They forgot to photoshop a character out of a cutscene

RotomGuy

33 minutes ago, DefaultBeep said:

I suppose that's true for Caeda; I've always read it as "Kay-duh," so I didn't even think about it just being pronounced the same, but they could definitely go that route. Navarre is the real question for me.

Navarre's name has already been previously said out loud back when Heroes was first announced in the FE direct. Pronounced Nav-ARE

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Motendra said:

Navarre's name has already been previously said out loud back when Heroes was first announced in the FE direct. Pronounced Nav-ARE

Oh wow, I had forgotten all about that! Never mind then; they'll likely stick with that for Navarre, and probably just pronounce Caeda the same way as Shiida. Now I don't have to spend $40.

I've already decided to buy this game, but if Navarre is a sign of more Shadow Dragon characters, then I'll definitely be happy. Still hoping for Minerva, Camus, and either Linde or Merric (or maybe both!).

11 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Regarding the 25 character theory, it's entirely possible that the cards are just the 25 characters featured on the boxart, and the game itself has more (such as Navarre).

Navarre appearing has definitely made this particular idea more likely. Although if there are others, then they picked an odd selection for the boxart. Three Shadow Dragon characters, just Celica and Lyn (if there are others from their games, if not, then it's fine), no Azura (if she's even playable; if not, then this one's fine too), and both Corrins and Robins? The double Corrins and Robins is really what confuses me about the boxart.

Just now, DefaultBeep said:

Navarre appearing has definitely made this particular idea more likely. Although if there are others, then they picked an odd selection for the boxart. Three Shadow Dragon characters, just Celica and Lyn (if there are others from their games, if not, then it's fine), no Azura (if she's even playable; if not, then this one's fine too), and both Corrins and Robins? The double Corrins and Robins is really what confuses me about the boxart.

Celica is an oddity, yeah.

You'd think Alm would get in alongside her, and you'd think she'd be opposite him on the boxart like all the other symmetric character pairs are.

Lyn I could see being standalone, though, much to the chagrin of Eliwood and Hector fans.

3 hours ago, SageOfAnys said:

We might finally learn how to pronounce her name!

Well if TMS is anything to go by (and it's not perfect, given the Japanese VAs add Japanese touches like Chroma and Draugahe) it's "See-da". And yes, it is possible to get that out of Caeda in English, just as one can get Set-e out of Ced.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

Celica is an oddity, yeah.

You'd think Alm would get in alongside her, and you'd think she'd be opposite him on the boxart like all the other symmetric character pairs are.

Lyn I could see being standalone, though, much to the chagrin of Eliwood and Hector fans.

I think what Lyn has going for her is that she's the very first Lord in her game; sure, her section is pretty much just an unskippable tutorial, but it's still the first experience anyone would have with a Lord character going into FE7 for the first time. And ironically, the one thing people use against her inclusion might be the best reason for her to be in: she's largely unconnected to the main plot of her game. Eliwood and Hector are both integral to the story, but with Lyn, she could easily be taken from sometime during Lyn Mode, and she wouldn't need to have Eliwood or Hector (or anyone else really) come with her.

Celica, meanwhile, is the exact opposite. Not only is she not the first Lord, but both she and Alm are closely connected to the story and to each other. It's a much more jarring inclusion, although I admit that I'm more excited for her than I am for Lyn, so I'm not complaining much. Just... confused, really.

And looking more at the boxart, the bottom half is filled with oddities. Why is Celica across from Caeda? Why is Lissa across from Anna? And both are next to Marth, for some reason, while Caeda is below to the right and Tiki is above to the left, and across from Lyn, of all people. Frederick and Cordelia also don't make much sense, but at least they're from the same game. All of the Fates royals line up nicely, as do the other Awakening characters and the avatars. It's just the rest of the bottom half that gets weird.

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well if TMS is anything to go by (and it's not perfect, given the Japanese VAs add Japanese touches like Chroma and Draugahe) it's "See-da". And yes, it is possible to get that out of Caeda in English, just as one can get Set-e out of Ced.

Caesar is pronounced 'See-zar' in English, not 'Kai-zar', so Caeda can probably either 'See-da' or 'Kai-da'.

Sorry, your post reminded me of something from the FGO localization that is sort of meme-y, so I felt it had to be said.