Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

Hell yes! Lyn! One of the four characters I wanted in this game! (the others being Anna, Micaiah, and Lucina) I had given up hope but Lucina was right, hope never dies.

This made a lot of fans very happy...and a lot of other fans very angry.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Folt said:

Hm... Given how they showed her, Lyn might not appear in Story Mode.

She would make no sense to appear in story mode.

4 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

Another sword user? I'm more skeptical about the balance of playable weapons in this game than anything else, to be honest.

Swords were always going to be the most plenteous, that much was almost certain. Though bringing in an outsider character to use a sword is a bit extreme.

1 minute ago, Azz said:

As I said in the leak topic, this is a massive slap in the face. I pretty much accepted that only FEA, Fates and SD plus some OCs would be featured, but now they go and completely contradict themselves and gimp SD and what little roster count it was gonna get compared to FEA and Fates.

I mean I like Lyn and she looks damn fine in Warriors, but I'm pissed none the less.

Honestly I thought her model looked off.

I was really surprised to see Lyn during that Direct. I was not expecting her, but I will be happy that she is in. FE7 is my favorite game, so having some representation in Warriors is nice.

On the other side, It also means another sword user. And it is another thing for people to complain about. 

3 minutes ago, Lau said:

And the SD cast gets shafted once again. Considering that SD was specifically mentioned alongside Awakening and Fates, THIS feels more like a slap in the face than it does the likes of Ike or the others not getting in.

I've said this before...I'm indifferent to Lyn, but she wields a sword, so much for too many swords. I've supported this game since the beginning despite everything and I just...ugh. I don't know how to feel, I've been up for 20 hours, I can't do this right now...

But to make it clear, I'm still buying the game.

I don't understand why they even mentioned SD being a main entree. If they said it was just Awakening and Fates with some other characters mixed in they could avoided so openly alienating yet another part of the Fanbase. Dismissing most veterans from the start is already quite bad but pretending that a part of the fanbase is getting catered to and then yanking it away from them is even worse. 

2 minutes ago, Moondrag said:

Pardon me for asking, but in terms of weapon users (Ignoring classes, just weapons), how many of each are we up to now?

Depending on how many characters SD gets, far too many sword users.  SD has been shafted hard. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Okay guys, so I'm honestly excited for Lyn. I'll be honest when I say I did want shadow dragon to be revealed beyond Marth. But guys, the community has been complaining about lack of representation from other games, WELL WE JUST GOT LYN FROM FE7!!!! Yeah I would love it if Ike or Roy got in (even in place of her) but this means that the roster will be larger in terms of representation then we first thought with the info given. Tiki and Caeda will most definitely get in, and though I think that representation is poor, it may be all they do for Shadow Dragon due to how little the general fandom knows about it (not saying on here though, most of us do know Shadow Dragon, but we're only a small-decent size of the community) and yeah bad PR and all, still excited for this game and soo ready to play it.

Assuming the leak is true, I think the only way we get 'balance' in the weapons available is that the box art doesn't show the entire roster.  Given the existence of class movesets, they might use that to bring in a lot more characters, since the work to create a character is reduced.

Of course, the only way we can know this is if they show a character that wasn't on the leaked box art.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

5 minutes ago, Moondrag said:

Pardon me for asking, but in terms of weapon users (Ignoring classes, just weapons), how many of each are we up to now?

Not counting M!Corrin and F!Robin as separate characters or the boxart leak:

9 Swords

2 Lances

3 Axes

2 Bows

3 Tomes

Edited by Azz

Well, all logic from my perspective was thrown out the window. Why announce three focus titles when it is more like two (Awakening, Fates) with other Fire Emblem characters? I gotta agree with Tolvir on this one as I honestly believed the there would be the focus on the "three titles" and the "weapon triangle."

While I love Lyn and always planned on getting the game, the information for Fire Emblem Warriors is literally all over the place. Since the "box art" leak is likely real now (Lyn, Celica, Anna), then I really am questioning how many Shadow Dragon characters will make it in or how large the roster will be. If the final roster is indeed 25, there remain so many holes that baffle my mind.

1. Where is Azura? The VA hinted doing something, unless it was not for Fire Emblem Warriors.
2. Where is the playable Knight? I had my guess on Draug or Kellam, but nothing has revealed itself on this front.
3. Where is the Shadow Dragon representation? I expected there to be a disparity between games, but not like this. (Marth, Caeda, and Young!Tiki alone do not make up Shadow Dragon)

Like i don't understand anything

lets go back in time when the first trailer released for FE:W everyone losing their shits for Lyn/Hector/Ike/Eliwood/Seliph etc. and now ? like i really don't understand now you guys are mad because no Azura/too many swords/only Marth for SD a good reminder : we have TGS and people in Japan love SD characters. this ISN'T the final roster can't we please enjoy this for now ?

Edited by FiyaaEmburem

This probably the only character reveal that has upset me so far. Lyn has no business being in the game whatsoever. Wtf happened to the 'too many swords' argument that they used to justify their game selection. I seriously hope that she has no influence on the game's story and is just an extra character that can be used in other modes. I also hope that SD didn't get fucked like the leak is suggesting, I was excited to use some SD characters because I'm unfamiliar with them. No hype at all to use Lyn.

Honestly, I'm happy for Lyn fans (I really don't care about her, but whatever), but I'm frankly worried for the general opinion of this game more.

The inclusion of Lyn undermines their arguments of trying to balance out the roster. People are going to be arguing about the inclusion of Lyn over other lords like Hector and Ephraim... it's going to be a huge shitshow. It doesn't matter whether Koei or Nintendo insisted on her inclusion at this point, the game is going to be the primary target of toxic comments.

Also if SD gets shafted while Lyn is in the game... let's say certain people will be REALLY, REALLY peeved.

Edit: Oh yeah, where's Azura? She literally fits all their previous criteria. Character relations, from Fates, has the potential for a unique water-based moveset, and is lance infantry. She's literally perfect. If this proves that the leaks are real, then this is the biggest missed opportunity ever.

Edited by SageOfAnys

1 minute ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

Like i don't understand anything

lets go back in time when the first trailer released for FE:W everyone losing their shits for Lyn/Hector/Ike/Eliwood/Seliph etc. and now ? like i really don't understand now you guys are mad because no Azura/Too many swords a good reminder : we have TGS too this ISN'T the final roster can't we please enjoy this for now ?

Timing didn't help. Plus, if she's half as popular as the more active fanbase claims, she kind of overshadows the entirety of the rest of the cast.

I like Lyn but this not good, no Alm or Ike and SD is not going to have anyone I like.  The only character I was holding out hope for was Minerva and looks like I won't be getting to smash enemies with her.  I will still get the the game but because of this I won't be getting the LE and I have every LE since Fates including TMS.