Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

At this point I really dont care about weapon variety. I think if we get at least a few more weapons thrown in, mainly some lance users besides pegasus, another infantry axe user that wasnt originally a cleric, another pure mage or two, and another archer and we are good. I would like to see some thieves too, but seeing as daggers are absent for weapon type, I think we can rule them out, unfortunately.

I dont think the weapon triangle is going to be as effective as its being made out to be, considering we have about half the cast using swords.

Edited by Tolvir

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget Bow users, clearly minority in the game with only 2 people using as it main weapon. 3 if you're including Lucy who's having affair with her lance & God knows why Lyn isn't using 1. Maybe we could've 4 if Alm was in the game but nope he would've another sword user & we can't have that now.

2 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

@Tolvir On top of that, the Awakened state makes characters effective against everything.
The WT seems more like fluff than actual game depth.

27 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I dont think the weapon triangle is going to be as effective as its being made out to be, considering we have about half the cast using swords.

Not sure I agree with this. Even if the cast is primarily sword users I don't think it encourages you to man full sword teams. Being at a disadvantage seems to have significant drawbacks, for example the enemies start blocking your attacks.

28 minutes ago, Namarid said:

Not sure I agree with this. Even if the cast is primarily sword users I don't think it encourages you to man full sword teams. Being at a disadvantage seems to have significant drawbacks, for example the enemies start blocking your attacks.

Didnt know about enemies blocking attacks, thats interesting. To be honest, a lot of this is speculation, so who knows what we end up with. For all we know we have a 50 character roster. I highly doubt that is the case, but its just the situation we have right now. For being so close to launch, we really dont know a lot about this game.

Edited by Tolvir

8 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Honestly, the Weapon Triangle is probably this games Elemental System. Effective, but not massively so, while being inbalanced (look at Hyrule Warriors' weapon elements)

The elemental system in Hyrule Warriors actually starts matter by a lot once you level them up and start getting to the harder missions. It makes certain characters lean more towards being able to vanguish certain types of officers more easily (and just as easily, certain missions become easier or slightly harder depending on the character used). That said, it's not the end-all-be-all for the game, but as something that rewards the player for bringing certain characters/weapons, it's still important to note overall.