Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

5 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I think he does change subtly after becoming a family man and the main ruler, it's just we never got to see that.

He went home and became a family man!

Also to say something about that, I feel they forgot about baby Lucina's existance.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

It's more that they said stupid things in interviews and then seemed to contradict themselves. That's when interviews become bad PR and that's what happened.

I'm sure Ike & Hector would totally save the game & not have people whine some more right? God know that would be a 1st in the FE community.

Now that I've slept on it, I'm in my 'cool, yeah, whatever' phase. Lyn's in, so that's neat. The box leak is real, but it isn't the entire roster, so that's cool. I'm done being salty about it. It's not worth it. It also made me look a little hypocritical because I got on people for dropping the game (not that I was gonna but still) because of the roster. Now I can (vainly) hope that Ephraim will be a character already in the game and not DLC (which he totally will be possibly).

Edited by Konnor97

24 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I'm sure Ike & Hector would totally save the game & not have people whine some more right? God know that would be a 1st in the FE community.

Nope, people will whine about them too, because this fanbase is so divided on everything. 

I know a number of people who utterly despise Hector and people who say Ike fans and Tellius fans in general are spoiled brats.

14 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I don't mind Elise or Xander, I just want to recreate his shining moment from Birthright.

I want to fight Ryoma with another Ryoma (if it was possible in Free Mode or whatever) for a similar reason.

Also, in general, I'm rather meh on Lyn (I think Hector would have been better for the base game), but now that she's in, that means the potential for her to interact with M!Robin is looking pretty damn decent, whether it's in some kind of Reward Map scenario or bond conversation, or maybe both.

After sleeping on the debating over yesterday's reveal, I have come to realize a few notable things...

First, the idea of secret characters seems very plausible. In fact, if that is the case, it would be very exciting to find what characters they put in for us. I won't be mad if that's not the case though.

Secondly, I'm actually really hyped for this game. I wasn't at first since it wasn't a traditional FE game, but it seems really cool now. I don't know why, but Lyn's reveal just made something snap for me and now I'm fully invested in this game.

Lastly, the fact that Lyn wears some kind of pants under her skirt bothers me. FE Heroes, why did you tease me with that artwork?

I'm pleasantly surprised that she's in, she was one of the characters I liked from Blazing Blade so I'm glad to have one of my favorites manage to make their way in. I'm looking forward to seeing more of how she plays as she looks pretty good so far and I'm hoping her playstyle will be fun to use.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Nope, people will whine about them too, because this fanbase is so divided on everything. 

I know a number of people who utterly despise Hector and people who say Ike fans and Tellius fans in general are spoiled brats.

Yea, but surely Sigurd & Leif would have help the pr, right? Or would the purist just rub that in?

Day 2 thoughts: I was bothered at first because again we get no Shadow Dragon characters in lieu of yet another sword infantry from outside the main trinity of games, but the Caeda and Navarre leaks eased my pain.

3 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

11 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yea, but surely Sigurd & Leif would have help the pr, right? Or would the purist just rub that in?

At this point? No, neither would help the PR enough. Stop putting words in my mouth. I just said that the PR team clearly should have stayed on course instead of rocking the boat at this point because it just created even more controversy. I had accepted things as they were. Was I that happy? Not really. But I had no more real rage towards it at this point. The whole issues I have with the PR started when the devs first started giving their "logical" reasons for doing things. To be honest, they should have either kept their mouths closed and said, "I don't know who might be in, just wait and see *crazy laugh*" or stick to their guns. The reveal is somewhat hypocritical. Am I happy it's an older character? Yes. Am I mad at the PR team for not having any idea what they're doing? Yes. Will my mood towards them affect my purchase? No. Will anything at this point make the fanbase 100% happy? It never was going to be. Will people continue being assholes on every side? The comments on youtube and here make me believe so. I think I'm gonna just drop out from this topic all together as I'm just repeating myself and other people at this point and I want to do that less often from now on. I'll still probably getting the game, but I hope the PR team gets their shit together if we get another crossover like this as they clearly were having some issues to say the least. 

TL;DR Fuck this shit I'm out and I'll still buy the game, I just hate the PR team. 

16 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Multiple people (not listing names) on the Discord have given up on the game because they included a swordie from a non-focus game. With Navarre and Celica, we've got 11 sword wielding characters-- there are a total of 14 sword lords in the series.
Their express purpose for limiting the roster was to avoid having too many swords. They were already cutting it close (pardon the pun), but with three more swordies-- two of which are outside the focus games --they have utterly demolished what credibility was left in their PR. Though I personally don't see it as a reason to drop the game, the PR department has dug its own grave. They may as well just have included every sword lord at this point, which just revives roster complaints.

7 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

God Lyn fans are something else entirely. But the reactions to the voting gauntlet proved that already...

First off, why are fanbases for certain characters suddenly a common thing now (in terms of specific FE characters)? Second off I'd avoid grouping people off like this entirely, otherwise you'll end up just as toxic as the smash community is over their "reps."

Personally I think the best thing to do for those who are concerned about this game is to wait for the rest of the roster to be revealed. Who knows, it may be pleasantly surprising.

48 minutes ago, familyplayer said:

At this point? No, neither would help the PR enough. Stop putting words in my mouth. I just said that the PR team clearly should have stayed on course instead of rocking the boat at this point because it just created even more controversy. I had accepted things as they were. Was I that happy? Not really. But I had no more real rage towards it at this point. The whole issues I have with the PR started when the devs first started giving their "logical" reasons for doing things. To be honest, they should have either kept their mouths closed and said, "I don't know who might be in, just wait and see *crazy laugh*" or stick to their guns. The reveal is somewhat hypocritical. Am I happy it's an older character? Yes. Am I mad at the PR team for not having any idea what they're doing? Yes. Will my mood towards them affect my purchase? No. Will anything at this point make the fanbase 100% happy? It never was going to be. Will people continue being assholes on every side? The comments on youtube and here make me believe so. I think I'm gonna just drop out from this topic all together as I'm just repeating myself and other people at this point and I want to do that less often from now on. I'll still probably getting the game, but I hope the PR team gets their shit together if we get another crossover like this as they clearly were having some issues to say the least. 

TL;DR Fuck this shit I'm out and I'll still buy the game, I just hate the PR team. 

Not putting anything in your mouth man. As far I can tell you're trying to be a lot more reasonable than I see to most. I'm not calling you out on anything. If you're trying to assuage me I can tell you it's pointless cuz right now I'm too pissed off at the community. Am I making worse, probably but can't break what's already broken. At very least you're trying to give an explanation unlike some of us here.

47 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

Multiple people (not listing names) on the Discord have given up on the game because they included a swordie from a non-focus game. With Navarre and Celica, we've got 11 sword wielding characters-- there are a total of 14 sword lords in the series.
Their express purpose for limiting the roster was to avoid having too many swords. They were already cutting it close (pardon the pun), but with three more swordies-- two of which are outside the focus games --they have utterly demolished what credibility was left in their PR. Though I personally don't see it as a reason to drop the game, the PR department has dug its own grave. They may as well just have included every sword lord at this point, which just revives roster complaints.

& I don't care anymore, it's friggin spin off game, let them whine all it proves is how contagious the FE fanbase is.

I'm going to reserve judgment on the roster until release, so this video is basically how I feel about further speculation. Fortunately the Japanese launch is only two weeks away so I don't need to endure this suffering for too much longer.

49 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

With Navarre and Celica, we've got 11 sword wielding characters-- there are a total of 14 sword lords in the series.

I'm under the impression that Koei Tecmo did want to avoid having too many swords, but IS made them include Lyn (as the CYL winner, even though Ike got more votes in total) and Celica (to promote SoV). As for Navarre, if he does dual-wield swords, it's possible that made him a worthwhile inclusion to Koei even if he was yet another sword user.

Of course those characters were probably added before the developers said they wanted a balanced weapon triangle, so it doesn't really make sense unless the roster is much bigger than we think it is.

54 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

It's still valid enough. If they had to include almost or every lord there would be no room for non-Lord sword users. This is about the ammount of sword weilders I was expecting, ratio-wise. Lyn, like Lucina, may have been a demand from Nintendo/IS.

Beyond that, while Celica has a sword, she'll probably be more like a Red Mage and sling spells as well as swing swords and not a pure swordswoman.

6 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

It's still valid enough. If they had to include almost or every lord there would be no room for non-Lord sword users. This is about the ammount of sword weilders I was expecting, ratio-wise. Lyn, like Lucina, may have been a demand from Nintendo/IS.

Beyond that, while Celica has a sword, she'll probably be more like a Red Mage and sling spells as well as swing swords and not a pure swordswoman.

The confirmed roster is half sword users now, though; they may as well have just included all the lords plus a few popular characters from recent games. The weapon variety argument doesn't work any more.