Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

@NegativeExponents- AI brain farts at work yet again. If the lance fighter had attacked Joshua first the blue tome mage could have finished him off. I've noticed at this point if both an enemy melee and ranged unit are in range of a target, the ranged unit always attacks first. Not sure if you knew that, but it worked to your advantage. It was also satisfying seeing Niles laugh at the raven tome. Matthew can tank it, but 0 damage with no support is no joke at all.

My God the tanking... seriously is this a Matthew video? That Camilla has nearly the same DEF stat as mine, which, with a Fortify Fliers buff and ATK Smoke gives her identical physical bulk to him. She's a tome flyer, that's nonsense. I enjoyed the video but it made me more jealous than anything. Fantastic display indeed. Also recognize that theme on the 2nd video, can't put my finger on it. Must be a Guilty Gear or BlazBlue theme.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Zeo It’s actually not always, there are exceptions, the most notable ones being if the melee unit can kill the player or to protect the ranged unit by taking a special proc for them, but you’re right for the most part. Niles has a bit of support going +6 res from Axura’s dance/spur and +5 from the res/atk bond for 45 res. 52 if we take atk smoke into account.

Yeah, tome fliers were and still are ridiculous. Camilla can’t take arrows too well without sacrificing a slot to Iote Shield so Matthew is still a better tank. This is actually were the AI mystified me. If the lance user just moved out of the way F!Robin could have easily killed Camilla or Subaki but they just never move. “Lust Sin” is from BlazBlue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

My usual seasonal fliers team stomped this pretty easily. Not as much room to maneuver as I'd like, but dancers made it possible to stay far enough back.

Abyssal Robin in one turn: 

Went in with nearly the same team as for my Infernal clear, I only had to switch Azuras. OG Azura got Summoner Support to ploy the lower Axe Fighter and Robin. Had to switch a lot of skills and I had to kill Robin earlier because of her Drive SPD. A good chunk of SPD stacking helped here, SPD ploy, smoke, drive and Goad Fliers in combination. 

@LordFrigid 

@mampfoid

Yup, that sounds about right. I also had to break out a couple Brave Swords & Spd-related skills for the job...and definitely no dropping Caeda on the water tile this time =P . Like Infernal, I went through the top portion of the map to eat the damage from the Axe Fighter’s Glimmer.

@mampfoid Dang, you had to pull out some speed control skills to counter F!Robin's Drive Speed. 

I was worried about the red mage out-speeding my Cecilia but Goad Cavalry on Reinhardt was enough to prevent her from getting doubled by both mages.

Spoiler

13 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I still didn't beat Abyssal Robin... but I will not be angry if I don't. The Hand Towel accessory is one of my least favorites, and I can say the same thing about the golden version. Visually, it's doesn't appeal to me.

It...really looks like someone just peed on it. 

As for the Abyssal clear, W!Tharja was very helpful. Those axe fighters doing Glimmers out of 0 was fun to watch. 

• 4 weeks later...

I have a question regarding the Calvary Challenge (as I really really want to get that 4th Robin). 

Here is what I have. 
Swords: 
Edligan, Sigurad Chrom, Reinhardt

4*'s
Xander and Stahl

Lances:
5* Camus 
4* Berkut 

Axes:
4* Titania, Marth and Fred. Gunther

Magic:
Eirika
Olwen (Blue + Green)
Reinhardt (4*)
Ursula (4*)
Spring Catria
Celicia

Anyhelp would be great. I'm not sure if i have to use 40K to upgrade Ursula + Xander, but if it's together that Tome/Blue Tome breaker from robin....thanks in advance. (I am woeful low on SI as well) 

Edited by daisy jane

25 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

I have a question regarding the Calvary Challenge (as I really really want to get that 4th Robin). 

Here is what I have. 
Swords: 
Edligan, Sigurad Chrom, Reinhardt

4*'s
Xander and Stahl

Lances:
5* Camus 
4* Berkut 

Axes:
4* Titania, Marth and Fred. Gunther

Magic:
Eirika
Olwen (Blue + Green)
Reinhardt (4*)
Ursula (4*)
Spring Catria
Celicia

Anyhelp would be great. I'm not sure if i have to use 40K to upgrade Ursula + Xander, but if it's together that Tome/Blue Tome breaker from robin....thanks in advance. (I am woeful low on SI as well) 

Ursula can probably be replaced by Olwen or Spring Catria if they're fast enough if you don't want to promote her. Apparently Camus also works with with Distant Def Seal and Fortify Calvary. I do see a lot of people using Xander.

I see this Guide without Xander but it requires a bit of seal work and 5* Marth (not sure if 4* will work).

I'm trying to test some teams out

• 1 month later...

After Michalis its time for the thoughest one ghb yet in my opinion. Robin's GHB has so little space and so many different mages that its hard to get much done. The non mages can also take a lot of damage

Broy ensured everyone started moving, Sanaki tanked greens and Levin's special spiral really proved useful in taking out all the other units. The final red mage was the biggest problem, but he was easily dealt with by just beginning a turn later. That way Roy got the +attack wave boost when facing off against the red mage.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @daisy jane @Azuris @Alexmender @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @Baldrick @Quintessence

Old Matthew Clear:

Spoiler

F!Robin... we meet again. When this infernal GHB game out it was the hardest GHB challenge I'd ever faced, even compared to Legion and Berkut. Even a Bridelia/Nino combo with dancers took ages to beat this map. So when it came back, I knew I'd have to tackle it with this team, and I did. Difficult at first, but after a couple of tries, about half a bar of stamina and I came out on top. It was hard, but not nearly as blisteringly difficult as it was before. I actually beat it a couple of different ways, but they were all so organic and hard to replicate that when I recorded I basically just let the chips fall where they may. This team really is magic, I can't believe I crafted such a synergetic team by chance. But enough gushing. This map used to give me nightmares, time for the showdown.

First off I want to apologize as I've been blowing up everyone's notifications recently. I know this is a lot. It's just that we're getting so close to the end and I don't want to leave anything undone. We're almost there.

Being that F!Robin is M!Morgan's mother, this map had to be revisited. More importantly though, I was completely satisified with my Matthew clear, I didn't want to come back with them, not even for Abyssal. So I resolved to clear that difficulty with Morgan so he could take down his mother at her best. A resolve I didn't end up needing as the map fell in less than 10 minutes. F!Robin's formation was intimidating but her son's strategy prevailed. The power of Pain+ in combination with Grima's Truth buffs shutting down the clustered formation was the very essence of trivialization. The biggest challenge was selecting the song for this map, it ended up being between the one I used and another. It was really close, but it's more than likely the song I didn't pick will be used on the Morgan clear for the new LHB which will likely be Eir (MHB?).

There there a few snags, but they were easily fixed by simply putting SPD+3 on Morgan to avoid a double from the blue mage, Vantage to scare the red mage away from attacking him, and a simple Swap on Amelia to provide the necessary wall. GG Mom.

Now let's wrap things up with a special clear. It's an Awakening clear inspired by a song I ironically didn't even end up using, but still worth it. I wanted to call it a "Tacticians" clear, but considering we have units like Saias in the game it would have made for confusion, so it's simply another FE13 clear.

Despite the indirect nature of the units I used, it ended up being very much a Matthew oriented clear. You'll understand why when you watch.

And that's a wrap for Robin.

10 hours ago, Sasori said:

Broy ensured everyone started moving, Sanaki tanked greens and Levin's special spiral really proved useful in taking out all the other units. The final red mage was the biggest problem, but he was easily dealt with by just beginning a turn later. That way Roy got the +attack wave boost when facing off against the red mage.

Cool, Roy was important in the beginning and in the end. Robin dealing so much Ignis damage to Sanaki was not to be expected. Good timing with the wave, I can't get used to that type of skill yet. 

Congrats! 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

First off I want to apologize as I've been blowing up everyone's notifications recently. I know this is a lot. It's just that we're getting so close to the end and I don't want to leave anything undone. We're almost there.

Don't worry, I enjoy your clears - these two are no exception. Perhaps I won't be able to respond much in the next 48 hours (travel day). I'll check in now and then, but would save longer responses and watching videos for later. 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

GG Mom.

Abyssal stats are silly, it's getting obvious when Morgan can't kill an Axe Fighter in two rounds combat (incl. Luna). 

Clever way to use Vantage defensively. Morgan sure showed to his mom how much he has grown (twice). 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

so it's simply another FE13 clear

Parallel families clear? 

Four top-tacticians together:

"Ok, how do we proceed?"

"Who draws the shortest straw has to do the Matthew" 

"Classic, let's go!" 

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Landmaster @Nanima @daisy jane @Azuris @Alexmender @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @ruruo @Baldrick @Quintessence

Old Matthew Clear:

Hide contents

F!Robin... we meet again. When this infernal GHB game out it was the hardest GHB challenge I'd ever faced, even compared to Legion and Berkut. Even a Bridelia/Nino combo with dancers took ages to beat this map. So when it came back, I knew I'd have to tackle it with this team, and I did. Difficult at first, but after a couple of tries, about half a bar of stamina and I came out on top. It was hard, but not nearly as blisteringly difficult as it was before. I actually beat it a couple of different ways, but they were all so organic and hard to replicate that when I recorded I basically just let the chips fall where they may. This team really is magic, I can't believe I crafted such a synergetic team by chance. But enough gushing. This map used to give me nightmares, time for the showdown.

Being that F!Robin is M!Morgan's mother, this map had to be revisited. More importantly though, I was completely satisified with my Matthew clear, I didn't want to come back with them, not even for Abyssal. So I resolved to clear that difficulty with Morgan so he could take down his mother at her best. A resolve I didn't end up needing as the map fell in less than 10 minutes. F!Robin's formation was intimidating but her son's strategy prevailed. The power of Pain+ in combination with Grima's Truth buffs shutting down the clustered formation was the very essence of trivialization. The biggest challenge was selecting the song for this map, it ended up being between the one I used and another. It was really close, but it's more than likely the song I didn't pick will be used on the Morgan clear for the new LHB which will likely be Eir (MHB?).

There there a few snags, but they were easily fixed by simply putting SPD+3 on Morgan to avoid a double from the blue mage, Vantage to scare the red mage away from attacking him, and a simple Swap on Amelia to provide the necessary wall. GG Mom.

Now let's wrap things up with a special clear. It's an Awakening clear inspired by a song I ironically didn't even end up using, but still worth it. I wanted to call it a "Tacticians" clear, but considering we have units like Saias in the game it would have made for confusion, so it's simply another FE13 clear.

Despite the indirect nature of the units I used, it ended up being very much a Matthew oriented clear. You'll understand why when you watch.

And that's a wrap for Robin.

The 2nd clear was very much Morgan ft Robins and F!Morgan who attack one enemy each which amused me to no end. That goes to show how well Morgan suits this map on his own. Standard Morgan team all went down to the Skills keeping him and Priscilla alive at the end. He and Matthew solo this map rather easily~