finishes off the axeman through the wall, then tanks and kills both red and blue mages. Elincia and Corrin both flee to the top corner, Palla goes south one tile to kill the other axeman on the counter. Final turn Corrin kills the lancer with the aid of WoM dance and Palla takes out Robin. Elincia doesn't actively do anything here, no idea if her goad even affected anything.

Infantry: Olivia, ATiki, Tailtiu, Fjorm. Attempted to replicate the flier strat using like for like units. It didn't work out as planned because Tailtiu is no Corrin offensively. She needed a dance to kill the axe, and on the enemy phase couldn't ORKO the blue mage either. On the other hand, Tiki easily kills Robin through the wall, greatly simplifying the task of kiting the lancer to death through simple magic and dance.

Armour: Just swap shenanigans. DC Effie baits the upper tile, BK baits the middle one, no one on the lower one to avoid the Drag Back from the lancer. Second turn, BK runs the hell away, Effie takes the middle tile, Hector the upper one, Amelia the lower one. Enemies die.

1 hour ago, Thane said:

The combination of Sigurd and Reinhardt is insanely strong, I feel, which has allowed me to just use raw power rather than strategy in many cases. Armor, however, I find much harder. If you take Robin's GHB for example, I don't believe there's any way for them to trigger the enemy without getting hit by three different attacks from three different colors.

That’s correct, but Sheena or W!Lissa with the Distant Defense seal can survive the red mage and the rest to trigger.  Los Angeles Hector could probably do it as well if he was +Res.  In any event having an armor buffer behind them is very helpful.  

If they have Distant Counter all the better.

Edited by kcirrot

3 hours ago, kcirrot said:

That’s correct, but Sheena or W!Lissa with the Distant Defense seal can survive the red mage and the rest to trigger.  Los Angeles Hector could probably do it as well if he was +Res.  In any event having an armor buffer behind them is very helpful.  

If they have Distant Counter all the better.

My Amelia +10 basicly handled everything herself lol, BK Zephiel and Effie were just Goad foddering her while she sweped everything away with Aithir double attackes etc.

3 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Fun fact about this map: Black Knight +1 with Hone Armor, Fortify Armor, Goad Armor, S support with adjacent ally, Vantage 3 (could probably get away with 2) and Pivot, can, on the the first turn of engagement, murder his way through everything other than the lance fighter. The best part about when I did this is my Goader was level 30 4* Eliwood. BK +0s can make up the Spd difference with a Spd Seal.

Holy crap you aren't exaggerating, which is great because armor emblem was stumping me. That was beautiful.

Infantry took two shots because of positioning, but was mostly taken care of by Celica and Axura. Drive Attack was needed so that Celica could one round one of the axe units when she wasn't at full health, but other than that Micaiah kinda just sat there and Adult Tiki did nothing.

Cavalry took some weird positioning and swapping out Reinhardt for Eirika, but it happened somehow. Sigurd can take anything and Priscilla kept him topped off (though miracle did end up kicking in once), and Eirika and Lyn sniped enemies from behind the walls.

Flier took two tries (I'm really hating the cramped hallway GHBs) to figure out, and Elincia ended up needing to tank an attack from the blue mage (which is completely possible even with -res) but it happened.

Flier was the easiest, Armor Second Easiest, and Infantry the hardest. Didn't try cavalry because don't like to fill up barracks now when I have all year.

For Flier my standard H!Nowi/S!Corrin/NY!Azura/Filler team did it handily.

For Armor Tharja basically solo'ed the map.

Infantry gave me issues.  In the end Jeorge/Lillina/Ninian/Lute pulled it off. My problem was that at first I was trying to use PA!Azura and she kept getting ganked by the lance and a remaining mage. Ninian could survive both with 1 HP left. Boy am I glad I got the +1 merge just recently.

Lack of armor aside, this one was a joke regardless of team. First time I didn't had to use a stamina pot in a while.

For Flier Emblem the mages can't kill S!Corrin (she lives at like 2-4 HP) and from there the enemy crumbles down to the might of Elincia.

In Horse Emblem Sigurd baits while taking pitiful damage (F!Robin deals like 15 damage) and then Cecilia and Reinhardt clean everything.

Infantry is a bit trickier but having Nino with Draw back and a dancer is enough to kill the green axe and retreat to safety, the chokepoint makes it easy to snipe the enemy.

55 minutes ago, Hilda said:

And as usual, i finally get around to do Robin F Infernal, which wraps up all GHB done with the Askrtrio as units.

BTW Harsh command found its first use in a GHB lol

Enjoy

I wished I had put Harsh Command on the BK; Lissa took almost no damage but those darn axe fighters were a pain with their debuffs.

@Thane @Usana It's pretty funny how easy Flier was for you two considering it was the 2nd hardest for me. Maybe the lack of a green or red flyer mage but it was a serious headscratcher where as infantry was actually pretty simple. Armor was hellish. By far the hardest challenge, but Cavalry was deceptively easy even though I thought that would be the hardest. Also @Hilda Nice work putting the Askr trio to work as usual! Fjorm was holding that chokepoint really well for a while. You had a really close call at the end there. Crazy seeing everyone's HP so low.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Rezzy @DefaultBeep @Rafiel's Aria @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @eclipse @Johann @Fei Mao @Ginko

F!Robin... we meet again. When this infernal GHB game out it was the hardest GHB challenge I'd ever faced, even compared to Legion and Berkut. Even a Bridelia/Nino combo with dancers took ages to beat this map. So when it came back, I knew I'd have to tackle it with this team, and I did. Difficult at first, but after a couple of tries, about half a bar of stamina and I came out on top. It was hard, but not nearly as blisteringly difficult as it was before. I actually beat it a couple of different ways, but they were all so organic and hard to replicate that when I recorded I basically just let the chips fall where they may. This team really is magic, I can't believe I crafted such a synergetic team by chance. But enough gushing. This map used to give me nightmares, time for the showdown.

Glad to finally put this GHB behind me for good.

Infantry: Hero team. A real challenge, but one that was quickly overcome. Proper baiting and everything dog-piling on Matthew while limiting movement was key.

Cavalry: BH!Roy/Camus/Reinhardt/Cecillia. I'm really starting to discover how broken Brave Roy is. He killed the green axe at the top. After that Vantage Camus took care of the mages up there with the help of Goad cavalry. Picking the rest off was easy following that. Cecillia was mostly just there as a Hone cav bot, but she was able to take a single hit from F!Robin with no sort of buff which was neat.

Fliers: S!Corrin/Hinoka/Cherche/Palla. This one was pretty tough. I needed S!Corrin to be able to kill the green axe at the top which was really really tough considering she's -ATK, he had TA advantage and Distant Def and she can't proc a special right out the gate. I ended up needing to give her full flyer buffs, a Goad, Death Blow 2 and the ATK+3 seal in order to pull it off. After that she tanked and killed the mages and that was pretty much it for her. It was just a matter of positioning and picking off the bottom 3 units after throwing her to the top of the screen. I wasn't able to figure out how to finish it without F!Robin oneshotting Cherche, so I just slapped the Deflect Magic 3 seal on her and called it a day.

Armor: BK/Effie/Hector/ToD!Henry. Literal hell. Much thanks to @Tybrosion and Rafiel for their BK suggestions as I was stumped. Turned out giving BK a Fortify, Ward and Hone SPD along with the DD3 seal enabled him to tank the initial onslaught of enemies. After that it was careful mop up with some odd AI choices like attacking Effie numerous times with the red mage instead of killing Hector. Guess he just really didn't want to eat the counter hit. I should not have been able to beat the map the way I did, but I'll take it.

And hey, I may not always reply to your comments, but know that I appreciate you guys taking the time to check out a different sort of team and encouraging me to keep doing these videos. We've got one more day to go. Look forward to it.

Edited by Zeo

Once again, the armor quest was the toughest for me. Infantry was easy, I just threw Adult Tiki at it, and the enemies just suicide on her. I also post a strategy when Infernal first came around with Nino, Tharja, Eirika, and Olivia, for those looking for help with Infantry.

For Horse Emblem, I essentially used the same strategy I did before, except Cecilia was even stronger this time around.

For Flier Emblem, I deployed Airzura, S. Corrin, Elincia, and Cherche. I don't remember exactly how this one went, but it went pretty quickly. I don't think that Cherche actually did anything at all.

For Armor Emblem... ugh. This one gave me trouble. I managed to do it with BK, Winter Chrom, LA Hector, and Amelia. Both Chrom and Hector had Ward Armor and Wary Fighter, and BK needed the +3 Spd seal. The Distant Def seal was on Chrom, Chrom has Bonfire, and Amelia had a speed refine.

Spoiler

For this, I started by positioning BK next to the water, with Chrom and Hector giving him the Ward Armor buffs. Chrom was next to Hector. BK needed the Spd+3 seal to avoid being doubled by the blue mage. With the two Ward buffs stacked, BK could survive the initial onslaught with 3 HP.

On Turn 2, I had Hector move up a square, which allowed BK to pivot over Chrom. Chrom then moved up and took out the upper axeman. Amelia then moved next to Chrom. On the enemy's turn, the red mage attacked Hector, the lower axeman killed himself on Chrom, the lancer attacked Chrom, and Robin and the blue mage also attacked Chrom. Thank goodness for Wary Fighter!

On Turn 3, I had Chrom finish off the lancer, and Amelia took down Robin. Hector needed to Ward Amelia, so I had BK move down a space, and Hector swapped with him. If Hector had Pivot, he could just pivot over BK. On the enemy's phase, the two mages attacked Amelia. At this point, Chrom's Bonfire was charged, so he could finish off the red mage, while Amelia could take down the blue one.

If people want pictures for how I did the Armor clear, I could see about putting some up.

11 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

OMG. I totally forgot this was the map I used my silly convoluted strategy with Raigh. Totally worth it. For anyone struggle, I made a list of strategies/videos folks used previously. If you're having trouble, you can look at those for inspiration! I figured there had to be at least one horse emblem run among them, and I was right!

Infantry: Raigh, Nino, Ephraim, Azura
Armors: Black Knight, Effie, Hector, Amelia - It took me a few tries. BK needed SPD+3, a ward and a Fortify to survive the initial onslaught, but he did it!
Cavalry: LA!Lilina (with Gronnblade), Reinhardt. Camus, Xander - I borrowed @Astellius's strategy. :3
Fliers: Caeda, Summer Corrin, NY!Azura, Cordelia... Same as before. XD 

10 hours ago, sdgj1994 said:

Speed +3 seal and Darting Blow 3 did the trick. I had to sack off a Navarre to give Cecilia Desperation 2 (I had no spare Shannas and like I was gonna make use of Navarre anyway), and then I was able to follow the strat exactly. Cheers as always for the help!

Glad my strategy was useful for you both! :D

Armour has me stumped at the moment. I'll figure something out eventually, maybe some dumb smite+Armour march strategy 

Fliers gave me trouble until I realised that I could fling Myrrh over to kill the red mage and end the turn right there. She then kills every melee unit leaving just 2 mages to clean up.

Haven't tried the rest yet.

@Zeo great to see your revenge. Those dagger buffs really did well for you

Not trying too hard to complete all quests right now because TT is here, but I needed orbs so i just casually did infantry with halloween sakura, Nino, Axura and Sanaki. Actually tried Ephraim at first for Nino buffs but i forgot how cramped it is and that 3 units are green so that didn't go well. Then i replaced Ephraim with Nino's original partner in crime Sanaki and it was the Nino show from there. Halloween sakura didn't actually do that much except finish off one mage and buff Nino with Rally Attack near the end (i use Rally when training dagger units). Draw Back is really useful in this map and props to Axura's +Def/-Spd nature for allowing her to just tank and finish off one of the axe users when the enemies started to enter the chokepoint.

18 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Glad my strategy was useful for you both! :D

No problem! :D Once Summer Elise returns on a Legendary banner and when I pull her (IF is not an option! Saving orbs for this reason!) she will be getting a bunch of fodder and eventually I want to experiment with various tomes. F!Robin is key to giving her Gronnwolf+ (which will obvs be upgraded to Keen) and B Tomebreaker 3 while I’m at it (I have a spare 2* F!Robin so I will be able to give both).

Back to the GHB itself though. I managed to clear infantry as well thanks to PM1. Although I have a solid flier team with two mage fliers and Airzura, I will attempt the flier and armoured quests another time. Had my fill of this for today.