Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Yup, the OC daughter I created for Frederick sometimes calls him Daddy too. Totally fitting. XD

And yeah, exactly. People can get along despite differing opinions.

You made an OC daughter for him? XD

We just have to respect our opinions and find a middle ground. Like, you love Frederick. I like him, too. And I also like Ike as well. So we have the middle ground because we do share some interests. Just I don't like them the extent you do likely. Though for Ike, its Elincia all the way. XD

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

You made an OC daughter for him? XD

We just have to respect our opinions and find a middle ground. Like, you love Frederick. I like him, too. And I also like Ike as well. So we have the middle ground because we do share some interests. Just I don't like them the extent you do likely. Though for Ike, its Elincia all the way. XD

Yup. lol

Yes, I'm always glad to see people like Frederick too! I love him a lot, and I feel he doesn't get enough love because he's a Jagen and they get overlooked at times simply because of that. And I'm glad you like Ike too! I also like Elincia, you know! And I ship her with Ike too.

I think we're kinda getting off topic tho. I just hope Lyn's inclusion here really does mean Ike has a high chance of being in the base game too, instead of the opposite like I've been fearing.

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

Yeah, I heard the news at work and was dreading the inevitable backlash for the whole back half of my shift...

Nefarious scheme 3, Retainers DLC. You get Hinata, I get Oboro and Selena, everyone wins. But I get that, I was ecstatic when I saw Ilyana as an expy NPC in Tokyo Mirage since I never thought such a thing possible

I would honestly pay for a Retainers DLC.

4 minutes ago, SlipperySlippy said:

I understand where you're coming from and personally agree, however I feel like breaking away from their rigid design philosophy whilst indecisive, offers for a much better final product. Whilst it is bad (in a loose sense) for them to go against their word, their initial design choices of focusing on only Shadow Dragon, Awakening & Fates and sword excuse the sword excuse were much worse offenders than changing their design choices.

The former statement limited the game design and made nothing short of baffling character inclusions (Lissa, Frederick & if playable, Navarre) and the latter collectively grouped all sword lords into a singular category, despite playing entirely different and still ignored many of the series staple characters that didn't fit into this category (Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah).

And I do understand what you're saying. Even though I'm confused and annoyed by their decisions, the final product is what matters most.

Honestly, there was probably no way for them to come out unscathed in this situation.

53 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yes, but I can't help but think that especially with how some people here seem to almost worship Lyn as the best thing ever (granted, some are creepily devoted to Lucina too). I do wonder if Lucina would have been given the same courtesy Lyn's being given had Awakening not been a focus game.

To be completely fair, Lucy had extra hurdles to hike over, which is the fact that much of what she delivers was already present with both Chrom and Marth (the two people that she derives from), in addition to being 2nd generation (for some reason), and being a swordie. The only actual thing against Lyn was the fact she had a sword and was not from the 3 focuses. Taking those factors into account, had Awakening been in the same position as Blazing Sword, she'd arguable have even less a chance, or even not put in at all, which amazes me how she became an exception twice now.

Note the past tense.

24 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

In relative terms, it was close though. As I said, it was the only one that wasn't giving a lot of multipliers, therefore, it was close. It just managed to fall into that unpleasant zone of too far to win, but too close to upset. It was in no way a curbstomp.

Even though I could make a case against this, does it honestly matter? By trying to justify her loss you're only making yourself out to be a sore loser who can't seem to get over the fact that for the first time, she lost at something, despite the many things she has to her name that Lyn doesn't have. And I'd like to think you're better than that

16 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yup. lol

Yes, I'm always glad to see people like Frederick too! I love him a lot, and I feel he doesn't get enough love because he's a Jagen and they get overlooked at times simply because of that. And I'm glad you like Ike too! I also like Elincia, you know! And I ship her with Ike too.

I think we're kinda getting off topic tho. I just hope Lyn's inclusion here really does mean Ike has a high chance of being in the base game too, instead of the opposite like I've been fearing.

You say you don't like Lyn, but Frederick's daughter has a resemblance to her. XD

Pft, every character in Awakening, save for Kjelle and some of Gerome, are people that I love a LOT. Wait, I feel we had this conversation about Ike and Elincia before... eh, we can talk about it again another time.

Since you are correct and we are getting off topic. But I figured going a little off topic is another way to help cheer you up, so yay. XD

I genuinely hope so. I mean, Ike should have every right to be in the game. He has an amiibo. Seriously doubt they would not make use of that. And again, Ike is the most popular guy in Fire Emblem. To not include him but have Lyn would just be ridiculous. XD

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

You say you don't like Lyn, but Frederick's daughter has a resemblance to her. XD

Pft, every character in Awakening, save for Kjelle and some of Gerome, are people that I love a LOT. Wait, I feel we had this conversation about Ike and Elincia before... eh, we can talk about it again another time.

Since you are correct and we are getting off topic. But I figured going a little off topic is another way to help cheer you up, so yay. XD

I genuinely hope so. I mean, Ike should have every right to be in the game. He has an amiibo. Seriously doubt they would not make use of that. And again, Ike is the most popular guy in Fire Emblem. To not include him but have Lyn would just be ridiculous. XD

...She does? I don't see it at all. Huh. Well, she wasn't intended to look like Lyn, in any case. xP

I'm actually not fond of most of Awakening's cast. Freddy turned out to be a sort of diamond in the rough here for me. :P

True, yeah, it did cheer me up! Stepping away from my laptop for a bit to do something else helped as well.

Ike not only has an Amiibo, he brings the mercenary niche with him, and he has a 3DS sprite all set since he was in Fates via his Amiibo. Koei wouldn't have had to make one for him. So yeah, I completely agree and that was what made me upset in the first place, the idea that Lyn was in, but Ike might not be.

Just now, Anacybele said:

...She does? I don't see it at all. Huh. Well, she wasn't intended to look like Lyn, in any case. xP

I'm actually not fond of most of Awakening's cast. Freddy turned out to be a sort of diamond in the rough here for me. :P

True, yeah, it did cheer me up! Stepping away from my laptop for a bit to do something else helped as well.

Ike not only has an Amiibo, he brings the mercenary niche with him, and he has a 3DS sprite all set since he was in Fates via his Amiibo. Koei wouldn't have had to make one for him. So yeah, I completely agree and that was what made me upset in the first place, the idea that Lyn was in, but Ike might not be.

Huh, you don't see it? Weird. But oh well. XD Either way, she's adorable. 

Yes, I recall you saying that. I love them all regardless, though some more than others. Frederick is one of the higher ones. Though I enjoy Henry a LOT. I dunno, that cheerful twisted dark personality of his that hides a lot of emotional trauma gets me. 

Good. :D

Let's just hope that Ike does get in. Warriors cast isn't finished just yet. I am sure that Ike still has a chance. But apart from that, Lyn's gameplay actually looks rather nice. Also, I noticed that Frederick uses wind moves. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

Huh, you don't see it? Weird. But oh well. XD Either way, she's adorable. 

Yes, I recall you saying that. I love them all regardless, though some more than others. Frederick is one of the higher ones. Though I enjoy Henry a LOT. I dunno, that cheerful twisted dark personality of his that hides a lot of emotional trauma gets me. 

Good. :D

Let's just hope that Ike does get in. Warriors cast isn't finished just yet. I am sure that Ike still has a chance. But apart from that, Lyn's gameplay actually looks rather nice. Also, I noticed that Frederick uses wind moves. 

Yaaay. I actually was told that a lot about her. ^^ Glad I made such a likable character!

I see! Henry can be pretty hilarious, I admit.

Yeah, the cast isn't done yet, true. And Lyn's gameplay does look rather nice, yeah. I would've preferred that Freddy's element be fire because of his campfire thing, but I'm cool with him having wind too because that was always my element in FE7 as the tactician. So Freddy and I match here! lol

Yaaay. I actually was told that a lot about her. ^^ Glad I made such a likable character!

I see! Henry can be pretty hilarious, I admit.

Yeah, the cast isn't done yet, true. And Lyn's gameplay does look rather nice, yeah. I would've preferred that Freddy's element be fire because of his campfire thing, but I'm cool with him having wind too because that was always my element in FE7 as the tactician. So Freddy and I match here! lol

Mhm. 

Yup. Honestly, Henry's personality had a huge change in the localization, but its not that bad at all in my opinion. Actually, its even more twisted in the localized version. 

Mhm. So rather than juts seeing the fact that Lyn is in but not Ike yet, focus on the epic gameplay she brings and the jiggle physics that she is defying. XD

Silver lining. So far, I think there are only 4 cavalry units. Frederick, Xander, Leo, and Elise.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Mhm. 

Yup. Honestly, Henry's personality had a huge change in the localization, but its not that bad at all in my opinion. Actually, its even more twisted in the localized version. 

Mhm. So rather than juts seeing the fact that Lyn is in but not Ike yet, focus on the epic gameplay she brings and the jiggle physics that she is defying. XD

Silver lining. So far, I think there are only 4 cavalry units. Frederick, Xander, Leo, and Elise.

I heard Henry was changed a good bit in localization, yeah.

The jiggle physics are weird to me. They don't seem to make sense. I mean, boobs DO jiggle in real life, but...I don't think they do it like that.

Yeah, I hope we get Camus and Silas as lance cavs.

Just now, Anacybele said:

I heard Henry was changed a good bit in localization, yeah.

The jiggle physics are weird to me. They don't seem to make sense. I mean, boobs DO jiggle in real life, but...I don't think they do it like that.

Yeah, I hope we get Camus and Silas as lance cavs.

Some would disagree. I am not that some. 

No, they don't. Then again, when has anime or games that ever showed off boobs EVER been properly functioning as realistic? 

I think Fates gave more than enough characters though. I like Silas, but if Fates will try to squeeze in one more unit, it has to be Azura. Camus though I would want in. Everyone tremble at the might of the might of Camus the Sable and his Gradivus! 

Speaking of Gradivus, any lance user that ISN'T a flier in?

Some would disagree. I am not that some. 

No, they don't. Then again, when has anime or games that ever showed off boobs EVER been properly functioning as realistic? 

I think Fates gave more than enough characters though. I like Silas, but if Fates will try to squeeze in one more unit, it has to be Azura. Camus though I would want in. Everyone tremble at the might of the might of Camus the Sable and his Gradivus! 

Speaking of Gradivus, any lance user that ISN'T a flier in?

Yeah, I suppose you're right on the jiggling thing. xP

True, but I do think we could use both Azura and Silas as lances. Right now our only lance wielders are three Pegasus knights. So yeah, we need lancers that aren't fliers. :P

Yeah, I suppose you're right on the jiggling thing. xP

True, but I do think we could use both Azura and Silas as lances. Right now our only lance wielders are three Pegasus knights. So yeah, we need lancers that aren't fliers. :P

When fanservice has girls with boobs, jiggle is a must. Though why would Lyn be subject to that? Everyone knows her main appeal has always been her legs. Come on, girls aren't all about boobs. 

Like I said, Fates has way too many. I can only imagine just 1 more character from there, so Azura as the lancer. And I figured as much. Meaning that we need some ground lancers, but the ONLY lancer that's a ground unit I know would be Oboro... 

Its really weird how many soldiers are shown with lances, but no ground unit played in FE from my recollection are lancers unless they are the armored knights. 

When fanservice has girls with boobs, jiggle is a must. Though why would Lyn be subject to that? Everyone knows her main appeal has always been her legs. Come on, girls aren't all about boobs. 

Like I said, Fates has way too many. I can only imagine just 1 more character from there, so Azura as the lancer. And I figured as much. Meaning that we need some ground lancers, but the ONLY lancer that's a ground unit I know would be Oboro... 

Its really weird how many soldiers are shown with lances, but no ground unit played in FE from my recollection are lancers unless they are the armored knights. 

We've had a few infantry lancers that weren't armors. Lukas in Echoes, and Nephenee, Devdan/Danved, and Aran in Tellius. But they aren't common, no.

And I agree, girls aren't all about boobs... Some girls don't even have much of a chest. Lucina's flat. Cordelia is also kind of flat. I'm also flat, so I find it kind of hurtful for people to act like boobs are so important. xP

26 minutes ago, Motendra said:

To be completely fair, Lucy had extra hurdles to hike over, which is the fact that much of what she delivers was already present with both Chrom and Marth (the two people that she derives from), in addition to being 2nd generation (for some reason), and being a swordie. The only actual thing against Lyn was the fact she had a sword and was not from the 3 focuses. Taking those factors into account, had Awakening been in the same position as Blazing Sword, she'd arguable have even less a chance, or even not put in at all, which amazes me how she became an exception twice now.

Note the past tense.

Even though I could make a case against this, does it honestly matter? By trying to justify her loss you're only making yourself out to be a sore loser who can't seem to get over the fact that for the first time, she lost at something, despite the many things she has to her name that Lyn doesn't have. And I'd like to think you're better than that

Not sure what the tense matters. I'm concerned though as unreasonable as it may seem. IS loves polls, and this may change they way they do things. I don't want one of my favorites to be replaced. It's bad enough Chrom is a laughing stock these days, and so many seem to be clamoring for the collapse of Awakening's legacy as it is.

Also, you give me too much credit, but thanks. I get riled when the Lyn supremacists start up and talk about how she is so much better and more popular. I still believe it was relatively close though, and Lyn will probably end up getting those things too, though a Smash roster slot really seems to be all she is lacking.

I may sound like a nut, but that's just how I am.

We've had a few infantry lancers that weren't armors. Lukas in Echoes, and Nephenee, Devdan/Danved, and Aran in Tellius. But they aren't common, no.

And I agree, girls aren't all about boobs... Some girls don't even have much of a chest. Lucina's flat. Cordelia is also kind of flat. I'm also flat, so I find it kind of hurtful for people to act like boobs are so important. xP

Oh yes, Lukas was the first playable soldier class, a class that is otherwise reserved for fodder NPCs that get killed off quickly. But yeah, such an uncommon class for some reason. Though I hear so many praises for Nephenee, mostly from BlazingKnight. If she's gonna be in Heroes, along with Black Knight, no doubt he'll be after them. 

Is Lucina flat? Thing is, she could just be hiding her real bust size. Given how she was disguised as Marth, bindings are possible. Codelia is flat though and she admits that she is. But I agree with you. Girls aren't limited to boobs for their charm. Plus, I think emphasizing too much on that also hurts the character. I bet no one can think about Camilla without thinking of her boobs. Least we have girls like Celica. She looks pretty but she's not emphasizing on the boobs. Mae is like Lyn, more on the legs and thighs. 

Wait, am I legit having this conversation? Wow. 

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Oh yes, Lukas was the first playable soldier class, a class that is otherwise reserved for fodder NPCs that get killed off quickly. But yeah, such an uncommon class for some reason. Though I hear so many praises for Nephenee, mostly from BlazingKnight. If she's gonna be in Heroes, along with Black Knight, no doubt he'll be after them. 

Is Lucina flat? Thing is, she could just be hiding her real bust size. Given how she was disguised as Marth, bindings are possible. Codelia is flat though and she admits that she is. But I agree with you. Girls aren't limited to boobs for their charm. Plus, I think emphasizing too much on that also hurts the character. I bet no one can think about Camilla without thinking of her boobs. Least we have girls like Celica. She looks pretty but she's not emphasizing on the boobs. Mae is like Lyn, more on the legs and thighs. 

Wait, am I legit having this conversation? Wow. 

I don't care much for Nephenee, personally. She's meh to me.

Yeah, Lucina is flat. There was an official art of her in a swimsuit, that also featured Lissa and Maribelle. And Lucina was totally flat in it. She also looks flat in her bunny suit in Heroes.

lol don't worry, I've had weirder ones before. Though unintentionally. :P

True that Lukas was the first playable soldier, but technically he promotes into an Armor Knight.

I didn't notice Lyn's boob jiggles either. Boobs don't turn me on anyway. At least hers aren't blatant like Camilla's. The way she sways toward the camera pretty much says to you, "Come 'ere, sexy boy. Tee hee."

*shudder* No thank you.

Watched the trailer again, I think Lyn has a part in the story. There was a voice saying something along the lines of "You are strong enough, your kingdom has nothing to worry about". I thought it was Lissa at first because it was when it cut to her, but after listening again it was definitely Lyn.

She may be a part of the story after all.

Edited by Tolvir

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Watched the trailer again, I think Lyn has a part in the story. There was a voice saying something along the lines of "You are strong enough, your kingdom has nothing to worry about". I thought it was Lissa at first because it was when it cut to her, but after listening again it was definitely Lyn.

She may be a part of the story after all.

That could just be one of those "congratulating you on a kill milestone" lines. Especially with how nonspecific it is.

12 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't care much for Nephenee, personally. She's meh to me.

Yeah, Lucina is flat. There was an official art of her in a swimsuit, that also featured Lissa and Maribelle. And Lucina was totally flat in it. She also looks flat in her bunny suit in Heroes.

lol don't worry, I've had weirder ones before. Though unintentionally. :P

As a character, yes. Nothing outstanding. As a unit, apparently she's epic.

True. Well, I dunno if completely flat, but I guess one can call her that when compared to others. 

Yes, but its still weird when I'm talking about a girl's sex appeal to a girl when I'm a guy. That's rather awkward. Meh, no point in pretending I can avoid the matter. Least we're talking about fictional characters. 

11 minutes ago, Baron the Shining Blade said:

True that Lukas was the first playable soldier, but technically he promotes into an Armor Knight.

I didn't notice Lyn's boob jiggles either. Boobs don't turn me on anyway. At least hers aren't blatant like Camilla's. The way she sways toward the camera pretty much says to you, "Come 'ere, sexy boy. Tee hee."

*shudder* No thank you.

Like I said. Lyn is more the legs and thighs. 

As a character, yes. Nothing outstanding. As a unit, apparently she's epic.

True. Well, I dunno if completely flat, but I guess one can call her that when compared to others. 

Yes, but its still weird when I'm talking about a girl's sex appeal to a girl when I'm a guy. That's rather awkward. Meh, no point in pretending I can avoid the matter. Least we're talking about fictional characters. 

Really? I've tried using her and she wasn't ever that great to me as a unit...

I guess that is kinda weird, yeah. :P

well, my negativtity towards the title dropped a bit

I wish they had revealed her a bit earlier, and maybe if they have some more characters not from those 3 games the hype would have been a lot higher

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? I've tried using her and she wasn't ever that great to me as a unit...

I guess that is kinda weird, yeah. :P

I wouldn't know. I never played the game really. You can blame the scarcity of the series now.

Indeed it is. But well, if I didn't offend you, then that's good.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

That could just be one of those "congratulating you on a kill milestone" lines. Especially with how nonspecific it is.

Then why say your kingdom will be fine? Taking into context the story of this game, the OC's kingdom being taken over by monsters, and then add most of our other main story characters saying similar lines, it fits.

Edited by Tolvir