Navarre possibly getting over Ogma.

?????

This is surprising. Didn't they use the Nintendo Dream for the popularity choices?

Ogma was the 3rd ranked character from Shadow Dragon, and Navarre was no where near the top.

Navarre was seen ranking higher on the CYL Heroes thing though but that was too recent... did that affect his chances so close to release? Is that even possible?

Or was it the Mirage Sessions bump?

I mean I believed Ogma offered more than Navarre on the field due to the possiblity of axes but... doesn't matter much at this point.

I still don't know where you're getting this from that Ogma was ranked 3rd (not that I discredit it, but I was always under the assumption it was Navarre that was over Ogma and have yet to see anything that would suggest otherwise)

This isn't solely due to popularity, from what I've seen the only character who got in solely on popularity is Cordelia.

And in a way Navarre is more iconic than Ogma in that he's the series' poster boy for recruitable enemy units, being the third overall and standing out more than the two (Darros and Castor) preceding him.

1 minute ago, Motendra said:

I still don't know where you're getting this from that Ogma was ranked 3rd (not that I discredit it, but I was always under the assumption it was Navarre that was over Ogma and have yet to see anything that would suggest otherwise)

ranked 3rd from shadow dragon's perspective, it was the poll for overall series. this one I believe. http://sourcegaming.info/2017/08/02/polls-fe-warriors/.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

especially given Navarre is the character if last I checked (my memory of Shadow Dragon is bad) was the first enemy character that could be recruited in the series.

nah, that would be Darros unless I'm missing anyone else out

though I wouldn't really be super surprised if Ogma makes it in too consider Caeda is there.

Considering Navarre was the first edgy, dark, swordsman type of character and the one of the first recruitable enemies in FE, he symbolizes a lot. Although Ogma would've made more sense in terms of relationships due to Caeda, Navarre could still work considering Caeda is the one to recruit him. 

8 minutes ago, Tryhard said:

nah, that would be Darros unless I'm missing anyone else out

though I wouldn't really be super surprised if Ogma makes it in too consider Caeda is there.

Ah, I see thank you for pointing out. He's so forgettable.

Edit: Oh and even Castor too is available in the same chapter as a enemy unit that can be recruited.

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

18 minutes ago, SageOfAnys said:

Considering Navarre was the first edgy, dark, swordsman type of character and the one of the first recruitable enemies in FE, he symbolizes a lot. Although Ogma would've made more sense in terms of relationships due to Caeda, Navarre could still work considering Caeda is the one to recruit him. 

Ogma also symbolizes a lot in the FE games: he's the first in an archetype of early-game usually-mercenary badasses that stay awesome throughout the game; arguably only getting better as they level up. 

Ogma was our first mercenary, and he actually has something of a connection to Navarre. I'd hope he makes it in.

And before someone brings in Ike superseding Ogma in the mercenary role (and the floodgates have been opened with the Lyn surprise), let me just say that Lyn-Ryoma-Navarre make for 3 eastern swordfighter types, we have room for two mercs.

Navarre is an awesome unit and character but I still hope Ogma make it in as that would mean we have someone representing the mercenary class and would possibly get maybe Borst, Corst or Cord as well. Plus Ogma, Corst, Borst and Cord are some of the first units you get in the game.