Lyn Confirmed

The DanMan

Just now, LucarioGamer812 said:

I just watched the trailer as the stream lagged for me at that part, YESS CORDELIA'S ENGLISH VA ISN'T TRASH!!!

Yeah, it was a really pleasant surprise - especially with how cheesy the dialogue we've heard so far got at times.

I just got Awakening. I should find time to play it soon...

On the bright side (relatively speaking, of course, depending on who you are) I'm excited to see Anna in action, especially if she uses an Axe a la Heroes.

I don't know if this was actually stated but according to some people on Twitter Koei Tecmo said she wouldn't be playable. Either they were wrong or KT really have been tweaking the roster based on feedback (but if Azura got cut as a result that really puzzles me).

Edited by DefyingFates

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am definitely happy with Lyn getting in, now I can get a consider actually buying game, but... why sword?!  It wouldn't hurt give her bow, would you it? 

I like Lyn as swordmaster, I would like to lie if I said otherwise  but it certainly make claims about the game balance sound like miserable farce. 

1 minute ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

Like i don't understand anything

lets go back in time when the first trailer released for FE:W everyone losing their shits for Lyn/Hector/Ike/Eliwood/Seliph etc. and now ? like i really don't understand now you guys are mad because no Azura/Too many swords a good reminder : we have TGS too this ISN'T the final roster can't we please enjoy this for now ?

People are mad because we were told one thing (The game would focus on SD/Awakening/Fates) but now they have gone and contradicted themselves and have included Lyn more than likely because of her popularity. Thus people are know angry because they relised that their favourite characters could have gotten in only the weren't popular enough and this especially extends to Ike/Hector/Roy fans since their favourite character is popular but is probably not gonna get in for the base game but yet Lyn is, despite what we were told.

4 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

lets go back in time when the first trailer released for FE:W everyone losing their shits for Lyn/Hector/Ike/Eliwood/Seliph etc. and now ? like i really don't understand now you guys are mad because no Azura/too many swords/only Marth for SD a good reminder : we have TGS and people in Japan love SD characters. this ISN'T the final roster can't we please enjoy this for now ?

Different people complain about different

Ooh, I can tell you all now what the reveals will be for TGS. Caeda, Tiki, and guess what? Celica.

I'm so sorry, but this hurts. It really does sting. I love the Archaneans, and I was so excited to see who they were going to pick, and now...ouch.

I can accept this. I think it's safe to assume that we all agree that Lyn at least DESERVES to be in this game, right?

I'm still not sure if this makes the "leak" real or not (I'm one of the few who would be okay with that) since Lyn is a pretty safe guess if you were willing to believe that there would still be characters outside of the three main games mentioned.

As for the balance issue, I think this game would just be better if the game lost the triangle system. There shouldn't be any weapon "effectiveness" which would negate the "too many swords hurts balance" argument and lets us get the characters we really want (a large majority of which use swords).

Also, her model looks a little weird. Not horrible, just different compared to her artwork in other games. Good enough, I suppose.

In general, this fits right in with my expectations. 

I wonder how history mode will work now with the criminally low amount of Shadow Dragon characters. I guess Shadow Dragon may just be screwed over in that too. Setting Archanea bias aside, i'm still disappointed that we got Lyn over Eliwood and Hector (who both have more potential for a more interesting moveset) due to popularity.

2 minutes ago, Azz said:

People are mad because we were told one thing (The game would focus on SD/Awakening/Fates) but now they have gone and contradicted themselves and have included Lyn more than likely because of her popularity. Thus people are know angry because they relised that their favourite characters could have gotten in only the weren't popular enough and this especially extends to Ike/Hector/Roy fans since their favourite character is popular but is probably not gonna get in for the base game but yet Lyn is, despite what we were told.

It makes Koei look like a bunch of desperate liars. This is not good at all. 

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Yeah, it was a really pleasant surprise - especially with how cheesy the dialogue we've heard so far got at times.

I just got Awakening. I should find time to play it soon...

Yeah, I loved it, as they haven't shown her english VA yet, it's always been her in japanese or her excluded from the english trailers.

It's a good game, has its faults which the community still can't get over, but I enjoy it immensely

1 minute ago, Altean Tactician said:

I wonder how history mode will work now with the criminally low amount of Shadow Dragon characters. I guess Shadow Dragon may just be screwed over in that too. Setting Archanea bias aside, i'm still disappointed that we got Lyn over Eliwood and Hector (who both have more potential for a more interesting moveset) due to popularity.

Archanea is irrelevant and only there because mascot Marth.  Fateswakening are the stars of the show.

You salty Lyn haters are precious, really made my day.

I do feel sorry for the SD fans, however. You really deserved more than 3 reps.

LOL @ "too many swords", they should have just made a balanced representation of the series if they cared so little about actual balance.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

She would make no sense to appear in story mode.

Well, that too. Honestly, I think it's pretty likely that these characters are probably going to be unplayable in the main Story Mode:

1. Lyn
  2. Celica
  3. M!Corrin
  4. F!Robin

... and possibly Anna too.

Oh, and Lyn's element is wind BTW.

4 minutes ago, BoringBoi said:

I can accept this. I think it's safe to assume that we all agree that Lyn at least DESERVES to be in this game, right?

No.

As part of a DLC pack, maybe and even so, I wouldn't get her. SD deserved better than just Marth and possibly Tiki. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

8 minutes ago, LucarioGamer812 said:

But guys, the community has been complaining about lack of representation from other games, WELL WE JUST GOT LYN FROM FE7!!!!

because 1-2 emergency characters likely forced in at the last second specifically to address these criticisms (and probably at the cost of the few characters they were expecting to get anyway), simultaneously compromising literally every single defense the game's roster could possibly have had, should be enough to address the game's serious roster issues

i don't think so chief

...now that I think about it, was Fates PR the same as this game's PR? A bunch of uncertain information or lack thereof that caused fans and new players to be confused and angry as stupid things happen?

Also, for anyone who checks the japanese side of things: How have they been taking to Lyn in the game and the lack of info?

Just now, Iridium said:

because 1-2 emergency characters likely forced in at the last second specifically to address these criticisms (and probably at the cost of the few characters they were expecting to get anyway), simultaneously compromising literally every single defense the game's roster could possibly have had, should be enough to address the game's serious roster issues

i don't think so chief

I still think she doesn't looks as finished as the rest. Maybe I should re watch it, but she looks like she had been added later.

15 minutes ago, FiyaaEmburem said:

lets go back in time when the first trailer released for FE:W everyone losing their shits for Lyn/Hector/Ike/Eliwood/Seliph etc. and now ? like i really don't understand now you guys are mad because no Azura/too many swords/only Marth for SD a good reminder : we have TGS and people in Japan love SD characters. this ISN'T the final roster can't we please enjoy this for now ?

It isn't difficult to understand.

The problem is that, considering the excuses they gave about the roster, it is idiotic of them to reveal another sword user. 

The weapon triangle was stated to be an important part of the battle system. Yes, while sword users are inevitably going to be plenty, they have the nerve to announce another one, despite being aware of the abundance of sword users and addressing this same issue. "Too many swords" but reveals another one? There is an obvious disconnect between that statement and this reveal, which either means someone picking these characters didn't get that memo or they just don't give a damn.

Look, Lyn can be in the game. The fact of the matter is revealing her now is stupid. If she is an NPC or whatever, it doesn't matter.

They should have announce someone over her. Like, someone from SD or someone not another sword user.

Edited by saisymbolic

1 minute ago, Folt said:

Well, that too. Honestly, I think it's pretty likely that these characters are probably going to be unplayable in the main Story Mode:

1. Lyn
  2. Celica
  3. M!Corrin
  4. F!Robin

... and possibly Anna too.

Oh, and Lyn's element is wind BTW.

I could see Celica being playable just because she does have some connection to the SD characters, but otherwise agreed. Although then it would be weird to just leave Lyn as the only unique character on the box that's not in the story mode... I dunno, I guess could see it going either way.

• "We wanted to focus on these three games"
  • "We wanted balance in the weapon triangle"
  • "We didn't want too many swords"
  • "We wanted characters to have connections to each other"
  • *reveals Lyn*
  • "lol jk"

Though technically we won't know if the leak is true unless Lyn's map sprite is the same, and Azura will still be in the game in some form unless Rena Strober meant that she was going to be in the next Smash Bros. or something.

3 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

Azura could be a History mode NPC.

Koei: "Hey, should we add the popular, water-bending, lance using, dancer main character from Fates? I'm sure we can do plenty with-"

IS: "Nah just add the little sisters we need more little girl representation"

Just now, Sayyyaka said:

Archanea is irrelevant and only there because mascot Marth.  Fateswakening are the stars of the show.

Don't rub salt in the wound...

All I can say is at least Takumi, Lissa, and possibly Celica look fun enough to fill my formally reserved spot for Merric or Minerva.