Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Which is very true. Celica also means a likely SoV dlc pack, which I cant complain about. (Lukas/Forsyth please!) Hopefully Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn would be another one, if Ike makes it.

Oh yes, SoV pack. For that one I'd expect Alm and Faye. Anyone from that game would be fine, too. As for PoR, possibly Ike and BK while RD would get Micaiah and possibly Sanaki or watch them be weird and put Oliver instead. 

2 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I am very happy that Lyn is in. Excited, even! However...

:squeezedtangerine:GUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

What is WRONG with you people!? Getting one character that happens to be in the leak does NOT automatically make the leak 100% real!!! Nor does it mean that SD is getting shafted. "But KT said--" I DON'T CARE what they said in those stupid interviews. They aren't bound to abide by it or otherwise burn in hell. Like developers haven't changed their goddamn plans before, right? Plans change, it happens, so please stop beating the dead horse of KT "lying" to us. You take it way too seriously. No one had a problem with Sakurai changing his mind about not letting an Animal Crossing character into Smash. How is this any different!? Just.... look, I'm not saying you can't be angry with them, but I've heard it on repeat a thousand times and I'm sick of it and all of these freaking presumptions. Like...

"Another sword user"? Big !@#$'ing whoop. It's Fire Emblem, of course swords were going to be the most prominent weapon type. And the fact that it's Lyn, well I'll get to that shortly.

"SD got shafted?" We don't know that. Until the game comes out, there is no certainty. It'd be a reasonable assumption after we see what they show off at TGS, but not right at this moment.

"IS forced Lyn in at the last moment." It may very well be possible, but must you act as if IS does all the decision making?

"X character's chances of getting in have dropped/soared." I seriously hate these sorts of comments. If video game rosters are developed the same way as Smash's, then the entire roster is decided from the get-go. Yes, there can be additions late in development as may or may not be the case with Lyn, but predetermined roster means character have either a 100% or 0% chance of getting in, nothing in between. Except for those rare occasions such as the Smash Ballot. And sure, Lyn's inclusion may have been influenced by the CYL poll, but who can say for sure? And finally...

"Is it only these 3 games, or mostly these 3 games?" Lyn is in the game. The base game. That means the answer is mostly those 3 games. How could anyone have a problem with that whether KT lied to us or not? Don't you realize that with the inclusion of Lyn, the little door of possiblities has opened? ...No, it was open all along, we only just noticed it. There could be a few more outliers in the base game. Maybe we will get Hector and Roy and etc. in the base game. Who knows. Once the game is out, you can complain all you want. Until then, no more of these presumptions. Please. ...Please!? ;_; Just for two more weeks...

Okay, I'm done venting. Proceed.

This was based on the overabundance of negative comments I've been seeing in this thread alone. It is not targeted towards any specific user.

LMAO XDDDDDD

... I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but the rant was sort of hilarious. But glad you got that off your chest. 

Negative remarks DOES tend to ruin the mood around, so venting some of the frustration helps us feel better. I'm sure that people will get over it sooner or later and begin to appreciate all the stuff that's happening. I for one am REALLY looking forward to Warriors. Though I am curious as to how the game would be for the 3DS?

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

The problem isn't people being happy. Hell, feel free to be happy and say it.

It's just that certain people gloat about it which rubs people the wrong way because it comes off as "HA, mine got in! Yours didn't!".

Really what those people were trying to say was try to make your comments NOT sound like you're rubbing it in others faces.

But who's saying that exactly? Sure I said "Suck it hater" but is that really along the lines of "Ha, mine got in!Yours didn't!"

It sucks that Hector & Ike aren't in the base roster. It sucks the Genealogy Wars is once again ignored. But I am tired of the fanbase of telling me what a real fan is & as far I can tell this fanbase has shown that kind of shitty behavior. Because when these are the same people who are complaining because the franchise is relevant? What exactly should my reaction be?

Seriously, one of the most popular characters in the franchise from the International Era of the series gets confirm & people whine about it? Of course they do, what else is should be expected from the FE fanbase?

12 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah but don't be happy since everyone else reaction is being bitter cuz their character didn't make it in. According to this fanbase anyways.

Good thing I was in the chat of a guy who makes his own memes and loves Mario and Zelda. :P

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

Seriously, one of the most popular characters in the franchise from the International Era of the series gets confirm & people whine about it? Of course they do, what else is should be expected from the FE fanbase?

History shows that people will complain more than cheer. You may see more people complaining but I'm sure there are plenty of people who are happy about this development. Myself included, considering the two characters I wanted to see in this game the most, Lyn and Anna, both just got confirmed (more-or-less confirmed in Anna's case).

19 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

huh, didn't know you work for the guy. Gratz on that.

Work for him? No, we just chat a bit. I ran into him when I commented on one of his videos, since I tend to leave really long comments, and we got to know each other. I don't share all his tastes, since he loves Ephraim and I hate Ephraim, but I still have respect for the guy and the vids he makes. He's also fun to chat when given the chance.

5 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Oh yes, SoV pack. For that one I'd expect Alm and Faye. Anyone from that game would be fine, too. As for PoR, possibly Ike and BK while RD would get Micaiah and possibly Sanaki or watch them be weird and put Oliver instead. 

I would laugh my ass off if Oliver got in.

Micaiah would be great though, literally anyone else could get in, if I get Micaiah I will be completely content. The one character I thought never standing a chance, and there is a slight glimmer of hope now.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

But who's saying that exactly? Sure I said "Suck it hater" but is that really along the lines of "Ha, mine got in!Yours didn't!"

It sucks that Hector & Ike aren't in the base roster. It sucks the Genealogy Wars is once again ignored. But I am tired of the fanbase of telling me what a real fan is & as far I can tell this fanbase has shown that kind of shitty behavior. Because when these are the same people who are complaining because the franchise is relevant? What exactly should my reaction be?

FE fanbase? I thought EVERY fanbase in general have whiners and complainers? I mean, I whine and complain regarding some series too. I feel like there's legit no helping that anything that happens with have whiners and complainers. Because we are humans and cannot do anything but that. 

But venting some of that frustrations help us out. Then we feel better and learn to appreciate some stuff. 

Or at least I hope that we can.

Why am I not surprised that this thread is also a salty mess. Jeepers.

Y'know, Lyn is a character that's hugely recognizable outside of the Fire Emblem fan base. Do you guys maybe possibly think that featuring her in a trailer reveal like this might be a way to draw attention to the game for fringe fans and people outside the fandom? Remember, it's a crossover title. It's designed to appeal to a general mainstream audience, not just veterans who are going to be picking it apart for every anti-FE sin it commits. On that note, on the Ike discourse: he will almost definitely be a late reveal or available a couple months into the game, to get people talking about it again after hype has started to die down.

As of right now, are weapons and game representation unbalanced as hell? Yes. But at this point, marketing is a much heavier force than balance. Shit, a lot of the game's initial audience isn't going to care about balanced weapons or game rep at all. You're all taking this way too seriously. Don't be a clown.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

FE fanbase? I thought EVERY fanbase in general have whiners and complainers? I mean, I whine and complain regarding some series too. I feel like there's legit no helping that anything that happens with have whiners and complainers. Because we are humans and cannot do anything but that. 

But venting some of that frustrations help us out. Then we feel better and learn to appreciate some stuff. 

Or at least I hope that we can.

Like myself. I went off on reddit probably more than I should have, but now I after seeing everything else its really making me more hyped for this. The chance of characters I thought never standing a chance, even with DLC, making it in is pretty big.

Just now, Zangetsu said:

If you read my post clearly, I didn't say anyone said it, but the tone comes off like that. I will admit, when I read your first post on this thread and saw "Suck it hater", that is what it felt like because you don't typically say that if you aren't gloating. You might not have intended it, but this is the internet. Subtle cues that are normally picked up in conversation like sarcasm and the like are not transmitted magically through the monitor. While you might have just been expressing happiness, anyone else can look at that and think you're gloating, and considering the atmosphere at the time and your wording, it wouldn't be hard to do so.

Also I have NO idea where you are getting the idea that anyone is trying to tell you what a FE fan should be like anywhere on this thread. Like everyone said, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY, they're all just saying be a little careful with words when you're in the moment because it comes of negatively sometimes.

Also people are whining about it because there are legitimate reasons to whine about it, especially at the very beginning of the thread when no one was aware of Navarre. Should they also have re-worded their things to sound less salty? Do some people need to rethink their reasoning and sound less irrational? Yes, they should have, and people should've called them out.

6 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

LMAO XDDDDDD

... I'm sorry, I shouldn't laugh, but the rant was sort of hilarious. But glad you got that off your chest. 

Negative remarks DOES tend to ruin the mood around, so venting some of the frustration helps us feel better. I'm sure that people will get over it sooner or later and begin to appreciate all the stuff that's happening. I for one am REALLY looking forward to Warriors. Though I am curious as to how the game would be for the 3DS?

I'm glad I made your day. No really, I am. Even if it's not how I expected to. :)

Complaints aside, I'm excited that Lyn is confirmed. I started with FE7 after all. I'm still looking forward to SD reveals. Now I really hope SD doesn't get shafted too badly, or I'm gonna look like such a fool...  ._.

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

I would laugh my ass off if Oliver got in.

Micaiah would be great though, literally anyone else could get in, if I get Micaiah I will be completely content. The one character I thought never standing a chance, and there is a slight glimmer of hope now.

Well, he's great "joke character" material. It'd be fun to watch him in HD. Micaiah would be quite interesting. Maybe even implementing Yune into her moves as well. 

Lyn being added is meh news for me, honestly. I was looking forward to SD, like a lot of other people say. I'd pretty much grown used to the idea there are three games and had hope for DLC or even a second game to bring in the other ones, so Lyn's inclusion feels odd. And if it does confirm Celica, why not Alm? I know, 'too many swords', but they've already thrown that out the window... 

At the moment, I'm still very hopeful more SD will be added in, especially since they still need to address the balancing issues since there is a weapons triangle and people can possibly die in the game if you're not on casual mode. 

The last part does give me some hope for an even larger roster than most are advising. After all, if they have a permadeath mode, there must be characters to replace the ones lost, at least up until a point. It's what helps permadeath work in the FE series, after all. 

I also love the hypocrisy here. This whole time I've been told I shouldn't say anything negative about the game or the roster, and now some of those very people are coming out and bashing Lyn for being "another sword lord"  (while they previously justified half the Fates roster being swords), "waifu bait " (yet didn't accuse Camilla and Lucina of this), blaming her for taking a spot away from the Archaneans (even though it was always clear SD was gonna get the shaft), and getting angry over "more deserving" characters not being in over her (while being fine with minor Awakening and Fates characters getting in).

This game was a terrible idea, honestly. It sounds good on paper but it was never going to please the fanbase. At least now with Lyn there's something I can be excited for too.

22 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So your type is the devoted guy that's practically like a butler? XD 

Niiiiiice. I kid, but yes, it is a fantastic line, hence why I used it. Figured it might cheer you up a little bit.

Yes. But shouldn't you instead make Lyn's appearance as a way to remain hopeful? Like I said, her being there gives a good chance that Ike will be picked, since again, he is the most popular guy in Fire Emblem franchise, with Lyn being voted the most popular girl. 

I won't fault you for considering that Ike might not get in, but still don't let it get to you and just assure yourself that Ike still has a shot. We cannot say anything for certain. Until all the characters have been fully revealed, nothing has been set in stone.

Well, it's more that my type is a tall hunky handsome gentlemanly guy who's loyal and sweet and rather serious, but can still make me laugh even when he's not trying to. lol I mean, Frederick kneels and kisses Robin's hand! You can't get more gentlemanly than that!

True, yeah, I suppose. And she's not even my least favorite FE character, she's just one I don't like much. You've actually succeeded in making me feel better, btw. Thanks. :)

Also, congrats to Lyn fans too, really. I just don't want to see any gloating from them as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I'm glad I made your day. No really, I am. Even if it's not how I expected to. :)

Complaints aside, I'm excited that Lyn is confirmed. I started with FE7 after all. I'm still looking forward to SD reveals. Now I really hope SD doesn't get shafted too badly, or I'm gonna look like such a fool...  ._.

I am excited that Lyn got in too. Believe me that I was incredibly shocked when I found out that she got in. 

How many characters from Shadow Dragon might be less than even Awakening's cast. Fates have the largest, but that's cause they made 3 orbs of the game be about Fates, so they obviously have the largest cast. However, so far, we know in SD there's Marth, possible Navarre, young Tiki, and there's the chance that Caeda is in as well. If we can have a cavalry character from there, no doubt that we'll have Camus, since there's no better cavalry character than him. No, not even the original Cain and Abel.