Lyn's marketing was actually pretty genius. Also Ike's chances.

?????

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I just hope that the Ike used is RD Ike to match his Amiibo. I know he was the less popular of the two Ikes, but he was still pretty popular anyway and he's still Ike. I can also see him getting a PoR alt.

I hope for the opposite honestly..if only due to the possibility of Ike getting his PoR class up costume and possibly a PoR Ike amiibo out of it.

Maybe the Smash amiibo could unlock Ike's RD looks as skins.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

I hope for the opposite honestly..if only due to the possibility of Ike getting his PoR class up costume and possibly a PoR Ike amiibo out of it.

Maybe the Smash amiibo could unlock Ike's RD looks as skins.

Nah, the RD Ike Amiibo is already a thing, and ever since, RD Ike has been the model to get used when the Amiibo is used. Fates and Codename Steam both used RD Ike since that's the Ike that got the Amiibo. So it would make sense to continue that trend and not suddenly have PoR Ike pop out of nowhere. Heroes doesn't count since it's not using Amiibo.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Nah, the RD Ike Amiibo is already a thing, and ever since, RD Ike has been the model to get used when the Amiibo is used. Fates and Codename Steam both used RD Ike since that's the Ike that got the Amiibo. So it would make sense to continue that trend and not suddenly have PoR Ike pop out of nowhere. Heroes doesn't count since it's not using Amiibo.

True, but it's not like there aren't characters with multiple amiibo figures such as Link & Zelda, Mario & Co, and Isabelle. With them starting this new Fire Emblem amiibo line, I can't see them leaving out characters like Ike, especially when it would allow those unable to get a Smash Ike amiibo a chance to get a FE Ike similar to the Mario Rosalina considering the scarcity of Smash Rosalinas.

With Fire Emblem Warriors using amiibo, the only figures readily available for it will be Chrom, Tiki, and if people are lucky, mCorrin, Alm, & Celica. I could see them using this to release new figures for Marth & Ike and possibly Robin & Lucina, if possibly in a new pose. Ike seems likely to me if only due to having a different, and more popular, design.

It's 50/50 which will appear by default since Smash & Heroes are both there to raise awareness of both designs.

However, if they want to recreate the Black Knight fight from PoR in History Mode, it'll like end up being PoR Ike chosen..unless they pull a fRobin/mCorrin and have both designs by default.

Edited by Deva Ashera

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Ike's amiibo isn't really a solid indicator. Marth uses his older design instead of his New Mystery/SSB4 design, despite the amiibo.

That being said, I'd expect RD Ike regardless.

7 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

True, but it's not like there aren't characters with multiple amiibo figures such as Link & Zelda, Mario & Co, and Isabelle. With them starting this new Fire Emblem amiibo line, I can't see them leaving out characters like Ike, especially when it would allow those unable to get a Smash Ike amiibo a chance to get a FE Ike similar to the Mario Rosalina considering the scarcity of Smash Rosalinas.

With Fire Emblem Warriors using amiibo, the only figures readily available for it will be Chrom, Tiki, and if people are lucky, mCorrin, Alm, & Celica. I could see them using this to release new figures for Marth & Ike and possibly Robin & Lucina, if possibly in a new pose. Ike seems likely to me if only due to having a different, and more popular, design.

It's 50/50 which will appear by default since Smash & Heroes are both there to raise awareness of both designs.

However, if they want to recreate the Black Knight fight from PoR in History Mode, it'll like end up being PoR Ike chosen..unless they pull a fRobin/mCorrin and have both designs by default.

We also have no evidence or confirmation that there will be more FE Amiibo made for this game though. So for right now, it's safe to assume RD Ike and his Amiibo would be in the game.

RD Ike has a fight with the BK too though. It'd be just as easy to use that one instead.

3 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ike's amiibo isn't really a solid indicator. Marth uses his older design instead of his New Mystery/SSB4 design, despite the amiibo.

Yeah, but that design is still similar enough, whereas RD Ike is more different from his PoR self.

All I'm gonna say is that if Ike gets in and not Roy and Alm, I will be pretty disappointed. All three of them deserve to get in, especially if Lyn (who doesn't have an amiibo) and Celica (who does have one) are the two characters the leaks show will get in, making them the first two characters outside of AwakeningFates/SD.

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

We also have no evidence or confirmation that there will be more FE Amiibo made for this game though. So for right now, it's safe to assume RD Ike and his Amiibo would be in the game.

RD Ike has a fight with the BK too though. It'd be just as easy to use that one instead.

Yeah, but that design is still similar enough, whereas RD Ike is more different from his PoR self.

Maybe, we'll end up seeing how it goes when Ike joins the game. Design of amiibo and design in-game have only matched when the amiibo unlocked Ike, or whatever character it's for..for example, in every Mario title bar Maker & Yoshi's Wooly World, WarioWare Wario & Dr. Mario were for default Wario and Mario. Then Hyrule Warriors used Smash Link, aka Twilight Princess Link, to unlock a Twilight Princess weapon, the Spinner. We could see similar use here with Smash Ike, aka Radiant Dawn Ike, unlocking that look for PoR Ike.

Using PoR Ike over RD Ike yet using Smash Roy in Heroes is also odd and they could, like (seemingly) Heroes, opt to go with PoR Ike due to that one being the main character whereas RD Ike was not due to Micaiah and Sothe filling that role, appearing instead as an important side-character.

I also don't feel the RD Black Knight fight is as iconic as PoR.

Like I said, I think either design has a 50/50 chance of being used.

Edited by Deva Ashera

3 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I'm honestly not expecting anyone other than Lyn to be in outside of the main 3 games, but I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Ike. Only time will tell, I guess.

Can you expect anything with this game anymore though, honestly? This game has been a wild ride of unexpected things, especially in recent days.

1 hour ago, Dandee Leone said:

All I'm gonna say is that if Ike gets in and not Roy and Alm, I will be pretty disappointed. All three of them deserve to get in, especially if Lyn (who doesn't have an amiibo) and Celica (who does have one) are the two characters the leaks show will get in, making them the first two characters outside of AwakeningFates/SD.

The 3 boys making it in i is a must but the devs ditching Alm for Celica is one thing i defintieily see happening. Look what happened to Chrom a few years ago on his ''smash'' debut, clearly being a main character does not guarantee you any appearances anywhere. Just ask Megaman X.

What makes it extremely depressive is the fact that BOTH Alm and Celica amiibos were released. If by the time Echoes was being developed, the Koei got the news from Nintendo... its extremely jarring to have them say ''hey just celica, who cares about alm''.

I still hold up some faith on Ike AND the Burger King himself. Those commercials were PRETTY overdone for just a phone game. The trailer was very Ike centered and there's posters of the CYL characters all over japan. Ike's absense on this game at this point is like skipping captain falcon on smash brothers. Something has to happen on TGS...

How are you REALLY gonna top Lyn's confirmation on the direct? just look at the comment sections everywhere. ''Where's Ike? Where's Roy?'' yeah.

2 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

The 3 boys making it in i is a must but the devs ditching Alm for Celica is one thing i defintieily see happening. Look what happened to Chrom a few years ago on his ''smash'' debut, clearly being a main character does not guarantee you any appearances anywhere. Just ask Megaman X.

What makes it extremely depressive is the fact that BOTH Alm and Celica amiibos were released. If by the time Echoes was being developed, the Koei got the news from Nintendo... its extremely jarring to have them say ''hey just celica, who cares about alm''.

I still hold up some faith on Ike AND the Burger King himself. Those commercials were PRETTY overdone for just a phone game. The trailer was very Ike centered and there's posters of the CYL characters all over japan. Ike's absense on this game at this point is like skipping captain falcon on smash brothers. Something has to happen on TGS...

How are you REALLY gonna top Lyn's confirmation on the direct? just look at the comment sections everywhere. ''Where's Ike? Where's Roy?'' yeah.

FInally someone who understand me and my reasonable frustrations... 

People who are familiar with Koei also say that they often favor female characters over male ones, hence the lopsided female to male ratio thus far. 

2 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

FInally someone who understand me and my reasonable frustrations... 

People who are familiar with Koei also say that they often favor female characters over male ones, hence the lopsided female to male ratio thus far. 

Actually they only favor females outside of their main series, because in Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors both they are hugely lopsided towards Males. Because of their historical nature partly.

Edited by Jedi

I really hope that Ike is reveled at TGS as well as Minerva.  Since they put most popular female they need to put most popular male as well.  I really think Celica if she is in the game is just as last minute as Lyn since IS had no idea if SoV was going to do well and I will be really sad if Alm is not in since left handed lord, but I think they won't put him in for that reason.

People keep bringing up that Koei tends to favor women in some of their Ips. But... I can't help but belive that people forget this is a NINTENDO game.

Nintendo and intelligent systems have both put their input that influenced the final outcome of the roster to Koei. And even if Koei is pro waifu culture, there have been plenty of opportunities for Nintendo to pander to the waifu crowd ONLY.

But they haven't.

Ever since awakening, the polls have been separate for both men and women, even if there were more votes on women, the male characters were never snuffed in the grand scheme of things.

Happened again in fates. Both genders, same attention. But the BIGGEST factor that Nintendo has been very careful with even representation was the CYL event.

Tharja herself had more votes than Roy. By numbers only, Tharja was the 4th highest rated character, behind Ike's PoR version.

Where's tharja's super sexy deluxe swimsuit waifu edition for CYL? Who knows, but Roy took priority cause he was the second most popular MALE from the franchise.

So Roy gets a new costume, badass unit representation, and a commercial to boot! aaaand Tharja stays as rule34 fodder.

The box leak for warriors is worrysome, but Navarre's appearance confirms more shadyness on the roster that at this point. I just can't doubt Nintendo at the end on this though.

Think about it this way... giving the fans Lyn, is like giving Marvel vs Capcom fans Psylocke... but NOT Wolverine.

Guys, Ike is Fire Emblem's Wolverine. If he isn't in, Nintendo really REALLY screwed the pooch. With all this tempest attention... as I said, stay hopeful but nothing set in stone. Just something to look forward to until TGS happens.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

37 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

People keep bringing up that Koei tends to favor women in some of their Ips. But... I can't help but belive that people forget this is a NINTENDO game.

Nintendo and intelligent systems have both put their input that influenced the final outcome of the roster to Koei. And even if Koei is pro waifu culture, there have been plenty of opportunities for Nintendo to pander to the waifu crowd ONLY.

But they haven't.

Ever since awakening, the polls have been separate for both men and women, even if there were more votes on women, the male characters were never snuffed in the grand scheme of things.

Happened again in fates. Both genders, same attention. But the BIGGEST factor that Nintendo has been very careful with even representation was the CYL event.

Tharja herself had more votes than Roy. By numbers only, Tharja was the 4th highest rated character, behind Ike's PoR version.

Where's tharja's super sexy deluxe swimsuit waifu edition for CYL? Who knows, but Roy took priority cause he was the second most popular MALE from the franchise.

So Roy gets a new costume, badass unit representation, and a commercial to boot! aaaand Tharja stays as rule34 fodder.

The box leak for warriors is worrysome, but Navarre's appearance confirms more shadyness on the roster that at this point. I just can't doubt Nintendo at the end on this though.

Think about it this way... giving the fans Lyn, is like giving Marvel vs Capcom fans Psylocke... but NOT Wolverine.

Guys, Ike is Fire Emblem's Wolverine. If he isn't in, Nintendo really REALLY screwed the pooch. With all this tempest attention... as I said, stay hopeful but nothing set in stone. Just something to look forward to until TGS happens.

Yeah..that's why I'm shocked to still not see Tharja given her popularity and it's not like we have too many on-foot mage (technically one due to both Robins essentially being one). I hope she'll be either a last minute reveal or early DLC.

Good comparison..though considering Wolverine is out of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's base game due to Fox issues..

Edited by Deva Ashera

27 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Yeah..that's why I'm shocked to still not see Tharja given her popularity and it's not like we have too many on-foot mage (technically one due to both Robins essentially being one). I hope she'll be either a last minute reveal or early DLC.

Good comparison..though considering Wolverine is out of Marvel vs Capcom Infinite's base game due to Fox issues..

It's moments like this that at least we only have to worry about roster picks, imagine if we had to ask for Fox or Sony for Ike's rights...

That being said even with Ike's potential inclusion. the roster is very VERY poor. The fact that Lissa is legit the only Axe infantry almost makes me vomit. I like Lissa, but this was legit Arthur's ONLY chance considering that VAIKE is basically forgotten in the void that was Chrom's shepherds, and Arthur has strong connections with one of the retainers.

The roster is, half the main characters of the marketed franchises. and... odd ducks like Lyn and Celica. So they didn't even commit to their own goal and just gave us bits and pieces of what might've been with all the main characters.

Imagine... Ike makes it in, and possibly Roy. whos out? Sigurd, Seliph, Leif, Eliwood and Eirika are swords, yet you have Julia, Hector, Ephraim, Micaiah and even Sothe to even it out.

I swear, the developers forget that half the point of the franchise is using the OTHER characters besides the Lords.

The lack of retainers and shepherds on what was supposed to be awakening and fates focused makes it very lifeless.

Because of these decisions, old fans don't get Hector. and Newer fans get their broken promises of other normal characters from fates and awakening. Like Tharja and Gaius, Lonqu, Niles whatever...

At this point the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster doesn't look as miserable as Fire Emblem Warriors. Yes, even with the lack of X-men.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

1 hour ago, Saint_Stahn said:

Yeah, Lyn is an actual main character & Psylocke is just stupidly popular. Not that I can't see the resemblance mind you.

25 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

Pretty sure Tharja is going to be in the game regardless, DLC or either wise.

Still going to be very bitter about Logan not being MVC: I. Right now I just flat out hate Marvel & beyond frustrate with Capcom.

5 minutes ago, Saint_Stahn said:

At this point the Marvel vs Capcom Infinite roster doesn't look as miserable as Fire Emblem Warriors. Yes, even with the lack of X-men.

Gonna thoroughly disagree with you there.

6 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Ill be honest, I would rather some new amiibos if we get more out of Warriors. I would kill for an Azura or Xander amiibo.

As far as roster goes, if anything hopefully its something they address with DLC. I know its not the most desirable answer, but at the very least I would like to see them address it sooner or later Especially if the roster has some major issues at launch. Right now I am staying cautiously optimistic, especially after Navarre and Caeda were spotted in the recent trailer.

Edited by Tolvir

8 hours ago, Anomalocaris said:

Really? I'd expect PoR Ike. He's the original, more iconic and well-known, and more popular (based on the CYL poll).

52 minutes ago, Florete said:

Really? I'd expect PoR Ike. He's the original, more iconic and well-known, and more popular (based on the CYL poll).

Yet RD Ike is the one who's gotten much more exposure lately with his Amiibo, Smash, Fates, Codename Steam, and Echoes. PoR Ike just has Heroes atm.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Again, though, Marth uses his Shadow Dragon look instead of the New Mystery look he uses in Smash 4, Codename S.T.E.A.M, and Fates.

Again, though, that look is still similar enough to the New Mystery look to where that's not a big deal. RD Ike looks more different from his PoR self.

32 minutes ago, Hardin said:

To be fair PoR Ike has Brawl, and Heroes is much bigger than Fates, Echoes, and STEAM combined. 

I wouldn't say Heroes is that big, but his appearances in those other games are all based on his amiibo while an appearance in Warriors likely wouldn't be. Even for Smash, Ike is probably better known from Brawl than Smash 4 if only because of the Wii's much greater install base than the Wii U's.