Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Nevermind that Legion's Axe is a hard counter to Matthew's buffs. The theme of killing the boss of the GHB's with Matt will probably be impossible with him.

The chance for Matthew to learn to use another dagger? Or you could try to boost his HP.  75 HP will be impossible to reach, time for a Phantom HP seal. 

/Edit: Never mind, Legion's Axe doesn't have a HP condition. 

3 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Found out how to do a basic recording with the phone. So here's my Camilla's semi-solo (since flier buffs) I did for flier the flier emblem quest.

@mampfoid @GuiltyLove

https://my.mixtape.moe/wcnwql.MP4

I wanted to see her wipe the map in just 1 turn, but to be in range of everyone at once means getting hit by Threaten Attack from the axe fighter which throws things off. She lives just fine, but can't counter kill most of them after being debuffed. So the lance had to wait until the next turn.

Wow, with that Camilla the map doesn't seem infernal at all. 

/Edit: Btw Camilla isn't even in Goad range. 

Edited by mampfoid

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

The chance for Matthew to learn to use another dagger? Or you could try to boost his HP.  75 HP will be impossible to reach, time for a Phantom HP seal. 

/Edit: Never mind, Legion's Axe doesn't have a HP condition. 

Never too late for Matthew to learn Silver Dagger+ or of course IS could just give him a legendary dagger through the refinery. That works too.

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Never too late for Matthew to learn Silver Dagger+ or of course IS could just give him a legendary dagger through the refinery. That works too.

Perhaps Poison dagger? But Ayra should already cover the Legions. 

@Zeo great job blocking path again! The dev always put bowbreaker on those raventome mage and never notice that they need daggerbreaker to shut your Matthew. On my playthrough, My S!Gaius team take 2 or 3 retries because I can't remember how did I clear last time. Armor team is the easiest with Burger King's Steady Breath, Vantage and QR seal. Cavalry is tough with that narrow movement. And I pass the flier team, not gonna touch these GHB maps until I get any good flier mage or Airzura. 

7 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Found out how to do a basic recording with the phone. So here's my Camilla's semi-solo (since flier buffs) I did for flier the flier emblem quest.

@mampfoid @GuiltyLove

https://my.mixtape.moe/wcnwql.MP4

I wanted to see her wipe the map in just 1 turn, but to be in range of everyone at once means getting hit by Threaten Attack from the axe fighter which throws things off. She lives just fine, but can't counter kill most of them after being debuffed. So the lance had to wait until the next turn.

WTF LOL

u gotta let me try her out next time ;)

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Perhaps Poison dagger? But Ayra should already cover the Legions. 

Matthew lacks the ATK stat to make a Poison Dagger+ work. That particular dagger relies the most on your unit's base ATK and he just doesn't have it. Ayra will have to cover Legion most likely unless Matt can score a killing blow, but the benefit of Rogue Dagger+ is that it still debuffs the enemy and buffs your allies, so even if Matt himself is panicked, he still buffs up his team, and we can work with that. Will be an interesting GHB, I look forward to it.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

@Zeo great job blocking path again! The dev always put bowbreaker on those raventome mage and never notice that they need daggerbreaker to shut your Matthew. On my playthrough, My S!Gaius team take 2 or 3 retries because I can't remember how did I clear last time. Armor team is the easiest with Burger King's Steady Breath, Vantage and QR seal. Cavalry is tough with that narrow movement. And I pass the flier team, not gonna touch these GHB maps until I get any good flier mage or Airzura. 

Armor was really tricky for me. Cavalry on the other hand was cake because Brave Roy 2 good. And yeah, what's going to happen is CYL is going to come along and Brave Celica is probably going to be the best Dagger unit ever, And then once she shifts the meta, then GHBs and BHBs will start having Daggerbreaker. As of right now there's no real reason for anyone or anything to have it, which is a boon for Matthew and a serious annoyance for him when units have it in the Tempest.

Edited by Zeo

My first complete fail, couldn't beat this map on infernal because no one could tank the fighters and all the mages. I couldn't even do any draw back shenigans because the wrong units had this skill.

I'm pimping Siegfried now and will give him the skill which reduces magic damage with the second attack. Hopefully this will do it for the next time...

8 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, with that Camilla the map doesn't seem infernal at all. 

/Edit: Btw Camilla isn't even in Goad range. 

Haha yeah goad wasn't part of the plan, I just threw Beruka in as the 4th so I could enter and didn't even think about it.  All I needed was basic hone/fort buffs!

4 hours ago, GuiltyLove said:

WTF LOL

u gotta let me try her out next time ;)

She's a big girl (for you). ;)

10 hours ago, 豊聡耳 神子 said:

My first complete fail, couldn't beat this map on infernal because no one could tank the fighters and all the mages. I couldn't even do any draw back shenigans because the wrong units had this skill.

I'm pimping Siegfried now and will give him the skill which reduces magic damage with the second attack. Hopefully this will do it for the next time...

I'm in the same boat. I don't even remember what team I beat Infernal Robin with the first time around. I could not get a win out with infantry or cavalry, flier wasn't even close, and I didn't bother trying armor, since I have no good full-armor teams to do any of these. At least we have a whole year to try it.

Finally did the armour one with BK, VLyn, Winter Lissa and VEliwood.

Lissa's Fortify Armour was key for BK to successfully bait with Distant Def seal.

Eliwood had Armored Boots and was mostly there to just be a mobile Goad Armour bot. The boots really helps in cramp spaces like these.

After the initial bait, everyone just moves back. I had Steady Breath on my BK, which allowed him to finish Robin quickly. My main account didn't have that so I'm currently struggling.

Lyn was useful in baiting and finishing the red mage quickly.

Winter Lissa then cleans up when it was only the lancer and blue mage left. Bless her nice Res stat and Bold Fighter.

Still trying to figure out a way for my main account. I have no Christmas knights though so none of those fancy Fighter skills.

Even Ike can't beat this map.
My hopes for getting any orbs are gone now.

Young Tiki was the only one who could survive first enemy Phase at least, but without good foot healer, she won't survive second turn.

Seriously I'm still considering to pass Ike's aether to Nowi or Young Tiki, but on the other hand he's a range weapon user too. Hmm...

Regardless this GHB map is absolute bullshit, no matter what.

Flier and armor are giving me problems big time.  I just need escape route fodder to be able to do armor perfectly, but flier emblem is driving me insane.  None of the videos for flier emblem I have found have helped much since I ether don't have the fodder or the right IVs.  Anyone have any tips?  My normal flier emblem team of Hinoka, Elincia, Michalis and S!Camilla/S!Corrin does not seem to work, I also have 5* Cherche, Beruka, Narcian, Valter, Clair and Cordelia.  I have 4*s of Palla, Subaki, Est, Catria, Caeda, Florina, Shanna and Camilla, but nothing I have tried seems to work. 

Edit: I beat armor emblem quest by buffing BK with hone, fortify and ward armor and having him slay everything not blue and C!Chrom took care of the blues, Draug and Effie provided buffs.  I just wis I could figure out flier emblem, maybe if I ever get H!Tiki I might be able to pull it off.

Edited by EricaofRenais

Finally managed to do the armour quest on my main account. Since my BK didn't have Steady Stance (and couldn't ORKO Robin) i had to improvise.

the winning strategy ended up being giving BK Escape Route 2 from my many Cecilias (1 would work as well). He ended up with 5 HP left in the initial round after a ward, Distant Defense and a Fort Armour buff from Eliwood. After baiting he flies next to Halloween Henry waiting in the back.

from there it was Henry sniping an axe guy across the wall and baiting Robin and defeating her. Fun fact, somehow a Fury 3 Henry can survive the red mage for 1 turn. BK Ward armour and S support also helps.

Vector was mostly there to so wait at the top. I improvised in my last run so I can't remember if Eliwood did much besides bait one of the final units, but Henry cleaned up at the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, that worked. Team of 5* New Year's Camilla (+Def, -HP), 5* Elincia (+Def, -HP), 5* Minerva (+Def, -Res), and 5* Valter. NY!Camilla has a resistance refined Kadomatsu+ and a Distant Def 3 seal, Elincia has Goad Fliers and a Drive Def 2 seal, Minerva has Wings of Mercy 2 and a Hone Spd 2 seal, and Valter has Goad Fliers and a Spur Res 1 seal.

This strategy was based on LomTai's strategy using 5* Caeda (+Atk, -Def), regular Camilla (+Spd, -HP), 4* +10 Cherche (+Atk, -Res), and 4* Cordelia (+Def, -Res). For skills, seals, and C supports being used, so this means what they have and excludes their default skills unless they were running it, Caeda has Wing Sword, Attack +1, a Close Def 3 seal, and a C support with Cordelia, Camilla has Wings of Mercy 1, Goad Fliers, and an Atk Ploy 2 seal, Cherche has Brave Axe, Wings of Mercy 1, and Fortify Fliers, and Cordelia has T-Adept 1, Goad Fliers and Spur Atk 2. Those are the bare minimum of skills LomTai used and there's some stat benchmarks in the video. Basically, the idea was to have Caeda tank the mages and counter-kill the axe fighters with the buffs from Camilla, Cherche, and Cordelia and the debuff from Camilla. Afterwards, Cordelia moves over to take out the red mage, Camilla uses Wings of Mercy to move to the tile where she can ORKO the blue mage, Caeda takes out F!Robin, and Cherche uses Wings of Mercy to move in front of Caeda to take out the lance infantry.

Here's LomTai's video.

Spoiler

Explanation of what I did in the spoilers.

Spoiler

I don't have a Caeda built up, so I checked if NY!Camilla could tank the mages with buffs and whatever else she would need. With just Distant Def 3, =Res NY!Camilla takes 27 from the blue mage, 16 from the red mage, and 5 from F!Robin. She's dead by the time the red mage hits her as she would have taken 43 damage. With a resistance refine, +Def, -HP NY!Camilla takes 23 from the blue mage, 12 from the red mage, and 1 from F!Robin. 36 total damage and +4 from the axe infantry, -7 defense from the blue mage on her and +5 defense with Spd Def Bond 3, leaving her at 1 HP. I had Elincia run Drive Def 2 and Valter run Spur Res 1 to make absolute sure she didn't die. I could have used Fortify Fliers, but I didn't want to inherit it onto someone, so I used a resistance refine instead. A Fortify Fliers buff would drop it down to 21 from the blue mage, 10 from the red mage, and 0 from F!Robin. 31 total damage and if she were =Def, +2 from the axe infantry since she'd suffer -7 defense from the blue mage, but have +12 from Spd Def Bond 3 and a Fortify Fliers buff. 33 total damage leaving her at 3 HP with -HP or 7 if she were =HP.

Anyway, Elincia was used in place of Camilla, Minerva in place of Cherche, and Valter in place of Cordelia. Elincia's Flier Formation essentially acts as Wings of Mercy in this strategy allowing her to move to where the blue mage is and attack them. =Atk Elincia with two Goad Fliers can 2HKO the blue mage as with WTD, she would meet exactly the attack required to do 26x2 against them. She'd have 59 attack which with WTD drops her down to 48 attack and the blue mage has 52 HP and 22 defense. I didn't inherit Goad Fliers onto NY!Camilla and I don't have access to Hone Fliers, so I used a Hone Spd 1 seal on Minerva to let Elincia double the blue mage. Default 5* Valter on the other hand, is 1 speed off from doubling the red mage, so in my strategy, I had Elincia take out the blue mage first so that Valter could be in range of Elincia's Goad Fliers. And Wings of Mercy lets Minerva cover for NY!Camilla. I say this since the lance infantry would have only been able to attack Valter or anyone else in front of NY!Camilla. I could have used Beruka, regular Camilla, Cherche, Gerome, Michalis, Narcian, or anyone else who could either ORKO the lance infantry or prevent the lance infantry from finishing NY!Camilla off. That being said, probably safer for whoever is being used to ORKO the lance infantry, especially if the flier being used to ORKO the red mage doesn't have high defense, has > 30 speed, and/or has WTD against them.

My backup plan in case this didn't work was to use さるGames's strategy of 5* Caeda (+Atk, -Def) with Smite and a Close Def 3 seal, 5* Michalis, 4* Palla (+Res, -Spd) with Reposition and a Distant Def 3 seal, 5* Valter with Escape Route 3 and a Speed +1 seal. I'm not exactly sure what the details are since Caeda isn't used for anything, but Smiting Valter to kill the blue mage and providing Fortify Flier buffs to everyone, especially Valter since he needs to survive and use Escape Route to continue the strategy and probably AI manipulation. If that's it, then I was planning on seeing if I could use a 4* Caeda who has Smite because of a different strategy for one of the other GHB fliers quests. I think it was one of Phoenixmaster1's. Anyway, here's the video if anyone wants to see it again assuming it was posted here already.

Spoiler

Sonuvabitch. I was hoping Myrrh could tank the hits, and she could have made it, but that red mage tears up her health (unsurprisingly). She needs some Res and Atk buffs. Morgan's Spur Def/Res is not nearly enough. Ugggh, I was hoping I could get away with this team. I don't have that many heroes trained up. ...Maybe if I swap in Soleil and Fjorm to stack with Morgan for the Drive/Spur buffs? And S Rank her with both Morgan and the Summoner? Gonna do some calcs and see.

I really want Robin so I can +2 the one I have. But I have literally never beaten an Infernal map before. I'm really bad at thinking outside the box. Welp, I guess it's time to start!

Of the daily rotation GHBs, this is the only one I have yet to beat on Infernal. They zerg you with at least three units. Does not help that the first non-seasonal flying mage is blue and therefore weak to F!Robin's B-Breaker - and does not help that F!Robin is just so smug.

I assume Draw Back is the positioning skill of choice here?

EDIT: LA Lyn and Hector, and Zelgius, won the Armor quest. LA!Hector is marched in, Zelgius Warp Powders in and swaps out.

Have yet to beat Lloyd Infernal, though that’s due to lack of interest.

Edited by Chrom-ulent

Well, that was an interesting turnaround...

I got around to dealing with this armourquest (at last). First attempt: Tharja gets chunked by the entire map attacking her. So I change some seals.

Second attempt: Tharja takes four damage from the entire map attacking her, and wipes them out in return (except for that one Lance Fighter, who walked into Hector on Turn 2).

I was not expecting this. It looked hilarious. THARJA WILL CHOKE THIS POINT.

This was a pain to clear with just Melee Fliers... Elincia was given Escape Route and Distant DEF 2 seal so she can survive. She also needs to be buffed to not get doubled by the Blue Mage.

After that it was luring them to their deaths and became the "Elincia and Cherche" destroys things show.

• 2 weeks later...

@Infinite Dreams @Poimagic @tobuShogi @mcsilas @DLNarshen @Zeo

This will be my last Infernal One Turn video for some time now, at least until Nowi & Tiki BHB arrive or until I get the necessary units to solve Ursula and Xander GHBs:

Another time there was some nerfing necessary. Roy had to take damage from both Axes to proc WoM, thus he had to unequip Desperation. Cherche wasn't able to kill Robin, so Elincia had to do the job, but with Fortress DEF to deal exactly 4 hits. On the other hand Cordelia needed a Hone ATK by Roy to kill the Lance. 

Recorded One Turn clears so far:

Spoiler

Lloyd (Infernal GHB):

Chrom & Lissa (Infernal BHB):

F!Grima (Inferal LHB):

Michalis (Infernal GHB):

Minerva & Maria (Infernal BHB):

Narcian (Infernal GHB):

Navarre (Infernal GHB):

I have done also Arvis at least, but didn't make a video.