Focus: Dauntless Crimeans

SatsumaFSoysoy

Interesting...my thoughts: First off, yay, Tellius characters! I did rather enjoy those two games.

I am simultaneously excited about and dreading the release of Amiti. My red flier spot is set in stone for all time, but the whole "optimal" thing will always bother me if Elincia is indeed better. Flier Formation looks really fun to play with.

Slaying Lance and Wrath look kinda scary, especially together. They're plenty scary apart, too, but shouldn't be too hard to play around.

Hopefully Oscar's got a solid stat line, those skills fall under the "just ok" category for me.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I also just noticed that whatever Black Knight's Special is, it has a cooldown of 3. Whether that means it's Bonfire or not remains to be seen. Also Brave Ike instead of regular Ike in the video. I wonder why...

I'm gonna say that's probably Luna. IIRC the Black Knight had Luna and Renewal in PoR, and Eclipse is just called Luna in the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn. Luna also has a cooldown of three in Heroes, so it fits there as well.

5 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Can't say I'm happy. What is it with them seriously cutting back on adding new characters?

Only three Crimeans? Yup, that's all the Crimeans left in the game. Why add Kieran, Geoffrey, Lucia, any of Boyd's brothers, Marcia, or even Bastion...

I have to admit, all through the trailer, I was expecting Geoffrey but would've been happy with any other guy. I'd've been annoyed by another girl, but I was expecting someone. It feels like the game is just going to be drowned by special characters 'cos they've reduced the GHBs and now the banner characters.

I was really hoping for Geoffrey to get released alongside Elincia too, so I'm a bit disappointed there. Cause who knows when him, Lucia and the rest of Elincias' retainers get released.

6 minutes ago, Raijinto said:

I'm gonna say that's probably Luna. IIRC the Black Knight had Luna and Renewal in PoR, and Eclipse is just called Luna in the Japanese version of Radiant Dawn. Luna also has a cooldown of three in Heroes, so it fits there as well.

Oh right forgot about Luna. There were a few skills it could have been, those being Astra, Bonfire/Ignis, and Draconic Aura.

Thinking it over Oscar is kind of a boring and random pick. I like the guy but more red/green cavaliers are not very exciting in Heroes. It would've been more interesting and made more sense for them to add say Brom to go with Neph and Geoffrey with Elincia, he may also be a lance horse but at least he would come with the Brave Lance and has a bit of a more interesting look to him. 

32 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I don't know why they only have 3 units this time.  If they stayed with releasing 4, it would literally be years before they ran out of characters.

I don't know why they couldn't have Kieran along side the rest.  He has connections to all 3.  He's Oscar's rival, he's Elincia's loyal knight, and he was a prisoner together with Nephenee.

Especially with the additional special characters they also seem to add in every month...

And yup, when I saw Oscar, my expectations did veer from Geoffrey to Kieran. This move just makes no sense and leaves me bitter. Oh well, not pulling. Oscar is likely to drop down, but they'll probably keep the other two 5*

20 minutes ago, Elincia said:

I was really hoping for Geoffrey to get released alongside Elincia too, so I'm a bit disappointed there. Cause who knows when him, Lucia and the rest of Elincias' retainers get released.

I can only hope for a banner with him, Lucia, Kieran and one other (Bastian or Marcia maybe). After all, he has a fair amount of prominence in Part 2 of RD... But then could just be me being hopeful, which I've learned is a bad thing for this game -.-

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Am I the only one really excited for Oscar?  If avatars were a thing in PoR, I'd S Support him.

TBH I haven't played either Tellius game. I would if I could, but if I could then I wouldn't still be looking for them every time I go to Gamestop...

I highly doubt it, but IS might have a second 3-character banner prepared for simultaneous release like with Alm and Celica's Armies. Or would have the video for that been released along with this one? I don't remember what they did with the Armies.

19 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

I highly doubt it, but IS might have a second 3-character banner prepared for simultaneous release like with Alm and Celica's Armies. Or would have the video for that been released along with this one? I don't remember what they did with the Armies.

The banners for Alms army and Celica's army were released at pretty much the exact same time, even having similar trailers for the "new story maps" part of their videos.

@Rezzy You're not the only one. I think Oscar is the best green cav in the series. Forde is the best red cav in my humble opinion. Sure I already have Clive and Camus, but why not add more Lance Cavs to my army!

Edited by Noble Of Pherae

37 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Am I the only one really excited for Oscar?  If avatars were a thing in PoR, I'd S Support him.

I do adore Oscar, so I do plan to get him, but I plan to wait for him to drop to 4* since I refuse to pull on banners like this, for all the difference it makes to IS...

He's such a lovely guy. I haven't looked again, but I think my first impression of his art was good :) I hope he has good stats, since he's basically overshadowed by the other two on this banner skill-wise.

I'm missing a fourth unit on the banner, like Geoffrey, Lucia or even Kieran if we're talking about early game units.

Oscar looks meh, we have a huge pool of lance cavs. Nephenee is ok because we lack lance infantry units (as well as axe ones), and Elincia is just your red flier, nuff said.

= EDIT =

Oscar will probably have 30+ spd and def, 30- atk and res near the 20s, I guess his Hp will be above 40.

Edited by Quintessence

Even though I like Tellius, I'm not really all that hyped for this banner. It just seems weird. I'm wondering why they only chose 3 characters instead of 4 and why it's those 3, since they have no connections other than being Crimeans. A Lucia/Elincia/Geoffrey/Bastian banner would have made sense and a Nephenee/Brom/Kieran/Oscar wouldn't have been too weird. Heck, if they really wanted a 3 unit banner, they could have gone with Oscar/Boyd/Rolf banner. Also, me only having 3 orbs left after the Brave Heroes banner probably impacts my hype since I know I'll barely have any orbs to spend on this banner.

And since this banner makes the leak seem more likely, we could very well see the Black Knight as the upcoming TT reward, which I find just as weird. I thought of a Black Knght GHB as soon as the concept was introduced and instead they'll give him to us as a TT reward. Doesn't help that TT unit are harder to merge than GHB units and that TT units have tended to be underwhelming. I'm afraid they'll go the Masked Marth route and just release him with Alondite. 

Ah damn.

Bastian is in my top 3 favourite characters. Would have loved to hear his over-the-top flirting of Lucia and what accent they would have given him.

I thought his only chance to be in this game was in a banner alongside Elincia and Lucia (and probably Geoffrey). Now I don't think he's going to be in Heroes anymore. 

Edited by Vince777

I'm am going for Elincia and Nephenne. Oscar would be nice, but he feels like he is a alternative Roderick to me and I don't know why. Elincia would be for my flier emblem team and Nephenne would be for AA, Arena and Squad Assult.

2 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

Ah damn.

Bastian is in my top 3 favourite characters, would have loved to hear his over-the-top flirting of Lucia and what accent they would have given him.

I thought his only chance to be in this game was in a banner alongside Elincia and Lucia (and probably Geoffrey). Now I don't think he's going to be in Heroes anymore. 

There's always the chance of a Geoffrey banner... I need to cling to some hope somewhere.

I hope this doesn't start a new trend. We're already getting fewer characters added in - we don't need less.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Unless the English and Japanese descriptions don’t agree yet again, it’s she who can teleport to fliers, not fliers to her.

Misread a kanji that would flip it.

My bad.

My data for Twitter videos caused it to be very pixelated.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Finally a sword flier I really like, but why no Kieran or Bastian for a green unit?  I like Oscar and am glad he is in, but I really wanted an ax cav unit since I have so many lance and sword cavs but only three ax.  

Edited by EricaofRenais

3 characters? Also odd to see Oscar without Kieran or Nephenee without Brom.

I do have a guess that Zacharias might be the fourth character. I got the impression that he might join at the end of the lastest story chapter.

I'm at least hoping that's the case. I'm really starting to get sick of chasing him.

The banner only being three characters is unfortunate, but still, lot of cool stuff here. Should mean just one character will drop to 4*, so presumably that's Oscar.

Elincia in particular looks wild. Dire Thunder is already ridiculous enough at just +2 Mt compared to Brave Bow, so I'd expected Amiti and any other melee brave ultimate weapons would be 10 Mt and -5 Spd, but it's even better than that. It's not a ranged weapon or on a unit with 3 Move, but still. She'll be a monster with Desperation, and she already has Death Blow and Ardent Sacrifice built in, to easily set up that build. Her C skill comes at the price of not giving flier bonuses, but does she even need to grant bonuses with her allies when she can just take their bonuses and dart around annihilating everything herself?

Wrath looks really cool, but I don't have much use for infantry right now. Still, it's really cool to have it established as a thing now for future characters. Like a certain axe fighter.

I didn't think this banner would be enough to convince me to break from my plan of "spend current orbs on a last shot at Brave Lucina, then save the rest in case the expected Halloween banner has something cool", even if it had Elincia, but she's impressive enough to change my mind. I certainly hadn't been expecting her to be on a three-character banner, but that means this could be the easiest-ever chance at her, so it's hard to argue with that.

I guess the banner being only three characters does have one big benefit in making it easier to get the three characters on it, although I do worry about the precedent. But if we're getting a bunch of extra characters through the Warriors maps, that could be an understandable reason to cut back on other new characters for the month, both in the banner and in skipping the GHB.

Not sure why everyone's so disappointed by only 1 banner of 3 units. That + BK from the next TT is 4 total, and since it's an older game I didn't except a big dump of units like for Echoes. Echoes getting multiple banners made more sense since they were still in the phase of both promoting and milking the new game.

And aside from not being interested in him, I wish they had picked somebody who could be green or colorless over Oscar, since having him spook Nephenee orbs and only red + blue being worthwhile this banner is a bit annoying.

Edited by Alkaid