Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of easiest to hardest for me:

Cavalry > Infantry > Armour > Flier

My flier team is so poor, I'm surprised I managed to complete it at all. Cheesing reposition and drag back strats, farming the training maps for more SP for new skills needed (Replacing Fury 3 with Res +3 on Myrrh meant the difference between life and death in enemy phase 1, for example)... I simply cannot wait until I can permanently put my flier team to bed for the rest of the year. Could really use a good magical flier (Halloween Tiki, Summer Corrin) instead of Spring Camilla (trash btw), and maybe a flying dancer would be helpful too. Or even a certain superior red flier who uses Amiti - a superior Brave Sword. Would be nice.

38 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo your Matthew needs new challenges. Anyway it's impressive how he debuffs that Raventome mage and kills him with the second attack. 

Berkut, Legion, Arvis and Clarisse. Those will be the next really interesting challenges for that team. I'll probably do the BHB's as well. Those are interesting because there's more than one "Boss".

Maria and Minerva's BHB would probably be pretty tough too, with Maria's Miracle and Panic staff. 

Edited by Zeo

Bleh, I loathe this one the most so far. Infantry and Cavalry Emblem have failed me (...or I failed them). Probably going to give up on this one soonest and go for a guide -.- I'm leaving it for today though because bleh -.- 

This fight infuriated me originally. It also annoyed me playing Infernal the first time. As my first linchpin was her male version, it speaks volumes how good I actually am at this.

Infantry Emblem: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/7xjhdf/robin_flier_cavalry_armor_infantry_ghb_elite/

It was such a pain figuring out who could tank it in the others. Don't think I can do that with infantry especially as it's late, so said screw it and took Phoenixmaster's strat with a more powerful Nino and watched it burn.

Armour Emblem: 5* Hunktor, BK, 4* Draug, Wendy (+9)

Incomplete, Hunktor still showed up the original. So BK tanks the mages with DD3 and one WA (Draug), killing F!Robin and the axes, is then repositioned so that Wendy can tank and Hunktor distracts the red mage. Wendy takes out the lance, and is left with two mages not smart enough to tag team her and so the blue mage sits in front of her. Naturally, she kills the blue mage (Bonfire proc) and BK had WoNM to kill the damaged red mage. Reciprocal aid for BK was unnecessary, Hunktor didn't have WF 3 but that wasn't necessary. The only one I had to redo.

Horse Emblem: 5* Sigurd, B!Lyn, L'Arachel, Titania (Unchanged from previous uses)

Surprise first try clear. Sigurd distracts the northern units, then runs away. I pretty much then have Sigurd taking out the axes on defence, the Red mage is killed by L'Arachel and the lancer is easily taken out by Titania. Titania can tank F!Robin and runs back. B!Lyn attacks the blue mage, is repositioned and Robin moves in. She's beaten on player phase by Titania's Iceberg proc and B!Lyn finishes her.

Flier Emblem: 5* Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Newmilla, Valter (Same as Navarre, Xander, Narcian)

Every time I use this team, someone dies. Witch!Nowi starts by attacking the nearby fighter, is danced by Newzura and she moves her out of position. They all move in, Nowi takes out the axe fighter and the lance fighter with dance support and Valter is placed to take a magic hit, while F!Robin is 1-shot by Nowi. I move Valter in to fight, but he has to get help to finish blue mage, so the red mage is still alive, but nobody is in danger and Newmilla finishes him. First try too.

Edited by Dayni

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

Berkut, Legion, Arvis and Clarisse. Those will be the next really interesting challenges for that team. I'll probably do the BHB's as well. Those are interesting because there's more than one "Boss".

Maria and Minerva's BHB would probably be pretty tough too, with Maria's Miracle and Panic staff. 

Uh, I forgot Legions GHB exists. It was the first and only infernal I couldn't solve on its first run. There is no real choke point, I guess your Ayra will have to do some killing. 

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Uh, I forgot Legions GHB exists. It was the first and only infernal I couldn't solve on its first run. There is no real choke point, I guess your Ayra will have to do some killing. 

Nevermind that Legion's Axe is a hard counter to Matthew's buffs. The theme of killing the boss of the GHB's with Matt will probably be impossible with him.

I remember having to play defensively with Nino and how hard that was but it was fairly easy this time around. I decided to go on the offensive with NY!Takumi and have a dancer back him while Joshua tanks hits. It went pretty smoothly. I can’t imagine horse or flier Emblem going as great tho but I’ve yet to try.

With the Tempest Trials going on, I went for lazy map/quest clears, sticking an any-range-counter unit with decent bulk & firepower to the left of the center water tile (or in the Flier team's case, right on the center water tile). Infantry had Fae (Lightning Breath+/Aether/Steady Breath), Cavs had Leo (Rauðrblade+/CC/Vantage), Armors had Tharja (Rauðrblade/CC/Vengeful Fighter), and Fliers had Caeda (Wing Sword/Aether/DC).

For the cavalry quest, I needed to run Gunnthrá on top of full cav buffs to ensure Leo's survival; the blue and red mages tie for lowest Def. Chilling Seal is fair and balanced, I swear.

13 hours ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Fun fact about this map: Black Knight +1 with Hone Armor, Fortify Armor, Goad Armor, S support with adjacent ally, Vantage 3 (could probably get away with 2) and Pivot, can, on the the first turn of engagement, murder his way through everything other than the lance fighter. The best part about when I did this is my Goader was level 30 4* Eliwood. BK +0s can make up the Spd difference with a Spd Seal.

Awesome, I'd been trying to figure out how to pull it off but thankfully I have all of those things. Worked just like you said, and Hector cleaned up the last enemy. Thanks for the tip!

That just leaves cavalry to figure out, since that team can't use a dancer either. I'm not too concerned about the extra f!Robin, but I like knocking out whatever quests are available.

Edit: Cavalry was not as bad as I feared. I forgot how great Galeforce is.

Edited by Othin

13 minutes ago, Othin said:

Awesome, I'd been trying to figure out how to pull it off but thankfully I have all of those things. Worked just like you said, and Hector cleaned up the last enemy. Thanks for the tip!

That just leaves cavalry to figure out, since that team can't use a dancer either. I'm not too concerned about the extra f!Robin, but I like knocking out whatever quests are available.

Do you have Sigurd by any chance? Double CD Sigurd basically rolfstomped the map for me.

Cav was surprisingly easy, only one try, as was armor, only 3 IIRC. Infantry was a pain, but nothing was as bad as flier. My saving graces were Myrrh and Azura and even then it was a complete pain. A mage flier would be fantastic.

Also, unrelated, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's.

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Do you have Sigurd by any chance? Double CD Sigurd basically rolfstomped the map for me.

Cav was surprisingly easy, only one try, as was armor, only 3 IIRC. Infantry was a pain, but nothing was as bad as flier. My saving graces were Myrrh and Azura and even then it was a complete pain. A mage flier would be fantastic.

Also, unrelated, I'm not looking forward to tomorrow's.

Cavalry turned out fine. Roy stomped the axe fighter and ran back to safety with Galeforce, then Ursula and Gunnthra blew things up with their blade tomes. But Sigurd also sounds fun.

Edited by Othin

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Cavalry turned out fine. Roy stomped the axe fighter and ran back to safety with Galeforce, then Ursula and Gunnthra blew things up with their blade tomes. But Sigurd also sounds fun.

It was funny to watch. I was a little worried about it because of Robin's wolf tome, but then Sigurd was just like nope, still at over half health after tanking the entire bottom. I'm a little curious to try next time this runs to see if Xander could do the same in a pinch. He'd probably get messed up by Robin, but he's got a lot more physical bulk so maybe he could manage something.

Also, would like to add a general comment that WF/QR Hector is just the best.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Oops he did it again

Also this was basically my infantry emblem, swap Hinoka with some infantry and this will still work

Armors: used the Fury BK Hone Wardx2 Spur Spd 2 strat
Fliers: buffed Scorn into ORKOing the axe, tanked the 2 mages, and gradual retreated until i beat up everyone
Cavs: same deal as fliers but with Blarblade Olwen

Edited by Thor Odinson

I managed the Armor and Cavalry GHB Elite quests today.

Armor was pretty simple once I trained up Eliwood a bit. I just had my Love Abounds Hector with Noontime tank and Noontime-counterkill the entire map with Hone & Goad Armor, Fortify RES 1 and the Distant DEF 3 Seal (34 SPD means that I don't think anyone could double him, but he still had Wary Fighter because I didn't think to give him Renewal for maximum healing until after this challenge). Halloween Henry was also important though. Being my one Armor March unit, he gave Hector and Eliwood (who has Goad Armor, guaranteeing that Hector won't ever get doubled on this map and also making Noontime slightly stronger) the mobility needed to retreat once Hector tanked almost everyone (I think the lance and one of the axes couldn't reach him, but he took hits from all of the mages and +10Noontime'd his health back up).

Cavalry was a bit trickier, but Sigurd being a great tank made it doable. He went up at the chokepoint and (with 1 Ward Cavalry for support, which I'm not 100% sure he needed but I wanted to be on the safe side) survived the first turn, after which he retreated so he, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and Gunnthrá could kill everyone from within the left-side hallways.

Not sure how I'll deal with Flier quest, or Infantry, but I have a whole year to do those.

Apparently, my cavalry teams must really suck since that's been the hardest one for me for pretty much every single one of these.

That said, I ended up finishing this one with some janky-ass cavalry team:

+0 Camus [=] (Gradivus, Reposition, Growing Thunder, Grani's Shield, Goad Cavalry)
+8 Reinhardt [+Atk, -Spd] (Dire Thunder, Reposition, Blazing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Vantage 3, Goad Cavalry)
+10 Elise [+Atk, -Def] (Gravity+ [Dazzling Staff], Recover+, Kindled-Fire Balm, Attack +3, Wrathful Staff 3, Hone Cavalry, Distant Def 3)
+10 Brave Lyn [+Atk, -Def] (Mulagir, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Sacae's Blessing, Hone Cavalry)

Elise needs all three buffs to kill the axe fighter on top to open the map (overkill by 1 HP), which is pretty much the only reason why I brought Camus and Reinhardt along. She kills the blue mage on the counterattack, Robin two turns later, and the other axe fighter the turn after that. Double Goad Elise new meta.

18 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Not sure how I'll deal with Flier quest, or Infantry, but I have a whole year to do those.

I was positive I'd have to miss it this time since I don't have flying mages or Azura, and almost all of my 5* fliers are green, but I did figure out a way. Used Palla, Cherche, Michalis, and Minerva (all 5*, only Cherche was merged to +1). I had to defensively buff up Palla (using a regular Killing Edge cuz Ruby sword would get her killed) and have her lure everything in, and then pull back into the wings (splitting the team). I imagine using things like Escape Route and Wings of Mercy would make a significant difference, but I didn't need it.

Found out how to do a basic recording with the phone. So here's my Camilla's semi-solo (since flier buffs) I did for flier the flier emblem quest.

@mampfoid @GuiltyLove

https://my.mixtape.moe/wcnwql.MP4

I wanted to see her wipe the map in just 1 turn, but to be in range of everyone at once means getting hit by Threaten Attack from the axe fighter which throws things off. She lives just fine, but can't counter kill most of them after being debuffed. So the lance had to wait until the next turn.

Edited by Alkaid

Beat infantry in my main account with Axura and a triple blade tome team of Tailtiu, Nino and Katarina. Actually Tailtiu did the least and was more of a Rallybot and Drive Speed support.

Nino led the charge by attacking the top axe guy. Axura dances her and Nino Draws Back Axura. Tailtiu is at the top while Katarina waits at the bottom.

once the enemies move forward, Katarina deletes axe guy (50 damage times 2!) and then female Robin in enemy phase. Nino takes care of remaining axe guy while Tailtiu beats the red mage. After that it was a Nino cleanup.

bladetomes are the best

Edited by mcsilas

8 hours ago, Zeo said:

Legion maybe, but I could do Berkut with the Askrtrio + Fjorm so it shouldnt be a problem for your Team.

Maria and Minerva is easy, done with Askrtrio + Wrys without any Skill inheritance.