Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm fucking pissed.

This implies the leak is real, and that means we won't get Ike who is surely more popular and would've brought a more unique moveset.

This also makes me like Lyn less than I already did. And I disliked her before this. I dislike Elibe a lot too.

I'm sorry, but this is honestly how I feel. Nothing against Lyn fans, I just think Ike fans just got slapped in the face really hard.

Edited by Anacybele

So at this point Azura's chance dropped from about 80% to maybe 10%. Which pisses me off a bit because out of every Fates character, she was the one I was really looking forward to playing. Yeah "could be more on the roster they arent showing, still have TGS" but it makes no sense. None at all compared to everything they said. 

Not going to complain too much, its cool to see them go outside of the 3, but I find the choices odd to say the least. At this point who knows what the hell we are getting. If the leak is to be believed, SD gets fucked over and Celica gets in.

The attitude some of Lyn's fans show over this is not exactly inspiring fond feelings (I don't mean "Yay, I am glad she is in.", but "Yeees, suck it losers. Fuck you, got mine!"). 

Anyway, I am incredibly disappointed at SD getting shafted so hard. Besides Caeda and Tiki, I was hoping to see Merric or maybe Gordin. That bubble got burst pretty hard here.

I like the other characters from the leak at least, but jesus... the PR for this game is just terrible.

Not exactly my favorite character, but hey, I'm happy for her fans, of which there are many. 

One has to wonder if this was planned early on or if this was a result of the CYL poll, people's reactions to only a handful of games being represented, or something else. I mean, will she have a role in the main story? 

I'm more excited about (hopefully) Celica being in over Lyn, personally. She has at least a loose connection to Marth and the SD cast, but Lyn feels really out of place. Although maybe that'll just give her more chance for interesting supports. Who knows! Guess we'll see how things shape up from here.

Oh boy, I sure am glad that we're getting the Official Main Protagonist of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade(tm) and not some loser like Eliwood or Hector. Can you imagine how lame it would be if, instead of another sword user, we'd instead had a heavy axe user, or at least a Xander ripoff that doesn't require playing as the dumbest character in the series?

This also means there's a reasonable chance we might only get three characters from Shadow Dragon, no Azura, and nobody I like from Awakening. But that's no different from what I've always expected.

At least they're at least making some token attempt to appeal to the west now, even if they had to throw out their character relationship bullshit to do it.

Edited by Iridium

And the SD cast gets shafted once again. Considering that SD was specifically mentioned alongside Awakening and Fates, THIS feels more like a slap in the face than it does the likes of Ike or the others not getting in.

I've said this before...I'm indifferent to Lyn, but she wields a sword, so much for too many swords. I've supported this game since the beginning despite everything and I just...ugh. I don't know how to feel, I've been up for 20 hours, I can't do this right now...

But to make it clear, I'm still buying the game.

Edited by Lau

So can we address something a little bothering here? Weapon Triangle balance? Koei claimed early in development that they decided these three games to avoid too many swords. At first it was a silly statement considering, but once we started really getting into the characters, we saw that was exactly what they did. We had some axes, and while we only had lance pegasus so far, there was hope for a few others.

Then what does Koei do? Announce Lyn. Lyn. From FE7. A Sword Lord. Yet another sword user. Why?

When we still have no lance using Cavalier, No Armors, No lance infantry, Only 1 wyvern, no dancer, Koei decides to throw yet another sword user at us.

Look, its cool that Lyn got in, and for the die hard fans of her its a must buy now. But we are really tossing a lot out the window here. There is a lot missing that are staples of Fire Emblem, and its weird to see a confirmation like this come out of no where when we are missing this much. Did we really need Lyn over Minerva, another Wyvern? Did we need Lyn over Draug, a lance Armor? Did we really need Lyn over Azura, an infantry lance user? Camus? Jeigan? Abel? Cain? Anyone who gives something we obviously lack at the moment?

Its cool we got this character, sure, but I feel everyone is forgetting the one big issue that we had from the start, which was the contradictory statement of balance for the weapon triangle when all of our confirmed cast at the time used swords. And it really hasnt gotten better since. But because this is Lyn, most popular female of the community, everyone is overlooking the issue.

I seriously hope there is a lot more on the roster than they are showing, that maybe all of our "confirmations" so far are only the story relevant characters with the opposite gender of the avatar characters so no one gets left out. Otherwise I am seeing some serious problems with the decision making process of Koei with this game.

EDIT: And talk about the absolute shaft SD got. Main title of the first Warriors game, only 3 characters.

Edited by Tolvir

As I said in the leak topic, this is a massive slap in the face. I pretty much accepted that only FEA, Fates and SD plus some OCs would be featured, but now they go and completely contradict themselves and gimp SD and what little reps it was gonna get compared to FEA and Fates. In fact representation in general. Where is our lance infantry, our armour, our dancer?

I mean I like Lyn and she looks damn fine in Warriors, but I'm pissed none the less.

Edited by Azz

Disgusting. Thank you Koei for adding a character I have no interest in using and for making yourselves look like a bunch of liars. Weapon balance is a lie. 

I hope she's DLC so I don't have to see her face in the vanilla roster.

Edited by Lord-Zero