Lyn's marketing was actually pretty genius. Also Ike's chances.

?????

Just now, phineas81707 said:

That was Brawl, at least, where Kirby, Meta Knight and King Dedede also had a big impact on the Subspace Emissary, while Mario was a punching bag and leader of the worst party.

I think Meta Knight got nerfed hard for Smash 4. Not like I found him good in either game.

He's still really good in Smash 4 with notable tournament placements, not dominant like Brawl but he still has really safe kill confirms.

I follow the competitive scene and have played in tournaments so I think I know what I'm talking about.

People will always call Sakurai Bias however. Be it for Kirby in 64, The FE characters existing in Melee along with them having 6 in Smash 4, the Dorf situation, The Brawl stuff mentioned, Kid Icarus attention in 4. Poor guy gets called out for every choice he makes as being biased.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

He's still really good in Smash 4 with notable tournament placements, not dominant like Brawl but he still has really safe kill confirms.

I follow the competitive scene and have played in tournaments so I think I know what I'm talking about.

People will always call Sakurai Bias however. Be it for Kirby in 64, The FE characters existing in Melee along with them having 6 in Smash 4, the Dorf situation, The Brawl stuff mentioned, Kid Icarus attention in 4. Poor guy gets called out for every choice he makes as being biased.

Yeah, I haven't been in the Smash community for ages. All I remember of Meta Knight is that one event where you've gotta kill Marth while not killing the princesses.

11 hours ago, Hardin said:

I seriously can't believe that Ike's amiibo appearances in STEAM and Fates are being used to justify RD Ike. Firstly, very few people actually played STEAM, and even fewer people used his amiibo in the game. Second, very few people actually unlocked his amiibo counterpart in Fates, whereas his PoR appearance is available to every single Awakening player with an internet connection.  

Dude, it's not JUST those, it's Smash too. Also, RD Ike appeared in Echoes via Amiibo too now. So he effectively has more appearances than his PoR self now. PoR Ike has PoR (of course), Brawl, and now Heroes. Awakening doesn't count because that art is entirely different to either version of Ike. It's its own design. RD Ike has RD, Smash Wii U/3DS, Fates, Echoes, and Codename Steam, plus the Amiibo. And he'll surely be in Heroes eventually too. It's not just one or two minor appearances, it's ALL these bunches of appearances and the Amiibo.

Now, I'd be fine if PoR Ike was the default and the Ike Amiibo unlocked an RD Ike alt though. I would just prefer RD Ike as the default for the sake of variety. Nobody in the game is a muscular mercenary guy so far, just like in Smash. RD Ike also fits the slow and powerful style he's been getting lately better.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, it's not JUST those, it's Smash too. Also, RD Ike appeared in Echoes via Amiibo too now. So he effectively has more appearances than his PoR self now. PoR Ike has PoR (of course), Brawl, and now Heroes. Awakening doesn't count because that art is entirely different to either version of Ike. It's its own design. RD Ike has RD, Smash Wii U/3DS, Fates, Echoes, and Codename Steam, plus the Amiibo. And he'll surely be in Heroes eventually too. It's not just one or two minor appearances, it's ALL these bunches of appearances and the Amiibo.

For Awakening, Hardin's probably referring to SpotPass Ike, not DLC Ike.  I can't actually check whether Ike's SpotPass version used the PoR artwork or the RD artwork right now, though.

36 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

For Awakening, Hardin's probably referring to SpotPass Ike, not DLC Ike.  I can't actually check whether Ike's SpotPass version used the PoR artwork or the RD artwork right now, though.

Well, that's still pretty minor compared to the Amiibo appearances, really.

Full disclosure, I do think RD Ike would be better if Ike is added, but there is no way that Ike's amiibo appearances makes him more notable than PoR Ike. FE characters don't get large batches manufactured like Mario characters, the numbers just aren't there. 

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Now, I'd be fine if PoR Ike was the default and the Ike Amiibo unlocked an RD Ike alt though. I would just prefer RD Ike as the default for the sake of variety. Nobody in the game is a muscular mercenary guy so far, just like in Smash. RD Ike also fits the slow and powerful style he's been getting lately better.

While true, it's literally only because the amiibo unlocks Ike in those titles, it wouldn't make sense to have the RD Ike amiibo unlock PoR Ike..as such it's still up in the air.

2 minutes ago, Deva Ashera said:

While true, it's literally only because the amiibo unlocks Ike in those titles, it wouldn't make sense to have the RD Ike amiibo unlock PoR Ike..as such it's still up in the air.

Right, yeah. That's why I say both Ikes are equally iconic now and either one could be the default in FE Warriors, I would just prefer RD Ike. Also, RD Ike would be slightly easier to use, as he already has a pre-made 3DS sprite. They'd have to make a new one from scratch for PoR Ike.

Edited by Anacybele

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Right, yeah. That's why I say both Ikes are equally iconic now and either one could be the default in FE Warriors, I would just prefer RD Ike. Also, RD Ike would be slightly easier to use, as he already has a pre-made 3DS sprite. They'd have to make a new one from scratch for PoR Ike.

I think Tecmo Koei will make Ike's 3DS model from scratch anyway, Marth doesn't look like Smash Marth in 3DS Warriors aside from similar costume.

2 hours ago, Deva Ashera said:

Which actually gives IS the perfect excuse to make a PoR Ike amiibo in the future. As for Ike's appearance in Warriors, it wouldn't really matter much since both will most likely be there: one as the default and the other one as an alt skin. 

As for Marth, Smash!Marth is New Mystery of the Emblem Marth while Warriors!Marth is literally SD!Marth.