Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

I will not argue he deserve be in, but I am also sure IS will not ignore his popularity (if they want to make money, that is),  even if they if they decide to DEW being place for that. 

I don't think Ike fans want to have to pay extra now if Lyn fans can have her right away. I know I really don't.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I disagree. Ike's chances are low now because of the leak and the number of swords in this.

The sword argument hasn't been held up by the developers thus far, and the fact that you expect it to hold any water at this point (especially with Navarre, although likely a dual wielder, is another sword user) is silly.

Don't cry and make Ike fans look salty. I'm upset Roy hasn't been revealed, but I still have to go to work tomorrow and time keeps going. Chill out.

Just now, Sbuscoz said:

I think that it would be the other way around, Navarre is a popular character from SD, and was going to be in from the begining, seeing Lyn popularity/cries from west fans they took his moveset and made hers. Everything speculations obviuosly.

Also a valid viewpoint, though given how they openly revealed Lyn first, its mostly going to be seen as the former out of Lyn being more recognizable.

Doesn't really matter either way though

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

The sword argument hasn't been held up by the developers thus far, and the fact that you expect it to hold any water at this point (especially with Navarre, although likely a dual wielder, is another sword user) is silly.

Don't cry and make Ike fans look salty. I'm upset Roy hasn't been revealed, but I still have to go to work tomorrow and time keeps going. Chill out.

We still don't know the whole roster though, at least not officially. The other remaining characters could easily be more lances, axes, bows, and magic, and Tiki as maybe the only stone user.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

We still don't know the whole roster though. The other remaining characters could easily be more lances, axes, bows, and magic, and Tiki as maybe the only stone user.

I'm trying to instill you with hope that Ike may still be in the game. I'm still trying to figure out why you're trying to fight so hard against it; do you like being miserable?

Just now, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I'm trying to instill you with hope that Ike may still be in the game. I'm still trying to figure out why you're trying to fight so hard against it; do you like being miserable?

I'm just being realistic as well as disappointed...

1 minute ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

This is why I prefer to keep my expectations low. I was convinced the leak was fake, and my gut reaction to Lyn was a surprise smile and a feeling of excitement.

I don't think I'm wrong when I say I don't think a lot of people here play a lot of Warriors games.

Koei do make popularity polls and take them into account in their Warriors series somewhat, but this is also the same developer that waits to put Cheng Pu, prolific character during Dynasty Warriors era into the series after like 20+ games while putting peripheral fictional characters like Bao Sanniang in before him.

Koei decision making is questionable at the best of times for those that are unaware.

Edited by Tryhard

36 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Caeda was not photoshopped out of the trailer and Navarre was just spotted in the trailer as well. There is also a piece of shoulder armor or something at the far left of the same image as navarre, which could be anyone.

I'm really thankful there's someone else trying to be rational in the midst of this ****storm.

Edited by Corbin

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

Realistic is fine and all, but you're more being pessimistic by insisting that Ike has pretty much no chance. 

I don't mean he has NO chance, I mean his chances are low now, imo. Not zero, just low.

2 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

I don't think I'm wrong when I say I don't think a lot of people here play a lot of Warriors games.

Koei do make popularity polls and take them into account in their Warriors series somewhat, but this is also the same developer that waits to put Cheng Pu, prolific character during Dynasty Warriors era into the series after like 20+ games while putting peripheral fictional characters like Bao Sanniang in before him.

Koei decision making is questionable at the best of times for those that are unaware.

I'd say, I agree with this. Terumoto when, Koei, when!?

2 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Better to disappointed than being crushed

1 minute ago, NoirCore said:

This is why I prefer to keep my expectations low. I was convinced the leak was fake, and my gut reaction to Lyn was a surprise smile and a feeling of excitement.

Yeah but don't be happy since everyone else reaction is being bitter cuz their character didn't make it in. According to this fanbase anyways.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I don't mean he has NO chance, I mean his chances are low now, imo. Not zero, just low.

Then smile. Get through this. And besides... even if Ike isn't in, it isn't like your hopes and dreams are gone. Have you forgotten Frederick? Or do you need to be reminded of his greatness? If so... *ahem*

"Pick a god and pray!"

3 minutes ago, Corbin said:

I'm really thankful there's someone else trying to be rational in the midst of this ****storm.

Well I am trying, cant exactly say I did a great job at first, but after all these "reveals" I have hope for a good roster. Means some characters I was looking forward to, like Azura, arent fully counted out yet.

26 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

As I said before, there was a quote from them talking about how they were really pressured for time on the game due to how large the roster was. Not going to set my hopes too high on roster number, but this is definitely reassuring.

It's definitely reassuring. 27-30 seems reasonable enough. Anyway, with Lyn out of the way, that leaves Eliwood and Hector as characters for a possible Blazing Sword DLC pack. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Then smile. Get through this. And besides... even if Ike isn't in, it isn't like your hopes and dreams are gone. Have you forgotten Frederick? Or do you need to be reminded of his greatness? If so... *ahem*

"Pick a god and pray!"

I know, I know. I can't forget Frederick, he's my other favorite FE character. My "husbando" technically, since my Robin married him and he actually is the kind of guy I'd marry in real life. And I still love that line too. :P

But it still stings that Lyn is there and not Ike when both are very popular and deserving of a spot in the game.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Zangetsu said:

Yeah but don't be happy since everyone else reaction is being bitter cuz their character didn't make it in. According to this fanbase anyways.

The problem isn't people being happy. Hell, feel free to be happy and say it.

It's just that certain people gloat about it which rubs people the wrong way because it comes off as "HA, mine got in! Yours didn't!".

Really what those people were trying to say was try to make your comments NOT sound like you're rubbing it in others faces.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

It's definitely reassuring. 27-30 seems reasonable enough. Anyway, with Lyn out of the way, that leaves Eliwood and Hector as characters for a possible Blazing Sword DLC pack. 

Which is very true. Celica also means a likely SoV dlc pack, which I cant complain about. (Lukas/Forsyth please!) Hopefully Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn would be another one, if Ike makes it.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I know, I know. I can't forget Frederick, he's my other favorite FE character. My "husbando" technically, since my Robin married him and he actually is the kind of guy I'd marry in real life. And I still love that line too. :P

But it still stings that Lyn is there and not Ike when both are very popular and deserving of a spot in the game.

So your type is the devoted guy that's practically like a butler? XD 

Niiiiiice. I kid, but yes, it is a fantastic line, hence why I used it. Figured it might cheer you up a little bit.

Yes. But shouldn't you instead make Lyn's appearance as a way to remain hopeful? Like I said, her being there gives a good chance that Ike will be picked, since again, he is the most popular guy in Fire Emblem franchise, with Lyn being voted the most popular girl. 

I won't fault you for considering that Ike might not get in, but still don't let it get to you and just assure yourself that Ike still has a shot. We cannot say anything for certain. Until all the characters have been fully revealed, nothing has been set in stone.

1 hour ago, Iridium said:

Oh boy, I sure am glad that we're getting the Official Main Protagonist of Fire Emblem: The Blazing Blade(tm) and not some loser like Eliwood or Hector. Can you imagine how lame it would be if, instead of another sword user, we'd instead had a heavy axe user, or at least a Xander ripoff that doesn't require playing as the dumbest character in the series?

This also means there's a reasonable chance we might only get three characters from Shadow Dragon, no Azura, and nobody I like from Awakening. But that's no different from what I've always expected.

At least they're at least making some token attempt to appeal to the west now, even if they had to throw out their character relationship bullshit to do it.

...Ignoring the Navarre leak from the NOE trailer, nullifying your point about SD while also demonstrating that the box art doesn't have every character.
You're just looking for things to bitch about at this point.

I am very happy that Lyn is in. Excited, even! However...

:squeezedtangerine:GUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

What is WRONG with you people!? Getting one character that happens to be in the leak does NOT automatically make the leak 100% real!!! Nor does it mean that SD is getting shafted. "But KT said--" I DON'T CARE what they said in those stupid interviews. They aren't bound to abide by it or otherwise burn in hell. Like developers haven't changed their goddamn plans before, right? Plans change, it happens, so please stop beating the dead horse of KT "lying" to us. You take it way too seriously. No one had a problem with Sakurai changing his mind about not letting an Animal Crossing character into Smash. How is this any different!? Just.... look, I'm not saying you can't be angry with them, but I've heard it on repeat a thousand times and I'm sick of it and all of these freaking presumptions. Like...

"Another sword user"? Big !@#$'ing whoop. It's Fire Emblem, of course swords were going to be the most prominent weapon type. And the fact that it's Lyn, well I'll get to that shortly.

"SD got shafted?" We don't know that. Until the game comes out, there is no certainty. It'd be a reasonable assumption after we see what they show off at TGS, but not right at this moment.

"IS forced Lyn in at the last moment." It may very well be possible, but must you act as if IS does all the decision making?

"X character's chances of getting in have dropped/soared." I seriously hate these sorts of comments. If video game rosters are developed the same way as Smash's, then the entire roster is decided from the get-go. Yes, there can be additions late in development as may or may not be the case with Lyn, but predetermined roster means character have either a 100% or 0% chance of getting in, nothing in between. Except for those rare occasions such as the Smash Ballot. And sure, Lyn's inclusion may have been influenced by the CYL poll, but who can say for sure? And finally...

"Is it only these 3 games, or mostly these 3 games?" Lyn is in the game. The base game. That means the answer is mostly those 3 games. How could anyone have a problem with that whether KT lied to us or not? Don't you realize that with the inclusion of Lyn, the little door of possiblities has opened? ...No, it was open all along, we only just noticed it. There could be a few more outliers in the base game. Maybe we will get Hector and Roy and etc. in the base game. Who knows. Once the game is out, you can complain all you want. Until then, no more of these presumptions. Please. ...Please!? ;_; Just for two more weeks...

Okay, I'm done venting. Proceed.

This was based on the overabundance of negative comments I've been seeing in this thread alone. It is not targeted towards any specific user.