Your Biggest Mistakes

BoringBoi

We've all done it. At one point or another, we've made some dumb mistake in this game that has cost us something. Did you inherit a bad skill onto your hero? Did you promote a bad hero into 5 stars? Did you mess up your arena streak?

Reply some of your dumbest moments. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have quite a few. Many of these bother me to this day.

• Sent home my only Ryoma just for feathers (to be fair, I never planned on using him).
  • Back when I was still new at this, I inherited Poison Strike onto a Camilla because since she had a low attack stat, I didn't think she'd do much damage without it. 
  • Promoted a 4 star Peri into a 5 star one because... I wanted to use Peri. However, I didn't bother to check her nature until after promoting her. I now have a -Atk/+Res 5 star Peri.
  • I make poor choices when choosing what units to summon for. I go by whatever character looks the best or which is my favorite. Because of that, I have an overabundance of Blue units which makes it hard to balance my teams. That also means that I ignore my chances to summon for units like Hector and such.
  • I raised a Selena from 3 star to 5 star for no other reason than the fact that I liked her as a character. Since then, I've invested more skills into her than I'd like to admit. Even then, she's hardly a 'good' unit.

Gave Michalis a cancel affinity 2 because I thought it was reversing the triangle but when I understood the skill..I was like..Yeah okay. 

And that's the only thing I did haha or sending homes characters with good skill..Then one day after, update for skill inheritance. Yeaaaah! 

I had like 5 hinatas before SI, sold them all. Now I can't even get a single one.

On a less extreme note, I didn't understand how desperation worked so I gave desperation 3 to Sophia. 

Edited by Mighty V

Last voting gauntlet I was on team Ike. I expected the multiplier to hit somewhere after midnight eu time. I was quite tired already when it came. Before the battles I deleted all red units from the friends list - I wanted to be sure☺. Anyway, the first battle was easy but the second one gave me two ephraims and I somehow lost the battle. Like I said I was tired and when I lost I was probably disappointed or something - so much so that I completely forgot about the possibily of using a lights blessing and didnt click on the continue button. This has cost me 400 feathers in the end.

Not too many but enough:

• Wanted Hone Cavalry on Frederick and saved up just enough SP to get it. Fed him Gunter for SI and went to buy the skills. Got Hone Atk 1/2 but couldn't locate Hone Cavalry. Was thoroughly confused and bought a Fortify Def skill, thinking I had forgotten to get Hone Cavalry and wanted a placeholder skill 'til I got another Gunter. Went back and happened to scroll all the way to the bottom of his skill list and saw Hone Cavalry chillin' at the very bottom of it.
  • Sent home 5* Lyn. Was a crappy nature, though.
  • Sent home 5* Fir by accident. I wanted to use her Killing Edge+ for my Hinata.
  • Blew through all my Hinata fodder when SI first debuted. I have a hard time pulling him now. So many units want Fury.
Edited by saisymbolic

Honestly the biggest mistake I've made since launch was when sending home the free 1 star versions of every character. I kept donnel and Olivia since I knew I would want spares of them, but I should have also kept gunter. I have enough units to make multiple cav teams, and hone cav is a good generic skill for them.

Probably several, but I recently promoted a 3* Eliwood all the way up to five during this Tempest despite pulling a Lyn. To be fair, he was useful and I kind of like Eliwood so I wouldn't call it a waste (similar situation with Chrom), but kind of redundant given how many swords I have...including Brave Roy who I used a lvl. 40 4* Eliwood to give a horse buff earlier. 

Edited by Arthur97

My biggest regret so far would probably be merging my two (off-banner) Minervas before knowing about boons/banes. My current one is +HP/-Def, which is not completely terrible, but I can't stop thinking about how much better the other one could have been. I could've even used my spare for Life and Death fodder, although I'm less upset about that because I did it before Skill Inheritance was a thing, and I like Minerva enough to be okay with merging. Another regret that's not quite as bad is using my second (off-banner, again) Azura for SI, before realizing that having two Azuras could actually be useful in some modes. At least I still have an Azura at all, I suppose.

Bigger one: believing that 370 were enought to summon Innes... And that 230 orbs were enought to summon Summer!Leo... I got no one of them

Leaving a side my salt, mmmm well, I send my first free Olivias (from rotation maps) to home because they didn't had Dance! I was like "I got a bad Olivia! She can't dance! better summon one with Dance skill!" . Yes, I didn't know that she can learn Dance as a 3* ...

Also, I have made lot of mistakes on maps and Arena that cost me the fight... Specially with characters that have Swap, Pivot and Reposition... I end using the skill when I don't wantto use it!

5*ing Lilina and Tiki. They're still good to use. It's just that those 40k feathers could've been put towards others I'd use more.

Warding Blow on Atk- Shanna when SI was released. I ended up using her for Desperation.

Renewal on Priscilla. Not terrible but could've been put on someone better.

My mistakes?

Probably my biggest is believing this game was similar to core Fire Emblem games. Thinking there were percentage-based Growth Rates, that every skill had equally applicable use, giving a lot of my units Noontime and Sol after Skill Inheritance was released, not believing in IVs, I even for a time thought that Falchion had an effect on Flying units who were mounted on dragons (Cherche, Camilla, etc).

It took a while for me to become the bitter and educated creation you see now.

Two ones I can think of: 

Giving my Lukas Iceberg... 

I meant to give him bonfire but did it too early on in the day and got the two mixed up >.< I thankfully realised before spending the sp but after actually using up the unit, who could have gone towards my Summer!Gaius instead. 

Recently, I've messed up a perfect Arena Assault run on the very last map by thinking I'd already given my Ike swap. I used Olwen to kill someone who was a step away from a CYL Ike, who in turn had a Nowi behind him... Went to swap with Ike and cried as my entire team was wiped out >.< 

Incidentally, my Ike now has swap... even before he's learnt all of his natural skills xD 

Edited by Cute Chao

I suppose this could be chalked down more as bad timing and not so much as a mistake, but I sacked an extra 5* Boey to give Chrom Earth Boost 3 before Boey got dropped to a 4-5* pull and before I knew that a 4* Boey could also pass along Earth Boost 3. I also finished last month's 10th Stratum Armor Emblem task the day before the re-roll function was added to the Training Tower.

Other than that, I've made a few dumb SI decisions such as giving a -Def Seliph Bonfire and giving a -Res Eirika Iceberg. Nothing too major though, thankfully.

Early game ignorance. Didn't know about natures and merged my 2 Fredericks into a +HP/-ATK Frederick. My +1 Frederick collects dust to this day, only to come out during Arena Assault to sit in the corner because everything ORKO's him and he can't kill anything himself.

Here's another one of mine:

* I inherited a Tomato Tome from a spare Summer Leo onto a Raigh since I wanted to use him... Then I got another character I wanted to promote and inherited that Raigh (which also had Iceberg) onto my now 5 star Peri... That has -Atk...