Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Sasori said:

Having her use a sword might actually be a good thing. We already have 2 pegasus users who use lances so I don't think there's much more that can be done with that.

While this is true, a lot of people hated on Caeda having a sword in her Heroes version.  There's the argument of there being too many sword units and even if she is unique to being a flying sword user people are going to be salty about them saying they weren't going to add so many swordies.  So right now it could go either way.  I personally wouldn't mind either one because Caeda is my favorite SD unit.  I'm happy regardless of her weapon.

I can already see some people go all "THEY ADDED LYN THEY ONLY ADD LYN BECAUSE WAIFU AND MONEY WARRIORS IS A MISTAKE BLABLABLABLABLA"

So, it looks that the picture of the box was true? Then,  Celica is probably in the game too (and if true, then more "WAIFU MONEY WARRIORS EMBLEM" from say people).

Anyway, I'm happy because they are showing more characters and Lyn looks good ! I wonder if she has a bow as part of her attacks, like Lucina (I can't watch the direct until I'm back at home)

Edited by SniperGYS

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm fucking pissed.

This implies the leak is real, and that means we won't get Ike who is surely more popular and would've brought a more unique moveset.

This also makes me like Lyn less than I already did. And I disliked her before this. I dislike Elibe a lot too.

I'm sorry, but this is honestly how I feel. Nothing against Lyn fans, I just think Ike fans just got slapped in the face really hard.

Keep on comparing because that doesn't detriment anything regarding Ike whatsoever. Dude already appear in a better crossover game anyways.

44 minutes ago, Iridium said:

Oh boy, I sure am glad that we're getting the Official Main Protagonist of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade(tm) and not some loser like Eliwood or Hector. Can you imagine how lame it would be if, instead of another sword user, we'd instead had a heavy axe user, or at least a Xander ripoff that doesn't require playing as the dumbest character in the series?

This also means there's a reasonable chance we might only get three characters from Shadow Dragon, no Azura, and nobody I like from Awakening. But that's no different from what I've always expected.

At least they're at least making some token attempt to appeal to the west now, even if they had to throw out their character relationship bullshit to do it.

Yeah, I'm not seeing why Hector couldn't be included with Lyn. It so absurd because one character makes it in all sudden & the reaction is still people complaining.

34 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Disgusting. Thank you Koei for adding a character I have no interest in using and for making yourselves look like a bunch of liars. Weapon balance is a lie. 

I hope she's DLC so I don't have to see her face in the vanilla roster.

Stay salty dude, cuz you ain't never be satisfy with the game no matter who they put in.

23 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I am definitely happy with Lyn getting in, now I can get a consider actually buying game, but... why sword?!  It wouldn't hurt give her bow, would you it? 

I like Lyn as swordmaster, I would like to lie if I said otherwise  but it certainly make claims about the game balance sound like miserable farce. 

Exactly why I was complaining about Lucina having a bow.

23 minutes ago, Azz said:

People are mad because we were told one thing (The game would focus on SD/Awakening/Fates) but now they have gone and contradicted themselves and have included Lyn more than likely because of her popularity. Thus people are know angry because they relised that their favourite characters could have gotten in only the weren't popular enough and this especially extends to Ike/Hector/Roy fans since their favourite character is popular but is probably not gonna get in for the base game but yet Lyn is, despite what we were told.

Yeah, it called complaining for the sake of complaining. One of most character gets confirm & naturally people complain about it. Because I'm totally sure Lief & Seliph would've saved the game, am I right?

1 minute ago, Lightchao42 said:

Don't be ridiculous, that sprite is just a photoshopped Little Mac.

I guess some memes just never die or in this case just gets re used.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

Seems odd that Navarre of all people would be there if not playable.

I'm not trusting Koei with anything, be it chosing characters or promoting a game.

Thanks to Navarre I'll keep hoping for characters a bit more, but we don't have knights, the only spear users are pegasus knight with not many differences (and Caeda will probably be like that too...).

If Azura isn't in, it will probably be because it would be too different to share her moveset with anyone, yes, there are characters without "clones"... for now, but at this point I'll welcome anyone.

So that brings SD to 3 characters: Marth, Navarre and Caeda. They better give us Draug and Jagen at this point. 

@ Zangetsu: Great, now we have to deal with extra smugness from many Lyn fans. I'd be okay if she was DLC but that doesn't seem to be the case so I'll remain forever salty, disgusted and bitter.  I was fine with the roster as it was before Lyn was confirmed. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

I would laugh if that's actually Samto/Samuel, not Navarre (don't know if the face was actually seen). But at this point, I doubt it very much. So I'll just laugh at the impossible idea.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

So that brings SD to 3 characters: Marth, Navarre and Caeda. They better give us Draug and Jagen at this point. 

@ Zangetsu: Great, now we have to deal with extra smugness from many Lyn fans. I'd be okay if she was DLC but that doesn't seem to be the case so I'll remain forever salty, disgusted and bitter. 

1. You forgot Tiki but I get your point

2. chill

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Where do you purchase your tin foil?

Oh, I'm sorry. Did you think Lyn and Celica came out of the kindness of their hearts? That they just magically decided to work extra hard to please people in the hopes that those characters might spontaneously appear in the code?

Dev time has to come from somewhere. Either they were always planned, or they replaced characters who were originally slated to be there. Let's examine these two scenarios. If they were always planned, then literally every statement they made during development was more-or-less an outright lie. If they replaced characters who were originally slated to be there, then we can reasonably believe that ideals like "characters were chosen with an emphasis on character relationships" and "shadow dragon is in the game" were made in good faith at the time they were put forth. And looking at how things are currently arranged, it's pretty fucking clear which game is getting the short end of the stick, so it's not hard to draw conclusions from there.

Admittedly I used 'probably' when I should have used 'possibly'; I regretted this shortly after posting, and you quoted me too quickly to change it, but it should come as no surprise that a Lyn fanboy would be that quick to defend their tutorial waifu. Considering that popularity is the only thing she has going for her (she's less of a lord than Elincia, after all), you have to be aggressive for this sort of thing. Totally understand, I'd do the same thing for my husbando if he was from a series anyone in this language cared about.

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Keep on comparing because that doesn't detriment anything regarding Ike whatsoever. Dude already appear in a better crossover game anyways.

You mean Heroes? I don't know if it's better than Warriors yet, and the fact that you're basically telling me to shut up and just enjoy my Heroes Ike is pretty rude.

Just now, ThatOneWeakArcher said:

1. You forgot Tiki but I get your point

2. chill

The SD representation is still tiny.

2. Impossible. That's the one character I truly dislike. "Hype" is pretty much dead. 

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

The SD representation is still tiny.

2. Impossible. That's the one character I truly dislike. "Hype" is pretty much dead. 

Caeda was not photoshopped out of the trailer and Navarre was just spotted in the trailer as well. There is also a piece of shoulder armor or something at the far left of the same image as navarre, which could be anyone.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

@ Zangetsu: Great, now we have to deal with extra smugness from many Lyn fans. I'd be okay if she was DLC but that doesn't seem to be the case so I'll remain forever salty, disgusted and bitter.  I was fine with the roster as it was before Lyn was confirmed. 

Yeah, cuz your attitude is much more civilize from the extremist.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

You mean Heroes? I don't know if it's better than Warriors yet, and the fact that you're basically telling me to shut up and just enjoy my Heroes Ike is pretty rude.

Smash Bros, man

58 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Caeda was not photoshopped out of the trailer and Navarre was just spotted in the trailer as well. There is also a piece of shoulder armor or something at the far left of the same image as navarre, which could be anyone.

Pretty sure it's Chrom's.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Eh, your negativity did leave a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest. :P But eh, you hate Lyn, so I probably shouldn't have expected anything different (well, except hating her even more just for existing more).

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I just watched the NoE video and I saw Navarre and Caeda. That would bring SD representation to...Marth, Caeda, Navarre and possibly Tiki, for now. 

@Zangetsu: Nice attempt at sarcasm. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Just now, Lord-Zero said:

I just watched the NoE video and I saw Navarre and Caeda. That would bring SD representation to...Marth, Caeda, Navarre and possibly Tiki, for now. 

Starting to wonder if the roster is higher than 25, like people thought due to the cards. I really wouldnt be surprised at this point, but dont want to get my hopes up.

Koei might need to do some talking and a few reveals before TGS, theres lots of explaining needing to be done.

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Smash Bros, man

Okay, fair, but that's honestly part of the reason for my disappointment. It's also odd not to have Ike or Roy in an actual FE crossover such as this, yet we have them in Smash. It's just weird and a big slap in the face to the fans of those characters. And Roy is someone I don't like much either. Yet I'm defending him here.

2 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Eh, your negativity did leave a bad taste in my mouth, to be honest. :P But eh, you hate Lyn, so I probably shouldn't have expected anything different (well, except hating her even more just for existing more).

My apologies, but you can at least understand why I'm upset, right? That a character I dislike was picked over someone I like a lot more and that I felt was just as deserving of being in the base roster?

I'll make this clear: It's not Lyn's inclusion alone that makes me pissed here. I'm pissed she was included and that Ike was not when I believe both should be in the base game or else both should be DLC.

isnt there still a 3 day event where they will give nothing but warriors information?

Its possible to learn the final roster of characters during that time mabey...

Regardless im not sure how to feel about people hating an entirety of a game on one character introduction... (tingle didnt manage to ruin hyrule warriors so i was hoping Lyn wasnt going to do that ether)

3 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Starting to wonder if the roster is higher than 25, like people thought due to the cards. I really wouldnt be surprised at this point, but dont want to get my hopes up.

Koei might need to do some talking and a few reveals before TGS, theres lots of explaining needing to be done.

It'll probably be more than 25 but less than 30. They did mention armor knights so there's the possibility for Draug and yes, they have some explaining to do. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Just now, Thany said:

isnt there still a 3 day event where they will give nothing but warriors information?

Its possible to learn the final roster of characters during that time mabey...

Regardless im not sure how to feel about people hating an entirety of a game on one character introduction... (tingle didnt manage to ruin hyrule warriors so i was hoping Lyn wasnt going to do that ether)

Tingle was dlc though.

1 minute ago, Thany said:

Yeah, I'm not hating the game or anything. That's plain silly. I still have Frederick and Ryoma to enjoy as favorite characters anyway. It's just that I don't think Lyn was more deserving than Ike here. I believe both were equally deserving since they're very popular and Ike even has an Amiibo and 3DS sprite all ready. I feel that one in the base game and leaving the other out is pretty much a sin.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

It was already confirmed that the roster will be bigger than 25 characters, since they said FEW will have the biggest roster out of all Warriors games, and Hyrule Warriors had something around that number. 25 might just be the starting roster, or maybe it's just the story relevant characters that are on the box, and getting those cards