Grand Hero Battle: Robin (F)

Rafiel's Aria

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@mampfoid oh wow Fortress Def Elincia new meta haha. When i first heard i thought you were gonna go the bulky Elincia route like I did against Ursula haha

I'll give her DC to solo Ursulas map on EP.

2 hours ago, mcsilas said:

but yeah good job. Interesting how you have to nerf to proc GF. Fortress Skills have another use!

Thanks! 

Nerfing ATK is necessary to proc GF, but also nerfing DEF is necessary to proc WoM. Sadly there is no other way (other than LnD) to lower the DEF of a unit. Roy is my only GF unit able to reach the first opponent on turn 1. If there wasn't an other melee unit to lower Roys HP, no WoM shenanigans would have been possible here. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

@mampfoidThis was a rather interesting video. Props to you. I do wonder why you needed Fortress  Def, then I realized it was to prod Galeforce

Thanks! Yep, I needed to lower her ATK with Fortress DEF to not kill Robin too fast.

Look forward to tomorrow, I think I found a way to solve Ursulas GHB in one turn. Featuring Roy (with Lunge), Azura (with DEF Ploy), Camus and Sigurd (with DC). 

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid That was surprisingly simple. GF + WoM 2 gud. Brilliant as always. How many units do you have with Galeforce exactly?

Thanks! 

So far only 4 GF units (Roy, Cordelia, Cherche, Elincia). Next units will be Oscar and a green Cav (Alfonse if I ever get him, or Titania +SPD). 

/Edit: Another option would be a Dragon, If I need to deal magical damage. For instant GF he/she would need a dance or Heavy Blade + QP. 

Edited by mampfoid

@mcsilas I've never seen a cav lance with Galeforce so that would be pretty cool. Good luck! Seems like F!Corrin would be the best choice for a Dragon as she's the fastest one (well.. she was until F!Grima came along, but she's much easier to fish for natures obviously).

38 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas I've never seen a cav lance with Galeforce so that would be pretty cool. Good luck! Seems like F!Corrin would be the best choice for a Dragon as she's the fastest one (well.. she was until F!Grima came along, but she's much easier to fish for natures obviously).

Don't have F!Grima, she would be cool since she flies floats. But F!Corrin is more likely, like you wrote a good nature would be easier to get. 

I'm considering to make a Topic to collect everyone's One Turn clears or to help others to do their own if there aren't any yet. Like you can see in my clear of Ursulas map, GF units are only one part of the necessary toolbox. Also Dancers, EP units and DC units are important. Now that I think of it, those could also get GF ... where are my Cordelias?

On 4/4/2018 at 3:59 AM, mampfoid said:

@Infinite Dreams @Poimagic @tobuShogi @mcsilas @DLNarshen @Zeo

This will be my last Infernal One Turn video for some time now, at least until Nowi & Tiki BHB arrive or until I get the necessary units to solve Ursula and Xander GHBs:

Another time there was some nerfing necessary. Roy had to take damage from both Axes to proc WoM, thus he had to unequip Desperation. Cherche wasn't able to kill Robin, so Elincia had to do the job, but with Fortress DEF to deal exactly 4 hits. On the other hand Cordelia needed a Hone ATK by Roy to kill the Lance. 

Nice job. Units being too powerful can work against you sometimes, especially when for one turn Galeforce runs as they careful planning of the Special cooldown. 

1 hour ago, tobuShogi said:

Nice job. Units being too powerful can work against you sometimes, especially when for one turn Galeforce runs as they careful planning of the Special cooldown. 

Thanks!

I was finally able to do the flier emblem quest with 5* Narcian with savage blow 2 SS, glowing ember and WoM 1, S!Corrin, 4* Palla, and Caeda with distant def 3 ss, unrefined wing sword, glacies and escape route 1.  I did use a youtube video since this one was one of the hardest of the elite quests for me.  I just have to say I Love Caeda and her wing sword since she is the only flier I have who is able to tank mages.

6 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I was finally able to do the flier emblem quest with 5* Narcian with savage blow 2 SS, glowing ember and WoM 1, S!Corrin, 4* Palla, and Caeda with distant def 3 ss, unrefined wing sword, glacies and escape route 1.  I did use a youtube video since this one was one of the hardest of the elite quests for me.  I just have to say I Love Caeda and her wing sword since she is the only flier I have who is able to tank mages.

I already wondered if WoM and Escape Route could help me out doing it... But I don't want to waste my inheritance resources like that.

Anyway, at least I managed to beat the horse emblem quest before going to bed yesterday with Cecilia, Elise, Sigurd (+DD3 seal) and B!Lyn. Sigurd tanking the first round, repositioning and healing was the key here.

10 hours ago, pullofthebush said:

I already wondered if WoM and Escape Route could help me out doing it... But I don't want to waste my inheritance resources like that.

Anyway, at least I managed to beat the horse emblem quest before going to bed yesterday with Cecilia, Elise, Sigurd (+DD3 seal) and B!Lyn. Sigurd tanking the first round, repositioning and healing was the key here.

I have been pulling mostly green lately so I have been flooded with Frederick and Cecilia is a common pull as well, so I have lots of WoM fodder.  Escape route on Caeda was a must as well as WoM on Narcian but you might be able to get by with just escape route on Caeda if you are careful.  Caeda is worth the investment since even with -res she can tank mages.

Thanks to reducing the stamina cost down to 0 for these maps, I took the initiative to try harder to clear these maps since you don't really lose anything if you happen to fail the battle. So last night I finally beat the map on Infernal, with my team made up of Winter Tharja, Deirdre, Male Morgan, and Inigo. Now it's time to move on to finishing those pesky quests for the battle...

21 hours ago, EricaofRenais said:

I have been pulling mostly green lately so I have been flooded with Frederick and Cecilia is a common pull as well, so I have lots of WoM fodder.  Escape route on Caeda was a must as well as WoM on Narcian but you might be able to get by with just escape route on Caeda if you are careful.  Caeda is worth the investment since even with -res she can tank mages.

Thanks, I need space in my barracks soon, so maybe I'll try it out nevertheless. I enjoy my +RES Caeda quite a bit, it's just that she's so squishy which can be annoying. 

Finally managed to beat this with horses.  Team was Elise, Reinhardt, Camus, Leo.  Leo with Axebreaker and TA2 kills the upper axe and thanks to his new PRF effect can tank the mages on enemy phase.  He retreats to the hallway, healed by Elise, and continues to tank everything while Reinhardt chips away at the enemy numbers until its down to the lance, where Camus takes over tanking before Reinhardt beats it. 

I forget what I did with my cavalry team last time this rolled around, but I know it was Sigurd, Reinhardt, Brave Lyn and Priscilla.

Armors, on the other hand, I cleared with today because of IntSys' "brilliant" AI.

Robin and Black Knight just about sum it up.

M!Grima did a solo clear of this map. I'm very proud of myself, because I am usually terrible at this game.

[FEH] Grand Hero Battle: Robin (Infernal)

...How do you embed a YouTube video? The usual HTML method does not work here (or, at least, not for me).

Edited by Reddazrael

@LordFrigid Lazy? That's impressive, she didn't even needed Fortify Fliers a self-healing special. At 2 HP there were still 3 opponents left, good they were all green. Also a good use of Guidance (I've never used that skill so far). . 

The Galeforce based clear has some resemblance to mine, even if you took the upper route. 

Congratulations on both! 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally did it with my fliers!

I gave L!Robin the QR3 seal and gave her A Support with Caeda, then she received both flier buffs by Caeda and Est and Minerva's Ward Fliers and Drive Defense 2 seal gave her enough bulk to tank the map.

Looking forward to try out Xander again now... I doubt the same tactic works there, but maybe Clair with her shiny new weapon changes things up a bit now.

@Zeo @mampfoid @mcsilas @Rafiel's Aria

Well this is late, not that that’s unusual or anything for me.

I usually record only the one I like for these but I couldn’t decide between infantry or flier so I did both.

Originally this was solved with the Soup Lord because bowbreaker raven tome was scary but it turns out it’s nothing Niles can’t handle. Joshua’s windsweep actually comes in handy here as avoiding as much damage as possible is necessary here. Lucina is just there as best cheerleader.

Music is “Trick and Baroque” and “Sadistic Eyes”

This wasn’t supposed to be so Camilla centric, but with her being the living roadblock she is, that’s just how it worked out in the end. Subaki was chosen over Florina because he already had Goad Fliers a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶n̶c̶h̶w̶a̶r̶m̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶o̶v̶e̶. Plan D.W.B., Distract With... Bunny, is successful.

Music is “Logic and Trick” and “Lust Sin”

Edited by NegativeExponents-