Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

So I slept on it. Not as annoyed anymore. The things that bothered me about Lyn's inclusion is that it completely contradicts all logic and reasoning that the devs used to justify the roster choices. 

They wanted to focus on 3 games to avoid an influx of sword lords. This is reasonable and makes sense. They wanted to pick characters based on their relationships with others. Makes sense from a story standpoint. Then they add Lyn... I guess I shouldn't be taking what they say seriously anymore. 

Despite Lyn being a nonsensical addition, I'm glad she's in the game. The main thing I want from the game is for it to do well and if Lyn helps towards that then I won't get too hung up on how she may stick out during the story if she appears. 

An extended trailer of the fates reveal that features Lyn and Marth doing there awakening musou's.

Edited by Namarid
Added video

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

God damn...so much of bashing.

I didn't bother with the leak. All I'm bothered is that Lyn's in Warriors and You guys shouldn't express anger towards that. This means that they can literally choose who they want to for the game...

8 minutes ago, Harvey said:

God damn...so much of bashing.

I didn't bother with the leak. All I'm bothered is that Lyn's in Warriors and You guys shouldn't express anger towards that. This means that they can literally choose who they want to for the game...

I personally don't care about Lyn, I am not angry that a character I don't care for got in, most people here aren't.

What's been happening is that many people are still waiting for SD reveals, and without the accidental trailer leak of Navarre we would now be assuming SD to only gett 3 characters. Furthermore, Lyn means yet another sword unit in a cast already overflowing with them. Considering their "Too many swords" spiel, the PR team isn't exactly looking very truthful here. This now leaves other people shouting "Where is Ike? Where is Roy?" etc, and do you honestly believe they will all be inserted into the base game? Unlikely. The PR team has shot themselves in the foot with this and meanwhile SD fans are still left squinting at blurry screenshots for characters from a supposed "main game". Had they revealed Lyn after introducing the SD cast, as a neat little surprise for her fans, I doubt there would be as many people complaining.

What's worse is some of Lyn's fans showing zero empathy on this, telling us we had no right to be mad after feeling slapped in the face in multiple ways. While the situation doesn't look as grim anymore, it's still ridiculous to expect us to jump for joy at the news. That's not even mentioning some Lyn fans outright gloating about this. You have every right to be happy over these news, but you should accept that not everyone is.

15 minutes ago, Nanima said:

What's been happening is that many people are still waiting for SD reveals, and without the accidental trailer leak of Navarre we would now be assuming SD to only gett 3 characters. Furthermore, Lyn means yet another sword unit in a cast already overflowing with them. Considering their "Too many swords" spiel, the PR team isn't exactly looking very truthful here. This now leaves other people shouting "Where is Ike? Where is Roy?" etc, and do you honestly believe they will all be inserted into the base game? Unlikely. The PR team has shot themselves in the foot with this and meanwhile SD fans are still left squinting at blurry screenshots for characters from a supposed "main game". Had they revealed Lyn after introducing the SD cast, as a neat little surprise for her fans, I doubt there would be as many people complaining.

Koei's PR says a lot of things that I would remain skeptical of what they say. What they said was on par with Ubisoft's "it's harder to animate women" excuse, and they know it. I don't think they particularly care if the fanbase is inflamed, considering roster arguments are the main reason people were upset with the Warriors franchise. It's really not new to me.

I mean, this game was speculated as being a cool idea for a crossover for years, and now that it is actually being developed most FE people just want to argue about roster. Feels like I'm on Koei Warriors again.

Edited by Tryhard

Well considering Shadow Dragon was said to be one of the main games that they'd be pulling from, it's the biggest slap in the face. We all expected SD to get shafted, but only three characters? That's ridiculous.

It doesn't help that the Lyn fans have been unbearable lately, it's disgusting. Yes, she's popular, yes, we're all mostly happy for all of you, but it gives you absolutely no right to gloat and rub it in other people's faces. I've even seen some Lyn fans blatantly say "You should all be happy Lyn got in" or "I don't understand why people are raging about Lyn?"

Newsflash, not everybody likes Lyn.

Honestly, NoE slipping up could not have come at a better time - I'd have been insanely salty if I hadn't seen Navarre.

Can we start a new trend? #ThankFuckForNavarre

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

Well considering Shadow Dragon was said to be one of the main games that they'd be pulling from, it's the biggest slap in the face. We all expected SD to get shafted, but only three characters? That's ridiculous.

It doesn't help that the Lyn fans have been unbearable lately, it's disgusting. Yes, she's popular, yes, we're all mostly happy for all of you, but it gives you absolutely no right to gloat and rub it in other people's faces. I've even seen some Lyn fans blatantly say "You should all be happy Lyn got in" or "I don't understand why people are raging about Lyn?"

Newsflash, not everybody likes Lyn.

Honestly, NoE slipping up could not have come at a better time - I'd have been insanely salty if I hadn't seen Navarre.

Can we start a new trend? #ThankFuckForNavarre

Just beat Navarre's map in Mystery Book 1 today. I believe I described his recruitment as "I don't fight women. Since you asked, I'll join."

I'm fairly sure you could point that at this situation and it would be relevant. Anyone need more proof Caeda is the best character in all of Archanea?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Just beat Navarre's map in Mystery Book 1 today. I believe I described his recruitment as "I don't fight women. Since you asked, I'll join."

I'm fairly sure you could point that at this situation and it would be relevant. Anyone need more proof Caeda is the best character in all of Archanea?

Caeda is Fire Emblem's Queen, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Her character goes a lot deeper than people think.

49 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Of course people will be able be unhappy if their favorite characters get left out. Angry, and sure they why not? But taking it on fans  that  actually got lucky for once is hardly legit. 

I am not "taking it out on fans". I have seen plenty of Lyn fans just happy that she is in and being perfectly civil about it. I have no problem with those people. What I do have a problem with are Lyn fans who try to tell us how we are supposed to feel about this reveal or even worse outright gloat at us/act extremely smug about it. It's an important difference in attitude. I won't deny that there are many negative voices aimed at Lyn specifically over this, but just like I don't lump all Lyn fans in with the gloaters, it would be nice if you could stop labeling all our criticism as "fan bashing".

18 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

The fact Caeda uses her own looks to recruit Roger into Marth's army is one. Also I agree on Caeda being the Queen of Fire Emblem since Marth is the king. Anna is the merchant that secretly runs everything and Lucina is the spoiled granddaughter

23 minutes ago, Lau said:

Caeda is Fire Emblem's Queen, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Her character goes a lot deeper than people think.

Well Caeda shares her English voice actor with Persona 5's Queen ("Queen" being a code name in that case), so you're more accurate than you think.

Truly, she is the original Best Girl.

Edited by Lightchao42

51 minutes ago, Lau said:

It doesn't help that the Lyn fans have been unbearable lately, it's disgusting.

It does make it a little hard to be empathetic to Lyn after all the vulgarity that has been displayed. Throwing insults, dissing anything not GBA, doxxing of Camilla supporters and then comments about this game, such as "This game only has s*** characters from s*** games." and "Now that Lyn is in this game finally has a good character that isn't s***.". At the end of the day, It's just the immature part of the fan base doing their thing again while making innocent Lyn fans look bad unfortunately.

Edited by donkeykhang

Hmmm, that's certainly true, we have such people among us. But are you really saying you didn't see same level of BS among other fandoms? Elitism isn't something GBA has monopoly and I also wouldn't say it's something more prevalent there  than elsewhere (though certainly not less).

CYL gauntlet was extreme because way it happened. If for example Lyn lost Lucina in straightforward way, huge amount people would still shit on everything, but it probably would escalate into this degree. Well and I think if, for example Roy were to win by multiplier against Ike, backslash would probably be also same.

Did you hear about this Amibo blog (or whatever it is) with Tittle "Daily reminder that Roy is not our Boy"? That's some really nasty piece of work for one.

Edited by Tenzen12

34 minutes ago, Nanima said:

I am not "taking it out on fans". I have seen plenty of Lyn fans just happy that she is in and being perfectly civil about it. I have no problem with those people. What I do have a problem with are Lyn fans who try to tell us how we are supposed to feel about this reveal or even worse outright gloat at us/act extremely smug about it. It's an important difference in attitude. I won't deny that there are many negative voices aimed at Lyn specifically over this, but just like I don't lump all Lyn fans in with the gloaters, it would be nice if you could stop labeling all our criticism as "fan bashing".

This. The people who are saying that Lyn's inclusion redeems this game and are questioning why people are upset are the most annoying. Lyn being in because of 'lol popularity' shouldn't be at the expense of SD which is what it looked like was happening before Navarre got leaked.

#ThankFuckForNavarre is very appropriate (and pretty funny) considering he probably prevented Lyn from getting treated way worse and has brought some hope among SD fans in regards to the leak

1 minute ago, Namarid said:

This. The people who are saying that Lyn's inclusion redeems this game and are questioning why people are upset are the most annoying. Lyn being in because of 'lol popularity' shouldn't be at the expense of SD which is what it looked like was happening before Navarre got leaked.

#ThankFuckForNavarre is very appropriate (and pretty funny) considering he probably prevented Lyn from getting treated way worse and has brought some hope among SD fans in regards to the leak

As someone who thinks the former about Lyn's inclusion, it's mostly a case of 'finally, someone I know'. I was heavily resigned to the game not appealing to me at all back when all we had were two games I don't find to my liking, and a third that's mostly JP only bar one game that makes a questionable decision that makes the completionist in me die a little (har har). With Lyn, it goes from 'some random Warriors spinoff with a few interesting points, but not worth my time or money' to 'a Fire Emblem Warriors spinoff with a few worrying ideas, but a potential fun time' just with a little tweak.

Of course, I am not, nor have I ever, stated that my views on the game are global, just not insignificant enough to ignore (surely I'm not the only fan in this boat?). So I'm probably not even who you were talking to in the first place.

25 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Hmmm, that's certainly true, we have such people among us. But are you really saying you didn't see same level of BS among other fandoms? Elitism isn't something GBA has monopoly and I also wouldn't say it's something more prevalent here  than elsewhere (though certainly not less).

CYL gauntlet was extreme because way it happened. If for example Lyn lost Lucina in straightforward way, huge amount people would still shit on everything, but it probably would escalate into this degree. Well and I think if, for example Roy were to win by multiplier against Ike, backslash would probably be also same.

Did you here about this Amibo blog (or whatever it is) with Tittle "Daily reminder that Roy is not our Boy"? That's some really nasty piece of work for one.

Actually I wasn't referring to here specifically or any other specific group. I was just lamenting on some unfortunate behaviour that I see here and there, perhaps a little too much, I shouldn't be dwelling on and highlighting the negativity. As for the blog thing, I'm sure it's worse than I'd imagine and I'll stay clear.

Also congrats Lyn fans, hope KT does her justice for ya. :Lyn:

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

As someone who thinks the former about Lyn's inclusion, it's mostly a case of 'finally, someone I know'. I was heavily resigned to the game not appealing to me at all back when all we had were two games I don't find to my liking, and a third that's mostly JP only bar one game that makes a questionable decision that makes the completionist in me die a little (har har). With Lyn, it goes from 'some random Warriors spinoff with a few interesting points, but not worth my time or money' to 'a Fire Emblem Warriors spinoff with a few worrying ideas, but a potential fun time' just with a little tweak.

Of course, I am not, nor have I ever, stated that my views on the game are global, just not insignificant enough to ignore (surely I'm not the only fan in this boat?). So I'm probably not even who you were talking to in the first place.

A viewpoint like yours is fine. I expect the Lyn fans to be happy about Lyn's inclusion, there's nothing wrong with that all. If she makes the game more appealing to you that's great. It's when it's taken to the extremes which then annoys me. For example, saying the game was complete garbage but Lyn makes everything better is infuriating.

7 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Angry. I find Lyn boring, but she got in. Not only that, SD only has 3 character s. Awful.

SD actually has 4 characters, since NOE forgot to scrub Navarre out of the background. This means the CE box doesn't have the full roster. And since Navarre started as an enemy, I think Minerva and Camus have a real shot. 
How do things look now?

12 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

SD actually has 4 characters, since NOE forgot to scrub Navarre out of the background. This means the CE box doesn't have the full roster. And since Navarre started as an enemy, I think Minerva and Camus have a real shot. 
How do things look now?

Better, much better.

Probably, because IS assumed (and probably correctly), That Lyn would rise sell. I mean even if people are bashing around seeing her they will still buy games for other characters and people who are not into 3DS titles may as well start pre-order now.

It's not that ilogical. You can't satisfy everyone, but as long as you satisfy major fandoms you will make money.

Edited by Tenzen12

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

I personally don't care about Lyn, I am not angry that a character I don't care for got in, most people here aren't.

Sure as hell could've fooled me.

3 hours ago, Tryhard said:

Koei's PR says a lot of things that I would remain skeptical of what they say. What they said was on par with Ubisoft's "it's harder to animate women" excuse, and they know it. I don't think they particularly care if the fanbase is inflamed, considering roster arguments are the main reason people were upset with the Warriors franchise. It's really not new to me.

I mean, this game was speculated as being a cool idea for a crossover for years, and now that it is actually being developed most FE people just want to argue about roster. Feels like I'm on Koei Warriors again.

Is this really re occurring thing among the Warriors games?