Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

There's a reason I didn't even TRY to go into the Voting Gauntlet threads the moment it started. I KNEW that toxicity will be at an all time high there. It's absolutely impossible to not run into toxic fans when so many popular characters are in there.

Yeah, but I thought the toxicity only got bad after semis and only with Camilla (who even though I do not like, did not deserve the kind of hate she received) and her supporters. I knew Lucina wasn't the most popular character here in this forum, but really? It's not like Lucina threatened to steal a victory from Lyn either, it was clear Lyn would win the entire time. That is just plain rubbing salt in the wound.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not angry Lyn got in. That's not the issue. I'm just annoyed she was announced.

Essentially, I hate this game's PR and how they can't keep lies straight.

I'm still gonna buy this game at the end of the day because I've been waiting for a FE x Warriors crossover.

But I'm not gonna be happy with how they're handling promotion.

Edited by saisymbolic
grammar

I'm really excited to finally see more characters outside of the Archanea games, Awakening and Fates! I wonder at this point if this is just gonna be Sword Warriors haha

if they implemented Eliwood, they could stop there and I'd have absolutely no reason to not buy the game. But credit to them, I'm interested in seeing what else is going to be presented to us before the game comes out.

Crossing my fingers for more representation from the rest of the series!

1 minute ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm not angry Lyn got in. That's not the issue. I'm just annoyed she was announced.

I'm still gonna buy this game at the end of the day because I've been waiting for a FE x Warriors crossover. But I'm not gonna be happy with how their handling promotion.

This. I feel like timing is also a thing.

Just now, SageOfAnys said:

Yeah, but I thought the toxicity only got bad after semis and only with Camilla (who even though I do not like, did not deserve the kind of hate she received) and her supporters. I knew Lucina wasn't the most popular character here in this forum, but really? It's not like Lucina threatened to steal a victory from Lyn either, it was clear Lyn would win the entire time. That is just plain rubbing salt in the wound.

Lucina is from Awakening. Awakening and Fates get the mocking title of "Waifu Emblem". I was on Lucina's side and hoped she'd do better, but she fought well against Lyn as well as she did. I also felt that Lucina might lose, since Awakening fans had Chrom and Tharja as well. But there were in fact many fans that mocked Lucina because she's from Awakening.

So when Lyn lost to Camilla, I was saddened for the other players that didn't deserve it, but felt it was retribution for the toxic ones. 

6 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

For your viewing pleasure

Reveal hidden contents

Slave to the jiggle dangit

Gosh darn it! I didn't even notice this when I was watching the trailer, since I don't tend to look at that area. I was more watching her face and sword. Now it's been pointed out, it's all I can notice, and I loathe chest jiggle because it always looks so stupidly over the top... just like it does here >.<

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

True, Frederick is all those things. Now if he only would stop freaking out over bear meat all the time. XD

Also, another thing about Frederick is that he in a way made improvements in technology. His conversation with Jakob has him making a window that somehow knows when the room is too hot or cold and opens the window to improve it. Like... WOW.

And good. Mission success. XD

Glad I could help you out. :D

Yeah, no gloating. I would be excited, but I don't like gloating to other people. Unless they're the toxic kind. Like how a bunch of Lyn fans insulted Lucina when she lost the Gauntlet. I felt bad for the good Lyn fans when Camilla won, but I laughed at the ones that were toxic. 

He does if he marries Robin. lol Frederick would definitely still not like the stuff, but he at least became able to stomach it without going crazy. :P

And yeah, remember that! I loved that conversation. XD And after that bit, Jakob was like "That's...actually a good idea." lol

That gauntlet caused a lot of stupid and cruel people to reveal their true colors... Made me feel bad as an Ike fan and member of Team Ike being all joyful and excited because my mercenary hero won the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

Gosh darn it! I didn't even notice this when I was watching the trailer, since I don't tend to look at that area. I was more watching her face and sword. Now it's been pointed out, it's all I can notice, and I loathe chest jiggle because it always looks so stupidly over the top... just like it does here >.<

To be fair

Spoiler

Lyn could very well not wear undergarments.

I doubt they would jiggle like that, though.

Edited by saisymbolic

2 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I'm still gonna buy this game at the end of the day because I've been waiting for a FE x Warriors crossover. But I'm not gonna be happy with how their handling promotion.

At this point it feels like the more you try take them at their word for this game something pops up that makes the audience go "Uhhhh...? Do we clap now or...? Oh wait, there's uh, more...?".

Confusing is one way to put the PR. I just hope it ends up working in their favour rather than against it.

20 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

I am very happy that Lyn is in. Excited, even! However...

:squeezedtangerine:GUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

What is WRONG with you people!? Getting one character that happens to be in the leak does NOT automatically make the leak 100% real!!! Nor does it mean that SD is getting shafted. "But KT said--" I DON'T CARE what they said in those stupid interviews. They aren't bound to abide by it or otherwise burn in hell. Like developers haven't changed their goddamn plans before, right? Plans change, it happens, so please stop beating the dead horse of KT "lying" to us. You take it way too seriously. No one had a problem with Sakurai changing his mind about not letting an Animal Crossing character into Smash. How is this any different!? Just.... look, I'm not saying you can't be angry with them, but I've heard it on repeat a thousand times and I'm sick of it and all of these freaking presumptions. Like...

"Another sword user"? Big !@#$'ing whoop. It's Fire Emblem, of course swords were going to be the most prominent weapon type. And the fact that it's Lyn, well I'll get to that shortly.

"SD got shafted?" We don't know that. Until the game comes out, there is no certainty. It'd be a reasonable assumption after we see what they show off at TGS, but not right at this moment.

"IS forced Lyn in at the last moment." It may very well be possible, but must you act as if IS does all the decision making?

"X character's chances of getting in have dropped/soared." I seriously hate these sorts of comments. If video game rosters are developed the same way as Smash's, then the entire roster is decided from the get-go. Yes, there can be additions late in development as may or may not be the case with Lyn, but predetermined roster means character have either a 100% or 0% chance of getting in, nothing in between. Except for those rare occasions such as the Smash Ballot. And sure, Lyn's inclusion may have been influenced by the CYL poll, but who can say for sure? And finally...

"Is it only these 3 games, or mostly these 3 games?" Lyn is in the game. The base game. That means the answer is mostly those 3 games. How could anyone have a problem with that whether KT lied to us or not? Don't you realize that with the inclusion of Lyn, the little door of possiblities has opened? ...No, it was open all along, we only just noticed it. There could be a few more outliers in the base game. Maybe we will get Hector and Roy and etc. in the base game. Who knows. Once the game is out, you can complain all you want. Until then, no more of these presumptions. Please. ...Please!? ;_; Just for two more weeks...

Okay, I'm done venting. Proceed.

This was based on the overabundance of negative comments I've been seeing in this thread alone. It is not targeted towards any specific user.

Well I don't think I can put any better than everything you just said. Thanks for that.

15 minutes ago, NoirCore said:

Good thing I was in the chat of a guy who makes his own memes and loves Mario and Zelda. :P

My God did you see the Youtube chat? Everyone was complaining about how it wasn't Smash Bros switch.

13 minutes ago, Florete said:

History shows that people will complain more than cheer. You may see more people complaining but I'm sure there are plenty of people who are happy about this development. Myself included, considering the two characters I wanted to see in this game the most, Lyn and Anna, both just got confirmed (more-or-less confirmed in Anna's case).

In other words vocal minority, silent majority. Heard it before, still as annoying. Doesn't change the fact I still need hear the saying from time to time again.

13 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Work for him? No, we just chat a bit. I ran into him when I commented on one of his videos, since I tend to leave really long comments, and we got to know each other. I don't share all his tastes, since he loves Ephraim and I hate Ephraim, but I still have respect for the guy and the vids he makes. He's also fun to chat when given the chance.

Oh that makes sense.

11 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

FE fanbase? I thought EVERY fanbase in general have whiners and complainers? I mean, I whine and complain regarding some series too. I feel like there's legit no helping that anything that happens with have whiners and complainers. Because we are humans and cannot do anything but that. 

But venting some of that frustrations help us out. Then we feel better and learn to appreciate some stuff. 

Or at least I hope that we can.

You have no idea how much I want to believe that's the case. Unfortunately all I see at the end of the day is an overreaction.

9 minutes ago, Chad Radwell said:

Why am I not surprised that this thread is also a salty mess. Jeepers.

Y'know, Lyn is a character that's hugely recognizable outside of the Fire Emblem fan base. Do you guys maybe possibly think that featuring her in a trailer reveal like this might be a way to draw attention to the game for fringe fans and people outside the fandom? Remember, it's a crossover title. It's designed to appeal to a general mainstream audience, not just veterans who are going to be picking it apart for every anti-FE sin it commits. On that note, on the Ike discourse: he will almost definitely be a late reveal or available a couple months into the game, to get people talking about it again after hype has started to die down.

As of right now, are weapons and game representation unbalanced as hell? Yes. But at this point, marketing is a much heavier force than balance. Shit, a lot of the game's initial audience isn't going to care about balanced weapons or game rep at all. You're all taking this way too seriously. Don't be a clown.

Couldn't have said it better than myself. I doubt I even could if I have to be frank.

8 minutes ago, MiracleMuffin said:

I guess the leaks were true then. Congrats to Lyn and her fanbase!

Now, if only my boy Ephraim would show up. One can dream, lol.

My condolences, here's hoping for more GBA reps.

8 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

If you read my post clearly, I didn't say anyone said it, but the tone comes off like that. I will admit, when I read your first post on this thread and saw "Suck it hater", that is what it felt like because you don't typically say that if you aren't gloating. You might not have intended it, but this is the internet. Subtle cues that are normally picked up in conversation like sarcasm and the like are not transmitted magically through the monitor. While you might have just been expressing happiness, anyone else can look at that and think you're gloating, and considering the atmosphere at the time and your wording, it wouldn't be hard to do so.

Also I have NO idea where you are getting the idea that anyone is trying to tell you what a FE fan should be like anywhere on this thread. Like everyone said, YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY, they're all just saying be a little careful with words when you're in the moment because it comes of negatively sometimes.

Also people are whining about it because there are legitimate reasons to whine about it, especially at the very beginning of the thread when no one was aware of Navarre. Should they also have re-worded their things to sound less salty? Do some people need to rethink their reasoning and sound less irrational? Yes, they should have, and people should've called them out.

I'm just whining for the sake of whining now. If those around me won't try to be respectful than why should I?

Like you said look how this thread turned out from the beginning to end.

2 minutes ago, Book Bro said:

I also love the hypocrisy here. This whole time I've been told I shouldn't say anything negative about the game or the roster, and now some of those very people are coming out and bashing Lyn for being "another sword lord"  (while they previously justified half the Fates roster being swords), "waifu bait " (yet didn't accuse Camilla and Lucina of this), blaming her for taking a spot away from the Archaneans (even though it was always clear SD was gonna get the shaft), and getting angry over "more deserving" characters not being in over her (while being fine with minor Awakening and Fates characters getting in).

This game was a terrible idea, honestly. It sounds good on paper but it was never going to please the fanbase. At least now with Lyn there's something I can be excited for too.

With a big of a cast of Fire Emblem, it was never going to satisfy anyone. That just how people are now apparently. Seriously it's friggin spin-off game & all people can do is over react.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That gauntlet caused a lot of stupid and cruel people to reveal their true colors...

Being completely serious, those who got genuinely upset over that and those who said very... upsetting things because of the gauntlet are honestly pathetic. How childish and immature can you get? It legitimately annoys me that people could become so hateful over something so inconsequential. At least it's over, yes?

25 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, he's great "joke character" material. It'd be fun to watch him in HD. Micaiah would be quite interesting. Maybe even implementing Yune into her moves as well. 

That and her being a light magic user makes her pretty unique. Though Leo seems to have some incorporated into his set, which is odd considering he is a Dark Knight.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

He does if he marries Robin. lol Frederick would definitely still not like the stuff, but he at least became able to stomach it without going crazy. :P

And yeah, remember that! I loved that conversation. XD And after that bit, Jakob was like "That's...actually a good idea." lol

That gauntlet caused a lot of stupid and cruel people to reveal their true colors... Made me feel bad as an Ike fan and member of Team Ike being all joyful and excited because my mercenary hero won the whole thing.

The funny thing about Robin and Frederick's C support is that the timing could have been anywhere. Imagine if their C support happens after the Plegian arc. The bear meat that she saved all that time is 2 years old. XD 

Pretty sure that Frederick must have been traumatized by that. 

If he could shut Jakob up like that, you know he did something right. But yeah, the fact that his loyalty actually made him be able to make things that improves on technology, Frederick's loyalty might even make him be a scientist if he needs to be. 

I was on Team Lucina at first. I wasn't even gonna be in the conversations on the threads. It just got depressing and then there were other people I ran into along with a friend that was mocking Lucina cause she's from Awakening and lost to Lyn. I was on Ike's team after, but that's cause I like Ike as well. Lucina was just my favorite.

1 minute ago, SuperIb said:

Being completely serious, those who got genuinely upset over that and those who said very... upsetting things because of the gauntlet are honestly pathetic. How childish and immature can you get? It legitimately annoys me that people could become so hateful over something so inconsequential. At least it's over, yes?

It's called toxicity my friend. And though the Gauntlet has ended, the toxic never goes away completely.

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

To be fair

Hide contents

Lyn could very well not wear undergarments.

I doubt they would jiggle like that, though.

I've tried making the same movements myself. Granted, I have no sword and I don't think I'm as big as that, but mine have not moved in anywhere near the same manner. 

...Maybe mine are broken... xD 

Just now, Cute Chao said:

I've tried making the same movements myself. Granted, I have no sword and I don't think I'm as big as that, but mine have not moved in anywhere near the same manner. 

Is it bad that I laughed at this more than I should have?

Just now, Cute Chao said:

I think the main problem here is that you're not an animu girl. 

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

It's called toxicity my friend. And though the Gauntlet has ended, the toxic never goes away completely.

Yes I'm aware, but it doesn't make it any less pathetic. On the bright side, although people will still be upset by it, it being over should help people care less and forget about it.

Ugh..I was hoping seeing a Classic FE character not from the three named would cheer people up..but nope..more salt..what is wrong with this fanbase? Always so negative about everything..

2 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I'm fucking pissed.

This implies the leak is real, and that means we won't get Ike who is surely more popular and would've brought a more unique moveset.

This also makes me like Lyn less than I already did. And I disliked her before this. I dislike Elibe a lot too.

I'm sorry, but this is honestly how I feel. Nothing against Lyn fans, I just think Ike fans just got slapped in the face really hard.

Actually, if we base popularity on the CYL Polls, didn't all 4 top females get more votes alone then both Ikes combined? That may be why Lyn is in rather then Ike..so far. Regardless, I'm positive Ike (and Roy) will appear. Rather in base game or DLC, I don't know, but I'm sure he'll appear in the same way I'm sure Tharja will appear.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I don't understand why they even mentioned SD being a main entree. If they said it was just Awakening and Fates with some other characters mixed in they could avoided so openly alienating yet another part of the Fanbase. Dismissing most veterans from the start is already quite bad but pretending that a part of the fanbase is getting catered to and then yanking it away from them is even worse. 

Probably because of Marth..and it's likely SD will still have more characters then Lyn, who is probably a one off for her game.

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

So that brings SD to 3 characters: Marth, Navarre and Caeda. They better give us Draug and Jagen at this point. 

@ Zangetsu: Great, now we have to deal with extra smugness from many Lyn fans. I'd be okay if she was DLC but that doesn't seem to be the case so I'll remain forever salty, disgusted and bitter.  I was fine with the roster as it was before Lyn was confirmed. 

Sounds like you need to not take things so hard/seriously. If she's okay as DLC then she's okay for base. Point is that, regardless of how it happened, she appears in the game.