Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Is this really re occurring thing among the Warriors games?

There's rarely any PR for Musou games period, as far as I can tell. This is the first title I know of where they've been giving out interviews left and right.

For instance, DW9 is making a bunch of characters clones due to the new engine and they haven't said a word about it, leaving fans to their arguments.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Lord-Zero said:

Sorry but that's pretty impossible for me now. The "classic FE character" that was added was precisely the one I "hate" the most so I'll remain bitter. At least as DLC, I have the option of NOT getting her at all. That's better than having to see her face in the vanilla roster.

To hate a character so much that even seeing them fills you with anger. I do not envy you. I don't even feel that way about Bowser Jr. and I HATE that lil shit..

11 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

If only there was a jiggly physics option with the option to tobe down the jiggle physics..

You mean like in Tecmo Koei's other big series, Dead or Alive? That would be nice..have None to Extreme and all in-between.

Note: this may not be worded exactly as you said it in the original post..I accidentally deleted some and can't do undo on my phone..

11 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

I'll admit, I got a chuckle out of the sudden turnabout myself.

I'm pretty apathetic-leaning-towards-disapproving in regard to jiggle physics but it's almost worth having it on Lyn just for the sudden shock when everybody noticed it.

I at least like a little, personally, since none either looks weird to me or makes me think they're fake.

10 hours ago, Ether said:

To put it bluntly, the reaction to Lyn's announcement confuses me. For an Ike fan, a Hector fan, an Ephraim fan, etc, aside from those characters being announced directly, Lyn being revealed is literally the best thing you could have hoped for. Lyn being in the game sets a precedent that Warriors is explicitly NOT only SD/Fates/Awakening, just that those games are the main focus. This is massive, it means that a popular enough character can be in the game, possibly even the base game, even if they aren't from those games, something that by this point seemed like a pipe dream at best.

Let's say that, before now, Ike(as an example) had a 5% chance of being in the game. He's popular, he's well known, but the game is clearly focusing on the Big 3 games. He could force his way in with brute force, but there's no logical reason to think that would happen. Better to save him for FE warriors 2 - Elibe/Tellius edition, let him be the big focus of his own game, rather than shoehorned into this one. I'll even be generous and say that Ike being storyless DLC fanservice bumped his chances to 10%, but this is an overstatement.

But now? Lyn is in the game, we know, for a FACT that non-SD/3DS characters are options. Aside from Lyn, Ike is the most popular of them all. His chances are a hell of a lot better than our 10% from earlier, let's be modest and and say... 60% chance of being in the base game, 80-90% of being in if we include DLC.

Well damn, that's a jump. And before BUT IKE WASN'T ON THE LEAK, neither was Navarre, and we're still missing the armour knight they've said in interviews will be in the game. The leak seems unlikely to be the final roster, even if all of the characters on said leak end up being in the game. 

As for Lyn being base game and Ike being DLC, as I've seen mentioned, there are a few possibilities. First off, Ike might be in the base game and just not revealed yet, in which case it's just paranoia, or there's also the possibility that Lyn and Ike were both intended to be DLC, but Lyn was made first and they happened to get her model enough along to fit her into final bugtesting and just put her in the game at base as a sign of good will.

As for the people complaining about the PR for this game, it's always been dicey. What did you expect at this point, really? 

Okay, that's my rant over, for now. 

I feel the same way.

10 hours ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

Honestly, the leak sort of ruined my hype for this, but I'm still happy to see Lyn in the game. While I would have much rather seen Hector or Eliwood, Its understandable why they chose lyn (first character many players saw when they started playing fire emblem on GBA).

I'm crossing my fingers that Shadow Dragon didn't get extremely shafted. If recent leaks are anything to go by, then the fact that Navarre is in the game is a good sign.

While Lyn is by and far my fave in FE GBA, I do hope for Hector too, at least as DLC. I doubt Eliwood will get in though, only because of Roy looking near identical to him. Maybe Eliwood could be a fRobin/Smash style skin alt for Roy though.

9 hours ago, Anacybele said:

I think we're kinda getting off topic tho. I just hope Lyn's inclusion here really does mean Ike has a high chance of being in the base game too, instead of the opposite like I've been fearing.

I'd say it does. Before Lyn was announced, I was fearing a mention I heard about them wanting to wait until a sequel to include anyone not from SD, Awakening, or Fates, even as DLC. Now with Lyn in, it gives me more hope at seeing Ike, Roy, Hector, and maybe even the Sacred Twins. I'm still worried about Tharja for now though lol.

Slight change of subject, which version of Ike would you like to see appear? Path of Radiance or Radiant Dawn? While I don't have a preference over either base design, I want PoR Ike simply because I want his Upgrade Class design playable (it's my fave male FE design..even if I can't recall it's name other then knowing it's not 'Great Lord').

9 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

When fanservice has girls with boobs, jiggle is a must. Though why would Lyn be subject to that? Everyone knows her main appeal has always been her legs. Come on, girls aren't all about boobs.

Which is why I was thrown when Lyn's render had such short legs..Hopefully it's just a case like Brawl Capt. Falcon where the render has oddly short legs but normal ones in-game. 

8 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Angry. I find Lyn boring, but she got in. Not only that, SD only has 3 character s. Awful.

As was said, Navarre was leaked by Nintendo of Europe..so the box art leak does not have all of the remaining characters.

7 hours ago, ChickenBits said:

I just realized something, my little heart will break if Caeda doesn't have the Wing Spear. Although three lance users who are peg knights doesn't exactly shout balance. BUT with the sheer amount of swords balance doesn't really matter anymore ?.

Maybe she'll be able to use both since we can equip different weapons.

7 hours ago, L9999 said:

Call me crazy, but it would be more interesting to see CLY Lyn copypasted into this game instead of yet another foot swordfighter. What's with this fetish with swordfighters? 

As I said above, maybe characters can equip other weapons too.

That said, FE has always had a sword fetish..most games with weapons do. Most important characters in FE weild swords, just how it is.

22 minutes ago, Lau said:

I do have to wonder why they showed off Lyn before any SD characters bar Marth...

She'd have made a nice little surprise if they hadn't shown her off at all.

Probably because this Direct was for North America and Europe as well and Lyn is more well known in those regions then most of Shadow Dragon's cast. Due to being Japan centric, and having Marth's seiyuu there, TGS will probably reveal the bulk of or all of Shadow Dragon's characters..perhaps even the final base game characters period..unless they choose to do a Fire Emblem Warriors Direct shortly before the Japanese release.

23 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There's rarely any PR for Musou games period, as far as I can tell. This is the first title I know of where they've been giving out interviews left and right.

For instance, DW9 is making a bunch of characters clones due to the new engine and they haven't said a word about it, leaving fans to their arguments.

Apparently having interviews is now a bad thing for a pr if this game's reception is go any by

3 hours ago, Lau said:

Well considering Shadow Dragon was said to be one of the main games that they'd be pulling from, it's the biggest slap in the face. We all expected SD to get shafted, but only three characters? That's ridiculous.

It doesn't help that the Lyn fans have been unbearable lately, it's disgusting. Yes, she's popular, yes, we're all mostly happy for all of you, but it gives you absolutely no right to gloat and rub it in other people's faces. I've even seen some Lyn fans blatantly say "You should all be happy Lyn got in" or "I don't understand why people are raging about Lyn?"

Newsflash, not everybody likes Lyn.

Honestly, NoE slipping up could not have come at a better time - I'd have been insanely salty if I hadn't seen Navarre.

Kind of makes you wonder if it was intentional.

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Kind of makes you wonder if it was intentional.

If it was, then that's really...not nice of them to play with my feelings like this...the Archaneans are some of my favourites, so I'll reiterate because I'm milking this for all it's worth - #ThankFuckForNavarre

Honestly, we knew balancing the weapon triangle was likely just an excuse the moment they revealed that both of the main characters were sword users. As for SD getting the short end of the stick, yeah, it sucks. I'm not convinced it has much to do with Lyn's inclusion though.

Edited by Cysx
end, not hand

9 minutes ago, Lau said:

If it was, then that's really...not nice of them to play with my feelings like this...the Archaneans are some of my favourites, so I'll reiterate because I'm milking this for all it's worth - #ThankFuckForNavarre

Well, I meant it being more one of those NoE realized that the Lyn reveal was a bad idea, so someone there threw SD fans a bone to help tide them over and mitigate salt.

Sorry i'm late to the party, went to bed early last night. Seeing Lyn in the game makes me really happy since she's one of the best characters from Fire Emblem 7 and since that game is my favorite in the series I'm glad it's finally getting at least a little representation, also she's voiced be Wendy Lee so that makes me extremely happy as a fan of her past works(I'm a particularity big fan of her role as Faye Valentine on Cowboy Bebop). Don't get me wrong though, I still like Awakening and Fates, but they've been so overexposed that I'm getting tired of seeing them everywhere, even Shadow Dragon seems to be getting the short end of the stick and I thought that was impossible! Regardless I'm starting to get even more exited to find out how this game turns out, hopefully we some more FE7 characters in the future along with characters from the other GBA games and the Tellius saga.

16 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, I meant it being more one of those NoE realized that the Lyn reveal was a bad idea, so someone there threw SD fans a bone to help tide them over and mitigate salt.

Well, only time will show whether it was a bad idea. At least I don't think there will be massive cancel of pre-orders, actually I wouldn't be surprised if amount of it went up now.

25 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I highly doubt that, I don't think that NoE, of all branches, would even stop to consider "ooeck, this is gonna peeve a lot of people off, lets spoil the surprise about Navarre!".

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Of course people will be able be unhappy if their favorite characters get left out. Angry, and sure they why not? But taking it on fans  that  actually got lucky for once is hardly legit. 

Being lucky doesn't warrant the behavior some have displayed. It's not that bad here, just poor wording but take one look in the YouTube comments. Some of the more popular ones are about how Lyn is finally a worthwhile character amongst a terrible cast. Lyn isn't everyone's favorite character.

And why is that problem? Vocal jerks are vocal, that's nothing new. But using terms like "Lyn fans" or "Lyn's fandom"  and claim have terrible manners. It shouldn't be Lyn but character XYZ instead it's ruined now. Game it terrible because they put her in. Lyn lost gauntled? Serves them right because 2-chan was bashing someone. This really feel like pot calling Kettle black. And I myself feel pretty offended being grouped with such people. 

In first place why are we even dragging toxicity from other places here? It's not like youtube or some boards are official face of fandom. At least here on serene there are no troublemakers in Lyn camp (as far as I can say, you are free correct me). I could name couple of serene posters from other camps who can get rather rowdy though, even if it isn't as radical as on other places

Edited by Tenzen12

12 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

And why is that problem? Vocal jerks are vocal, that's nothing new. But using terms like "Lyn fans" or "Lyn's fandom"  and claim have terrible manners. It shouldn't be Lyn but character XYZ instead it's ruined now. Game it terrible because they put her in. Lyn lost gauntled? Serves them right because 2-chan was bashing someone. This really feel like pot calling Kettle black. And I myself feel pretty offended being grouped with such people. 

In first place why are we even dragging toxicity from other places here? It's not like youtube or some boards are official face of fandom. At least here on serene there are no troublemakers in Lyn camp (as far as I can say, you are free correct me). I could name couple of serene posters from other camps who can get rather rowdy though, even if it isn't as radical as on other places

I haven't seen anyone bash Lyn here? So I don't know where you've been. The worst that has been said is that it doesn't bode well for SD, and then questions such as why Lyn over Hector or Ephraim?

26 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Being lucky doesn't warrant the behavior some have displayed. It's not that bad here, just poor wording but take one look in the YouTube comments. Some of the more popular ones are about how Lyn is finally a worthwhile character amongst a terrible cast. Lyn isn't everyone's favorite character.

I think the exact same argument can be used for Ike, who is almost hands-down one of the most popular characters for Fire Emblem, and is seen everywhere to the point of exhaustion for some fans. Even on Serenes, I've seen a lot of Ike fans bashing Lyn fans because if she can get in, why can't he, and so and and so forth. It's a bit baffling, as a poster above as mentioned. If Lyn got in, the chances for Ike have been raised exponentially, and as one of the people who is genuinely tired of seeing him everywhere, I think that's a good thing for the game as a whole.

Overall, it's probably not a good idea to be grouping all fans together for some behaviour being seen in and outside of Serenes. There's already enough in-fighting as it is over popularity contests, and it can make the series look pretty bad for newcomers and veterans alike. Plus, it's generally just exhausting for fans who just want to be excited rather than be dragged through another round of internet hissy-fitting. True, that doesn't make any insulting or patronizing behaviour okay, and I'm not pleased with the subset of Lyn fans who are going too far, but after years of being subject to Ike being shoved down my throat, I can understand where they come from, you know? Not everyone loves everyone, but we all do love the series. Better to focus on that than anything else.

46 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

29 minutes ago, Skywolfe said:

I think the exact same argument can be used for Ike, who is almost hands-down one of the most popular characters for Fire Emblem, and is seen everywhere to the point of exhaustion for some fans. Even on Serenes, I've seen a lot of Ike fans bashing Lyn fans because if she can get in, why can't he, and so and and so forth. It's a bit baffling, as a poster above as mentioned. If Lyn got in, the chances for Ike have been raised exponentially, and as one of the people who is genuinely tired of seeing him everywhere, I think that's a good thing for the game as a whole.

Overall, it's probably not a good idea to be grouping all fans together for some behaviour being seen in and outside of Serenes. There's already enough in-fighting as it is over popularity contests, and it can make the series look pretty bad for newcomers and veterans alike. Plus, it's generally just exhausting for fans who just want to be excited rather than be dragged through another round of internet hissy-fitting. True, that doesn't make any insulting or patronizing behaviour okay, and I'm not pleased with the subset of Lyn fans who are going too far, but after years of being subject to Ike being shoved down my throat, I can understand where they come from, you know? Not everyone loves everyone, but we all do love the series. Better to focus on that than anything else.

Hence why I said "some". The majority of Lyn fans are actually quite nice and civil, not once have I grouped the entirety of fans that like Lyn. If it seemed like that I apologize for my poor word choice. I was under the impression you were dismissing everyone for being lucky but that's probably just a misunderstanding on my part.

27 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm seeing more people complain about this so-called "bad behavior" from Lyn fans than I am seeing the bad behavior.

But what else is new?

Yeah, like, the latest notable bad behavior I've seen from those of Lyn's fandom was during the voting gauntlet. I don't browse reddit, but I haven't seen any cocky Lyn fans...

12 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Not sure what the tense matters. I'm concerned though as unreasonable as it may seem. IS loves polls, and this may change they way they do things. I don't want one of my favorites to be replaced. It's bad enough Chrom is a laughing stock these days, and so many seem to be clamoring for the collapse of Awakening's legacy as it is.

Also, you give me too much credit, but thanks. I get riled when the Lyn supremacists start up and talk about how she is so much better and more popular. I still believe it was relatively close though, and Lyn will probably end up getting those things too, though a Smash roster slot really seems to be all she is lacking.

I may sound like a nut, but that's just how I am.

The tense was purely so that we could eliminate hindsight from my case and look at it from the time period where she wasn't confirmed. As for Chrom, well, idk the general stance on him nowadays, as it almost seems like many have forgotten, from what I've seen. Nowadays, if he's mentioned at all its apparently how generic he is, from what I've seen.

As for Awakening's legacy, that's up for interpretation on a case by case basis, but its less so the dismantle of its legacy (even if I, myself, have some grievances despite liking the game) and more so loosening its grip on the series and finally moving on. No one can deny its impact on the series, but it becomes a problem when it seems to over saturate everything about Fire Emblem that everything before it might as well not exist. I mean, for crying out loud, the two games after it and they're STILL pointing back to it within both of said games. Worse even, that every official site that existed for past games no longer exist and instead re-direct you to Awakening's site; the only withstanding being the Japanese background site that still features Shadow Dragon and New Mystery

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because there are apparently Lyn supremacists (and by extension, Veteran & Classic supremacists) doesn't make it any better by becoming an Awakening supremacists to retaliate. Doing so is only further attributing to the divide in the fanbase and is why we can't have nice things, such as the Voting Gauntlet, which, seemed harmless fun at first.

Edited by Motendra

Nice to see Lyn and more Archanean characters such as Caeda and possibly Navarre.

39 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm seeing more people complain about this so-called "bad behavior" from Lyn fans than I am seeing the bad behavior.

But what else is new?

The bad behavior I have seen from them was just in the Voting Gauntlet and a few dumb Youtube comments for Lyn's reveal in Warriors that shouldn't be taken seriously. But yeah aside from that I have seen more complaints about it than than the bad behavior.

15 minutes ago, Motendra said:

The tense was purely so that we could eliminate hindsight from my case and look at it from the time period where she wasn't confirmed. As for Chrom, well, idk the general stance on him nowadays, as it almost seems like many have forgotten, from what I've seen. Nowadays, if he's mentioned at all its apparently how generic he is, from what I've seen.

As for Awakening's legacy, that's up for interpretation on a case by case basis, but its less so the dismantle of its legacy (even if I, myself, have some grievances despite liking the game) and more so loosening its grip on the series and finally moving on. No one can deny its impact on the series, but it becomes a problem when it seems to over saturate everything about Fire Emblem that everything before it might as well not exist. I mean, for crying out loud, the two games after it and they're STILL pointing back to it within both of said games. Worse even, that every official site that existed for past games no longer exist and instead re-direct you to Awakening's site; the only withstanding being the Japanese background site that still features Shadow Dragon and New Mystery

Two wrongs don't make a right. Just because there are apparently Lyn supremacists (and by extension, Veteran & Classic supremacists) doesn't make it any better by becoming an Awakening supremacists to retaliate. Doing so is only further attributing to the divide in the fanbase and is why we can't have nice things, such as the Voting Gauntlet, which, seemed harmless fun at first.

In Chrom's defense, most of the lords in my experience are pretty bland, but at least he's got some charisma. 

I can get that, and while I think it makes sense to pay the most homage to the breakout title, I think Fates made a fatal flaw by trying to be Awakening instead of being like Awakening. The problem comes when in their fight for recognition, they start to attack the modern as an inferior product. Granted, by a statistical point of view, Awakening and Fates should always be the forerunners, I don't hate the older ones, though I find myself liking them less the longer I'm here. They did exist, and they deserve recognition for what they did, but I'd wager the Awakening influence is here to stay, at least if they're smart. 

You're right though, but I still hate when people say Lyn annihilated Lucina and other like comments. I just don't like taking things lying down.

36 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

In Chrom's defense, most of the lords in my experience are pretty bland, but at least he's got some charisma. 

I can get that, and while I think it makes sense to pay the most homage to the breakout title, I think Fates made a fatal flaw by trying to be Awakening instead of being like Awakening. The problem comes when in their fight for recognition, they start to attack the modern as an inferior product. Granted, by a statistical point of view, Awakening and Fates should always be the forerunners, I don't hate the older ones, though I find myself liking them less the longer I'm here. They did exist, and they deserve recognition for what they did, but I'd wager the Awakening influence is here to stay, at least if they're smart. 

You're right though, but I still hate when people say Lyn annihilated Lucina and other like comments. I just don't like taking things lying down.

Adding on to his defense, unlike most lords who had to grow into the leadership role, Chrom already was one (well, granted, he still had to grow into the role of ruler following Emm's passing, which i suppose is kinda the same????).

Never mind the fact that Awakening itself, pays homage to the entire series in subtle and not so subtle ways, yet not many take the time to acknowledge that. Nevertheless, while their recognition is earned to a degree, it has to eventually end. Awakening has had 5 years and Fates 3. If they were being fair, this should be Echoes' turn for not even being half a year old.

For the sake of the good in the newer faction and the fanbase as a whole, we must endure and rise above it all. (though I consider myself to be in an odd spot for being inbetween both veteran and modern via the DS remakes, but thats neither here nor there)

Personally, I'm excited. I get why people are a bit annoyed, but I don't think it's that big of a deal haha, after all this game is kinda focused on fan service. I hope everyone's favorite could get it, but that's very not likely. I didn't think Lyn was going to be in this game, as she was under used in till recently, and I was still going to get this game. Now I just have even more of a reason lol. 

4 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

As I said above, maybe characters can equip other weapons too.

Didn't we get told that wasn't happening?

4 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

Apparently having interviews is now a bad thing for a pr if this game's reception is go any by

It's more that they said stupid things in interviews and then seemed to contradict themselves. That's when interviews become bad PR and that's what happened.

2 hours ago, Florete said:

But what else is new?

Its happening on both sides. Ive seen Lyn fans over on the reddit talking about the salty Lyn haters, but there was maybe one post that was someone legitimately pissed.

People love to try and paint a picture to support their side, no matter how false it is.

12 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

Didn't we get told that wasn't happening?

It's more that they said stupid things in interviews and then seemed to contradict themselves. That's when interviews become bad PR and that's what happened.

Exactly. Between saying they made the choice to exclude other games to keep down the amount of swords, while having 8 sword wielders just revealed, to this happening they keep shoving one foot after another in their mouth. Its like their devs that are doing interviews and the people running what gets revealed and what doesnt arent talking at all.

Almost every single issue people have complained so far about could of been avoided by putting just a bit of thought into what was going to be said at interviews and what was going to be revealed. But due to the shear randomness of everything so far, its been a clusterfuck from hell. This may be the worst handling I have seen as far as trying to promote a game goes.

Edited by Tolvir

41 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Adding on to his defense, unlike most lords who had to grow into the leadership role, Chrom already was one (well, granted, he still had to grow into the role of ruler following Emm's passing, which i suppose is kinda the same????).

Never mind the fact that Awakening itself, pays homage to the entire series in subtle and not so subtle ways, yet not many take the time to acknowledge that. Nevertheless, while their recognition is earned to a degree, it has to eventually end. Awakening has had 5 years and Fates 3. If they were being fair, this should be Echoes' turn for not even being half a year old.

For the sake of the good in the newer faction and the fanbase as a whole, we must endure and rise above it all. (though I consider myself to be in an odd spot for being inbetween both veteran and modern via the DS remakes, but thats neither here nor there)

I think he does change subtly after becoming a family man and the main ruler, it's just we never got to see that.

Perhaps, but reach also has something to do with it. Biiger success boasts bigger rewatds and whatnot.

At the very least, for those unhappy about Lyn, at least now we can find some catharsis in besting her in game. Always a silver lining I suppose.