Your Biggest Mistakes

BoringBoi

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Lushen said:

I wasn't really thinking and 5*'d a Robin because I needed to give my Summer Corrin a blade tome. 

Whoops.

Spoiler

f4ef8ddea45090c66d7a2a9245950b3835e8f30d

Sorry I had to. You just made my day.

Biggest mistakes? I guess while I'm here...

• 5*'d a Navarre for Desperation fodder (in my defense, I rarely pull Shanna, and I'm not about to fodder away my +Atk/-HP one).
  • Sent home the wrong Draug. Whoops
  • Spent $200 for Leo (got him immediately after Round 1 of mage gauntlet, after placing 46th in the entire army). No regrets, worth every penny.
  • When the barracks got to squishy, I merged an F!Robin for SP when I could've sent home an Est.

That's all I can really think of.

Here are my most memorable mistakes:

Sent home my free neutral units.

Not whaling for SF!Camilla.

I accidentally gave one of my Setsunas Life and Death when my main one already has it.

Attacking SF!Camilla [Gronnraven, Triangle Adept] with my BB!Cordelia without checking Camilla's skill set first. I run Cancel Affinity now since it happened a lot.

Edited by XRay

Also I think I used the wrong Palla for Inherit Skill one day, I had two 4 star Pallas and used one for WoM + Moonbow for Olivia.

Then after training my remaining Palla for the Alm and Celica Bond Battle, I found out the one I had was -Spd which ruined the strategy of the video I was following.

So now I trained up the next best Palla I have, a -Atk/+Spd for the flier quests from 3 star to 4 star. Bane sucks but at least its better than -Spd which has more losses and less wins.

I sent back most of my Ninos before I realized how good Drawback could be. I did promote a +Spd -Res Nino to 5* however.

Giving Hector Wary Fighter (from Effie) to combat SF! Camilla, not realizing that stops his QR from working.

5 hours ago, Silith13 said:

Does spending orbs on CYL banner count? 240 orbs for nothing. (Technically not true. Got a Perfect IV 5* Lukas at the end but still)

Yoo, let me second this one. I've wasted so many orbs, and some money, for not a single CYL unit and only 2 5* on the set that broke my pity rate. (Cordelia and Effie)

Using my first 2 Selenas for skills not named reposition 

Giving Hone Spd to a unit I would end up sacrificing

Giving Nino blue tomebreaker for some reason even I don't recall

Poor management of my desperation fodder. I think I may have used a Shanna for iceberg once. And now I don't have any left to give Katarina desperation 3

Edited by Korath88

5 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Using my first 2 Selenas for skills not named reposition 

Not a mistake. She also has Threaten Spd 3 which is the only other reason you'd forgo Reposition. I've done it at least once. I did make the mistake of using her for TA2 on a unit without giving them Reposition though so that counts.

While on that subject, I made the mistake of giving my Masked Marth Threaten Speed 2 and Reposition... before remembering I wanted her to be Repo. Aid healer. But not before wasting SP...

So now I have a Reposition I'll probably never use.. and Threaten Spd 2. And if I want 3... I have to waste.... another... Selena.

I keep lifting my finger off the screen too early, often leading me to placing a unit infront of an enemy that they're weak to.

...Forgive me Eliwood...

Edited by Lau

Probably giving Sheena that anti armour protection skill. It looked like a good idea when I first played the game, but now I realise there are barely any anti armour weapons and the units that wield them aren't exactly top tier material either. I remember it being expensive too.

Other then that I sometimes accidently end my units turn by tapping on them twice.

Edited by Sasori

1. Sending home 2-3 Hinatas before Skill Inheritance was a thing. I was plagued by the guy in my early days, and now he is nowhere in sight...

2. Inheriting and learning skills on Anna before realizing that build was a terrible idea and she wanted a different one... (rip Chrom and SP)

Sending home every 1* character I had. Would have really liked another Gunter for Hone Cavalry, or Hana for Life and Death.

Feeding GHB characters for skills. I fed a F! Robin to Xander (I think) for Ignis, and an Ursula to Reinhardt for Death Blow 2. I had a Klein lying around, but I wanted to keep at least one of every hero.

My mistake was feeding 5* F!Corrin to Ninian for Dark breath after she broke my pity rate on the Sanaki banner (whom i never got). I used Ninian a lot in TT and the change of her weapon didn't make a difference in any situation I encountered. 

The other one was using Hinata for giving Ruby+ to Olivia even if I got enough Pallas and Stahls. 

Even if it was comfortable at that time, i now regret to have merged the copies of Xander and Camus at 4* to learn their inherited skills faster.

I decided to lovingly raise my first Hana, since she was one of my first 4* units, ever.  Life and Death made her too squishy, so I kept it off.

Turns out she's +Def/-Atk.  Oops.

You will not believe it, and will probably hate me for this, but...

- I sacrificed a 5* Neutral IV Minerva to give L&D3 to my Bridal Cordelia (-Atk/+Spd) simply because I didn't have any Hanas around.

- I also sent home a bunch of Hinatas for feathers before SI was introduced, god I wish they would let you give up feathers to bring them back would've been nice.

- Also I killed my +HP/-Def 5* Olwen to give Reposition to my Camus just to do the E&E GHB on Infernal difficulty, so yeah.

These are all mistakes indeed, and I wish I hadn't done them.

Definately among my dumbest mistakes this week is that I actually sacrificed a perfectly good Nino (4*) to Brave Lyn in my desperate  bid to make her more survivable during the latest Grand Hero Battle.

It's stupid because I killed off a perfectly good Nino for a skill that I in-the-end never even employed; I ended up getting Warding Blow from Shanna (I think) and wound up using that instead.

And to think, the week just started.  Who knows what other retarded things I might do?!  For instance, I just plunked down $65 in credit into a wholesale premium currency brokering service called Pay Less 2 Win for a 240 orb pack, and I'm actually betting that I just wasted that cash!  w00t I've lost all semblance of sanity and am drunk on grief!

Edited by Selena4Lyfe

2 hours ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

And to think, the week just started.  Who knows what other retarded things I might do?!  For instance, I just plunked down $65 in credit into a wholesale premium currency brokering service called Pay Less 2 Win for a 240 orb pack, and I'm actually betting that I just wasted that cash!  w00t I've lost all semblance of sanity and am drunk on grief!

I would not use that site. It is very shady. It could get your account banned if the Orbs were illegitimately obtained.